lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Ella looked into the room, and her jaw all but dropped, for it was much nicer than the sparsely furnished room she’d had before. For a moment, she was sure that he’d made a mistake as she certainly didn’t deserve anything like this. “Yes, Mr. Tybalt, and thank you,” she said timidly, and she almost added, ‘but why’, but managed to keep that part silent.

"Is it nice enough you'll stick around?" He asked, as if he was afraid to. He was tired of people running off on him. His mother had skipped off, his brother and sister moved on to greener pastures, and his father dead. He was angry at them all for leaving him. He didn't want to be alone... Ever. And he would track down this slave if she ran away.

(Copy!!!! D:)

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Arvel followed obediently behind Sam, actually feeling excited to see his room This guy really didn't seem so bad, and certainly not that bad after it was clear he'd just gotten a slave because he needed some company, something that Arvel would have no trouble providing, considering the fact that this was probably the nicest that any Richie had been to him -ever. And it looked like Sam could probably use some help, probably just as much as Arvel needed it.

When they entered the room, he stopped dead and just stared at the place he could actually call his -sort of. There was a bed and various furnishings -not to mention a flat screen TV up on a shelf. An actual television. For him. He was about to turn around and thank Sam, but it seemed he was ready to leave and he was leaving to go get a drink. Arvel narrowed his eyes slightly as he studied Sam's face. It was hard to tell if he was old enough or too young to drink, but Arvel was betting on too young.

"Hey. I know I'm not going to be able to stop you from drinking, but I'm going to caution you. I may not know many things, but I do know that you never drink alone. So may I be allowed to join you? You've done more than you know for me, so let me repay that favor."

Sam paused on the top stair, surprised that Arvel had spoken up. Never drink alone? What did that mean? Well, he'd never shared his booze with anyone before, so it was a new concept. "Sure, whatever," he finally sighed, mopping his brow. At least he didn't have to worry about snapping at him- he wasn't an angry drunk, he was a sad drunk. Experience. Going the rest of the way down the stairs, he walked into the kitchen and went straight to the cabinet. A crystal beaker full of amber liquid was the first thing he pulled down, along with two scotch glasses. He poured some in both, turning and offering one of the glasses to Arvel wordlessly. It was the expensive stuff too, but of course, if he was going to get plowed why would he buy the cheap stuff?

Ella looked around the room still awe. She briefly wondered if the door only locked on the outside, but then dismissed it as something to be expected. Still, as she looked at the furniture, she couldn’t help but think that getting locked in here wouldn’t be that bad of a punishment. Especially with the bed…an actual bed, not a cot that could be removed to make punishment worse.

However, she was then shaken from her musings, when he spoke. Where else would I go, she thought as she looked toward him again, and her voice showed her confusion as she said, “Forgive my stupidity, Mr. Tybalt, but I don’t… I don’t understand the question. You are my master; I am yours to command, so I will be here until you wish otherwise.”

He blinked. "You won't run away?" He asked, thoroughly amazed. "Are you lying? Or are you just..." He couldn't believe it. A hand reached up to his head as he messed with his hair. Another human being would stay with him... without question? "And I'm not a Mr."

At his question, Ella paled and her eyes widened in fear. “Run away?” she asked, and she was so shocked by the question, that she once again looked directly at him. “No, Mi-Sir. Horrible, horrible, things are done to slaves who try to run away…” Realizing her mistake, she quickly lowered her head again, but then with a visible shudder, she whispered, “Horrible things.”

He didn't understand her fear. All he heard was that she would never run away. Ever...

He hugged her, squeezing her tighter than she was probably comfortable with. But he didn't care. He wasn't going to be alone anymore. No more fake smiles, no more meals alone, no more anything. He at least had her. He didn't realize he was crying. Tears were openly streaming down his face, but he didn't know how to react anymore.

When he hugged her, her entire being seized up, and for a moment she couldn’t even breathe. This was just so far beyond her ability to handle, that she was starting to feel feint, and his tears weren’t helping. Finally able to take a couple ragged breaths, she managed a shaky, “Please…”

He shakily let go. "I'm s-sorry." He sobbed. "I just... Alone..." He looked embarrassed. Crying in front of a slave... "I would never hurt you."

When he let go, she hunched forward a little to try to calm her breathing, but she was NOT prepared for what came next. He actually apologized to her… He, the master, apologized to her the insignificant slave. That was apparently the last shock she could take, for she didn’t even hear anything that was said after the apology, and with a blank face, she stood straight, but her shoulders went slack. She stood there for a couple seconds, and then opened her mouth to try to say something, but instead her eyes rolled up as she fell to the floor.

Tybalt looked shocked as he barely managed to keep her head from hitting the floor with a crack. censorkip.gif , I've killed her. Oh no, no, no, no. I knew it was too good to be true... He cried harder, and put her in the bed. She was limp, just like his mother was after she had died... He couldn't handle it. He ran to the winery, slamming the door behind him.

As Ella slowly opened her eyes, she was dimly aware of a door slamming somewhere, but at that moment couldn’t really comprehend anything. At first, she just lay there trying to figure out what had happened, but as she realized what had happened, she had to fight the urge to panic as she struggled to her feet. She felt really tired, and her legs were still shaking, but she had to find him, and beg him to forgive her for her foolish weakness.

There were only two places she could think to find him, the winery or his room, and since the winery didn’t involve stairs, she decided to try there first. Using the wall for support, she headed to what looked like it could be the right door, and upon opening it, she saw that it was. Still in the doorway, she called, “Mas-Mr. Tybalt-“ shaking her head at how she continued to mess up, she pressed on, “Sir, are you in here?

He couldn't hear her. He was too busy smashing things. He wasn't himself clearly. The language he was speaking could only be described as fluent cursing, and he was crying too hard to see. He threw something at the doorway and it shattered upon impact on the door.

Judging by the sounds, it was clear that he was in the winery, so she started to move toward him. However, she hadn’t gotten far before a bottle barely missed her as it flew into the door. She gave a startled scream as she dropped to her knees, and cradling her head in her hands, she cried, “Please, Master Tybalt, forgive me!” She was so terrified that she didn’t notice the few pieces of glass in her back and arms. Even though he’d said he’d never hit her, she was sure that he was going to beat her with one of the bottles. After all, a promise made to a slave is like a promise made to the wind…just empty words.

Tybalt looked at her and rushed, picking her up and placing her back in her room. He held her shoulders, trying to get a grip. "Why?!!!" He shook her a little. He wasn't hurting her yet. "Why did you do that?!"

She gave a quickly strangled whimper when he picked her up, for she just knew she was in for a lot of pain. She didn’t resist as he shook her, but tears were starting to form in her eyes. “P-please forgive m-me,” she said desperately, “b-but I had to.” By that point she was really struggling to hold back her tears, as she said again, “P-please fo-forgive m-me.”

Edited by starphyre77

He met her go, hyperventilating, so he put his hands on top of his head to calm down.

After several minutes of this, he left the room and returned with tweezers. He gently placed he on the bed and pulled the sheets up. "Take off your shirt. I'm going to get the glass out. Use the sheet to cover yourself." He said, stoic and void of emotion.

"Good. You know, we're pretty much in the same boat here, you and I. We're both alone, completely alone. So why not be alone together, right?" Arvel responded, following Sam towards the liquor. It wasn't like he didn't have some sorrows of his own to drown. If his sister was here, he was sure she would have told him to stop and not follow Sam. It wasn't good to drink alone, but if everyone involved was drinking with the intention of escaping, then it wouldn't do them much good. And for that, for that Arvel had to tell himself not to get drunk. For his sister. He couldn't bear to think of her watching him destroy himself because she was always the one who reined him in, who looked out for him, who made sure he'd be okay in the end. If only he could've done the same for her and protected her from their master.

The amber liquid looked expensive and he hesitated before he took his glass to his lips and sipped it. He'd not really had nice alcohol before, to be honest, and it was a bit less strong than the stuff he used to drink with the guys. Mostly because they'd mix in anything with alcohol into the batch, be it lighter fluid or what-have-you. The stuff they made tasted like pure hell, though. It was just a form of escape. This, though, this was much nicer.

"This is good. So, do you care to tell me why you're down here drinking right now? Talking could help. I'm a friend, Sam. I'm here to listen."

Sam dropped his hand as Arvel took the glass, downing his own in one go. He reached to pour himself another one, feeling the familiar light burn as it ran down his throat. He honestly didnt care if his (slave? Friend? What the hell did it matter?) drank or not. He begrudgingly accepted the man's presence as something he would put up with, because after all, he had bought him.

His gaze flickered up as the man spoke, taking a long draught from his second glass and contemplating how he should answer. Shrugging his shoulders, he tossed back the remainder of his drink and reached to fix himself yet another. "I'm drinking because I don't have anything better to do. Look around. See any signs of other people living here?" He asked, staring down at the contents of his scotch glass.

When Tybalt left the room, Ella’s legs couldn’t support her anymore, and she sank to the floor. As she sat there, she thought about all the things she’d done wrong, and she buried her face in her hands when she realized that her punishment was going to be severe. When she heard him coming back, she tried to stand again but couldn’t. Add another to the list, she thought in despair.

She was a little worried when her placed her on the bed, but when he told her to undress, all color drained from her face. However, when he then mentioned the glass, she became aware of the pain in her back and arms, and she dared to hope that it was his only intent. Sitting up, she maneuvered the shift dress so that she could take it off while staying under the sheet. Once she had the dress off, she wrapped the sheet around herself in a way that left her back exposed, and then she laid down on her stomach and buried her face in the pillow.

Edited by starphyre77

(Green slaves? What?)

Tybalt turned his head so he wouldn't look at her as she manuvered. When she held still, he turned to face her. "I brought something to numb the nerves. You shouldn't get to close to me when I'm like that." He grumbled. He was more upset at himself, but she did stop him from drinking... She did what she was supposed to...

"I hope this doesn't hurt...." He removed another. "You did your job... I'm not drinking." He smiled, even though she couldn't see it.

Ella flinched as he pulled the glass from her back, but made no noise or other movements. However, when he said that she’d done her job, she said, “But Sir, I was supposed to keep you 'away from the winery', and I failed… and I’ve done so many other things wrong…” Though her voice was muffled by the pillow, the despair it held could still be heard. At that point, she wouldn’t have been surprised if he took her right back to the market and demanded his money back.

"You haven't done anything wrong. I freaked you out and then freaked out and... Now you're hurt." He sighed and put on more numbing solution. "You did perfect."