georgexu94

Fears/Phobias

I used to be afraid of the dark and thunderstorms, but those have gone away. Right now, I'm afraid of knives, bugs, death, some other stuff that I can't think of, and I've got a semi fear of heights.

I'm afraid of tornadoes... Is there a phobia for that? And I'm paranoid. Paranoid about people kill or harming anyone close to me or myself.

Not sure if it counts as a "phobia" or just a "fear" but I basically can't stand bees. If I hear buzzing or see anything that looks or moves like a bee I get nervous, start to tremble and my heart speeds up. And if it's an actual bee I get pretty close to freaking out and I do everything in my reach to get away from it (or just try to kill it, in rare cases) until someone else scares it away. What's worse is when you're in a public place and have to hide how you're unnerved by the bee or everyone looks weird at you.

The fact I'm allergic to insect bites does NOT help either (and I heard that a single bee sting could be fatal to me).

Also to a lesser degree, I get quite unnerved at night. ESPECIALLY when I'm out at night for whatever reason (usually driving back home).

I'm 13 and I still sleep with a night light, in a room shared with my sister. Yeah, I'm scared of the dark. ._.

Also, I'm really afraid of falling from a high place - or rather the feeling in your stomach when you fall. That's why I don't actually ride anything in amusement parks anymore.

Paranormal stuff are frightening as well. Let's just say that I got traumatized when I was really little.

Out of all my fears, nothing gets me close to fainting like public speaking.

I have like, the opposite of stage fright o-o

I have a fear of falling from high places, so if I have to go near a high ledge I'll literally crawl and not go too close.

I also have a fear of being kidnapped. When I walk to school, every time someone opens their car door even if its just to let their child out, I'll try to get my sister and I the heck away. Also, my mind thinks everyone I don't know is trying t kidnap me.

Fear of loosing family ;-;

AND a phobia of cockroaches. I'm just terrified of them and if one gets in the same roomwith me, I'll sprint and get a cat to kill it, ty my cats. I hate te bug spray crap, so cats are solution.

I love all other bugs ad insects... weirdly enough.

I'm an entomologist. I love insects. I love spiders, too. However, I have severe entonophobia (fear if ticks). The surest way to get me screaming is to tell me there's a tick on me.

I had to look up the name, but Myrmecophobia. Fear of ants. It's quite acute, actually. They make me so nervous. I like to make jokes about why I don't like them, but most of it comes from actual truth.

- They're demons

- They eat their dead friends

- They have temples and worship the devil (ok not really but they do build giant demonfests in the middle of your yard)

- They steal your food

- They walk up in your house like they own the place

- They travel by the hundreds (you can kill one ant, maybe two, or a whole herd of them, but you will never eradict their population)

I also have a fear of myself unnaturally bleeding. Blood should remain in my body. I'm okay with other people bleeding or even blood in general, but not me.

And ferris wheels.

And bridges.

But I've managed to get over those last two for the most part. Sketchy bridges / ferris wheels can still scare me to death, but normal ones don't.

Edited by Kojayo55