lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

By the time she heard the beeping noise, Ella was all but trembling with fear. Knowing she had to obey his order to not be afraid, she tried to calm down, but wasn’t able to. The fact that she was also disobeying an order only made her fear worse as he asked if she was all right. NO! she screamed in her mind. “Y-yes S-sir,” she lied.

"What a lie. What's wrong?" he laid down his clothes and sat on the edge of the bed. "You can tell me... are you just afraid of all of these new surroundings?"

When he sat on the edge of the bed, Ella gave a ragged gasp as she automatically started to draw away from him, but then forced herself to stop moving. “N-nothing’s wrong,” she lied again, and then her voice went somewhat flat as she recited one of the many tenets she’d had drilled into her, “A slave belongs to her master, and is his to do with as he sees fit.”

He backed away. "What?! No! You think..." He shook his head. "I just don't want you to run. And if you start bleeding or something I want to be there."

Ella gave a shaky sigh when he moved away, and explained why he brought her there, but she couldn’t easily dismiss the fear. “M-may I sl-sleep on the f-floor…” she asked, and though she tried to stop it, another tear fell as she pleaded, “Please?”

"If you want... At least take the comforter. It gets cold." He was red in the face. Poor girl... It wasn't her fault he didn't know how to properly tell her what was going on.

"I could get your mattress from your room and put it on the floor. That way it wouldn't be dirty." He burst out of the room, embarrassed.

Ella started to feel a little relieved when he said she could sleep on the floor, and she was unsure what to think when he turned red. When he offered to bring in her mattress, she was going to tell him it wasn’t necessary, but he was out the door before she could. Left alone, she sat up, put her legs over the side of the bed, and with her elbows on her knees, she rested her head in her hands with her fingers in her hair as she took deep, calming breaths.

He came back with the mattress off her bed, and her sheets and comforter. He drug it beside the bed, close enough that he could still keep at eye on her and nodded. "Er... Fix it however you need to... There." He still looked embarrassed.

“Th-thank you, Sir,” she said a little calmer than before. “But…” she started, but then thought better of it, “thank you.” Looking at the mattress, she would’ve preferred it placed in a corner, but he put it where he wanted it, so that’s where it would stay. Hoping he’d allow it, she arranged the bedding so that the pillow was toward the foot of the bed.

He smiled at her. "I'm going to go change, you can do whatever until I get back." He mumbled, and headed into the bathroom.

“Yes Sir,” she said, but she didn’t really know what ‘do whatever’ meant. About the only thing she could think to do was clean, but she didn’t have any cleaning supplies; nor did she want to get the nightgown dirty. She considered getting into bed, but she hadn’t been dismissed for the night, so that was out. Of course, under these unusual circumstances, he may not actually dismiss her… Pondering that last thought, she busied herself by straightening anything in the room that looked like it could use some straightening.

Tybalt came back out. "Why aren't you ready for bed...?" He looked at her messed up mattress. "It's much more comfortable after you make it." He smiled and slid into his bed. "When you're done... Doing whatever you are doing... Make sure to turn off the light."

“Yes Sir,” Ella said again as she quickly made her bed, and turning out the light, she climbed into bed. Remembering to lie on her stomach, she just laid there for a while, and listened to him breathe. She couldn’t tell whether or not he’d fallen asleep, but she eventually did. Unfortunately, that was when the dreams started… She was up in the house, watching helplessly out the window as her brother was being taken away. “Please…” she muttered without realizing it, “no...”

Tybalt quietly listened for a while to her sleeptalking, before he rolled to he side of the bed to make sure she was actually asleep. He studied her before slowly putting and arm off the bed and holding one of her hands. He then proceeded to fall asleep himself.

She couldn’t find him; every door opened to an empty room. She was getting desperate, but then he took her hand, and they were little kids again… She gave Tybalt’s hand a little squeeze, and then her body relaxed. Hand-in-hand, they slept on the bed they shared when they still roomed with their mother.

((I'm making this post anyway while I have time..))

Rachel sat in the same cramped little space all the slaves sat in before an auction. In the corner, she wept silently. Dawn's words hadnt hurt, but their meaning did. I like you Rachel, but you're too shy! I want someone I can talk to. She was so meek, she had lost her master. Her master who had said she cared about her. Brushing her tears away, she hugged her knees. She still wore the dress she had been given, and the shoes.

(Sorry, yeah timeskip.)

Tybalt woke up still holding her hand. His hair was messed up, so he ran his spare hand through it, and smiled, petting Ella's cheek before moving to the bathroom to shower off. He would buy her a friend... She needed one...

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Ella woke up before dawn as she always did, but it took her mind a couple more seconds to wake up as well. However, when it did, her eyes widened when she realized that her hand was in his. She couldn’t believe she’d done that, and was sure that he’d be angry, so she tried to pull her hand away without waking him. Unfortunately, as she was trying she was pretty sure that she was going to wake him, so she stopped. She was more afraid of waking him early than of holding his hand, so she resigned herself to having to wait for him to get up. While she was waiting, she did something she couldn’t ever remember having done before… She fell back asleep.

She was awakened again when he pet her cheek, and she was relieved that he didn’t seem angry about her holding his hand. Once the bathroom door was closed, she was up and making his bed. With that done, she turned to the mattress on the floor. She figured it would be put back in her room, so she pulled off and folded the sheets and blankets. Putting the bedding on the mattress, she then sat down on the mattress to wait for him to come back out. As soon as the door started to open, she jumped up, and with her head lowered, she faced the door.

"OH, hey you're still in here." He looked embarassed, though he was covered and everything. "Sorry. I'll just grab clothes for the market and head back in... I didn't mean to scare you, I'm not going to do anything." He snatched something out of his drawers and darted back into the bathroom.

Ella’s ears started to turn red when she caught sight of him, and at how embarrassed he seemed to be. Though her brow furrowed slightly that he was surprised she was still there. After all, where else would she be? She couldn’t recall if he’d relocked the door, and she didn’t have any duties she could do yet.

Waiting for him to come out again, her stomach gave a slight growl, for it was later than she was used to eating. However, the growl brought to mind another concern, What if he expects me to cook… she thought, and she hoped against all hope that he wouldn’t ask her to. That was something she’d never been trained to do.

Tybalt came out of his room, ready to go. "Alright... Go to your room and pick out something. I had a friend drop off clothing in your measurements, nothing too nice. Where's breakfast?" He blinked at her, opening the door.