georgexu94

Fears/Phobias

this is really embarrassing and I wish it were a joke but I have a horrible fear of pineapples ( ´Д`)y━・~~

it's horrible, I can't be in the same room as the stuff and if there's some in the fridge I get too scared to go in there until its gone

it's incredibly embarrassing

I'ma lockiophobic, had to watch "the miracle of life" in 7th grade scarred me for life, had to watch it again in 10th grade, skipped class. :|

I have this fear, too... Even just the thought of giving birth makes me incredibly nauseous. I had to watch the same thing this year, in 9th grade, but I convinced my mom to let me stay home that day.

I haaate hate hate cars and driving. I'm getting my permit this year and I'm freaked out already. Before I even got into an accident (high dude ran a red light and nearly killed my mom and I) I was terrified of cars. Ugh...

I'm also a vegitarian because I'm scared of tapeworms and other parasites.

i also have a fear of fireworks- one misfired and hit me in the leg. burned though my pajamas and got me good. tend not to go near those anymore

along with trypophobia- i just can't do it, especially with skin. i'll vomit if it pops up unexpectedly, but i can brace myself if i know its coming

im sure theres more i cant think of :l

Arachnophobia, a variant of nyctophobia (yet I prefer the dark), and mild heights.

I have arachnophobia (I freak out at the sight of a spider and won't go near the same area ever again), and Trypophobia, fear of clusters. Yeah, the second one is weird, and it's not exactly a "fear", but I get extremely uncomfortable and I want to rip apart whatever it is.

Warning - if you google "Trypophobia" or "fear of clusters" you get barraged with cluster pictures. Yay. D:

I think I've had a fear of rivers ever since our family and some friends went inner tubing down the Truckee (?) River.

I am germaphobic(only minorly)

But i hate maggots. I throw up or become extremely nauseous if i see or am in the same room with them.. i can't stand it...

I

despise

cockroaches.

With all of my mind and soul and EVERY OUNCE OF MY BEING. They scare me. I will have a panic attack if one touches me.

Sad, I know. But they're rancid little creeps

I've got an Arachnophobia.

I have always been terrified of spiders, no matter their size or shape. I don't know why. People tell me; "They're so small, they can't hurt you" and I know that, but they still disgust me and I can't stand being near them.

Also, pretty much any type of bug as well. They just look like small, crawling creatures of evil to me. Eugh. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about them.

Edited by TheAkatsuki

My phobias and fears..

-Social phobia(being in cities,crowded areas etc..)

-claustrophobia

-The phobia when someone laughs it's because of me...sad.gif doesn't remember what that phobia was called..

-Afraid of heights

-Afraid of clowns

-Afraid to riding on horses. A horse threw me off when I was 12 and I fainted and it almost ran over me and if it did, my head would probably get crushed..

-Afraid of water and getting drowned

-Afraid of zombies

-Afraid that an apocalypse will come

-Afraid of bees and wasps

-Afraid of girls. Lol i know...but I've been bullying by girls since first/second grade..

-Afraid of aggressive persons

-Afraid of darkness

-Afraid of persons that's shouting at me

-Afraid of virus epidemics will break out

-Afraid of big cities

-I'm sightly afraid of goats. A goat climbed up on a small rock and rammed me in my stomach with its horns D:

I have something called aphenphosmaphobia. The fear of being touched. I absolutely hate being touched in most places. My arms and legs are okay, but any area that is covered by clothes... I just can't stand it. My neck is the worst area, along with my torso. I HATE IT SO MUCH. I can't stand it. I hate it.

I got that too, I dislike it when some of my friends hug me. Its just the most uncomfortable thing ever, especially if your friend is more of an outgoing type person and is use to touching people. :|

I do not know the words for the fears, but I do not like bugs/insects or anything that even resembles them. I do not like spiders, I do not like prawns, I do not like slugs.

Anything of that ilk is a huge no no for me.

http://dragcave.net/graveyard

Anyone see this and have an eggshell-phobia?

I know I have a bit. Staring at that page makes me uncomfortable (without realizing that those were dead eggs and feel sorry for the dragons, even though I do feel that way)

Aah, lets see... I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and for those that aren't familiar that basically means that anything can cause me to feel anxious or panic. A lot of these things are completely irrational and have caused me to gain a few phobias from it.

Mysophobia- Fear of germs. When I was a lot younger we took this health class in science and they showed us basically how many germs and bacteria are on your hand and I thought of germs and such as things that make you very sick and can kill you. I refused to touch anything food related with my hands, and would go to extreme lengths to avoid anyone eating something that was touched by my hands. my mom had put out a plate of goldfish for my sister and I to eat, but she put the ones we didn't eat back in the bag and I flipped internally. I threw the bag out but she put it back, so when she left the room I took the bag outside to the driveway, dumped out all the crackers and stomped on them. I would also throw away any food that was passed it's expiration date even if it was in the freezer. I'm a lot better now, but I can't go anywhere without a thing of hand sanitizer with me.

Nyctophobia- Fear of darkness or the night. I just basically never grew out of the childhood phase of being afraid of the dark, or more specifically what is hiding in the dark. I always need to have a small light on in my room and I absolutely refuse to go outside when it's night time, I always have this feeling that something is behind me, or is going to get me if I don't reach the light or go inside fast enough. I still even have a fear that something will grab me from under my bed so I basically jump into bed after undressing so it can't get my feet. >.>

Monophobia- Fear of being alone. This is actually a smaller fear of mine and don't know if it should be considered a phobia but it heavily ties in with my next phobia so I thought I would add it.

Thanatophobia- Fear of death/someone dying. This is an uncontrollable fear of mine and possibly the worst of them all. The fear of something bad happening to my mom is completely irrational and very hard to keep under control. Anytime she is out of the house doing something, whether she is at work, shopping, hanging out with her friends I feel anxious and can't help but think something bad might happen -knock on wood- and the only thing that makes me feel better is when I call my mom and she answers the phone. IF she doesn't answer then I'm basically one tear away from a total panic attack. Being alone makes this even worse since there is no one to help me, but even if someone is there unless they are an authoritative figure or know what NOT to do when I'm panicking I'll calm down quicker. If the person is of no help and just keeps saying censorkip.gif like "stop panicking, why are you acting like this just stop, I can't deal with you like this" and things along the lines of just not understanding AT ALL that these things are completely irrational and very, very hard to control once it's started.

The worst part of this is that my worst fears came true one day. Back in 09 my dad, to whom I was extremely close, ended up taking his own life. It was the worst day of my life, all day I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was wrong, and I tried calling him for hours never once getting an answer. I kept on trying to tell myself everything was okay but that really only helps so much until you get that frantic call from your sister who just came home. At the time he was saying he was going to go work in another city, he fixed and worked on jet planes and sometimes would need to leave town for awhile for a job. I had to stay with my mom, he had to get me out of the house in order to... to do what he did... He never had a job waiting for him in the other city, he made it up and told me not to call until noon so that... I guess so I wouldn't call him before hand and make him feel that he couldn't do it or something...? I need to stop talking about this specific fear now.

Agoraphobia- Fear of open or crowded areas in which an exit/way out is not readily available. I've actually had some arguments with other people about the definition of this phobia. People seem to think that it only pertains to large open areas when it really doesn't, it includes areas that are crowded and specific uncontrollable social situations. Even in my own home I can only handle being in the living area with a bunch of people for a few minutes. Even if it's like, 4 people hanging out in the garage I will try to interact but I always end up feeling the same, overwhelmed, anxious and nervous, my stomach begins to get upset, and I just kind of withdraw into myself. If I ever go with my mom to someone else's home I need to find and designate a spot for me to go to when it all becomes too much for me. This fear really has more to do with my Asperger's actually. I just can't do social interaction like normal people can. I can get what been referred to as sensory overload when around other people or if a lot of things are going on at once like you would find in a mall or store.

One time I was with my friend at this neat little Japanese general store that I loved to go to, and then suddenly I started to feel anxious and that I was on the verge of a panic attack. She was incredible though, my friend saw this and immediately started to comfort me and talk me down and I felt better really quickly. Another incident was at this really popular and crowded wharf/dock and I was just completely not into it. I felt uncomfortable in my own skin just being there. My mom was very upset with me and told me if I didn't stop she would force me to stay in the car aaaaaallll the way back at the parking lot for the rest of the night. So basically it was either deal with this or deal with being alone in the car which would have made my condition even worse. I calmed down eventually though once we were sitting down to eat and my mom realized what she said was the worst thing she could have possibly said to me.

That's about it for now, can't think of any others right now. I don't have any fears or phobias pertaining to animals. I actually love some animals the majority of people want nothing to do with. Like pit bulls and sting rays. I had a sting ray encounter when on a cruise and we stopped at Grande Cayman. They were swimming all around us and we got to pet them and hold them in our arms. their underside feels like a portobello mushroom >w< omg and when I held one it ended up falling asleep! okay I'm done sorry.

Weird, the forum says that I've never posted in this thread but it's something I would have commented in a long time ago. Oh well. tongue.gif

I have a pretty severe fear of anything medical- shots, needles, IVs, some medications, x-rays, blood tests, etc. Visits to the doctor are very difficult for me; they can never get accurate readings on my blood pressure and I struggle to control my self-defense reflexes like thrashing. I've had to change doctors quite a lot because several of them have humiliated me and made me feel bad for my actions. I really do try to control it, because I'm embarrassed for my minor panic attacks, but I can't. Even hearing people talk about surgeries or anything makes my heart start racing and I have to work on controlling my breathing or I hyperventilate. Even typing this out is hard for me. sad.gif

I have random minor fears of things like antifreeze, heights, driving, and such, but those don't cause panic. When I was a young child, though, I had an intense fear of doorknobs at night. It was really illogical, and they didn't bother me in the daytime, but my parents had to put socks over the doorknobs in my bedroom so that I could sleep. laugh.gif

I have a massive phobia of snakes. When I look at one I feel all weird and...well it's kind of hard to explain but when I see one my spine just all shivers (not from the cold).

I used to have severe acrophobia (fear of heights) but it's toned down now.

I have a mild fear of being alone.

I have a moderate fear of being touched (as another person put it, places where I am covered by clothes)

And I have a severe fear of holes.

I think I saw someone had it, too. But it's not with like bee hives. And it's not because I'm afraid of maggots or something. It just is, and even typing about is sort of making my hands shake.

It sounds really stupid, I know. It's gotten to the point where I fear small bubbles as well... though that may be an entirely different thing, I don't know. x>

I guess I have a fear of loud noises. Whenever I hear one, I turn around quickly. it's called Phonophobia. on a scale of 1/10, I would give it a 4.

hapnophobia (fear of being touched)

hydrophobia (more specifically, large open waters, i can stay in shallows though about 5 feet of water in a pool, lake/oceans 2 1/2 - 3 feet)

arachnophobia

aerophobia (fear of flying)

Cleithrophobia (being locked/trapped in enclosed space)

needle phobia aka trypanophobia

i'm just bucket of neuroses dry.gif