lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Romero was in shock. "Wh-wha...?" He tried to reach over and pick up the key, but his broken arm shot through with pain. "I-I can't. Why are you freeing me? You don't want to experiment on me? Why did you pay so much then?"

Dawn stood still, careful to not move, lest the makeup smear. Should I really go to school today? No, don't want to. Hmmm. I'll have to ask Rachel. Dawn sneezed, her nose was tickled by the dust. "I'm sorry, Rachel. I didn't mean to.... but it still looks okay." She glanced in the mirror. Suprisingly, there was only a tiny smudge.

((Lycra are Dex and I accepted?))

Rachel drew back in surprise, then quickly got a small white pad and cleaned the smudge away. "No I'm sorry, it was my fault," she said quickly. It was easier to automatically accept the blame; she was a very meek person. She returned to applying the make up, being careful about not getting it near her nose.

Sam idled around the auction area, sort of bored. He was looking for a slave, but just couldn't choose. He probably didnt need one, but he had some money to throw around.

"No, it wasn't. I sneezed, Rachel. Also, do you think we should go to school today?" Feeling around on the desk, she grabbed her ring and put it on. The ring was very dear, it belonged to her mother. It was silver, and a sapphire was set into the center, small diamonds set around it.

Tybalt bumped into Sam. "My apologizes. Sam? Is that you?" He grinned. He and Sam used to play as children.

Sam staggered as he was bumped into. "Tybalt!" He exclaimed, his grin matching his old friend's. "Its been too long, man," he said.

Rachel didnt comment when she said it wasn't her fault, just finished what she was doing and leaned back to observe her work. "If you wish, Miss Dawn. Do you feel ill?" She asked concernedly.

"No, I just want to explore today." Opening her eyes, she noted that Rachel did very well. Collecting her shoes, she slid into them, soft padding comforting her feet. "Are you ready for a day on the town?"

It was disgusting, all of it. The people with their leering and hungry faces, ready to prey on some poor soul who was forced to walk up to the stand. The men and women who were up here in chains were often broken and beaten down, the life washed from their eyes and the scars that proved they'd seen enough pain for ten thousand lifetimes. There were some that treated their slaves with some amount of dignity, but it was those slaves that didn't usually end up here. After all, why would someone with half a heart bother to give up a human life to god-knows-who just for a few parr? Arvel himself was up here and one could say that he hadn't had a very kind master. No, he hadn't even had one that was remotely kind but such was life in this place; you were forced into a destiny on pure luck and in this case, it seemed he'd gotten the short end of the stick. Most everyone here was weak and tired and weary, including him. Their eyes were dull and glazed; some didn't even seem to see what was around them and they left Arvel to wonder how soon they'd be gone. In some ways he was lucky. He was a young man who still had some fight, mostly driven by grief, in him. His adrenaline kept him energized after his fight with his master and even though he had bruises to show it, he was able to keep his head held high and look each and every man and woman in the eye as he stood above them like a piece of meat. And that's really all he was, anyway, wasn't it? Narrowing his eyes, he glared darkly at the ground as he felt the metal around his wrists cut into his flesh as he was jerked forward and the auctioneer stood to rattle off facts about him like he was a prize bull.

Rachel stepped back and dipped her head. "I just need a moment to wash up, please," she replied, looking down at her shoes. If she was told no, she would just go like this. She wasn't allowed to look prettier than her anyway, so no make up or nice outfits. She could at least change out of these rags.

Sam nudged him with a grin. "Buying. I've decided I'm tired of tying my own shoes," he joked. When the next slave was brought up, he raised a hand. "10 Parr," he nodded lazily.

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

"You may." Turning, Dawn walked up to the window. "You could tie your hair back. It looks prettier that way." She glanced out the window into the streets. Today was Slave Market Day.

(Romero got taken to a REALLY nice owner, and Tybalt ran into Sam. Dawn and Rachel are still getting ready.)

Sam stuck his tongue out childishly at Tybalt. "13," he bid again, rolling his eyes.

Rachel murmured a silent 'thank you' and backed out of the room. She went to her own small space and quickly changed into a simply shirt and pants, glancing in the cracked mirror she had found one day. She hesitated before reaching for a length of ribbon. She had said she could tie her hair back.. The brunette put up her hair in a simple pony tail with the ribbon, then quickly returned to her master. "Are you ready, Miss Dawn?"

"Yes, let's go." She walked out of her bedroom and walked down the spiral staircase. SHe then opened the large french doors and stepped outside, the rays of the Sun hitting the sidewalk. "Ooh. Rachel? Come on, we're checking out the market today." A small boy ran down the street and fell, skinning his knees.

Rachel followed at her heels obediently. This was her life, she had to accept it. Revolt had never occurred to her before; she would just do what she was told and speak when spoken to. When a little boy fell in the street, her eyes widened slightly, but she stayed put. She could not leave Dawn's side, not without risking punishment.

"Oh. Are you okay?" Dawn hurried over to the boy in the street and helped him up. "Please be okay." Noting Rachel, she motioned for her to bend down. "Could you get some bandages? Yes, I give you permission." She helped the little boy up and checked his knees.

Rachel bent over to listen, then nodded curtly. "Right away, Miss," she replied, and hurried back into the house. She returned with several bandages as well as disinfectant spray, crouching beside the little boy. "This will sting," she warned, spraying a little on the scrapes. Then she blew on them, as her mother once blew on her scrapes. It helped to stop the stinging she knew, the cool air. Then she began to bandage him up.

Joules looked at the psudo-slave.

"I do stupid things when I'm full of emotion.

Disgusted by the way the people treated you.

Angry with the deal of slaves.

Saddened..."

He looked down. There was a pause.

"My brother. His name was Romero. Something just connected when I heard you up there."

He looked back at Romero. His arm was bad. Very bad.

"Hmm... I wonder if the hospital will fix slaves; here, let me help you up." He stepped a little closer and stretched out his hand.

((Anyone need a slave? I am willing to make a second character.))

Edited by thegreenrobby

Romero gave him his hand, but really was hurting. His wing sent pulses of pain down his arm, and his arm only intensified the pain. "Why are you helping me?"

"Because slavery," he started, giving a pull to help up the winged person, "Is just wrong. And nobody seems to notice it."

It wasn't until then he realized the severity of the arm. Most likely broken. As for the wing, he didn't know. "Woah, it's worse than I thought at first. Stay here." He ran up the stairs into another room. Soon, he came back with a small blanket.

A fold here,

A fold there,

tuck in in here...

"This may hurt a little..."

He wrapped the blanket around in different sections of the arm. Soon, he had a makeshift sling wrapped around the arm. It was a bit awkward, considering the shackle around the wrist, but it still did the job.

"Thank you, 6 years of Scout experience!" he congratulated himself. "Let's get to the hospital." He stepped back through the door (Which he had forgotten to close in the first place) and notioned for him to come.

"Be glad that the hospital is so close."

Romero helped a little as he tightened it, but nodded. He was grateful. "Th-thank you... What will they do to me there?" He was afraid, having never been to a formal healer before.