Moonbeam22

CLOSED

Stung, Adrisea said quietly, "I'm sorry for not mothering every damn hatchling here. That isn't my job. I didn't see her." She shot the hatchling an angry look before descending from the ledge and exiting the cave. Fine! Let them be ignorant! Let them eat those berries! For all I care...

~~~

Fern watched the Thunder dragon leave, staying quiet and unnoticed. Letting a sigh escape her, she wandered the cave until she found a secluded spot with soft grass poking out of the sand. She settled down and closed her eyes, wishing for sleep to take her.

user posted image

Airean watched the Thunder leave the cave in a fit of rage. His brain told him not to, but he followed her out. He noticed the signs of exhaustion and stress the Thunder had. Once she stopped, he stood behind her. "You can't let one dragon get to you," he said to her, "There are so many hatchlings out there, not all of them will understand or agree with what you're saying. Adri, you have to do what's right, even if some don't want to here it. We need a leader, and I think it's you."

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis looked at the bleeding hatchling in shock, then noticed the bitten berry that lay beside her. She raced over with her berry stash at once, trying to see if any of the berries matched the hatchling's round, blue berry, that smelled incredibly irresistible. None of them did. Celestis acknowledged Airean words and murmured, "Who knows if there's another hatching out there, unconscious and dying. We have to send out a search party." She looked up and noticed that Airean had gone off to comfort Adri. Poor Adri. She looked so tired and stressed, with sparks of lightning flickering angrily around her tense body. Celestis caught Airean's last words and she nodded vigorously. "Don't worry about it! Everybody's confused; I couldn't imagine what it would be like trying to protect everyone." She blinked sympathetically.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Halith blinked gratefully at the small dragon and followed her to the water, swaying slightly. She watched the older hatchling drink, then mimicked her movements. The water was sweet and cold, quite refreshing. She sat back on her haunches, still tired, and asked carefully, "Wyuh-what is your n-name? Mine is Halith." Another hatchling, this one bright orange, approached the spring to drink. She greeted them and asked if it had been a peculiar day. Halith thought this was odd, as in her mind there was no question. Of course it had been peculiar. She refrained from saying this aloud, not wanting to offend anyone. Her whole body trembled slightly--she needed to eat something or she would faint again. "Is there any food?" She inquried of the two older hatchlings.

~

Nylaeni blinked at the rough exchange between the orange dragon and the one called Adrisea. She tucked this part of each dragon's respective personality in her mind--the orange one was tempermental, and Adrisea was rather impatient for a leader. She personally agreed with Malkan, though she wouldn't have been so harsh. The golden dragon returned her attention to the hatchlings discussing the berry. Airean seemed to know the most about berries, but he had gone out to soothe Adri. "Someone else needs to try the berry," she suggested quietly. "In case it had something to do with her slash." Nylaeni glanced at Lance and Adri, who were the largest hatchlings she had seen. "Though maybe we should wait until we're bigger," she suggested after a moment's thought, looking around at the elder dragons.

Edited by Aquila

Tears began slowly leaking from Adrisea's eyes at Airean's words. "I-I don't think I can lead them. I barely...... I barely know what I'm doing myself. I can't be responsible for so many other dragons. I-" She hung her head as her voice died in her throat. The Thunder dragon had an air of authority about her most of the time, but leading all of these hatchlings was overwhelming for her.

Eriadna heard the fight between Malkan and Adri. Ouch. That was harsh. I mean, I agree with Malkan and all, but he could have been gentler. Oh, well, noone's perfect. As she was pacing about, trying to find something to do or say to take everyone's mind off the fight, Eriadna had a burst of insight. Wait a second! I'm pretty sure htat berry had something to do with it, so we shouldn't touch it. However ... when the hatchling that was hurt wakes up again, she can tell us what happened! Unless the berry gave her amnesia too. Amnesia, Eriadna thought to herself, how do I know that word? As a matter of fact, how do I know any of these words? It feels instinctual, as if we're programmed to know. Makes sense, I guess. If we didn't know how to speak, how would anything cooperative get done?

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Sadness. That had never been thought about or discovered until now for the less-than-a-day-old hatchling, watching Adrisea slowly cycle into it's remorseless atmosphere. Instead of saying anything, he thought. He did his deep thinking. He blocked out any other sense of the world as his world turned dark and barren and endless. He didn't want it's blanket of security to end. But it had to. Feeling droozy but calm, he thought about everything possible in his head. Finally he told her, "You don't have to do it alone.......we're a community. We'll help each other out whenever we need to. We can together help lead this group......we just need to stick together....." Slowly losing sense, he fell to the ground and lost all thoughts, darkness returning, the cruelest kind of slumber.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

"Nice to meet you," replied Alla, to the white hatchling who had approached to drink. Halinth was the one who had healed Ruscella. She was very grateful to her for healing the hatchling, or who knows what might,ve happene to the poor hatchling? "I'm Alla. I believe some of those trees," she gestured towards the forest area, "produces an orange fruit that is edible." She'd never tried them herself, but since she witnessed others eat it, it must be safe. But Alla could tell that Ruscella was drained of energy, and did not have a lot of strength. That was magic, wasn't it, Alla thought. Does it take so much energy? She saw one of the fruits, half peeled, abandoned by a rock close by. She quickly returned, carrying the fruit with her tail.

Tike was shaken and baffled by the sudden comment. He watched as the Thunder left the cave, and her friends went after her. He didn't like the suddenly serious atmosphere. Why can't everyone just keep their rude words to themselves? Although the comment did have some truth. He slumped against a rock, and waited.

Gysentia listened attentively to the Thunder Hatchling. She liked the idea of everyone sticking together until they could take care of themselves, but her concentration was torn between Adrisea and the two hatchlings who were talking to her. She hadn't expected the white hatchling to follow her, or the orange one to talk to her. But she was pleased when they did. "I'm Gysentia. And this has been the weirdest day" She agreed with the orange hatchling, Alla. "But it's so nice to be out of my egg. The world is so much more interesting. Oh, and Halith. There's more food during the day, because then we can hunt. But since this super bright circle has left the sky it's harder to see, so we're staying in the cave until it comes back. Hopefully we'll do better tomorrow about stocking up on prey. We didn't have very long, and we're all getting used to our legs..."

(OOC: So, what part of the DC Map are we at? Because it says in the RP description we're on that 'supercontinent'...)

Halith smiled gratefully at Alla when the older dragon returned carrying a fruit the same color as her scales. She sniffed it cautiously and found that she liked the scent very much. It was the same sharp, spicy odor she had scented when first hatching. Citrus, she thought as she bit into the soft flesh of the orange. It tasted as delicious as it smelled, and she wolfed the rest of it down quickly. "Thank you," Halith told Alla. She was still tired but no longer shaky, and felt much more stable. "Who is the female? The one who just made that speech?" She inquired curiously. "And who is the dragon that looks like you?" She glanced at the group of dragons discussing the berry and yawned.

~

Nyaleni, being a minutes-old hatchling, did not have much of an attention span. She wandered away from the berry group and over to the three dragons by the spring, mostly curious about the white hatchling who had somehow healed the injured blue dragon. "Hello, she said, dipping her head politely. "I am Nylaeni. What are your names? And who is the injured hatchling?" She glanced in the direction of said dragon, slightly worried. Though the white dragon had mostly healed the other hatchling, she still seemed to have a scratch, and there was blood on her scales. She appeared to be sleeping peacefully, but perhaps they should try to clean the blood...? Nylaeni absently nibbled an itchy scale on her shoulder, smiling when Gysentia introduced herself.

The young tri-horn sighed and moved away, heading out of the cave while thinking. /Name? Name...what is my name?/ she thought to herself. While she repeated the answer in her head a word, more like a letter than a word, came to her mind as an answer to her question. She paused momentarily, standing close to the trees as she tilted her head.

"V..." she spoke aloud to no on in particular. She smiled as she spoke again. "My name...is V."

Excited of her name, she trotted along happily past the trees, not realizing that she was straying away from the safety of the cave. V paused again, looking around as she finally realized that she was alone, surrounded by trees as far as she could see. A sense of panic started to fill inside her as she backed away, turning and running, hoping to reach the cave. Unfortunately it was too dark for her to see as she tripped over a small rock and stumbled to the ground.

"Ouch." V growled, slowly getting up. "Stupid rock." she hissed

Alla smiled at Gysentia and Nyaleni, glad to have some more company. "Your welcome," Alla said to Halith. "I believe the Thunder hatchling's name is Adrisea, and the injured hatchling is Ruscella. And I do not know who the orange hatchling is." She was not paying attention to the speech, but could tell something had happened between Adrisea and the dragon who looked like her. She was a bit concerned when Adrisea exited the cave, but she was sure the other hatchlings who followed her would cheer her up. Her eyes wandered to the area outside the cave. It had become dark already. How quickly the day had flown by.

Tike twirled his tail absently, growing tired and sleepy. He noticed a dragon head out of the cave. He was curious. Why would she go out there? he thought. He followed her our of the cave, and heard her saying her name was V. He gazed at the sky, and observed the absence of the bright circle that had hung there before. He stayed in one place for a moment, admiring the dark purples and blacks, when he realized that he'd lost sight of the wandering dragon. It had become too dark to properly see anything clearly. Tike hoped the dragon had returned to the cave. He wondered if he should notify the others. He dashed back to the cave, but could not find that dragon.

Edited by Darklight

Lance looked up at Halith, the smaller hatchling who had spoken up about eating the berry. He was quickly going to reject, but another hatchling did it for him. His gaze turned to the female who spoke and nodded in agreement, "I agree with the blue hatchling. We don't know what this berry does, nor if it has a harsher affect on different dragons." He gave the female dragon an apologetic look, Sorry for calling you 'blue hatchling'...I don't know your name... He looked around at the frantic crowd and considering the argument that had just occurred with their leader, he decided to try and help. "Okay, so can we all agree? Don't touch that berry. Let's get something in that white hatchling's stomach, she'll need the energy. And we wait for this hatchling to wake up once more..." he leaped down into the water by the fainted hatchling's side and tried pushing her back onto the bank, where the water met the land. Maybe she'll heal better... he thought to himself.

-=-=-=

Estra hurriedly tried to scurry away and back to the cave that they both knew. She grasped the orange in her mouth and dared not let it go. Its taste may not have been her favorite, but she knew she was hungry. As time passed, she tried to keep up with Ferovan, but, still, his bounds out-preformed hers. "Fer-Fero..." Estra stuttered, still having trouble with his name. "What are we supposed to do?" The question had been plaguing her mind for quite some time now and, seeing how he had hatched long before her, she felt he was the right wyvern to ask. "When we get back to the cave, what do we do?" She yawned loudly, curling her tongue as she did. "Because I feel like I don't want to keep running." Fatigue was taking over her, but thankfully, the cave soon came into sight.

As the trip back was taking longer than the trip there, Ferovan was careful to slow his strides so that Estra wouldn't have to struggle quite as much. Piercing the sides of the orange with his wing tips he freed his mouth and walked much more carefully, and slowly, as he didn't have his wings for balance. What do we do? He wondered, What does that question mean? He asked himself, but let himself speak. "Well, I guess that...we'll go to sleep. At least...until...tomorrow. Is that what...you meant?" He replied, the pausing coming now not as much from trouble speaking but because he was feeling out of breath. "And you can call me Fer. At least until you get the rest down." He added, he didn't like hearing her struggle over his name. She would get it down soon enough, he was sure.

~~~

Gysentia swished her tail, letting it curl and unfurl. "Do you think we'll get to know all of these dragons?" She asked, looking around. Even though she had hatched several hours ago now, she still couldn't believe how many different types of dragons there were. She shook her head in amazement, her blue eyes carefully eyeing all of the dragons she could see.

She nodded, now a little hazy from the sleep that was creeping on her. "Yeah-yeah I guess so," she told him. She smiled a little when he told her to just call him Fer. "Sorry, your name is tricky." Estra slowed down to a regular pace as they entered the mouth of the cave. She climbed inside and found everyone either wandering, talking outside, or relaxing at the water's ledge. She made her way towards where her egg hatched and began to tear at the orange. As the fleshy fruit filled her stomach, she let out a small burp that sounded like a squeak. She shook it off and continued eating, glad to get something in her stomach.

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

V huffed and circled around, trying to remember which way she had come from. Unfortunately her eyesight was not very good at seeing in the dark, making it harder for her to find the way. She felt vulnerable alone, especially in the spot she was in, making her miss the warmth and safety of her egg. She shook her head, knowing she couldn't just give up without trying.

Suddenly the rustling of a few branches and bushes made her jump, startling her as the fear came back to her. She whined as she hugged her tail for protection. "Why did I even come out here alone." she said, angry at herself.

Ferovan was glad that they had made it back safely. He wasn't sure how well he could fight yet. He walked with Estra over to where her egg had hatched, hers was a bright green with little spots towards the bottom. He glanced over at his own, which was a brown red. I wonder what the colors mean. He thought as he opened the second orange for Estra. Curiousity got the better of him, however, so he took a bite. He scrunched up his nose and took a step back. He made himself swallow it, but he felt disgusted by it. He picked it up with his wings again and set it beside Estra. "You can have it." He said, turning away from it disdainfully. He was glad she didn't seem to find it as terrible as he did. He felt a wave of tiredness wash over him, the excitement of the day wearing off. His first yawn forced his mouth apart, causing a rushing sound in his head. He snapped his mouth closed, startled at himself. "I think we missed the meeting." He added sleepily. letting himself fully sit. His eyes fluttered as he fought to keep them open, his breathing slowing. I've never been this tired in my life. He thought.

ooc; Poor little V.

Edited by Katedj

Estra laughed a little, "Well I'm glad I get your leftovers." She tore off another piece of the orange before seeing Ferovan yawn loudly which startled him. "Your tired of running too?" she asked as she swallowed the food in her mouth. "And I think so. Everyone seems to have gone on their own way," she told him as she sat on her haunches, finally accepting the sleep coming over her. She wanted to finish eating first, but would eventually sleep after that.

Ooc; I just made a new little guy that might be able to help little V out someday (Hopefully tomorrow night. This will be my last post until then)

Bic;

Ferovan smiled as she laughed, then nodded at her question. "I hope this isn't all just a dream. I don't think it could be, but I want everyone to still be here when I wake up." He said sleepily closing his eyes. He naturally tucked his nose under his left wing. The warmth within his chest grew stronger as he drifted off to sleep. He couldn't see it, but the red markings along his chest were spreading, and becoming a slightly brighter red in the process.

Estra continued eating for several minutes after Ferovan fell asleep. Once done eating, she felt content that her belly was full and felt that she could now go to sleep as well. She laid down, sprawled out on her belly, and sighed heavily. It had truly been a long day. Not a whole lot had been done, in fact, very little at all; nonetheless, she felt like it had lasted an eternity. She had lied down near Ferovan, but not that close since he was apparently emanating large amounts of heat. She seemed to prefer the cooler temperatures than the warmer ones. As she closed her eyes, she mumbled something in her sleepy haze, "Good night, Fer..." she then rapidly fell asleep, ready to wait for the next morning.

"You're welcome," Alla said to Halith. "I believe the Thunder hatchling's name is Adrisea, and the injured hatchling is Ruscella. And I do not know who the orange hatchling is."

Halith thanked Alla in a sleepy voice and watched Gysentia swish her tail. "Do you think we'll get to know all of these dragons?" The pygmy asked, looking around.

"I'm sure we will ev...ev...eventually," she replied, yawning once again. Halith looked around for a place to sleep. She didn't see anything particularly comfortable, but she scratched herself out a shallow nest against the wall of the cave closest to the spring and curled up. In the morning she'd find...well...she'd find something to make her nest more comfortable. "G'night," she told the other hatchlings softly. She closed her eyes and drifted off into the blissful fog of sleep.

~

Nylaeni thought that Halith's sleeping idea was excellent, and curled up in her own nest after muttering a sleepy 'Good Night.'

Seeing the others drift off to sleep made Alla want to as well. It had been a long day. She dug out a small hole in a dirt pile nearby, and found herself yawning. But she couldn't fall asleep. She rested her head against her tail, staring at the sky.

Tike paced back and forth, trying to think of what to do. Finally, when he looked out at the darkness of the night, and decided to go out there himself, although a dragon like him with no enhanced night vision and small size may not do anything. But he could try.

"There's a brown hatchling named V missing!" he announced at the top of his voice. "She went into the forest! If anyone wants to help, please help me search!" Tike hurried out of the cave, not pausing to see if anyone followed. It was dark, but not too dark. But when he reached the inside of the trees, it became much darker. Tike scrambled up a tree, trying to locate the hatchling. He jumped down, then dashed into the deeper areas, hoping to not become lost himself. Tike placed a rock on the ground as a place mark, and went on.

((OOC: @Katedj Maybe your character and others can meet with mine?))

Lance heard the turquoise hatchling call out for a search party as he nudged the water hatchling onto semi-dry land. "Someone, please watch her," he said out loud, hoping for someone to respond. Once he was done, he had an idea and leapt out of the shallow waters and over to the mouth of the cave. When he made it out, he looked around for the electrical looking hatchling and found her nearby. He ran over to her quickly, "Adrisea!" He called out, having heard others speak her name. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened in the cave and I wish things could have turned out differently, but we have a new problem. One of the other hatchlings thinks someone named V has gone missing. If it's true, then we can really use your help. It's too dark for any of us to see where were going, but if you led the party, we'd have at least a little light." He told her, having seen how she emanated small amounts of light from being a thunder hatchling. Lance hoped she'd accept because not only would it possibly get her in everyone's favor as the new leader, but it would give them a greater chance at finding V.

Alla blinked her eyes open, as she heard the turquoise hatchling call for help. She stood up, and carefully made her way out of the cave, so that she will not disturb her sleeping friends. The turquoise hatchling was out of sight. It was getting dark. Alla feared that that hatchling may lose his way too. She made her way to the Thunder hatchling, hoping that she'd form a search group quickly.

"V!" Tike yelled. "Are you there?" Tike wandered deeper into the forest, leaving bits of twigs and leaves along his path. Not that he could see the path, though. It was too dark to see anything. He lifted his paw, and felt a tree trunk in front of him. He stood in one place, afraid to go and further. He might become lost as well, if he wasn't already.

user posted image

Ruscella woke up seeing that her blood was dried up and the wound disappeared. She got up and nuzzled Halith, seeming to know that she healed her. "Thank you..." she whispered, so no one would wake up. She nuzzled everyone who she thought helped her, and wrapped her wing around Catalyst even though he didn't really help. He was, after all, her first friend. Then she noticed some hatchlings were missing. She heard that a hatchling was missing. She ran to the noise of the footsteps of Tike. She stumbled, not quite fully healed of her insides. She kept going on, faltering now, but that wouldn't stop her. She was bound to help anyone who helped her. She was now losing her way unknowingly. Then she found a clearing with dark green grass and saw a dragon that looked lost. "V..." She collapsed and fell asleep from exhaustion and the wound.

Edited by Onixthebunny1