georgexu94

Fears/Phobias

I guess I have a fear of loud noises. Whenever I hear one, I turn around quickly. it's called Phonophobia. on a scale of 1/10, I would give it a 4.

I think investigating loud noises is a natural human reaction.

I have trypophobia. It's a fear of small cluster holes. Imagine lotus pods and certain types of sea sponge. It's completely irrational but skeeves me out something fierce. I always associate it with insects and parasites oozing out, and i immediately think of my skin pores and imagine hundreds of thousands of creatures squeezing out of them and lkajsdkjnsdfaSDKLFDKGASD nope nope nope n o p e

i'm also afraid of growing up, though i'd like to think that one is more rational.

Dentists, although I'd hardly call that irrational as they are some scary noises and you can't see whats going on.

I don't know if there is a phobia for this, but the loss of control is very difficult for me. And it's not that i'm a control freak I don't have to be in charge of the whole situation, i need to be in charge of MY situation within the general situation. Like if I show up to work without a pen to something I have known would require one, I get a bit sick and "find writing utensil" becomes priority number 1. It also goes for other people who enter my bubble space, like when my company had us do that team/ trust building exercise where you fall backwards and are caught by your co-workers.

I can't do it. I just can't, it's not the height because we tried it on the ground where I just had to lean back. I can't do it, I got physically ill and started to hyperventilate. Sadly enough I work with my twin brother, he was there, I can't even do it with him.

It's like Other people= out of my control = Bad= smash head on rocks.

Edited by tjsweepers

To be honest, I think most things I don't like/ are afraid of are mild and normal, but the one that is not has to be locusts. I can't stand them, hat being near them, they make my skin crawl. I think it's the buzzing and piling up like little insect towers. sad.gif

I have a fear of reptiles snakes, crocs, gators, bugs, falling heights, fire, and being misunderstood.

I am sure there are other things that get to me and petrify me, but those are what I can currently think of.

I'm afraid of confrontation, people in general, rejection, imperfection, future, past, elevators and I have extreme OCD so that's something as well...

Life sucks tongue.gif

Edited by Oasis

Bugs, bugs, and bugs. Oh did, I mention bugs?

Also, failure, not being accepted (which really, I'm not), and failing school.

Trypophobia.... Ahhhhh god, that stuff freaks me OUT. And it doesn't help when people start teasing me about it or "try to help you get over your fear" by listing off objects with small clusters of holes.... Okay, I gotta stop. >.< That is freaking me out.

One term: SAD. It's all fine on the internet, I'm open for talks, but when it comes to interactions with strangers in real life... ONE TICKET TO NOPELAND PLEASE.

Edited by Light Concorde

One term: SAD. It's all fine on the internet, I'm open for talks, but when it comes to interactions with strangers in real life... ONE TICKET TO NOPELAND PLEASE.

Hmm, I guess I never thought of that as being a phobia. I've recognized my debilitating social anxiety for a long time now but didn't do any research into it, thinking it was just something I should try to cope with, so I didn't realize it was also considered social phobia. That page and a few others I got from Google pretty much sum me and my behavior up. (I'm also fine on the Internet too, except when going into unfamiliar IRC chatrooms.)

Heights. **shudder** It's a fear, not an outright phobia. I can't watch someone close to the edge of a building on TV without my skin crawling. That being said, I make myself go to the top of buildings and lean over the edge and look down whenever I get the chance. I did that almost every day when my mom was alive and constantly in the hospital the last couple years. It's scary, but the longer I'd stay there looking down, the less afraid I was. That doesn't mean that fear is gone. It's not. I can just deal with it better now.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Come to think about it, I don't have any of the common fears... I don't mind bugs, spiders, and I absolutely LOVE heights <3 The only thing that bothers me is preforming, but that's only when I forget my homework for the day xd.pngwub.gif

Arachnophobia. Those spiders scare the hell out of me. If I'm sitting in a car and I see a spider (even a money spider), I'll stare at it for the rest of the car journey. I won't blink, I won't move. I just stare at it making sure it doesn't move (it rarely does because it can feel my eyes piercing it so it just freezes too).

Sometimes however, the spider does move, and I lose it. Then I force my parents to stop driving (mainly by screaming and general panicking) and I make them search the whole car for this tiny spider and I force them to remove it from the car.

My worst encounter with a spider was when I saw one of those big garden spiders, and my dad tried to use the cup and paper method to remove it...and I was standing underneath...

I'll put this simply--the spider missed the cup, and my face seemed a great spot to land...

Earthworms. Is there a word for that fear? Not sure. But I'm TERRIFIED of them.

Most people think I'm joking, but I'm not, and never will. Some people learn it the hard way when they shove one into my face and emerge with a black eye due to my preferred "fight" response.

What's bad for me is that I go to college in a fairly green place, and after raining there are earthworms literally EVERYWHERE. Fufu, if you hear a girl screaming and crying as you walk to class, that's me.

On the bright side, I can spot the tiniest earthworm within my line of sight, and it helps when I play Where's Waldo. tongue.gif

Earthworms. Is there a word for that fear? Not sure. But I'm TERRIFIED of them.

Most people think I'm joking, but I'm not, and never will. Some people learn it the hard way when they shove one into my face and emerge with a black eye due to my preferred "fight" response.

What's bad for me is that I go to college in a fairly green place, and after raining there are earthworms literally EVERYWHERE. Fufu, if you hear a girl screaming and crying as you walk to class, that's me.

On the bright side, I can spot the tiniest earthworm within my line of sight, and it helps when I play Where's Waldo. tongue.gif

Scoleciphobia is the fear of worms smile.gif Why are you scared of them? Do you know?

Insects and reptiles: Esp. caterpillars and things like that. I don't care that they turn into a butterfly, i still hate them dry.gif Amphibians are okay though, frogs are soo cute biggrin.gif

Heights: If i am in a secureish place like an airplane, i'm fine but if i'm on a ladder i'm just staring at the ground the whole time.

Failing: Nuff said. I have a audition later today so I hope its goes well.

I have trypophobia

Those pictures on the internet make me start to itch and I feel the need to scratch the pictures.... It does look really nasty too.

My one main fear is bugs. I hate all bugs even ladybugs and butterflies. Bugs just scare me .-.

Scoleciphobia is the fear of worms smile.gif Why are you scared of them? Do you know?

I will try not to butcher myself while pronouncing that. orz

I'm not really exactly why I'm scared of them: I just am. Though I presume it started when I was seven-ish? I was playing at a playground, digging through soil like any child would. I was collecting sticks and I noticed something sticking out of the ground. I grabbed it, then noticed it was mushy and wet. It moved. I screamed. I threw it away and ran back home.

Yeah, I think that sums up how I got traumatized.

It's simple, I know. orz

I have a fear pf falling off something high. This didn't occur before I was 8, but when I was 8 I was knocked off a trampoline and it was about 5 feet off the ground. It left a nasty mark on my back and I couldn't breathe at all, or properly for about 10 minutes. Im fine with being on tall things, as long as I don't have a chance of falling.

I also hate spiders, and when I'm home alone and hear a random noise, I grab the nearest possible weapon and hide.

Yeah I don't like heights. I mean I guess I can deal with riding a ferris wheel and some other rides. And I definitely don't like crowds. Even my family knows if we're going to a restaurant that's crowded I get so uncomfortable. But I just have to go in and focus on my food.

Ants. Those huge ones that usually live in the forests. If I see one on the ground I panic and don't know what to do.. If there is only one ant, I kill it and then I go somewhere else. But if there are many ants, I just panic and run away from there..

When I was in the forest once with my family, I didn't notice the huge anthill behind a tree.. Normally I check for them wherever I go, but somehow I didn't this time. And apparently I didn't check the ground either.. So suddenly I was standing right beside it, and when I saw it.. Full of ants. Oh my god.. xd.png I got paralyzed and it took me like 2-3 seconds to process what I was seeing, and then I screamed really loud and ran as fast as I could, crying, back to our car. It was really horrible.. But it probably looked kinda fun, hahaha..

Not really a fear, but I have trypophobia, which means I'm repulsed by clustered holes in things like Surinam toads and lotus pods. The toads are the worst (except for the photoshopped humans) with their babies living inside the disgusting holes. They make me really itchy and uncomfortable.