lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

He smiled and opened the door on his side. "You coming?" He asked, before exiting and closing his door on the car. This must be his house, a giant white and wooden mass.

Sam raised an eyebrow as the man launched off into a soliloquy, though he didn't make the comment he was thinking of. "Well, first off, if you have a problem, that does make it my problem. I dunno how slaves are supposed to be treated, but I'm going to try my hand at equals. Second, yes it is important if you're going to be sick, especially in this car because dude, this is leather. Now, I don't know what problem you think you caused for me, but I'm fine," he finished, putting the car in drive again and pulling away from the curb once more.

"I'm fine, honest," Arvel grumbled, not meeting the other man's eyes and instead turning his attention to the road that they were pulling back out onto. It was true, he was beginning to feel better and he didn't appreciate how Sam had changed the topic. The guy knew exactly what Arvel was speaking of, knew of the sentence that had resulted in a rather awkward pause between the two of them. But if he chose to ignore it, to bury his problems instead of letting Arvel fix them for him, then so be it. After all, it would just mean less work for him, anyway.

"I'm not going to be sick on your leather seats. Believe me, I have more self-restraint than that," he replied, snorting with disdain. Granted, he probably shouldn't have responded to Sam that way, but who really cared, right? Just another Master who would eventually just give him up when he was done with his newest toy. Not that Arvel had ever had any other master before than his old one, Craig, but he assumed that they were all the same, at best. Maybe there were some that were even worse, and Arvel wasn't really sure of many things, but he was absolutely sure he wouldn't ever want to meet a man who was worse than Craig. At least Sam was a younger uy who seemed like the type to have a good time.

"So where are we going? Off to pick up some chicks? Or are we heading to your house, wherever that may be? If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Sam didn't respond to the comment about being sick. He kept his gaze pointedly on the road, because he really didn't want to think about the thoughts that Arvel had forced into his head. He had not bought himself a friend, he told himself sternly, he had thrown money around like he always did. He wondered instead what had made this slave so.. Wonked up. Maybe he had had a bad master or something. Arvel sure seemed like he was about to hit him or something, which so wasnt his style. Physical exertion.. Yuck. His attention was distracted as his slave spoke up again -okay, he would not be calling him that anymore- and asked where they were going. "Naw man, I can't go out dressed like this. Besides, we need to suit you up. No rags in my house shall be worn," he said in a mock voice just as they were turning up the drive. Surprisingly, he did not live in a mansion. Sure the house was nice and bigger than normal, but it wasn't the big and grand type thing you would expect.

Arvel hadn't ever really felt too self-conscious before, at least not in a normal way like the way that Sam worried about, the way where someone worried about what they were wearing and about how others perceived them. Arvel had never really felt truly human, for before now he wasn't really treated like it. He was an animal, bought and sold, only alive because he had a duty. Being worried about his appearance had not been vital to his survival and so he had ignored that worry and had denied it any of his attention. Now, however, his attention was brought to it. He became aware of how what he wore was rags and nothing more, really, just worn and dirty clothes that hung on his body as if just made from burlap. He probably stank something vile too, but who knew? His nose was so dead from the work he'd done, from the place he'd lived, from the people he'd been with... He probably couldn't tell if milk was sour or not if he smelled it. He'd been lucky and gotten a shower before being shipped up to the block as was routine. After all, you didn't want a slave to get all the other nice slaves sick.

"Yeah. I guess I'm not really prepared to go out. You're very kind. You're offering to give me things and teach me things and I'm going to take some liberty here and just guess -but I don't think you're going to try and beat me, either. So thanks," Arvel said, glancing up at the house they were approaching. It was certainly smaller than Craig's, but somehow that was completely comforting. It was cozier, more like a home and less like a giant block put up just to try and show off one's wealth.

"Nice place."

Sam parked the car in the drive and hopped out, giving the cherry red car an affectionate pat. "Yup, I'm just a charitable old fool. Don't mention it," he said with an eyebrow waggle, shaking off the gratitude. He wasnt used to it, and therefore only could blow it off as nothing. Turning to grin mischeviously at Arvel, he added, "Oh, I'll beat you alright. I'm a bit of a pro at all my video games, so I hope you're ready to lose." He cracked his knuckles emphatically. Walking up the steps, he unlocked the front door and tossed his keys on a table as he walked in, spreading his arms wide. The foyer was adorned with a simple mahogany rug to match the cream walls, leading out into a modern kitchen and breaking off into a set of stairs going up. "Honey, I'm home! Oh that's right, I'm not married," he sighed, striding further in as though he expected Arvel to shut the door. Of course he was a little young for marriage, but there was no one else in the house. No parents, siblings, nothing.

((Woohoo! Catwoman quote!))

“Yes Mr. Tybalt,” Ella said as she quickly got out of the car. It wouldn’t do to make him wait for her. As she closed the car door, her gaze swept the house, and she noticed that the house appeared to be similar in size but a different style from her former owners’ home. Her look was impassive as she once again lowered her head, and quickly moved to fall in step behind him. She was neither impressed nor unimpressed; to her, this was simply her master’s house.

"We are alone here. You don't have to worry about anyone bothering you. This is a crime free neighborhood." He smiled at her, and walked a little closer to her... Bu to make sure she wouldn't run.

(I'm sorry that I haven't replied in a while. I'm still waiting for a response from Romero, and haven't gotten around to making a slave form. Does she still need a slave?)

“Thank you, Mr. Tybalt,” was all Ella could think to say. Listening to Tybalt, she couldn’t figure out why he was being so nice to her. She could almost understand the reassurance about the neighborhood, but to actually smile at her…why? She was brought out of her thoughts when he moved closer to her, and though she tensed slightly, she didn’t move away. They were walking closer than what had been drilled into her, but if that was the distance her master wanted, that was the distance he would get.

As they neared the door, she quickened her pace a little to walk ahead of him, and headed to open the door. It was a move made out of habit, and it wasn’t until she was halfway there that she realized that she hadn’t been given permission to precede him. She didn’t even know whether or not the door was locked. Unsure of what she should do, she faltered to a stop, and then figuring it’d be best to address her mistake, she turned and said, “Forgive me Mr. Tybalt. Shall I open the door?” Her ears were turning red again as she braced herself to be yelled at.

"It's locked... You can if you want to after I unlock it though." He replied a bit sarcastically. He jingled the keys and unlocked it. "There, go on in and I'll park the car."

Ella was used to being yelled at whenever she’d done something stupid like that, so when he started talking, her head dropped even more as her shoulders tensed up. However, when the shouting didn’t come, she hazarded a glance toward him, and her shoulders relaxed a little as she realized that he didn’t appear to be angry. “Yes, Mr. Tybalt,” she replied when he told her to go in, and taking a few steps in, she turned to face the door.

Tybalt parked the car and came inside. "You haven't run off have you?" He called, and when he spotted her he hugged her shoulders with one arm. "I'm glad you're obedient for once." He handed her the keys. "Slave's quarters are downstairs on the left, if you want to get situated. The winery is down that way... It is the best placement for your duties. But... I live on the door beside of it." He looked ashamed.

((Out of curiosity, does Tybalt own any other slaves? And yeah, this one sort of ran away on me a little…sorry. ))

Left alone for a moment, Ella let out a shaky sigh. After taking a couple steadying breaths, she looked around curiously but didn’t move from the spot. When she heard Tybalt coming back, she quickly looked back to the door. She lowered her head again as the door opened, but when he put his arm around her shoulders, her entire body stiffened. Such casual contact between master and slave simply was not done, or so she’d been told her entire life. Once again, she was at a loss trying to figure him out. He wasn’t acting the way she thought a master should act, but then as the master, he could act however he wanted.

When he gave her the keys, she automatically went to put them in her pocket, but then remembered that the dress that had pockets had been returned to her former owner. She briefly wondered if she’d be able to find some spare cloth to make pockets on the simple shift she was currently wearing, but then she was looking in the direction that he had pointed. She gave a nod when he said she’d be near the winery, but then quirked an eyebrow at the fact that so was he. She thought that it might be better for him to move to a different part of the house, but wasn’t going to suggest it until she was surer of her position. “Yes, Mr. Tybalt,” she said, and then she got a tremor in her voice as she added, “b-but if I may ask, i-is there a k-key for the winery?” She knew she was speaking without permission, but it was necessary if she was going to fulfill her duties properly.

"No... Should there be?" He asked, heading towards the stairs. he tapped the door beside the stairwell. "My room." He headed downstairs. "I'll show you yours."

Probably, Ella thought as she followed Tybalt. Though she followed in silence, paid close attention to where they were going. It wouldn’t do to get lost, and end up somewhere she’s not supposed to be. She nodded when he pointed out his room, and her eyes lingered on the door for a moment to try to burn its location into her memory, and then nodded again as they went downstairs.

"Here." He opened a smaller room, but warm and nicely furnished. It leooked soft to the touch, but still not exquisite. "I had this installed recently... It used to jut be a storage room. If it gets cold, just let me know."

(Sorry. I thought I typed a response.)

Romero was scared, the hospital may or may not know how to properly care for his wings..." He sighed, trying to calm himself.

Arvel followed silently behind Sam, opening the car door and stepping out as he gently closed the door behind him as if he feared it would damage the car. As he followed behind his master, he walked with a silence that had undoubtedly been learned through years of practice with a foul-mannered owner. The door in front of him, left ajar by Sam, was closed swiftly as he stepped into the room it opened into.

"I do suppose that you would beat me at a video game. I've never played one before. Being a slave, you know, we don't really get to do much," he replied somewhat sullenly, looking around the house and noting just how empty and cold it was. No life whatsoever. No family, no girlfriend. Sam was just about as alone as one could get and now it all made more sense to Arvel why the other man had wanted a slave; the sheer hollowness of the space around him was caging and the silence that ensued as a result was deafening. It was lonely, and Arvel could only imagine that Sam felt like a little kid left alone in a dark house. He needed someone -anyone- to be there with him, to lift the shadows just a little bit. If that was where Arvel was needed, as a friend, then so be it. If that was his job, he would do it to the best of his ability. After all, how hard could it be?

"So where am I going to be staying? I don't have anything with me, so you don't really have to be worried about making room for anything. Just need a place to rest my head at night."

Sam studied him as he took it all in, trying as best he could to measure Arvel's expression nonchalantly. His hands in his pockets, he glanced away for a moment before back at him. He didn't want to be seen through.. even if his loneliness was that obvious. "This way. You've got a room to yourself- feel free to use or keep whatever you want in there," he said, waving for him to follow as he walked up the stairs. Pushing open a door in the hall, he revealed a pretty normal sized room completely furnished with a bed, dresser, closet, nightstand, and other objects. There was even a small, high definition flat screen on the shelf that the bed faced. "We can get you clothes tomorrow. I'm just gonna.. go get a drink. Feel free to explore," he said with a small shrug, turning to go back down the stairs. Yes, to top it all off, he was an underaged alcoholic. But really, what choice did he have? When his parents skipped out on him, he turned to a fake I.D. so that he would not be sent to an orphanage or foster home. He quickly found out that that I.D. would also buy him alcohol, which was a welcome friend when you were all alone. If he couldn't share his sorrows, he could always drown them, and the thoughts Arvel had forced into his mind he desperately wanted to forget.