sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

It's just really not the time to be trading for shimmers yet. I still remember last year when I first got my tinsel in March 2010 and the subsequent market dilution and fall. Unless they are 2nd gen there *may* be a lot of regret around the forums soon.

Edited by DarkEternity

It's just really not the time to be trading for shimmers yet. I still remember last year when I first got my tinsel in March 2010 and the subsequent market dilution and fall. Unless they are 2nd gen.

Unless you intend to take advantage of the market while it's good now and turn around and do some trades of your own when you have a shimmer.

Seems logical anyway x//3

Yes, well it is definitely the shimmer swaps which are the most illogical, lol. Putting all your eggs in one basket can only end in tears...

Edited by DarkEternity

It's just really not the time to be trading for shimmers yet. I still remember last year when I first got my tinsel in March 2010 and the subsequent market dilution and fall. Unless they are 2nd gen there *may* be a lot of regret around the forums soon.

That...does make a lot of sense! I perhaps should keep my CB metals and wait until Shimmers are like tinsels, dropping in the AP. laugh.gif

Then those folks wanting 10 CB metals for a 5th gen Silver Shimmer will feel silly asking for that again.

I only offered a CB metal on the silver because, it's such a beautiful lineage. I should look into seeing if there are any lower gens available anywhere, but otherwise I have to agree. When I can fish low gen tinsels out of the AP, won't that be where shimmers eventually end up?

It is hard not to give into the 'but I want it now' urge, though I do try to remind myself that I have some coming xd.png

I only offered a CB metal on the silver because, it's such a beautiful lineage. I should look into seeing if there are any lower gens available anywhere, but otherwise I have to agree. When I can fish low gen tinsels out of the AP, won't that be where shimmers eventually end up?

It is hard not to give into the 'but I want it now' urge, though I do try to remind myself that I have some coming xd.png

Yeah. That is true. Silver Shimmers are just my favorites, and it really hurt to have such an awesome trade (in my eyes, anyway) turned down. Its up to the traders, though, I accept that. If they don't want multiple CB metals, CB Trios, CB Stripes, CB Blacks (ALL of them! Not just a few) that's their choice. Sucks, but maybe I will get lucky some other time and find someone nice who is willing to trade me a 5th gen (or higher) Silver Shimmer in exchange for all those hatchlings. sad.gif

Thanks arlymaye for the chance - even when I could not participate because I was asleep. wink.gif

Thanks arlymaye for the chance - even when I could not participate because I was asleep.  wink.gif

You had no chance. I offered everything on my scroll and still got turned down. I was polite as can be too. It really hurt that she didn't even reply when I apologized, too. Oh well. Some people will be that way. I just try to reply to all my PMs.

I cannot WAIT until the Shimmer price goes down. I'm practically shaking with anger at all the people who get Shimmers for free, like arly who seems to have 10 of them. laugh.gif

(that was a joke, in case you don't know, those who get them free are just lucky!)

My offer of 3 CB metals and everything else on my scroll (PM to see) still stands for any Silver Shimmer. ANY lineage and gen. Literally ANY! laugh.gif

Oh, the other stuff on my scroll is mostly rares, including two 3rd gen tinsels and a 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer.

Edited by Voardrem

You had no chance. I offered everything on my scroll and still got turned down. I was polite as can be too. It really hurt that she didn't even reply when I apologized, too. Oh well. Some people will be that way. I just try to reply to all my PMs.

I cannot WAIT until the Shimmer price goes down. I'm practically shaking with anger at all the people who get Shimmers for free, like arly who seems to have 10 of them. laugh.gif

(that was a joke, in case you don't know, those who get them free are just lucky!)

My offer of 3 CB metals and everything else on my scroll (PM to see) still stands for any Silver Shimmer. ANY lineage and gen. Literally ANY! laugh.gif

Oh, the other stuff on my scroll is mostly rares, including two 3rd gen tinsels and a 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer.

everyone had a chance

... arlymaye choose to be extremely generous which means those who couldn't afford a cb metal payout had a better chance of getting a shimmer. It was a shimmer there were going to be alot.png of people offering on the trade and in pm. Everybody had a decent chance of getting selected...

Congrats to the new shimmer owner

I'm sorry if I'm getting a little bit off topic.

Edited by QAndais

I am not sure if I should reply here but I guess I will and if I get a warn for it, then so be it.

To Voardrem : My PM box was bombarded with PMs and I haven't got a chance to even read it yet. If you track messages, take a look at the timestamp. I just realize I have more unread PMs and when I saw your post, I got to reading it right away and replied.

To your question about what is a reasonable trade? There is no set answers. It depends on who is offering the shimmer. I had offers containing 3 cb metals. I declined because I don't think it's worth the price to pay for a 5th gen shimmer and also because I do not need CB Metals. I accepted a 2nd gen silver with a lovely lineage and 3 low time CB Trios hatchies - just perfect so I won't get scroll locked.

That was the outcome of the trade. Prolly this tells everyone that every trader is different. The sentiment that one has to offer a bunch of CB Metals to get a shimmer is just false. Other traders might jump at the chance, others might not. I did not.

You'll see that arlymaye has personally responded to your thoughts, Voardrem.

It would seem, perhaps, it's not that you're underoffering, just that you're not offering the right things (and perhaps are even overoffering). Keep in mind that shimmers are still fairly new. They will be spreading around DC more and more as time continues. You'll have more chances to trade for that shimmer you want. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Voardem: I contaced arlymaye earlier yesterday (for me it was yesterday) when her shimmerscale was still a hatchling to request about trade options. I got a very kind answer and she told me that if she decided to trade the offspring she would do so through trading thread.

I guess she didn't respond right away to your pm because she got so many pm's. Like she stated in her last post.

I can understand that you're disappointed. There are people (who seem to) getting one shimmerscale after another and others - like us wink.gif - who have none...yet. But I'm still confident that we'll get our chance too.

noooooo ;;

my second bronze shimmer gendered female

what am i going to dooo? i can't break the line. ;;

i am distressed

noooooo ;;

i am distressed

Trade it or Shimmer swap it? There are some people that love spirals.

noooooo ;;

i am distressed

Oh no! >.< it was influenced too? That really sucks... sad.gif Well, maybe you could breed it with another 4th gen male stair and make a near sort of arrow lineage? Even if you breed it with a different mate im sure you could still get nice offers for it since everyone wants one :3

But im sorry that happened! sad.gif *happy hug and gives cookies*

Thanks guys. I'm sure there are things I can do with it.

And there are people out there who don't care what the lineage looks like as long as it's clean.

What can I breed it to that would look good with bronze shimmer x female hellfire?

Edited by Wolfsong442

Maybe male blusang, moonstone or tri-horn?

Edited by counselor

And there are people out there who don't care what the lineage looks like as long as it's clean.

What can I breed it to that would look good with bronze shimmer x female hellfire?

You could eventually trade for a 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer/Male Hellfire and then breed yourself a 4th gen and gender it wrong on purpose so that the two fit together. It'd be quite striking, IMO.

I love arrowheads like that, gendering another shimmer incorrectly is definitely a good way to go, and the hellfire's would be red on the top of the arrowhead to boot. So beautiful! I enjoyed it done with silver tinsels x nebulas.

*sneaks in*

Maybe a blue neb, or moonstone? Could go total opposite and use male hellfires.

Thunder could be an interesting mix as well since it has the blue and the lightning bolts lean towards the shimmer's colors.

Probably not the best suggestions, I hope it's ok to try and help though. I'm sure you'll find something that will look great. smile.gif

bed time for me. ninja.gif

*pats wolfsong* D: *hits stupid dragon*

You need to whack your hatchling. ;-;

Shame on you! That's violence against magical creatures, prohibited by laws!

*pats wolfsong* D: *hits stupid dragon*

You need to whack your hatchling. ;-;

I DO.

I don't think she'll like me too much. She might even refuse to make babies.

And I'm sure I can make something pretty with her. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Well, you could always just use male hellfire and others could just pick up the line and make it rotate from male to female every 3 generations o: or id be happy to help breed you something as a mate for making a reverse arrow, i have something already in mind xd.png