chicbecause

Suicide Mission

"We have do have a plan." Crescent replied, "We have a way of travelling between dimensions - we have also determined the existence of an energy source called Ka that is consistent across these dimensions. Harvesting enough of the Ka will give us the edge we need against the incoming fleet."

She paused at this point, knowing the next part was going to be the hardest to swallow.

"The only problem with harvesting Ka is that it exists within the alternate dimensional versions of ourselves. The only way to gain that Ka is to kill ourselves - our other selves that is."

Edited by Takhesis

"Necro, shut up. You lower the IQ of the whole base." Seraphim said. Suddenly the large screen on the head wall flickered on. On it was the boss.

"Today you will be transported to dimension 2, were you will carry out your main objective; Eliminate your other selves and claim their ka. I am unable to debrief you personally so I have had the mission files delivered to your personal quarters. I want to be informed as soon as those files are read. Dismissed." The screen went black again.

Seraphim went to her room, finding a file she opened it.

'Codename: Deathnote

Objective status: Completed

Alternative assignment: Training

Trainee: Cody Fallows'

"What!? I'm stuck as a baby-sitter?" Deathnote yelled, throwing the file against the wall.

Edited by chicbecause

The screen announcement did cut any further questions off.

Crescent seemed a little disconcerted about the interruption, but couldn't really complain. She would guess that the mass of questions that usually followed her assertion you had to kill yourself would give her a headache - if not trigger one of her sensory overload fits.

She could see her brother gearing up for one of his 'I can't believe ....' ranting moments, but as far as she was concerned her part of the briefing was over.

She took the time to say:

"Another more qualified member will be here shortly to start the orientation."

Then she headed out the door for her quarters.

Cody followed the plan up until the girl told them how to harvest Ka. Though before he could ask anymore questions the screen above them flickered on showing for a brief time the commander or so he assumed. The person on the screen quickly told them their objective and that they'd find their files in their rooms. The screen went blank again and most left the room except Cody who had stopped spinning his knife by now. Though soon he too followed the others and was directed by staff to his quarters which to say wasn't much other then a bed, dresser, and desk. His things had been brought to the room placed neatly on his desk along with a file for the mission.

Codename: 327

Objective: Combat training

Trainer: codename Deathnote

Report to the training hall for further instructions.

"Like I said just another number" Cody spat.

Making sure all his stuff was there he stuck his knives on his belt and exited the room. He decided to take it slow getting a feel for the place not really caring about the training but soon he found himself at the hall. Shrugging he entered the training hall ready to release a bit of anger. However his wounds would still hinder his attempt at a good solid fight.

"Crappy swords" he mumbled.

Deathnote walked to the training hall, not feeling like flying at the moment. Pushing open the doors she walked over to Cody.

"Rule number one: I don't like wasting my words so listen good, 'cause I'm not gonna repeat anything I say." She said.

She tapped a keypad on the wall and targets emerged from the floor on the opposite side of the large room.

"Hit. The. Targets." Seraphim commanded, gesturing to the shelf that came out of the wall. The racks of the shelves were lined with knives.

Mel walked to her room and sat on the bed. She reached over to her desk and opened the file.

codename: Caramel

objective status: Complete.

alternative assignment:

trainee: Alexander Days.

Mel smiled to herself. She got to train Alexander. That should be easy enough. He was rather well- behaved, and was her recruit anyways. She decided to change her assignment by just a little, she didn’t know if it was allowed but the change was hardly worth any fuss. She decided to just train outside today.

---

(I know our recruits [besides LD] are supposed to be NPCs, but I would like to keep Alexander, so is it okay if I just use Alexander much like another character?)

Alexander walked to his room. He found a file on his desk. With curiosity he opened it, and read the contents. “So Caramel is her code name?” He thought. “Well I guess I go and find her…” He thought.

---

Mel roamed the hallways. “Alexander! Alexander?” She asked in a hushed whisper. She turned into a room to see him standing there looking confused. He turned around. “O-oh, hi. I was looking for you.”

Mel nodded. “I know. Come on, training is going to be outside today.” She flicking her head to the side as a gesture for him to follow her.

Crescent got back to her room - after pointing her brother towards his.

Picking up her mission file, she wasn't surprised to find that she was due to depart.

Codename:Crescent

Objective: Kill Alternate Igraine Matthews DW2.

Status of objective: pending result

-----------------

Arthur got to his room and found a manilla folder on his desk as well. Not liking the situation he and his sister were in, he was wary of reading it.

Mission: Orientational Training, room 1502

Report immediately for physical check up and Ka aptitude testing.

He sighed and walked slowly along the corridors looking for room 1502 - presumably somewhere in the Medical section considering the first part.

Deathnote entered shortly after Cody slight annoyance in her voice as she told him what to do. Smiling he picked out a knife from his belt testing it before spinning around and nailing the closest target square in the middle. It wasn't long before he had hit all the targets dead on though now he was out of the weapon and had to use the knives provided. He walked over and picked one off the rack feeling that it was a little heavier then his which would affect his aim slightly.

"Next challenge" he replied to Deathnote restocked on his choose of weapons.

Seraphim blew one out of many whisps of hair out of her face, getting a better veiw of the boy before her. She walked over to him, taking his throwing arm and positioning it so his hand was held even with his opposite shoulder.

"Your throw is awkward. Don't swing the knives over your shoulder when you throw. It gives them to much spin and decreases the speed." She said.

She demonstrated, crossing her arms in an 'X', with her hands even with the opposite shoulder. Purple knives formed in the gaps between her fingers. She threw them all at once, each of them sliced straight through the knives he had thrown and into their target.

"Try again." She ordered, pressing a different button on the keypad causing new targets to replace the old.

Moka leaned back, grinning on how SHE lowered the IQ of the whole base. And now Cody was getting on her back? He was getting cleanup duty for a year. Sighing, she jumped off the ledge and picked up a mission file, glanced over it, and ripped it in half. "Don't have time for this. I'll piece it together later." She laid her scythe across her shoulders and walked out, and stopped at the kitchen.

Cody never did like to be corrected for anything he did but there was no use in arguing as she repositioned his hand. She then proceeded to cross her hands creating purple colored knives before throwing them all at the targets destroying his knives in the process.

"My knives" he exclaimed.

He was amazed by her ability to form and accurately throw the knives but he was more then bitter about his being cut in half. Mumbling to himself Cody took two of the knives provided and hurled them together at the new targets. But with his throwing style fixed and new blades his aim was off by a lot.

"user posted image" he cursed sending another pair, in anger, at the targets causing them to be way off.

Seeing as his temper wasn't improving anything Cody stopped for a minute to breath before starting again. After the break his aim was much better but the heaviness of the new knives dropped his accuracy and it took him a few more throws to adjust for the drop.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

Mia opened up the folder as soon as she got it. She knew that this next assignment could either make her day or ruin it. The chance of getting a better mood for the rest of the day wasn't something she was about to pass up.

'Codename: Synth

Objective status: Completed

Alternative assignment: Training

Trainee: Sora Dent'

"Well. I guess today was just destined to be a horrible day," she muttered to herself. Of course she had to train somebody. And of course that "somebody" had to be the single most annoying recruit there. Then again, she did recruit him. If he had actually shown up to the meeting, she might not have been so ticked off. Now she had to actually find him and get him to train.

~~

'Codename: Booker

Objective: Assist Combat team in DW2

Objective Status: Pending result'

Frank sighed a bit when he read his mission. He only had two more suicides and now he was being sent on the busying missions just to keep him from going insane on them. Why they even cared was beyond him, though.

Mel walked opened the door to behind the building. It was fenced off from the rest of the world, but had plenty of room to train in. It was grassy, and warm.

“Okay, you don’t have any Ka yet so you have to find some use in a weapon. Any experience with weaponry?” Mel asked. Alexander shook his head. Mel thought about it for a while, he looked physically weak. “How mentally strong are you?” Mel asked.

“I have an IQ of 140.” He answered. He was a genius!

“What? I know mathematicians who don’t have a score of that high!” Mel complained. Alexander was rather shy about the subject. “I try not to show it.”

“You should, if you told me this earlier I could have found something much more your level.”

“You never asked…”

Mel thought a second longer. “If you could have any power, what would it be?”

“I always liked the idea of arcane powers. Like Magic.”

“Alright, but what kind? Like elemental magic?”

Alexander shook his head. “More along the lines of arcane knowledge and power.”

Mel ran inside and grabbed a staff. It had engravings of it. She ran back outside. “It’s not magical, but once you get Ka, you might be able to enchant this.” Mel said. Alexander looked at the staff. “Okay, but I still need a weapon of use for a battle. Sure, I can block weaker blows with that, but besides that it’s just a stick.”

“Hm, you need a weapon without too much weight, let me go look.” Mel said running back inside.

Edited by Shyrus

Mercury waved to her two recruits. "I gotta go now. Try to stay out of trouble."

She went back to her room and looked at her file.

Codename: Mercury Lampe

Objective: Kill Alternate Belladona DW2.

Status of objective: pending result

((A meeting was called, Igraine explained the situation, and everyone's getting their assignments. Synth was assigned to train Sora. Nearly everyone else is waiting for the next suicide mission.))

[Okay.]

"Looks like we're stuck together Sweetheart." Sora said, leaning on Synth's head. "What do we cover first? Dismemberment? Or should we start with breaking an entering?" He added in, just to poke fun at the organization a little bit.

Raven actually woke up after the announcements. "Wad am I doin' ?" She mumbled. she really had no clue. Far as she was concerned, she had no assignment. "Stuff goin; on?" She stood and tried to look as though she was trying to pay attention to what was going on.

Mia bit her lip to keep herself from going insane. She'd definitely have to learn to deal with this type of stuff. She smiled, though, knowing she had a chance to hurt him now. In a matter of seconds after Sora spoke, Mia flipped him onto the ground and put a foot onto his chest. "How 'bout we start with teaching you not to touch me in any way?" She lifted her foot up, stepped away a little, and offered a hand to help him up.

"Trust me, lesson learned." Sora said from the floor. He took the hand, standing up and brushing off the dirt. "But doesn't this count as touching? You grabbing my hand and pulling me up?" He asked, curious. Then he rapidly let go, expecting another attack.

"True, but this is me offering it. I offer a helping hand, you can take it, but don't ever ask," Mia smirked as Sora pulled his hand away hastily. Trainees were only fun when you were freaking them out. She crossed her arms. "Alright, let's go to the training hall. Then I'll pretty much be able to assess possible ka development and other fancy government things."

((Just because I have no clue what my other NPC recruit is doing..... I'm assuming Raven woke up in the briefing room))

"I'm guessing training for the newbies.... where ever that is. As for the current members - the bossman said something about mission files being in quarters..."

He looked as confused as anyone who knew the answer could look, but that may have had something to do with Igraine's earlier speech.

Mel ran back outside. "Okay, I think I have something for you." She said. She pulled out from behind her back a small package and a blowgun.

"How do you feel about this?" she asked. "Just until you get some Ka." Mel gave him the package of darts, and the blowgun.

"Well, I suppose. It doesn't require any strength, so I guess that's what I’ll have to do. But i need to practice."

"Of course!" Mel said. She looked around the yard. "Try that tree over there."

The tree stood about ten yards away. Alexander took his first shot, and missed, accidently hitting a squirrel and killing it.

"What are in these darts?!" He asked.

"Poison, I think. But it's only for paralyzes. Unless it's something small, like the squirrel you just shot."

"But, that means once I get the person I have to use my hands to finish the job."

"Here" Mel said giving him a dagger, which was on her belt. "Just use this."

Alexander paled. "I don't want to do this!"

"Uh... lead the way ma'am." Sora said, bowing and waving his hand over. "Just lead the way and I promise to try and contain my comments. It will be extremely hard to though, a lovely lady such as yourself." He knew he was going to be hit, but it would be worth it. The girl clearly needed to know how beautiful she was. One comment a day should do it. Unless this girl decided that would warrant her breaking his bones...

"Thanks." Raven said, standing up, stretching, and sitting back down. "They'll let me know where I'm gonn' be." She mumbled as an excuse. She didn't really care, honestly.

[What should be in her file, both recruits were NPCs...]

((It depends - if she has already killed 2 or more of her alt selves Raven is probably going to be on training duty. If not she has the mission to kill version 2 of herself.))