lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Joules paused.

"The people are generally pretty kind there, but I'm only speaking for how they treat non-slaves. I don't know how they'd react to them bringing in a slave., I'm afraid."

He paused. Then, he added, "I'm sure I'm not the first to bring one in. Considering how many people there are in the world, though. Maybe there could be a whole slave-section of the hospital. I haven't ever been to this city's hospital before, thankfully."

It was true. He only moved to the city three months ago.

They were placing bids now. Something inside Arvel made him angry -jealous even- that the one boy, the one who was winged, had gotten such an outrageously high bid and yet he stood here and so far the top bid was a mere 13 parr. Of course, his more rational side reminded him that he shouldn't ever be eager about the price someone was paying for him, that to do so would be to pit himself up against the others and that to do that would be purely wrong because the oppressed needed to stick together in order to rise up against the oppressors. Besides, he shouldn't have been surprised. He was standing up here with a brand on his wrist because he'd tried to run away once and various scars because he'd talked back. A perfect slave never was beaten, which was why every slave had a few marks on them. There was no such thing as a perfect slave, but any slave out there was better than the men that bought them.

Arvel looked steadily at the man who was currently putting out the highest bet, something of disdain and defiance in his eyes as he stepped forward as far as the chains that bound him would allow and spat on the ground in front of him. He didn't care who that man thought he was, for to Arvel he was nothing but the scum of the earth to even be showing his face here. Any master at all was not a good one in his eyes and he would rather die than to submit to anyone. He would not revel in this man's shadow.

Romero panicked. "And what if they decide I'm not welcome?!" He was now even more afriad if going in...

Sam stared down at the spit, then up at the slave he had just bought. "If you pursed your lips, the spit would go farther," he remarked, clambering up to pay out his 13 parr. Then he turned to the slave that now belonged to him, and raised an eyebrow. "So, you gonna spit on me the whole way home? Cause you can walk if that's the case. Otherwise I have this pretty sweet Ferrari.." he trailed off, waggling his eyebrows enticingly.

Joules thought for a second.

"Well, technically, you are my property, so it's not like they can harm you unless they have an intrest in being sued."

Several different scenarios went through his head.

"Worst case situation? I'd probably say that they refuse us service."

Dawn looked on as Rachel knew exactly what to do. "You're very good at this." She got up and dusted herself off. The little boy mumbled a quick thank you and tumbled off. "Hmm. Should we go venture through town? Do we need anything for food? And you need some new clothes. And a pretty purple ribbon. To go in your hair." Dawn walked off, noting people giving her malicious glares. "And then the people here hate me. Why is that?"

Romero's eyes settled on a pretty young slave girl, helping a young boy. His heart sank a little, automatically assuming the child was hers. Shame...

"I'm ad they won't hurt me then." He murmured, watching the boy tumble away from the slave girl and her master.

Arvel narrowed his eyes and looked sideways towards the other man. The guy was calmer than he'd hoped, for in some twisted way he wanted to spark an argument, wanted to have a fight again. But this man wasn't like that. He was more tolerant -at least he appeared to be so for now. Who knew what he'd be like after he was done with his newest toy?

"Yessir. No spitting. Got it," he said, not meeting the man's eyes. But he was curious, curious about the Ferrari that had been aforementioned. He'd never been in a car before, seeing as he'd grown up in the same place since he was born and they weren't allowed to leave the property. When he'd tried to run off, he hadn't used a car, seeing as he'd no idea how to drive one. He quite literally ran away. And when he was brought here he was drugged first. He'd never really experienced a car ride. "...Ferrari. Th-that's a car, right? Last guy who owned me, he never let me ride in a car." Somehow this guy didn't seem too bad after all. His glare softened slightly and the corner of his mouth twitched slightly, leaning towards something close to a smile.

"Not sure if you even care, but my name's Arvel."

Rachel looked slightly flustered at being offered new things, and kept her head down with a simple nod. "We are out of milk," she said quietly, her gaze flickering back and forth between the bystanders. "They.. it is not.. usual, to treat a slave kindly, miss," she explained, half expecting the girl to shrug and start beating her right there. She'd never done anything to deserve a beating before, so she was anxious about it.

Sam chuckled and shook his head, waving a hand at the space around them. " censorkip.gif man, you can spit, just not on me," he invited, sticking his hands in his pockets. The kid seemed pretty uptight and ready to blow, he noticed. Well, they would fix that sure enough. Sam had this habit of turning everyone around him into smart-asses too. "Yup, a ferrari is a car. A smokin' car, mind you. I could teach you to drive it, if you want, but then you'll have to drive me places," he said with a grin. "I'm Sam. Feel free to hate my guts behind my back- most people do. Now c'mon," he said, leading the way towards a parking lot. As he pressed a button on his keys, a hotrod red car flashed its lights and opened the doors butterfly style.

Arvel nodded, crossing his arms and shifting back and forth on his feet uneasily. Alright, so spitting on the guy was out of the question, which was pretty darn understandable. Not that understandable had ever been any of Arvel's concerns, and not that he'd ever cared about the rules, especially since his sister had died. Once she was gone, he couldn't see what made anyone better than anyone else. Was it really better to be a monster who got to do whatever he pleased or was it better to be a half-decent guy who had nothing?

"If you want me to drive, I'll learn to drive. Speaking of which, if you don't mind me asking, what work am I going to be stuck doing?" Arvel replied with a shrug, his head slightly ducked. He felt somewhat guilty for cutting to the chase and outright asking what was to be expected of him, but he honestly did want to know. He had no clue what was in store for him or if he would even be able to preform the tasks asked.

"Honestly, Sir, I hate most of your type. So if you're already expecting it, you're probably better off," he grumbled, trudging behind the man whom had introduced himself as Sam. A rather classic name, it was. They walked into a parking lot and strode passed a wide variety of cars. But there was one that stole the show: a sleek red car that was probably the most shiny thing he'd every seen and certainly the most beautiful. Arvel quickly drew in a deep breath. That vehicle was absolutely amazing. Its lights flashed and the doors slid open, but not in the way he expected them to at all. He stopped for a moment, then walked quickly forward and walked slowly around the car, careful to keep a two-foot distance from it at all times. He couldn't bear the though of scratching its slick surface.

"You'd let me drive this thing? Not sure if I could hate a man who'd let me do that."

Sam decided that getting the pole up this kid's butt to come out was going to be a long, arduous challenge. But it would be fun too, in a way. "Let's see, what will you be doing?" He wondered aloud, rubbing his chin as they walked. "Well, I need a wingman. Y'know, to pick up chicks. Give 'em the whole 'my master is so beautiful' speech. Scratch that- don't call me master. Or sir, I'm not sixty," he chuckled, sliding into the car easily and pulling his door shut. He patted the passenger's seat, inviting him to get in. He loved this car, it was his baby, but he wasn't afraid of people touching it. "Sure, I'd let you drive it. But you'd have to learn first," he replied, waiting for Arvel to get in. "Let's see.. I'd probably have you help me in Zelda Co-op, can't beat the stupid second boss alone," he said with a grumble, as though this annoyed him. "I dunno what else. Guess I'll think of it when I think of it. I'm not used to having someone to do stuff for me."

"So you bought yourself a friend, basically," Arvel said dryly, shaking his head. "I guess you did say that most people hated you. Thank you, though. This job? I-It's a lot better than what I used to do," he muttered, lifting his head back up to lock eyes with Sam. He was a little surprised that Sam hadn't known exactly what he'd wanted Arvel to do. After all, he'd bought Arvel, hadn't he? Who just bought slaves because they just wanted to? Someone lonely, he supposed. Could it be that a rich kid actually was just as alone as Arvel himself was? Perhaps this would work out, would be enjoyable even.

"A wingman? Sure. And no more Sir. Got it. Sorry," he apologized, looking at the passenger's seat as he was invited to sit down in it. He tentatively sat down beside Sam, holding himself rather stiffly. Sitting beside his owner? His last owner -Craig- would have killed him if he had done as such. Sniffing, he looked warily back at the other man.

"No. I couldn't drive this. This is your car. No way. And, uh, believe me when I say this, I'm fine with the whole thinking of it when you think of it arrangement. SOunds great to me."

Sam's expression faltered for a moment. Had he bought himself a friend? Tybalt was great, but he never saw him anymore. He was an only child, and no one liked his stupid jokes. "No problem," he finally answered, putting the car into drive. It purred as it came to life, driving smoothly as he pulled them out and into the street. He raised an eyebrow at the next comment, taking his eyes off the road to look at Arvel for a moment. "Okay, then we'll get you your own car. What're you into? Impalas? Mustangs? I can be lazy sometimes, and if you're gonna drive me, you gotta drive something," he intoned.

It seemed that Sam wasn't as invulnerable as he'd first appeared to be. In fact, he seemed exactly the opposite. It was clear that what Arvel had said had hurt, and that laced into what he said was probably some grain of truth.

"Look, don't read into what I said. I'm just an censorkip.gif*** who doesn't know anything. Besides, you seem like the exact kind of confident richie that would be popular," he apologized, looking at Sam with something of pity, which was rather ironic. He, a slave with nothing to his name, was sitting here holding pity for some rich kid who owned this car.

He suddenly heard the vehicle start and felt it rumble slightly underneath him. It was a slightly unnerving feeling because the thing that he was sitting on felt as if it were alive. And then it started moving. The solid seat he sat on was sitting still but moving past the world around him all the same. He was starting to feel nauseous. Inhaling and exhaling slowly, he nodded and looked back at Sam.

"I'd be glad to learn to drive you. I don't really know what kind of cars are even out there. I've never even been in a car before... as I'm sure you can notice," he replied weakly, wincing.

Sam kept his eyes on the road, swallowing hard though his expression remained neutral. "Whatever, don't worry about it," he mumbled, rubbing the side of the wheel. Him, popular? No not really. He wasnt sure why either; was he really that obnoxious? Maybe so. He was startled when he noticed how green Arvel was out of the corner of his eye, and quickly slowed down to pull over. "Hey man, are you gonna be okay?" He asked, turning over to look at him. "You don't have to drive if it makes you carsick."

"Hmm. Well they can just get over it. So we need milk, and some new clothes for you. " Dawn walked over to the car, a white Audi convertible. "Come along Rachel!" She buckled her seatbelt and put the key in the slot and turned it. The engine purred to life, and the radio flashed on. Softly, Dawn sung along to the song playing.

Rachel was slightly pink in the face, but followed nevertheless. She carefully got inside and buckled herself in, keepin her gaze on the road ahead. No one had ever offered to buy her something before. It wasnt that she was afraid of Dawn, she just knew her place. Head down, do your duties, speak when spoken to. She never overstepped her bounds.

(Accepted. Sorry, I have been busy. ANd I thought we were walking to the hospital... where the the door was opened so he could be let out...?)

"I don't want another slave. You're interrupting my favorite song list." Dawn shooed away a man that was advertising the Slave Market. Putting the car in reverse, she backed out, careful not to hit anyone. Then she switched the car to drive, and set off down the road. She then swerved out of the marketplace and set off down the interstate.

((Room for one more?))

Username: Starphyre77

Name: Ella

Class: Slave

Appearance: Ella is a 5’6”, 18 year old with red hair, blue eyes, and a somewhat slight build. Here and here

History: Ella never knew her father as he was sold before she and her twin brother were born, and her mother was sold when she was eight. Since then, her brother had been her only family, so when he was sold a few months ago, she was heartbroken. She has always been a house-slave, and most recently was the nanny for her owner’s three children. However, that changed when the Mistress caught the Master watching her. In a fit of jealousy, the Mistress beat Ella, cut off her hair and sold her.

Other: Since the sale of her brother, she has been having dreams – dangerous dreams – about finding him and running away together. Of course, doing so would be bad, and she would never entertain those thoughts while awake… At least, that’s what she keeps telling herself.

Edited by starphyre77

Rachel's gaze flickered to the man, but she quickly averted it again. It was like they were discussing cars or something. This here car, its strong and fast. It'll do some great work. Oh, you don't want that car. It's old, we expect it will die soon. Come, browse our cars! We've got a great sale today, and surely you could use another? but this was her place, and it was not in her to object or question. Silently she scolded herself for even thinking that way. She was the slave. She lived to serve. She was lucky not be beaten.

(Accepted)

Tybalt still sat and waited on a suitable slave. Others were being auctioned off, but he didn't quite care for those. He was waiting on one that was special. He didn't know which one yet, but it was coming...

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Why? It was the only thought on Ella’s mind as she sat in the cage waiting for her turn on the auction block. She had never been beaten before, and the worst part was that she didn’t even know what she had done to deserve it…let alone being sold. Shaking her head as she looked around her, the thought came to her that this could be the very same cage that held her brother not that long ago. She wondered if he had felt the same fear and loneliness that she was feeling, and her lip started to quiver.

No! She scolded herself. He would’ve been strong, and so will I. With that, she cautiously moved toward the front of the pen. She briefly scanned the crowd below without really paying any attention to them, and then her gaze went to the other holding pens. She knew it wasn’t likely, but what if her brother was in one of them. If only she could see him again…

((Wasn’t sure if I should put her on the block yet. Is there anyone ready for her? unsure.gif ))