chicbecause

Middle Earth

((I'm fine with that))

Larien watched Dandy start heading upstair, making to follow, when Shala spoke. Was she thinking on planning a fight? She looked to Cuthread and at Dandy for an explanation about this. Or more so for a cue of a fight actually going to start.

Even in her travels, the she-elf did not have much contact with Dwarves. She did understand basic cues of the emotions and some of the customs common among Dwarves with other races. But occasionally even those got fuzzy with Dwarves. They were hard to read to her depending on who it was.

So far she didn't have any problem. Except now. Now she was unsure if a fight really was underway and thought, only for a moment, that she should intervene by saying something. But she knew that could offend a Dwarf even more. So she stayed quiet. Ready for whatever came.

(( To me, Dwarves have always been a purely honorable and noble race, valuing craftsmanship of both character and material over bonding other ways. Because they lived under the mountain, they survived using strength and knowledge. Earning their favor always required honor.

But they're brash, headstrong young men and women, desiring war when it comes to it because they know - in the end - their patience is one of the highest, and they can win when it comes to tactical advantages. They've been known to dig through mountains to cause avalanches and flanking maneuvers. One reason elves and dwarves don't directly fight (and normally don't get along) is because the Elves don't want their forests ruined in the fights due to the dwarves' bold natures, and the Dwarves think of elves as "posh and weak," especially because of their affinity for magic and archery.

However, friendships between Elves and Dwarves never die. They're both too proud to be the one to end it, and they both realize how skilled the other is. Their constant rivalry keeps them bonded like brothers and their long lifespans make their friendships legends.

Just little tidbits of information. Start the fight if you want. :3 ))

((After the Warg/Goblin battle Robin somewhat participated in, and after accepting Dandy into the group while Robin was there... everyone rode off to an unspecified village. We're in the Inn now, getting drinks and whatnot, after each having somewhat explored the village for various purposes.... mostly get seek out where to get supplies in the morning.

Two hobbits came along with after finding us there as well.

Currently we're almost getting into a bar fight after someone threw a mug into the table from behind where Larien was sitting.))

Cuthread breathed a quiet sigh of relief when Dandy decided to be reasonable, but then tensed again when he heard Shala muttering. Though she’d spoken too quietly for him to hear what she said, he was fairly certain that it wasn’t anything good. When Larien looked to him, he could only give a slight shrug to show his uncertainty but then his expression turned to a grimace as Shala got up. This will not end well, he thought.

Shala stood abruptly, went over to the other table, and tapped the Man on the shoulder as she said, “I believe you owe the lady an apology.”

Everyone at the table laughed as the man she’d spoken to stood to what would have been an intimidating height if Dwarves were ones to be intimidated by such things. “And who is going to make me apologize, Master Dwarf,” he sneered, “y-“

Shala had glared at the man when he started to talk but the disrespect in his tone, and the fact that he referred to her as a male, was the final prod. Before the man could finish his sentence, Shala punched him in the stomach which caused him to double over toward her so she then punched him in the eye. With their companion dazed and groaning on the floor, the rest of the men at the table jumped to their feet as they muttered about how ‘he’ wouldn’t get away with doing that, and how they were going to get ‘him’. Glaring at the men, Shala smirked as she faced them unarmed. She knew that it was their drink talking, so she didn’t want to inflict lasting harm on them…but she was certainly looking forward to teaching them some manners.

[ This is the RP I've been looking for >_<. Hello everyone, I'm barely five minutes old in this forum and I LOVE the 'Lord Of The Rings' series. So I saw that the elves are all taken but,I was wondering if one more elf would fit in... If that's the case then that would be great. However, for now I'll be working on a dwarf character, I just wanted to have a silent assassin type of character smile.gif ]

--------------------------------------

[Edit #1 I made my Dwarf sheet, here ye go

User: SilentBaws

Name: Trippy Manestripes

Race: Dwarf

Apperance: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dwarf-lord-264190433

Skill Set: Hand to hand combat, close combat, bit of archery, tracking and smithing.

Other: N/A

Oh, and Thaelasan can Trippy and Dandy be old friends >_< ]

Edited by SilentBaws

((Don't worry if we don't respond instantly smile.gif We're all kinda busy with RL from time to time. But around. Definitely around and posting.

I'll have to run through the RP and see who's elf characters are whose.... and if we have duplicates (meaning, say, I have two elves) and see if we can fit you in smile.gif

You Dwarf sheet though, I say it's alright. We'll have to wait n see if Star and Thael also say so for you to be completely accepted smile.gif ))

((Not to worry SilentBaws, we're too stubborn around here to let it die wink.gif. I also think your sheet looks good. Of course the Trippy and Dandy being old friends part is up to Thael.))

When Shala struck the man, Cuthraed gave an almost sympathetic wince only because he knew precisely how badly those blows hurt. As the men at the other table started to stand, he knew what was about to happen and he looked to the Hobbits in concern. Not wanting the small people to be accidently crushed, he motioned for them to go over to the wall as he quietly said, “You two will want to move…now!”

((Hmm…not sure where everyone else is at the moment, but if you’d like SilentBaws, you can say that Trippy entered the inn just as Shala struck the man, or just as the rest of the men were standing. It could well be that seeing a Dwarf-maid facing a group of angry Men seemingly alone would be the only thing Trippy notices and he might rush to her aid without realizing that there’s another Dwarf (presumably?) doing the same… That way you can bring Trippy in now and then when Thael comes back he can answer your request. Just a thought.))

(( DON'T WORRY DANDY IS HERE. ))

Dandy immediately leapt onto the table, ready to battle using his fists rather than his axe. He grabbed a tankard from nearby and hurled it expertly at a man's face, knocking him unconscious.

"Yer facin' a dwarf who's been in 147 bar brawls over the course o' his many years. I hope ye know what yer dealin' with." Dandy grunted, turning. "Who's first?!"

(( Also, Dandy is a friend to all, so I wouldn't doubt he'd be old friends with NUMEROUS Dwarves from all over.

Also, for five minutes on a forum, your literary skills are phenomenal. Even for a man of medium literary expertise, they'd be great. The only mistake you made was "appearance" being mispelled. ))

Trippy woke up as a fight started in the lower floor, the inn was a two floored building, and Trippy had rented a room on the upper floor for a couple of days. "GOD, another fight, I thought that grumpy guy was gone, I guess not" Trippy mumbled as he made his way to the lower floor. Trippy scanned the situation, and from what he gathered, there were two dwarves fighting a band of men. "Oye, It's that grumpy guy" Trippy yelled as he launched himself onto the man knocking him down. He was then able to take a better look at one of the dwarves. "DANDY, MY OLD FRIEND DANDY." Trippy yelled as he caught a bottle from mid-air and smashed it onto one of the men.

[Thanks, YOU DA REAL MVP >_< ]

"WOT." Dandy turned, shocked. Then his face immediately brightened up, pleased.

"By the gods, Trippy you old scallywag! I thought ye'd quit adventurin' long ago! What in blazes are ye doin' all the way out 'ere?!"

(( By the way, something I tell EVERY new roleplayer - because it's always a problem and I like to root it out before it continues.

When beginning a new conversation or new idea, always begin a new paragraph. When a new character talks or when it's another moment in time - new paragraph.

For example.

"He's dead." James said, gun held loosely in shaking hands. "I... finally killed him."

"My god." Summer covered her face with her hands, struggling to stand. "My... my god..."

"But this is for the best, isn't it?" James said, turning to her, eyes wide. "This... this is what needed to happen!"

The body in front of them did not answer but both of them felt contempt from it and a small smile...

The smile of a very big victory, a final victory, over the pair of heroes.

By the way I just made that up as an example. ))

When the fighting started in earnest, Cuthraed was actually quite torn over whether or not he should get involved. On the one hand, Shala and Dandy were his companions and as such, he was honor bound to aid and defend them. On the other hand, Rohan had always had good relations with this village and if one of her sons was seen to help destroy the inn, those relations would become rather strained.

Knowing that he couldn’t risk jeopardizing the reputation of The Mark, he settled on trying to minimize the damage done while aiding his companions by encouraging those not involved in the fighting to stay not involved; a task made all the more difficult with the addition of a third Dwarf. Wondering who this new Dwarf was, he managed to catch a mug that was haphazardly thrown and he set it down on the bar as he apologized to the innkeeper. He then found himself looking toward Larien and wishing that her Elven wisdom would be able to quell the fight. Sadly, he knew that it was a fruitless hope…

---

When she had approached the Men – and essentially started the brawl, Shala had actually not given any thought to whether or not any of her companions would be joining in and so was slightly surprised when Dandy did join in. Of course, she kept her surprise completely concealed as she looked to Dandy with an appreciative smile and absently elbowed a rushing man in the gut. Turning her attention back to the now winded man, she swung around to strike him across his back which dropped him to the floor.

She was holding her own well enough but when she heard someone calling to Dandy and Dandy’s response to him, she was surprised into distraction and she looked to them in confusion for a moment. However, she quickly realized her error and turned back just in time to receive a punch to the face. Fortunately, Dwarves are sturdy and drunken Men tend to be not as strong as normal, so the blow had no more effect than to cause her to turn her head. Sure it stung a little, but she’d dealt with far worse. Looking back to the man with a dangerous glare, her voice dripped with disdain as she asked, “Is this how you treat your women-folk?” She then reached up to pull him down by the collar and gave him a light head-butt; she didn’t want to crush his skull after all.

Though the question clearly startled some of the nearest men – some to the point of faltering – Shala refused to give any quarter. These Men were going to learn some manners if she had to beat them into every one of them.

((i'm really sorry, i forgot about this RP. I would try to make a post, but i need to go to sleep because i'm waking up early tomorrow and i'm not going to be able to be on the internet for like a week (going on vacation), Sorry))

Larien stood motionless, watching the fight unfold as Shala threw a punch. She knew it hurt, doubly at that. Soon it didn't take long for the other Dwarf to rush to her aid. And another? Another Dwarf. Just what they didn't need. At least not right now.

The she-elf acknowledged Cuthraed's look, understanding he would like her to try to stop this. But she knew it had likely already gone too far. That didn't mean she wouldn't try to stop it. Or at least stop more damage from happening if it had to just be a vocal fight.

"May we not get ahead of ourselves here?" The elf stepped closer, refusing to go completely into the middle of something that wasn't her exactly her fight anymore. Granted they had thrown the glass her direction. She didn't expect the fighting to completely stop. But she did expect them to somewhat listen. Even drunk.

((I've been very very very busy...))

(( Ehh, Hi everyone. I've returned with a new account after 3 years... So i'd like to get in on this smile.gif. Without further ado, My character sheet:

User- PenguinOfPwn

Name- Vorn Klorduum

Age- 124

Gender- Male

Race- Dwarf

Appearance- A slightly taller than average Dwarf with dark blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. Strong, firm features. Faint scars scattered across his face and upper body. Fairly built, with thick muscular arms and legs like tree trunks. Wears common clothing under thick, hard leather armor. Carries a light crossbow on his back,and a large, wide bandit knife with a razor sharp blade at his side. Carries a sack wherever he goes, keeping what he earns or steals in it.

Skill set- Strong, great hand-to-hand fighter, a good pickpocket, very sneaky and persuasive. A rogue skill-set. Clever and intelligent. Doesn't like heavy weapons and likes to keep his whole loadout very light and minimal.

Other- He's a sort of highwayman, a good thief and a good liar. Likes to involve himself in any escapades with profit. Participated in many underground (No pun intended) fight clubs, which is the reason for both his scars and his hand-to-hand expertise.

Alright that's it! Remember, this is my first character sheet in 3 years, so please be gentle. ))

Edited by Peelzies

((Well, in the hopes that you’re interested Peelzies, and that others of us are still here, I think your sheet looks good.))

Though some of the Men Shala was fighting bowed out when she made them aware of the fact that she was a woman, not all of them did. Of course, that could have possibly been attributed to the fact that Dandy and this new Dwarf were also fighting, but she didn’t mind all that much. Back in Edoras, the brawl had ended when she made them aware of the fact that she was a woman, and that had been after starting with the stomach/eye combination on just one Man; Cuthread. This brawl was a different matter and she was almost beginning to have fun… Well at least until Larien spoke.

Looking to the Elf, Shala managed for brief a moment to look like a youngster caught doing something she shouldn’t be doing as she pointed to the Men and said, “They started it.” She then gave a resigned sigh as she said, “Very well…” At that point another man was rushing at her so she gave him a slightly lighter punch in his gut and when he doubled over, she hooked her arm over his head and, making sure that he could breath, basically drug him by the neck over to Larien. “What do you say to the lady for throwing a mug at her?” If the man apologized, she’d be willing to let the brawl die but if he didn’t, then she’d continue until there were no more fighters left standing.

---

Since he’d been quickly taken out of the fight when he faced against Shala, Cuthread had no memory of how that brawl ended, but he was relieved when Shala seemed at least willing to be reasonable. Of course, he wasn’t going to relax until all three Dwarves calmed down, but at least it was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, as Shala brought a man to face Larien, he couldn’t recall if the man she was holding by the head was from the table that had thrown the mug and it could be a problem if he wasn’t. Hoping that the man would fully realize the severity of his position, Cuthread found himself muttering under his breath, “Just apologize.”

((I too think the sheet looks good smile.gif I've just moved in to my dorm for college however so I won't be on for a few weeks probably to get settled settled ...))

Dandy felt nothing but sheer ecstasy in the middle of the battle. He was slightly saddened when Shala offered the men a way out.

"Aye, I suppose peace should be restored 'ere." Dandy dropped a bottle he had been wielding, sighing. "What do ye say, lad? Sorry or sortie?"

((I haven't forgotten about this, I promise. Just been insanely busy...))

Larien watched cooly as Shala dragged the man over to her. He seemed scared out of his wits to her, which she found funny but understandable given the situation. Humans looked very amusing when they were frightened.

With Shala releasing him, the man stayed on the ground and dared not move. He stayed silent too, even as Larien approached him with an arrow out of her quiver. It didn't seem as threatening as if she had drawn the sword at her side, or truly knocked an arrow into her bow. The man looked up, scared but visibly still unsure what exactly was wanted of him.

The she-elf knelt to his level, the arrow pointing to him though not in the most threatening way it could. "Do you apologize?" She asked quietly, only loud enough for him to hear her. She looked into his eyes just as cool and calm as before, waiting for an apology or Shala to start beating him again. She'd have to stop that.

((Sorry for short post... in a hurry :/ been in a hurry a lot lately)

After depositing the man in front of Larien, Shala waited to see what his choice would be. “I did not-“ the man started but then stopped when Shala clenched her fists. After glancing around the room - pausing on the Dwarves - the man cleared his throat as he looked back to Larien and said, “I apologize for the mug that was thrown at you.”

It wasn’t quite the apology that Shala expected or preferred, but then the apology wasn’t to her. Looking to Larien, she gave the Elf a questioning look to ask if the apology was acceptable. Part of her hoped it wasn’t…