lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

((Sounds good, though I do have to leave soon…Going to see The Hobbit biggrin.gif ))

Ella was so intent on scanning the other pens, that she didn’t realize that she had moved toward the door. Suddenly her chain was being pulled, and she found herself on the block. She stood there trying not to tremble as her stats were rattled off. She looked over the crowd again, and a feeling of dread started to creep over her. One of these strangers would soon own her, and she was suddenly struck by how unfair this was. Of course, she was just a slave, and slaves don’t deserve fair… Or so she’d been told.

(Filthy hobbitses.)

Tybalt studied the girl. Short hair, healing bruises... But she looked like she was well groomed before...? And she had fire in her eyes.

"Fifteen." He said loudly. No one would dare challenge him, so he came to collect his prize.

((But Hobbitses are nice, precious! xd.png ))

Ella’s eyes widened a little when a young man started the bid at 15 Parr for her. After all, the slave sold before her had started at 10 Parr, and he had appeared to be sturdier than she was. When the man approached to pay, something about him made her uneasy, whether it was his confidence, or the simple fact that he was unknown, or something else entirely, she wasn’t sure. Fighting the urge to pull away as he was handed her chain, she obediently lowered her head, and waited for him to lead her away. It wouldn’t have done any good to look up anyway as there was no one she could look to; no one who would help her… Her life was now in this man’s hands.

Edited by starphyre77

Tybalt took the key from the guard's hand and unhooked it from her neck. "You don't even chain animals like that." He grumbled, but firmly took the girl's wrist. They walked, him lightly tugging her behind him.

Ella was slightly surprised when the man removed her chains, but didn’t have time to reflect on it as he then grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind him. She had so many questions: who was he; where were they going; why had he bought her; what was expected of her? However, it wasn’t her place to ask, so she followed along in silence. She figured she’d find out soon enough.

He opened his door, and stared at her. "In." He said simply. He expected her to climb over to her seat, which wasn't a daunting task.

((I’m guessing a fancy sports car with no back seat?))

Ella was a little confused about the order to get in. Not because she’d have to climb to her seat, but rather because there was no back seat for her to climb to. She’d been in cars before, but always in the back as was proper. However, she didn’t want to anger her new master, so she quickly moved to obey. It was difficult to maneuver as she was doing her best to keep her feet off the seats, and though she gave a little grunt of pain when she hit one of her bruises, she said nothing. Once she was settled, she fastened her seatbelt, and sat with her head lowered and her hands folded on her lap.

(Ah yes. Muchos de fancy.)

He closed the door on his side, and started it up. As he pulled out he gave a quick glance at her. He didn't say anything, to the point of it being awkward. They had made it a good way down the street before he opened his mouth like he was going to say something. He changed his mind.

His hands moved to the gears and he flicked it into a higher gear and sped up. He took back roads, so as not to harm anyone.

Having been trained to not speak unless spoken to, Ella sat in silence. Since she didn’t know what to expect of him, she didn’t really mind the silence as you can’t say the wrong thing if you say nothing. She was prepared for a normal ride to wherever he was taking her, but then as he started to speed up, so did her heart rate. She was used to safe, family cars, not this. Though she made no sound what-so-ever, her hands tightened on each other until her knuckles were white as she watched out the side window from the corner of her eye.

He glanced over again. "You okay?" He lightly pointed to one of her bruises.

"Don't let anyone ever hit you like that again. Ever. Alright? Even if it's me. You beat the hell out of them." He demanded, then pulled over on the side of the road, rather abruptly. "Go ahead. Ask your questions."

When he finally did speak, it wasn’t what she’d been expecting. She was a little surprised that he asked if she was okay, but she was shocked when he gave what sounded like an absurd order. Forgetting herself for a moment, her jaw dropped as she dared to look directly at him. Is he actually giving me permission to strike back?! She thought in disbelief.

Realizing that she was staring, she cleared her throat as she quickly lowered her head again, and said, “Forgive me. I-I’m fine Master, thank you. I…” she paused for a moment to consider which of her questions would be proper to ask before settling on the two she felt would be safest. “May I know your name, and what my – my duties will be?”

Edited by starphyre77

"Tybalt. Don't call me master. That's absurd. I won't be amgry if you do it on accident at first, but I don't like it. And... I have this problem... Not a problem, just... Overkill. I... Er..." He was quiet. "I need to be kept away from the winery. At pretty much all times apparently... Ever since my father passed... I'm alone and it passes the time. So... I need you to keep me away. Basically." He wouldn't look at her, ashamed. "You looked like someone who could help, and someone who needed a bit of help."

Since she didn’t want to risk looking directly at him a second time, she sort of watched from the corner of her eye as he spoke. Once again, he threw her a curve, and she couldn’t understand why he would want to help her when she was nothing but a lowly slave. Still, the part about being alone struck a chord with her as she was well aware of the pain of being alone.

“I understand, M-Mr. Tybalt,” she said in a neutral voice. “But, is there anything I should know to help with these duties? I mean, is there a method more effective than others? Also, how... what…” She stopped with a heavy sigh, for she was actually afraid to ask the next question. However, since she felt it was important to do what he said were her duties, she didn’t see where she had a choice. Hoping for the best, she said with genuine concern, “I’m a little uncertain how this will work when it is also my duty to obey your every command. If you order me to step aside, how can I not?”

Edited by starphyre77

"Because I won't be myself. Just act as if I was a different person when I am acting like that. It will be easier than you think. I needed someone with fire, and I know you've got it in you, even if you do or not." He grinned. "You're rebellious. Heck, you might even enjoy it."

((Oh, okay. That makes a lot of sense now. I just didn't see anywhere that you had roleplayed that you even made the character leave the house. For the sake of that everyone's posted ahead of us, do you want to just timeskip to the hospital?))

(( i would consider joining this one, but if I posted more here, Wyvern would kick my ass for what I said in Tell me a Story. ))

((That's a bit of a rude assumption, don't you think? I wouldn't necessarily drag our issues here (until you said that) even though you pulled a censorkip.gif move.))

(Sorry I haven't posted. I shamefully confess it was out of laziness and some sickness, but mainly laziness. Can I have a recap? If not I'll read from where I last left.)

((Had a possibly mischievous thought… Given his name, how would Tybalt react if he learned that she’d been owned by the Montague family? ))

Though she’d never been beaten before, Ella's former owners used emotional and psychological abuse to keep their slaves in line. She had often been told of the horrible things that would happen to her if she misbehaved badly enough to be sold, and as a result she was very afraid. Afraid of her new master; afraid to do or say the wrong thing; afraid of her future. She was even afraid of her own thoughts, for if they were known, she would surely be beaten…or worse.

For a brief moment she hugged her arms across her stomach, but she winced when she hit a bruise, and put her hands back on her lap. She didn’t feel like she had a fire in her, and she certainly didn’t feel rebellious, but a slave does not disagree with her master, so her ears started to turn red, and she wished she could disappear into the seat as she simply said, “As you say, Mr. Tybalt.”

Edited by starphyre77

((So sorry.... sorry Wyvern! *bows for forgiveness*))

Dawn pulled the car into the parking lot of a brand new shopping mall. "Let's see." She took the key out and opened the door. "We have to get you some more decent clothes. NO MORE RAGS." She pulled herself out of the car, waiting on Rachel to get out so she could lock it. "First, we need to check out this fabulous new store. There's a pretty dress I want you to try on. It's white, and flowy."

((No, don't apologize xd.png I'm sorry, I just get so bored during the day))

Rachel climbed quickly out of the car and shut her door, waiting meekly for any orders. No more rags? She looked up a fraction, surprise coloring her cheeks. "O-of course, Miss Dawn," she replied dutifully, still reeling. Her very own dress? And a new one at that!

Dawn locked the doors and set off with a brisk pace towards the mall. "Cardio never hurt anyone, now did it?" She winked at Rachel, the turned back and almost got hit by another car, driven by an ugly old man. "Shut up and watch where you're going!" she yelled, shaking her fist at the man. She turned back again, temper flare over, and stepped into the doors. Suddenly, the smell of new, new, new blasted her in the face. It was chilly inside, compared to outside at least.