chicbecause

Middle Earth

Larien lost some focus on the Dwarves when she noticed another figure aproaching them from a distance. She drew her bow again, aiming an arrow toward this figure and waited as it drew closer. It was another Man. "Cuthraed, do you know this one?" The she-elf asked as the Man drew closer to their group. He continued to walk closer as Larien kept her bow's aim trained on him and him alone. It didn't seem to bother the Man which the elf found unwise. But as he came close enough to see clearly his true intentions, Larien loosened her grip on the bow and lowered it when he spoke. He bowed to her shortly after, though his intention to join the group had confused her slightly.

"You say you have come from far, and have been banished?" The word rang differently from the Elf's voice. "Yet you wish to join this group just for commonplace?" She didn't understand how this Man could possibly think joining their group out of random would be considered alright. Especially right now, seeing how he seemed to have no knowledge about their purposes.

When Larien once again drew her bow, Shala was about to ask her what in the name of Mahal she was doing, but then she noticed that the Elf wasn’t aiming at the Dwarf-male but rather at another figure approaching on horseback. She wasn’t sure how she felt about Larien drawing her bow, but then she saw that the Man was approaching with weapons in his hands as well. Wondering why people seemed to deem it necessary to greet them armed, she listened to Larien and this newcomer, Robin, for a moment but then with a shake if her head, she decided to let Larien deal with him. Walking over to the still unknown Dwarf, she said, “Greetings, I am Shala daughter of Baergor. May I know your name?”

Cuthraed tensed when Larien drew her bow, and at her question about the approaching person, he shook his head as he said, “No, I do not.” When the newcomer declared himself and his intentions, Cuthraed found it a bit odd that this Robin sought to join them without knowing their purpose. Of course, he also had to admit that he had essentially done the same thing, but he justified that with the fact that his own purpose was to prove the worth of the Men of the Mark. Listening to Larien and Robin, he noticed Shala go over to the Dwarf, and with a slight almost chuckle, he quietly asked Vaughn, “Are things always this interesting with this company?”

User- Thaelasan

Name- Dandorus "Dandy" Mountainwaker.

Age - 237

Gender- Male, and right proud of it.

Race- Dwarf.

Appearance- Admittedly, Dandorus looks out of place among normal dwarves. It's not because his beard looks slightly askew regardless of how much he combs it in the morning. It's not because one of his eyes is red from a spell that he took for a friend many years ago. It's not even because he's a good two inches taller than most dwarves.

It's because of the strange weapon on his back which he forged himself, and also the source of his surname. It's a large battleaxe, which any good dwarf knows is one of the two finest weapons of choice when going into a battle. However, it has been forged and fixed to have a set of musical strings attached to it, making it look quite like what a present day human would refer to as a sitar, though Dandy calls it his "Mountainwaker."

The first time he played it was after a group of his men had made it through a very harsh battle with minimal casualities. Pleased at such a glorious outcome, Dandy immediately pulled out the strange instrument and attempted to play a Dwarven battle song.

As soon as he struck the chord, he realized he had failed to notice where he was sitting. The beautifully played note turned into a booming roar that echoed throughout the mountain peaks his group was sitting in. At once, every member of the group sat awake with their weapons ready, poised to kill whatever had alerted them.

As Dandy attempted to calm them down, something tapped his backside. When he turned to look, a large stone golem, towering over them, stared at him.

It took its massive stony finger, and put it to its lips.

Three months later, Dandy still hadn't lived it down - so he kept it. The story of the man with a weapon which could wake giants suited him perfectly.

The rest of his appearance echoes those of the fashionable dwarves. His brown-red hair is tied into three knots from his chin. His head hair, still amazingly all there after the years he's lived, falls down his back and ends tied in another braid. A tunic covered in the symbols of his clan covers his barrel chest. A leather strap falls over his shoulder, keeping his weapon sheathed to his back.

Skill set- Dandy likes to think of himself as a "jack of all trades." He likes to - but it isn't true.

Dandy is quite adept in many normal skills, such as the all important art of cuisine, the beautiful art of music, and of course the powerful art of brew making and rabble rousing. Dandy can rouse a rabble like anyone else, and rabble a rouse in the same night.

Yet though he despises to say it, he's not good at swimming, navigation, or archery, though he's working on them in his spare time. His worst trait, however, and his biggest fear is that he can't mine as well as a good dwarf should. He doesn't have a knack for finding good stones and minerals. Thankfully, his job as a bard and fighter have kept him away from the caves and those who would jeer him for such weakness.

In any case, he speaks common, Dwarvish, and even some Elvish, thanks to memorizing many known chants and songs. These chants have also given him a very good idea of mythology and history as it is known in Middle Earth, and he always loves to share a tale or two.

His main skills include mastery of a battle axe and expertise with many musical instruments. When he's not fighting, drinking, rabblerousing, rejoicing, playing, searching, exploring, dancing drunkenly, or having one of his legendary "pensive moments atop a rock of good size", Dandy is normally working on fixing and improving the Mountainwaker.

Other - "Waking mountains is me specialty, though getting them ta leave me alone afterward is the hard part."

Edited by Thaelasan

((Ah Thael, a pleasure to have you back around smile.gif I've read over your sheet and my vote goes to acceptance. Anyone else here have any objections to the matter? Feel free to say so))

(( For the record, the above character sheet was written while running on the sheer creative power of two hours of sleep and Code Red Mountain Dew. I'm probably going to wake up in the morning and curse myself for not making it longer and more entertaining.

Dwarves are supposed to be comedic honorable warriors, DAMMIT! ))

(( Good to hear. From what I've read, we've already met, but Dandy has a bit different way of doing things. ))

Be it the sun shinin' in the mornin' sky,

or perhaps the fields before my eye.

My day is filled wit' brightest joy,

makes me feel like a younger boy.

But today's not a day fer playin' games,

it's a day for questin' and savin' dames.

Perhaps a young lass with hair of gold,

or a fine woman with whom to grow old.

The voice of a pleased-beyond-compare dwarven male boomed out throughout the surrounding area. It was a deep bass tone that escalated perfectly from a higher to lower one as the song went on, a tone that could only have been that good through much agonizing practice. For a moment, if someone would care to hear it, they would notice the song suddenly stop. A few grunts and curses would accompany the end, followed by a sharp "I knew I took the wrong turn there at that damned cave."

Finally, with a sharp ahem, the song picked back up in the same dynamic and with same energy it had possessed before - as if nothing had happened.

They said to me Dandy, it'll be a grand fine day,

so please come along, be there no delay.

The others await you, so please don't be late.

What good is a companion when his mind is irate?

He finished the song pleasantly with a final few notes for good measure on what sounded like a stronger harp. He then grunted once and sniffed.

"Now they thought they could leave old Dandy just because he's bad at findin' his poor old way!" the dwarf said indignantly, coughing. "They probably said, 'Och, that old dwarf's late as a midwife's dinner. Let's just leave him for the worgs.' I ain't late! Just misdirected. Not my fault farmers don't know North from West, which was..."

He hadn't yet cleared the treeline but it was obvious the poor dwarf had probably forgotten which way North was himself.

"But that's alright! Now which way did moss grow, again? Of course the plants would be smarter than old Dandy..."

Another cough.

"Och! There actually IS moss on this old rock. I dunnae think I've ever actually seen that before... to be sure. Gah, I should've hired that damned guide... No Dandy, ye never regret your choices. Besides, ain't this a bit of an adventure?"

Finally, the rustle of trees accompanied the sudden appearance of a well-to-do looking, red-haired dwarf, about a foot shorter than the average man but two inches taller than the average dwarf, give or take. His eyes were currently staring at an old pocket watch in deep concentration.

"Ah well. Who needs the time when ye can make yer own? Now which way did those tracks lead again? I may not be good with directions, I kin, but I can certainly tell what the hooves of horses look like. Old Dandy ain't entirely useless, nope, no sir."

He stared at the ground expectantly, a smile clear on his face.

"It has become apparent to old Dandy that th' tracks are nonexistent here. Oh no wait they're over here." he turned suddenly, pondering. "Wait, elven horse hooves? Only an Elf would let such a shoddy dwarf make his shoes without realizing they weren't worth it. I'll have to make 'em a new set as soon as possible to make up fer that little problem. Those won't last long."

He adjusted his tunic but suddenly darted out of the way as a man on horseback dashed past him in a rage, heading for some sort of clear goal.

"I HOPE YE KNOW THAT THE ROAD IS OVER THERE, YE MINDLESS INGRATE." Dandy shouted furiously, pointing. "JUST BECAUSE YER TALLER THAN OLD DANDY DOESN'T MEAN YE CAN OPPRESS HIM!"

Fuming, he turned back to the task at hand and was suddenly hit with the notion that that "ingrate" had just been heading in the direction of the tracks. Logically, the old dwarf's brain said sophisticatedly, that's got to mean he's looking for the same people Dandy is!

Pleased, Dandy went back into the trees only to reemerge on the back of a dwarven traveling horse.

"Hope ye enjoyed your lunch and break but we gotta get to the company before that arse does." Dandy whispered to the horse pleasantly. "If ye go fast, I promise ye an apple."

As if in response, the horse suddenly took off at a brisk pace, galloping after the horse ahead of them.

----

It took them another day to reach the group but they finally managed. Dandy's horse had gotten sidetracked by an apple orchard and refused to leave without its promised payment. The human had already reached them a short amount of time ago.

He coughed, pleasantly, and pulled the instrument from his back without further ado.

Hail, dear friends, on this wonderful morn,

on th' fields where many horse hooves have worn.

I was told of a quest I'd be coming to join,

and that there'd be a good amount of decent coin,

though Dandy's not greedy, just ensuring fair pay,

for the work he may do in the span of a day.

Dear traveling partners, I say sorry to you,

but I show up here without further ado.

I got a bit lost, that's for sure and for quite,

spent half a day and half of a night,

searching for you all without any respite,

moving by day in the glorious sunlight,

thankfully got here without any fight,

and I hope that my apology is accepted, alright?

I'm efficient at cooking and good with an axe,

it's with bows and such that my skill, it lacks.

I'm great with camaraderie and excellent with dance,

though I doubt there will be any circumstance,

where such skills will be needed, but I'm saying it still,

just in case of the fates changing their godly will.

In short, singing songs be my profession, my pride and love,

a gift given to me by the dwarven gods above.

Should ye ever need to hear of tale, two, or three,

I'd be happy if you sat down for a drink with me.

I hold no grudges against certain races or clans,

I don't hold hatred for men from any land.

My only disgust is when a party begins,

and the barrels have yet to even be brought in.

He replaced the instrument with a flourish, bowing.

"Dandorus Mountainwaker, son of Andius Songcaller and Felice Cauldronlord. Now before you go askin' about me mother's name... but ye didn't so I won't talk about it." he grinned, sitting back to his full height. "But ye can call me Dandy, if you desire, or Mountainwaker is good, or That Dwarf in the Back on the Black Horse with the Fine Taste in Song. I can take variants o' tha'. I ain't picky, ye kin. Though I don't appreciate subtle insults and I love criticisms, cause I can't get better without that, ye kin."

He appraised each of the travelers in turn, his eyes suddenly very scrutinizing - a great change from the joyful glint of before. His red eye seemed penetrating.

Then his smile returned and his face beamed.

"A good looking band o' comrades we got ourselves here, I says indeed." he stated gladly, pleased. "By th' way, of course, I'd like to know yer names as well, though we can wait til later. Who's the leader 'ere? If there isn't a leader, call me Mandy cause I'm your ma-..."

He stopped a minute and frowned.

"Don't call me Mandy cause that's a girl's name and I don't thin' tha' fits well with the image of a hardened leader which is kinda wha' I was goin' for, ye kin."

He turned, confused.

"Enh. It don't matter. Call me what pleases you. I mean, you can call me What Pleases You, if it pleases you, though I thin' that'd get kind of confusin' later on when it comes time to divide treasures and food."

He grinned, obviously aware that he was both hogging the conversation and looking a fool.

"Ah but that's another topic. Who's the current leader here, that's the first thing to handle."

((i was busy for a while with midterms. Whats happened? did you guys reach the village yet?))

"I'm a fine knight and i used to lead an army until i got banished by the unjust court"He said with a clear sign of sadness in his voice. Robin was built to be a warrior,to defeat the darkness in people's heart and defeat the unjust But,he wouldn't be able to do any thing about that court as the people followed its sayings blindly and that if he ever returned he would be killed."Don't consider this as foolishness as i quest to slay the darkness in other people's heart and aid whoever quests for light and justice and you seem like a humble but powerful group as Men,Dwarves and Elves nearly never meet and quest except for light". He noticed some warg and goblin corpses,"Oh and i believe that you already have been a battle that was won"He said with a smile.

Vaughn glanced up at Cuthraed for a brief moment when he mentioned his horse. In answer to his question she simply replied: " that was the first battle I"v had the pleasure of fighting since our journey began." Her attention was brought to the knight who requested to join. She had nothing to say to him.

Larien was beginning to understand why some of her elders said the adventuring would be foolish. The Man had a somewhat noble cause, though she was skeptical of it. She didn't exactly trust him still, and Shala was busy talking to the other Dwarf.

Yet, just as she was about to say something to the Man when another distraction came. Another Dwarf. This time it was a singing one if she could judge by what he was doing. His 'instrument' seemed like an odd choice, but also a practical one. She listened, considering both the Dwarf and the Man. The she-elf returned her attention to the Man for a few seconds. "You're welcome to join our group if you do understand that this won't be anything easy. It's extremely dangerous and taxing task we have." She got a bit closer to him, looking him straight in the eye with an intensity that should worry the Man. "If I catch you trying anything, I do not hesitate to shoot." She warned, noting her bow.

She looked over to Cuthraed and Vaughn for a moment. "Would you two explain to him a bit about our goal?" Without waiting for an answer, Larien stepped away from the Man and made the short distance to the Dwarf that had sung. Dandy. She put the bow away mostly during that short walk.

"I'll take responsibility for now of leader." Larien answered Dandy, looking him over for a moment. "I am Larien Arcamenel, though you may call me Larien." Her horse neighed, bowing its head in the background as she bowed to the Dwarf. "Our group is a bit busy at the moment... another Dwarf had arrived not too long before you or this Man had showed up nearly at the same time." She used her arm to show him which Dwarf and Man had actually been new. "The female Dwarf is Shala and she's currently trying to discern why the other Dwarf had came to our group with weapons drawn."

Larien moved her attention to introduce Cuthraed and Vaughn. "The Man with the spear is known as Cuthraed. The Elf next to him is Vaughn. They're hopefully explaining to this new Man what our purpose of this group is for. He didn't attend the two meetings it seems..." Her words were redirected to the new Dwarf Dandy. "You, I assume, know of the group's purpose? Forgive me if you had attended one of the meetings Master Dandy, my details of those present have recently become rather mixed with these most recent events."

The she-elf had her hands full. New possibly lethal characters were showing up everywhere. What was next? They were missing Hobbits. Perhaps a band of those were next.

"Sadly, lass, I haven't been to any meetings. The only thing I got was a very nicely written letter from an unknown being. Course, being the courageous man I am, I boldly decided to listen to the letter without care fer me own safety."

He adjusted his tunic slowly and settled more comfortably in his saddle.

"If ye have anything important I need to know, I'm all ears." he grinned.

((na82008, they haven’t yet gotten to the village, sorry… On that note, would anyone mind if I brought in a temporary NPC to try to sort of get things rolling in the village?))

Cuthraed nodded to Vaughn’s response, but then yet another person approached, and he couldn’t help but shake his head in bemusement. When Larien asked them to explain the company’s purpose, he dismounted Garulf and gave the Elf a ‘shall we’ look as he approached Robin and said, “Well met, Robin. I have also recently joined this company, thus I, myself, am not entirely certain of our purpose.” He looked at Vaughn with a somewhat apologetic smile. “Vaughn, may I ask you to explain?”

((Tossing you around- nooo.... having someone else explain while an Elf deals with the myriad of newcomers making themselves known seemingly out of the ground itself? Yes. She meant no true disrespect.))

Larien didn't seem quite pleased that this Dwarf hadn't attended a meeting either, though she didn't seem unpleased either. He'd at least gotten the letter. That was a start. She felt bad for not having noticed this Dwarf hadn't come to the meeting but what else was she supposed to really do? Many had come to the meeting it seemed, while really only a few offered in both meetings to come.

"Our purpose for this group overall is to find a certain Ring of Power that was lost to the ages." She watched Dandy's reaction to the blantant explanation of their goal. The she-elf found no reason to go about the explanations multiple times with riddles or excess detail. He'd gotten the letter, and as far as she knew, that letter meant that he was supposed to know about their plan. It was up to him if he chose to join after that simple sentence.

"Aye?" he whispered softly, stroking his beard with interest. "A ring, ye say? Dandy knows.. of MANY rings. Rings of all shapes, sizes,... powers."

His eyes suddenly seemed to become an abyss. For those staring into them, they could see the halls of men, dwarves, and elves, where those of power placed upon their fingers rings of multicolored hues, shapes and materials different depending on the race. Silver, elegant rings on the hands of elven kings and queens. Shining, golden rings on the tough fingers of the dwarven forgemasters. Bronze, earthen rings on the crafting hands of the warlords of men.

Yet, as you continued to watch, the abyss opened up until standing on the crown of an ancient volcano, a lord of darkness surveyed the forging of a new ring, a ring of ancient might suitable for the finger of the dark lord.

His face began to turn around to look at you.

Dandy blinked suddenly, stopping the vision. He acted as if nothing had happened, grinning.

"Aye. Old Dandy knows of MANY rings o' power an' glory." he said, patting his chest happily. "Why, I'm th' leadin' expert on all things legendary and unknown! Every song of men, elves, and dwarves, even hobbits. I know 'em well enough."

((Waltzer, wasn’t meaning to ‘toss’ you as it were, but Cuthraed is also a newcomer to the group and hadn’t yet learned the goal. Thus, he couldn’t explain…sorry ‘bout that.

Thaelasan, Dandy was the ‘yet another person’ that had Cuthraed shaking his head in confusion, but then he was asked to explain to Robin. Meanwhile, I was hoping to hear from Ragathar before posting Shala’s reaction… unsure.gif ))

Though they weren’t talking to him specifically, Cuthraed listened as Larien and Dandy discussed the company’s goal. The more he heard, the more confused he became as he wondered about this ring they sought. He figured that Vaughn must have known what they were talking about, so he looked at Robin to see if he was as confused as he was. Turning back to the others, he asked, “And what, precisely, does this ‘Ring of Power’ do?”

Dandy held up his hand for everyone else to silence themselves before they could respond to the inquisitive Cuthraed. He grinned, pulling out his instrument with a flourish and getting comfortable on the back of the mount.

With a low, smooth bass tone, he began to play.

The Dark Lord of Mordor, legend of the world,

around us his dread, dead fingers curled.

Many heroes fought to claim the right,

of ending his incessant, deadly night.

But avarice is hard to quell,

for it rises back from pits of Hell.

His ideals were cruel domination,

and they doomed all civilization.

He saw the men with their magic bands,

and desired it to be in his own hands.

With dreaded crafting, he forged a seal,

a ring made purely to corrupt, not heal.

The darkest hellfires he could create,

forging a ring that could change all fate.

Only his finger could make it awaken,

but by it all the rings were taken.

The strongest of them all he held,

but it is said, the legends tell,

that he lost the ring in a great combat,

and now no one knows where it's at.

But should the ring return to him,

the future of us all looks grim.

The power he could possess,

would break us all under its duress.

The Ring of Power is a damned thing,

purely for the corruption it would bring.

Fear the song of the golden band,

worn upon the finger of blackened hand.

He placed the instrument back on his back slowly, his eyes closed. It seemed he was possessed for a moment. Then, his eyes opened and the gleam within them shone once more.

"Aye, I feel the ancestors applaudin'." he grinned pleasantly.

Edited by Thaelasan

As Dandy started to sing, Cuthraed listened with rapt attention. He had heard tales of the Lord of Mordor being defeated in battle long ago, but this business of rings was new to him. When the Dwarf had finished his song, Cuthraed found himself at a loss for words, and all he could think to say was, “I see…”

When the new Dwarf had approached singing, Shala had smiled warmly at him for he had reminded her of someone but she couldn’t quite place who. Judging on appearances, this Dandy looked to be a capable warrior and it was also clear to her that with his skill with song as well, he’d be a most welcome addition to their company. However, when Dandy then started to sing of the Ring of Power, Shala couldn’t keep a shiver from running down her spine as she automatically moved closer to Dandy.

She wasn’t intending to be rude to the other, still unknown Dwarf, but as the older Dwarf wove his tale, she could see in her mind’s eye the devastation that would be wrought if the cursed ring were to fall into the wrong hands. When the singing had stopped, Shala was silently lost in her thoughts for a moment but was shaken out of them when Dandy spoke. Feeling almost guilty about breaking the stillness that his song had created, Shala respectfully asked, “Do the old tales advise what we should do once we find this Ring?” She knew that the first step would be to find it, but it wouldn’t hurt to have some idea of what they should do with it afterwards.

"There are many... ah.. theories, good lass." the Dwarf winked slyly, pulling from his satchel an old notebook. "Apologies, I may be a bit good at rememberin' certain things, but sometimes I cannae help but reach for my notes. Lessee here..."

He flipped through it, frowning. If anyone would have cared to notice, they would see the pages were blank and the Dwarf was just trying to buy time. Thankfully, it seemed to only add to his eccentric aura.

"Ah. I remember now - er I mean, I found it." he quickly amended, embarrassed as he put the book back. "One theory says ye should take the ring and shove it up the arse of a hellfire ogre. I don't quite think th' merit o' that theory is good and I kin hellfire ogres are a myth anysuchaway."

He grunted.

"Out o' all the tales and myths, th' one that's MOST accepted is somethin' about a volcano in Mordor. I remember hearin' that it was doomed... Mountain o' Doom? Mountain Doom?" he stroked his beard. "That'd be a damn good name fer a drink."

If the cosmos could have sensed how correct the dwarf was, even though the name was only similar, it probably would have been astounded. In fact, perhaps somewhere, somehow, a man drinking the great, green soda itself would suddenly begin to chuckle.

"OH! Mount Doom. That's right, where it was forged." he grinned pleasantly. "Ye need to take the ring and have a good throwin' arm cuz otherwise yer gonna have to trek pleasantly all the way through the great damned land known as Mordor, through the desolated wastes, across amazingly dangerous terrain while probably fightin' around a hundred or so of the Dark Lord's favorite and strongest minions - did I mention that they would all be equipped with cursed weaponry? - in an attempt to survive, ALL th' way to th' top o' a corrupted, dark, fiery, molten, evil ass mountain so ye can chuck it in yerself. Oh, and then ye gotta walk back out again, o'course."

He grinned, then suddenly looked crestfallen.

"Wait. I don't think I like where this is goin'. Please tell me that this dwarf lass or that man over there... SOMEBODY'S GOT A THROWIN' ARM WORTH SINGIN' OF?!" he asked, concerned.

((I didn't disappear... just was under stress. I'm back for a few days before i go on a trip though))

Larien noticed Shala's reactions to Dandy, wondering silently to herself if something perhaps was 'there' between them. She wasn't about to interfere with the matter, as it wasn't her business to be had in and she wasn't versed in Dwarven Courtship practices. It was something to consider for later though when her mind wandered and needed something to keep it occupied. She had hoped this journey would enlighten her wordly knowledge, and what better to witness some customs among Dwarven companions if such an instance should hit off.

Dandy's singing relived the memories that the she-elf knew of about that doomed Ring. The tales she had read and various voices told of matched his song when stacked together. All were useful though. It was plain to understand that this One Ring was a danger to them all and needed to be found. Yet the she-elf couldn't help but have a pang of worry. If it was meant to be the controller of all Rings, how could any of them hope to circumvent that? It easily would take them over as well.

"SOMEBODY'S GOT A THROWIN' ARM WOTH SINGIN' OF?!"

Dandy's shouting question jolted Larien's thoughts. She blinked once, slowly, which may have seemed odd to anyone watching her. She knew her answer though. "I may be an elf, but alas, my throwing skills are nothing remarkable among our standards." She answered truthfully. Being Elvish or not, her throwing skills were probably better than a Man's- though she never tested this-, yet it was nothing that could throw a ring into a volcano across a land. She doubted her marksmanship skills to even shoot it as far as Dandy had requested.

"You speak of a ring that would doom world and that it was long forgotten"Said robin. "How are we supposed to find it"He said turning to the she-elf. He blanked out for a second as if he dived into another world, he saw the corpses of many men lying on the ground and a man that seemed like a warrior but he was really old,he spoke of the 'mentioned ring' and that if it fell in the wrong hands or the 'rightful hand' the world would fall to doom and chaos. Robin woke up from the vision and his face was full of mixed feelings of sadness and fright."I-I had a vision,an awful one,Robin described what he saw in the vision to everyone.

(( He's so close to being a great roleplayer... ))

Dandy frowned after listening to the two of them.

"Baaaaah!" he waved his hand dismissively. "Don't put yerself down too much lass. I guess I'm a wee bit frightened. But I'll travel with you anyway, long as this er..." he motioned to the she-dwarf, "lovely lady is also comin' along."

When Robin suddenly seemed out of it, Dandy poked the back of his head curiously. When Robin suddenly woke up, Dandy pulled his hand back quickly.

"A vision? Eh?" Dandorus scratched the back of his head. "The rightful one? Well dammit which one is it?!"

He thought for a long moment, and then his eyes lit up.

"OH! If it falls into the WRONG hands, like if it fell into, say, th' hands o' a human with the wrong desires, or if it falls into th' RIGHTFUL hands of its original owner Sau-.." he almost said the name.

"I mean, the dark lord." he amended, afraid.

Edited by Thaelasan

Cuthraed’s eyes widened as Dandy spoke, and he could only shake his head at the Dwarf’s question as Larien responded. As he continued listening to the others, he got a deep sense of foreboding. He may not know of this Ring, but he’d heard tales of Mordor and was nowhere near eager to go there. However, he had set out to prove not only his worth, but the worth of the Men of the Mark, and he darned sure wasn’t going to slink away at the first true test of his mettle. “Well then,” he said with resolve, “if destroying this ring is what needs must be done, then it would appear that we have quite the trek ahead of us.”

Shala listened in silence as the others spoke, though she did raise a brow in a bit of surprise when Dandy mentioned her traveling with them as well. She had rather expected him to object to her going into such danger, and was about to ask him about it. Before she could however, Dandy started to poke Robin in the head, and her surprise turned to confusion. Tucking that question away for another time, she once again listened when the talk then turned to Robin’s vision, she resolved to do all that she could to keep the Ring out of any dangerous hands; rightful or wrong.

However, Cuthraed’s mention of the trek brought to mind another issue and she nodded her head as she said, “Agreed lad, but we also have another immediate concern… With our little company growing the way it is, we are going to need more provisions” she looked around to the others, “which makes all the more reason for us to be heading to this village Cuthraed had mentioned.”