georgexu94

Fears/Phobias

Fears? I can list so many..

Fire, Heights, Crowds, Dandelions (Don't ask), Glitches, Ladders....

I don't like the thought of being buried alive at all, or not being able to move and stretch in general. I like small, dark spaces, but only if I'm free to get out of them.

I'm also afraid of being forced to run long distances. It's not really a big deal, and I can handle it, but I panic a bit when I think about the twelve minute run. I don't know if its like this in other schools, but in our school for Gym class we have these fitness tests a few times a year. We have to run laps around the gym for twelve minutes, and the more laps we get done the higher our mark is. I never want to get a bad mark, so I try and run as far as I can. By the end of it I can't think properly because of exhaustion, and I still don't do that much better than the people who didn't try. dry.gif So, yeah. Not fun. On normal days, we also have to run back and forth across the gym a bunch of times, which wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't scared of it.

Bugs and insects!! I have fear of all insects. I totally hate them.. sad.gif Especially ones with long legs and big wings just makes me crazy..

I'm also afraid of being in situations that I'm not used to.

I have a few fears

Firstly I have emetophobia since I was a little kid. I don't personnaly remember why I have it but I know why because my mom told me. I'm afraid to be sick, I can't stay to see vomit (real, TV or even in cartoon). Last summer I worked on a ferry, when it was bad and boat was moving a lot, each time someone passed by, I was scared he throw up in front of the gidt shop (where I was). Even people talking about it make me feel sick.

Secondly, I'm scared of thunder. I know it's a irrational one because I don't care abour lightnight but I'm scared of the thunder sound which I know is armless as it's only sound but I can't help myself.

Thirdly, I'm scared to be alone at night. I'm ok until I go to bed, then I start to freak out at any sounds I hear.

A fourth one is that I'm also scared of phones when it comes to call someone. It's not so much of a fear but rather a big dislike, I'm stressing a lot. This one has few execption as close friends, parents, grand-parents, and few uncles or aunts. Even my boyfriend in a 1 and half year, I called him like maybe 2 times.

I don't know if it's really a fear or just a big dislike but I would consider me as christianophobic, islamophobic, judeophobic and whatever are the names for other religions. I have no problem with people who have those believes and I respect them no matter what, I won't insult them and I'll be nice with them. What I hate is the religions for what they are. I'm an atheism. Just if someone annoy me with that I would tell them to sh** up but that's all.

I also hate so much most insects (not all) but it's not really a fear.

Edited by Little-Star

I am afraid of spiders, gosh they are so creepy looking, it's odd though, if there is a creepy spider I have the compelling urge to take a picture of them.

I'm deathly afraid of heights I won't let any of my family members lean on railings and I hate it when people look over or stand over an edge it makes me scared for them xd.png

I have a few fears

Firstly I have emetophobia since I was a little kid. I don't personnaly remember why I have it but I know why because my mom told me. I'm afraid to be sick, I can't stay to see vomit (real, TV or even in cartoon). Last summer I worked on a ferry, when it was bad and boat was moving a lot, each time someone passed by, I was scared he throw up in front of the gidt shop (where I was). Even people talking about it make me feel sick.

Secondly, I'm scared of thunder. I know it's a irrational one because I don't care abour lightnight but I'm scared of the thunder sound which I know is armless as it's only sound but I can't help myself.

Thirdly, I'm scared to be alone at night. I'm ok until I go to bed, then I start to freak out at any sounds I hear.

A fourth one is that I'm also scared of phones when it comes to call someone. It's not so much of a fear but rather a big dislike, I'm stressing a lot. This one has few execption as close friends, parents, grand-parents, and few uncles or aunts. Even my boyfriend in a 1 and half year, I called him like maybe 2 times.

I don't know if it's really a fear or just a big dislike but I would consider me as christianophobic, islamophobic, judeophobic and whatever are the names for other religions. I have no problem with people who have those believes and I respect them no matter what, I won't insult them and I'll be nice with them. What I hate is the religions for what they are. I'm an atheism. Just if someone annoy me with that I would tell them to sh** up but that's all.

I also hate so much most insects (not all) but it's not really a fear.

Hate and fear are different.

I think I'm afraid of heights...or more correctly BRIDGES!

I can climb the ladder onto the roof - and while I'm not comfortable I can do the work required. But even driving over a span makes me tighten up noticeably and I cannot walk over a lot of those walkway spans if they are too narrow, like less than 3 m wide - it freaks me out too much.

i can do it if i make myself - and actually did the entire treetop walk in Denmark WA - pretty sure I left my finger prints in the steel rails though.

I have a fear of becoming lost. Like, if I'm in an unfamiliar place, I'll start to freak out a little, afraid I'll lose my way and end up becoming lost, even though that doesn't seem likely. Also, I have social anxiety.

I'm scared of heights... Gross bugs... And warming up pancakes. A plate decided to fall- It was completely on the counter- when I was warming up pancakes, and my toes was in a puddle of red. I can't handle warming up pancakes anymore. I don't admit the rest of my fears...

I've had a pretty bad social phobia for a while now. It used to be a crippling social anxiety, but a year of struggle has now rendered me able to order food and such over the phone and ask questions to a serving person (waiter, store employee, etc). I'm still terrified of preforming in front of people and such, and I'm sure this has kept me from advancing in my Band class.

I'm also afraid of rejection and being forgotten, which is part of my social phobia. I hate crowds and loud places too.

Bugs, disgusting little things. Well... mostly when they are where they shouldn't be, like on/near me.

I have a fear of blacking out, or generally losing awareness of my consciousness. I suppose at the core it's a fear of lack of control. But I've had nightmares that someone told me "Oh you were crazy at the party last night!" or some such, and I said "But I don't remember any of that!" and they go on to describe all the dangerous, out of character things that happened to me while I was blacked out.

That idea that my body could be functioning while I'm not in it is extremely scary to me. Of course I'm also afraid of my body being damaged, or at worst violated, while I'm not aware. It's a pretty deep fear. :c

I had to kill another Black Widow in the hay barn this morning. I don't panic on seeing them like I did when I was younger, but I still really don't like them. They do creep me out, and there are too many this year. dry.gif

ETA: I just killed another one in my garden with the evening watering. unsure.gif I don't like them! mad.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Social anxiety's my main one. Not just IRL, but on the internet as well. Phone conversations are the worst, though.

Astrophobia is the other. It's not a huge deal, but every once in a while I'll look up at the sky and watch the clouds moving, and realize the earth is spinning, and then want to hold on to something solid for a while. It's an interesting feeling, sort of cold and hollow, occasionally with a little vertigo thrown in. I can't really put it into words.

Spiders and any bug that is likely to bite or sting me. My fear of spiders mainly comes from the fact that I had eczema when I was younger, and my parents thought it was spider bites. For the longest of times I thought that any spider I saw was out to get me, up until they actually took me to the doctor and found out that it was eczema. Even now spiders scare me.

I might of got my fear of other bugs from that as well, although it might be because wasps decide to make nests outside the house every summer.

I'm also afraid of natural disasters, and I have been ever since my mother taught me about tornadoes when I was home schooled.

Spiders and any bug that is likely to bite or sting me. My fear of spiders mainly comes from the fact that I had eczema when I was younger, and my parents thought it was spider bites. For the longest of times I thought that any spider I saw was out to get me, up until they actually took me to the doctor and found out that it was eczema. Even now spiders scare me.

I might of got my fear of other bugs from that as well, although it might be because wasps decide to make nests outside the house every summer.

I'm also afraid of natural disasters, and I have been ever since my mother taught me about tornadoes when I was home schooled.

If it makes you feel better, spiders aren't likely to bite you. Unless you ragularly grab spiders with your hands spiders bites of any kind are (contrary to popular opinion) extremely rare.

I have seismophobia,which fear of earthquakes.It is mostly because I live on a seismic area and there have been lots of earthquakes lately so Im scared of that sad.gif

Spiders are definitely the most misunderstood animals in America today. Not only do they not attack you unless you hurt them, but the most "dangerous" ones aren't even as dangerous as they're hyped up to be. An average of about two people die in America from spider bites every year, and that's because of allergic reactions and not the actual effects of the venom. To put that in perspective, more people die from lightning, peanut allergies, dog attacks, and cow attacks. The Sydney funnel web spider hasn't caused any deaths in the past few decades, and that is a spider purportedly considered as very dangerous.

Spiders just aren't aggressive animals. In fact, they'll stay away from you as much as possible. While it's true that you do see them, and you might find them on you once in a great while, most of the time, you will never see them. Besides, it's easy to tell the difference between harmless spiders and "dangerous" spiders if you do a little bit of research. And I can tell you from personal experience that spiders are not dangerous. I have picked them up with my hands several times, and none of them ever bit me. I used to have a minor fear of spiders, but I've gotten past it. When you think about it, it's hard to be afraid of something you can destroy by poking it too hard. And they're easy to capture and move to another place.

Yeah, and all of that means nothing to someone with arachnophobia. Seriously, people, I say this like every page, but a phobia and a fear are not the same thing.

Well, yeah. I never said phobias were the same thing as fears, did I? I would know. I have a phobia of becoming lost, and I used to have a phobia of spiders (I know I previously said it was only a minor fear, but it was definitely a phobia; it's just surreal to actually look back and realize I was so afraid of spiders now that I'm not). That wasn't my point. Don't misinterpret what I meant. I was just trying to educate people on spiders, because more often than not, they don't know the real facts. Most people associate spiders as dangerous. They're not. In fact, here is a Tumblr post of a bug expert handling a black widow. They won't just attack you. There is, however, a difference between someone being afraid of spiders and someone hating spiders. The kind of person who will kill every spider they see because they think they're horrible creatures when they're not. Also, it is entirely possible to overcome your phobias through education and exposure. Most people are not willing to do this. I was. And I'm trying to help others, while also helping spiders.