Fortune86

CLOSED

His hands did a small sphere and let a small ball of ice form within. It spun slowly and shined mysteriously.

((No powers can be used outside of the arena. Either delete this sentence or edit please.

And how does he know about the Sorceress? She hasn't been mentioned in the RP yet.))

Edited by Fortune86

"I see. How long did it take you to figure out how to get by without sight?" At least being able to talk to someone new was nice about being abducted by Zygard. Holly tried to imagine being born blind and never having the ability to see. I'd be walking around in darkness forever. Even if I had sight only to lose it, that would still be better than being blind as a bat. At least she can hear. Oh, and she hadn't introduced herself. Where were her manners? "Oh, and my name's Holly. What's yours?" She had a friendly smile on her face, though Lydia couldn't see it. She thought about giving a physical description of herself, but how was someone who never saw anything in her life going to be able to visualize things? Would she even know what colors were?!

Edited by Durppie

" It takes a few years to adjust to being blind. Mostly understanding how to get around was the hardest part. Though once you get that down everything else is pretty much a breeze." She says chuckling smiling at Holly. "The names Lydia. Nice to meet you Holly." She states holding her hand out to Holly.

For the sake of Eli's dignity...or at least the little he had left...Evangelina laughed inwardly as Eli ran away. Adromeda amused the "immortal" demigod, she was a strange creature indeed. Eli was scared and embarrassed, but at least he had his mind of Zygard. As the others talked to each other, Eva watched Eli as he disappeared down the corridor. Evangelina gave him a few minutes before heading down the hall.

She was quiet as she walked behind the boy.

"Eli?"

((Falling asleep. Night. ))

Kanya gave a little glare at Jack when he asked why he should apologize. To her it would have been the nicest thing to do. Her attention was drawn way from the others back to Eli who seemed to go red in the face. Kanya couldn’t understand why, it was just a hug. Maybe it felt awkward to him to be hugged with so many people watching.

She would have been happy if she got a hug, even just a pat on the back. The people at the monastery never showed much affection to her, well only the older nuns who raised but the rest kept their distance from the young girl. She could never understand why. In silence Kanya leaned against the wall looking at her feet lost in her own thoughts.

Andromeda watched and blinked as Eli left in a hurry. She sighs quietly and shakes her head. Now I've gone and frightened the poor boy, not exactly the effect I was looking for. She makes the motions to rise from her seat before she notices the demi-goddess leaving to ensure he was alright. It's probably best if I wasn't the first to go anyhow. She shifted back into her chair, resolving to walk out in a few minutes if they hadn't returned. She was also confident in Evangelina's ability to help him, already seeing the results from beforehand. Eli was in good hands.

Her attention turned towards the center of the room where she overheard a conversation between the blind Lydia and the one named Holly. It was intriguing to her that Zygard would opt to bring one who was blind into the arena, but she must've impressed him enough to earn her place here. She smiled silently at the pair.

Then she noticed Kanya by herself, leaning against the wall. She blinked curiously, noticing just how lonely the young girl looked. She sighs again and gets up, silently moving over until she is standing at comfortable speaking distance from the young girl. "Are you alright, Kanya? You seem to be distressed."

Edited by Rarek

Eli had forgotten that some people had already wandered down the corridor to check out their cells, so when someone spoke to him he nearly jumped out of his skin. He spun around and flattened himself across the arena doors, his heart pounding. He calmed down a little when he saw it was the girl with black wavy hair from before and cursed himself for his edginess. He really needed to compose himself.

"I'm alright" he managed. "I'm just a bit jumpy at the moment."

He must have worried Evangelina some more, as the demi-goddess was walking down the corridor towards him.

"Eli?"

Knowing she had come to check up on him Eli blushed again and ran a nervous hand through his hair.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm just having a little trouble wrapping my head around this."

“Oh, I… I’m fine.” Kanya replied when she heard someone talking to her. It was Andromeda who seemed to notice that her mind was drifting. “I’m… I’m just a bit scared of fighting but maybe if we get over with it then… then maybe we can go home?”

Kanya’s mind when into another drift when she spoke the word home, a flash back of a memory appeared. A memory that she had forgotten even thou it only happened a few days ago. She slightly shivered remembering the cries of the monks and nuns when the flames engulfed them. With no home where would she go anyway.

“We better get moving I guess.” She mumbled looking down at her feet again.

Andromeda looked confused by this statement. Moving where? she thought to herself. There wasn't exactly too many places they COULD go. Better to wait in the common room and wait for August or some other henchman to show up to bring them to the inevitable brawl.

She shook her head gently and indicated to a chair nearby to sit down. "You should spend the rest of the remaining time saving your energy, rather than spending it looking for some non-existent objective. There really isn't much to do here." She chuckles. "Unless of course you want to see your cell, but that's much worse than this anyway." A lighthearted smile crossed her face. She really shouldn't be making friends with everybody, she might have to kill them knowing Zygard. She felt compelled to help Kanya though, she had just seemed more alone than one person should. And allies were good, right?

Her smile was still on her face when she sat down next to her and offered her hand for something to hold onto. Kanya seemed nice enough. Couldn't hurt.

Alia blinked a bit. He was acting like a frightened animal. But then he calmed down when he saw her; perhaps he'd thought her a ghost or some sort of disembodied voice. Nodding, she puffed out her cheeks and flopped back down on the bed. How much longer were they going to wait?

“Doing stuff will make me forget about other stuff.” Kanya spoke, feeling her stomach turn with guilt. She can’t completely remember why but all those people died because of her. Her black flames killed them in an instant.

Kanya’s gaze turned to Andromeda’s hand as she offered it. They young girl struggled with the decision on whether to hold her hand or not. In the end Kanya rested her smaller hand on Andromeda’s hand hoping that everything will turn out okey.

She gave Kanya's hand a light reassuring squeeze. "Everything will turn out just fine, you'll see." Andromeda gently patted the top of Kanya's hand with her free one. "I know one thing. For those with a good heart and a strong will, good will manage to find them, no matter how powerfully bad the accidental. I can see you're good at heart Kanya, because you feel something that villains do not." She touched her heart while keeping eye contact. "Remorse. Whatever it happened to be, it's not your fault."

Jack was sitting upon an old chair, his legs stretched out, hands slowly swinging by his sides and his head tilted backwards as he looked up at the ceiling. At that moment in time he looked lifeless as he was engrossed in his own thoughts; reminiscing in his life prior to 'farm life'

Unlike some of the others who were concerned about this apparent duel; he was completely calm. Back in his world, he was an unwilling minion to one of the more feared criminals and therefore he was no stranger to such fights. his excursions with his former master often falling on the wrong side of the law , not to mention prior to becoming what he is now he had been a frequent participator in the underground fights that took place in the seedy part of the city.

Even though he has been freed from his masters control for the last 6 years, he still retained his instincts and the behavior of a criminal, that side of him wouldn't change.. not after all he has been through as a minion. It was part of his nature now.

The edge of jack's lips turned into a small grin. He had experience and that gave him an advantage.

Edited by TotallyDrow

The girl in the cell nodded and laid back on her bed, perhaps out of exhaustion or boredom. Eli gave Evangelina an apologetic smile for his behaviour, but his attention was pulled away by a noise behind him. The arena doors were opening.

Eli turned to look and watched as the double doors slowly swung open, revealing the expanse beyond. It was a vast area, walled by the same grey stone of the common room and cells. Just above the twenty metre high walls was some kind of dome of light, flickering on the very edge of sight.

While it looked somewhat pretty, the dome gave Eli a bad feeling. He didn't want to think what would happen should he attept to pass through it.

The floor of the arena was just sandy earth. Nothing special in particular. Eli guessed that a clear view of the fight was wanted by the spectators. There were three of them.

On the opposite side of the doors leading to the cells there was a tower just outside the glimmering down. Even from here Eli could make out the figures in the box. One was August, standing on the right. He had his hands folded behind his back. The figure on the left was a woman, eldery but graceful. She was seated on the left and had her hands on her lap.

The figure sat in the middle was the most striking one of all. A dark haired man clothed in bright red. A fearsome mask covered half of their face, but it did nothing to dampen the penetrating stare. Eli felt the dark eyes on him and looked away quickly.

This was it then. The battle was about to begin.

Edited by Fortune86

Luc slowly raised his head up, from where he was sat against the wall he had a clear view down the corridor where the cells were and therefore witnessed the opening of the doors to the arena. His heart rate begin to increase gradually, it was about to begin. He reached into his pocket for the MP3, pulling it out and swapping the playlist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack turned his head slightly, for one reason or another the atmosphere in the room was gradually changing. As he looked around the room, his eyes fell upon the boy with the music, his focus fixed solely down the corridor to the cells. Intrigued, Jack pushed back against his chair so that it was now tilting on its two hind legs and turned his head to look down the corridor.

"Well.. things are getting interesting now.." he thought to himself, that grin he wore earlier turning ever more sinister but then quickly disappearing behind an expression of blissful naivety. "Are we being released?" he asked out loud, turning to look at the other captives.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Alia noticed the motion, and sat up. The doors. They were opening. May as well not deny it. She got up, appreciating the feeling of not wearing heels. They were uncomfortable, although they were their only shoes. Walking forward, she stood next to Eli and the girl whose name she had not heard yet; there was safety in numbers, even if she might have to fight these two. Looking ahead, she could kind of make out three figures. Stepping forward, one foot went onto the sand. Immediately, her hearing returned. It was a relief to her, and so was the sudden feeling of elasticity of her joints, and the feeling of balance and poise. Yet... She was wearing a dress. Glancing down, she huffed. That would be a problem if she really needed to turn some gymnastic moves.

Edited by Chicogal

Andromeda jumped as the doors began to swing open, revealing the arena beyond. Her calm which she had worked so hard to keep evaporated in an instant, her heart beating a million miles a minute. It's too soon, I haven't gotten my energy back yet. Her eyes were wide and she looked just as frightened as when she woke up.

She quietly padded across the cold stone towards the opening that was the arena. She gave a brief look at Evangelina and Eli as she passed by, quivering slightly before her feet touched the warm sand of the arena. Instantaneously, she felt a surge of energy rush through her, a gasp escaping her lips as her eyes burst into light all on their own. Solid white and surging with pure energy.

Andromeda quickly shut her eyes and got her powers under control. She was thankful that she hadn't used her energy manipulation just yet, giving away what she was capable of. Breathing evenly, she moves out further into the sand before looking back at the entrance. She saw Evangelina and Eli standing just where they were left, and she looked at them almost expectantly. She hoped that they would still be friendly to her, she knew that any allies now would be pivotal.

Holly got up, putting her book back into her bag with her other things and crushed cellphone. She strode over to where Lydia was and shook the girl's hand. Her skin felt warm and pleasant to touch. It wasn't warmer or colder than usual, so this girl probably didn't have powers over fire or ice. But since body temperature was an uncertain indicator at best and the bracelets suppressed powers, Holly had no idea. Hopefully she wouldn't have to fight or kill this girl. Or anyone.

Perhaps they could team up? With a startled cry, she realized that thirty minutes was up. Was that a bunch of giant doors opening? "Oh god, its starting..."

Lydia smiled when Holly shook her hand knowing that she at least made the trust of at least one person in the group. She hears the gratting of large doors opening down the hall and turns her head in that direction. "Seems that way." She says then nods in Holly's general direction. "Might as well head out and meet this head on." She says clicking and walking down the hall avoiding the chairs and table stumbling s few times until she is standing next to Eli and Eva. "Wonder what they want us to do?" She asks out loud tilting her head slightly.

Picking himself up, Luc walked towards the arena. His hands buried in his pockets as he made the seemingly long walk towards the arena.

Stepping out into the large open space he could instinctively tell that if he willed, his abilities would work. The music in his headphones started to sound that much better now that he could rely on his own abilities.

Jack stood a bit further back in the hallway, he could see the open space before him, an enclosed arena like stage. He couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia as he remembered the first time he entered the underground ring.

Evangelina nodded in response to what he said, "I noticed. You know the girl was just being nice." she said with a small smile. She was serious enough, there was no mock or anything like that in her tone. She had noticed him blush, everyone had.

"Don't worry too much paidí(kid), everything will work out."

It was then that the sound of the doors filled the entire complex. Eva turned and looked toward the end of the corridor. Her gaze surveyed the area inside, the construct had a beauty to it but the unease with in her suggested differently. A few seconds later, her attention fell to the box. The man from earlier was there, as well as a woman, but they seemed to be nothing compared to the one in the middle.

"He hasn't changed a bit." she said with a chuckle. She met his gaze for a second, before letting her eyes flicker away. A few others had gathered behind her.

"Shall we?" the woman asked, gesturing for them to follow as she took a step toward the areana.

((Fortune, what does the arena look like? And what is it made out of? Are there any precious metals or such?))

Kanya watched as Andromeda shot up. The doors had opened and the air grew tense once again. Kanya slowly stood up and started to walk down the corridor. She looked at the cells as she passed then keeping an eye out for which might be hers. She stopped in front of the cell numbered three, the same number that appears on her bracelet. Nervous Kanya continued her walk to the arena but paused before the door to afraid to enter.

Holly was worried when the girl stumbled, but the worry abated. Lydia could handle walking through a room without help. The redhead walked over to her bag, placed the strap on her shoulder, and followed. On the way to the arena, she might as well toss her stuff in her cell before anything else happened to it. Being a prisoner of a bloodthirsty vampire war criminal in a probably dank cell without anything to keep her mind busy would be nigh unbearable. "They mentioned fighting. It's pretty obvious what he wants us to do, but I'm sure he wouldn't go through all of this trouble for 'research' just to kill us all. Getting a new batch of metahumans would take a lot of time, energy and money." She kept her tone calm. No need to cause a giant panic.

Turning to Lydia, she whispered in the girl's ear. "I'll protect you as best I can, alright?"

((I'm going to be creating features about the arena in my final paragraphs. I can remove them if necessary))

Andromeda looked down at her hands. It was faintly viewable against the light backdrop of the sand under her, but her restlessness and fright were causing electricity to spark in arcs around her hands. It made a crackling sound barely audible to her, and the sparks themselves were very thin, such that it made it difficult to notice if one was not paying close attention to it. Easy now Andromeda, don't make a scene. They don't need to know what you can do until they have to.

Andromeda saw Lydia stumble and Holly rush to help her. She winced slightly. Just walk out onto the sand Lydia...it'll be so much better for you. Then she clapped a hand over her mouth, as though she had said it out loud. She might as well have, since one of her powers included telepathy. She had forgotten to keep a hold on it and had projected that thought to Lydia directly. She sighed softly, it wasn't as though it were bad advice. She secretly promised herself to keep an eye out for Holly and Lydia, and would try to avoid hurting them as best she could.

This time, Andromeda projected her thoughts with a purpose. She discovered the minds of Eli and Evangelina and opened a channel to the pair simultaneously. It would sound to the both of them as though Andromeda were truly speaking to them, but inside their head instead. I hope I can count on you two for help, I know that allies will be stronger than individuals, it will help us from being bashed around more than we have to. It wasn't an elegant request, but it would have to do.

And finally she blinked, noticing a smaller figure huddling back in the shadows of the entrance. She finally recognized her as Kanya and a small pitying smile spread on her face. She walked back towards the entrance and just as she was about to cross the threshold, she was bounced backwards. Shoot, a one way barrier. That also meant that Kanya could not hear her on the other side of the barrier. She was thankful now for her telepathy more than ever.

It's okay Kanya, no need to be frightened. You gain all your powers back in the arena and you won't feel as helpless as you do out there. Come in here, it'll prove it to you. She made small motions with her hands, and hoped that Kanya noticed that she could speak telepathically, perhaps giving her that much more reassurance that her powers would return. I can help you, you won't be alone.