chicbecause

Suicide Mission

((My character's gotten both recruits...now what? Do I just wait?))

((Shall we say that between Raven and Crescent the recruit is taken - albeit reluctantly? 2 vs 1 does give them an advantage - especially if the recruit failed to notice Raven behind.))

[sure]

"Sure, sounds good." Sora said, following behind Mia and smiling. He didn't really think he'd get that far, flirting with her. He just thought he'd do what he did with every other woman who came across his doorstep. It was how he was expected to act, childish and whimsical. All rich kids act like that, don't they?

[it does cut down on the waiting for the ones that already have their 2 xd.png]

While Crescent was speaking to Katrina, Raven got into position behind. Katrina still seemed suspicious and hostile to Crescent's little tale weaving. Which meant plan 2 - use of force by both.

Once subdued, Katrina was taken off to the waiting transport.

Once done, Crescent and Raven parted ways... Crescent to convince her brother, Raven to where ever her next target was.

Nick finally reached the house of the young girl, spotting her open window. He jumped over the fence with the help of a nearby tree, then used his stamina and the first floor's ledge to grab on and fling himself up to the second floor's window. Gripping on the ledge, he pulled himself in, sptting the young girl. She was teary-eyed, and was just writing a note. Turning back to Nick, she almost went to cry loudly, but he hugged her after kneeling in front of her. "Shh... shh... it's okay. Mommy and Daddy will know you went to a better place." Frost spoke, slightly mentioning that a forgetting-agent would be used on the people so the memory of the girl didn't exist and the room would be fixed by a company to look just like from their own house.

After the young girl calmed down, Frost got up and patted her head. "So, Jasmine... ready to go?" He asked, recalling the name of the girl from the file. She nodded in response and placed the note on the table. This note would be gotten rid of from the agency and all the memories for the girl as well, so they would not remember. Both of them climbed down from the open window and they soon reached the bank. Nick let the girl climb into the car. "I'm done with both as well..." Frost spoke, remembering something. "Both teams, full report!"

Crescent called in her report to Frost.

"Successfully assisted Raven with her reluctant recruit - just about to enter my brother's workplace to convince him to join. A paid early lunch should ease that process." She paused, before asking, "Think it would be too cheeky to charge it to the work expense account?"

In effect Igraine was asking for permission to use funds set aside for work-related costs to buy her brother lunch while convincing him to sign up to the project. The lunch would be out of her own pocket if permission was denied.

((Generally - its fine as long as the receipt is kept. And as long as the costs aren't ridiculous - so no going to the most expensive restaurant xd.png))

Raven went to the next house, gave the man a smile, them chloroformed him. She started to drag the man back, letting him drag along the floor as she walked back. Then Frost blasted an order over the comm. "Bringing back my second recruit. May be unconscious, but he's still in one piece right now." Raven replied, trying to make it sound like she didn't hurt anyone. "He'll be all right in an hour or two..."

Frost smiled as he heard Crescent through the comlink. He heard her words and slightly nodded to himself, contacting HQ and speaking with them. He had to find if they would approve of something like this. "HQ, I'm requesting 200 dollars funding for Crescent's recruiting quest. Please add it to her account." He spoke, listening back. "Roger, Frost, we're sending codename Crescent some money." Someone answered back, making Frost smile as he activated his commlink to answer Crescent. "Roger, agent Crescent, the money has been added to your bank account. Have fun!" Frost said, smiling as he waited for the others' answer.

"Thanks Frost." Crescent replied, "I'll make sure that HQ gets the receipt for their own records too." She cut the link - leaving it open if she needed to request assistance, but it wasn't blaring out on all channels.

Convincing her brother to take an early lunch was easy... the next part - convincing him to join the project wouldn't be.

The first part of lunch was used in small talk - Igraine asking how his family were, and Arthur in turn asking if she'd got herself hooked up yet. Then it turned to work, Arthur telling her off for missing her niece's birthdays and being out of touch etc. He wanted to know what work she was doing that was so important that she couldn't take time out for things like that.

Perfect opener - she tried not to mention the word military as she explained it in vague terms, simply as she knew that would make him clam up immediately.

"Of course, you have a chance to find out for yourself what I do."

Arthur:"So what? This lunch wasn't to just to catch up with family?! Seems like a trick the Military would play to hook recruits." His disgust showed with the way he spoke the word, military, as if it was some sort of curse.

Igraine tried to hide the wince, but Arthur knew her too well. He knew he'd hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Arthur: "I can't believe you would work for them after what happened with mum..."

Igraine: "I have to... its complicated to explain."

Arthur: "There can be no explanation for working with them.." He started to get up to leave.

Igraine bit her lip, before playing the last card she could....

"What if the reason was to keep my nieces safe?"

That made him pause....

"Did the PTB threaten' to hurt them if you didn't 'cooperate'?!?"

"Not exactly." Igraine answered slowly, "As I said its complicated..." She then mentioned the approaching alien race... the public were aware of what the main detection systems knew. But what the general public didn't know was the communication signals had been translated.

"Those that are approaching do not know the meaning of the words: peace or mercy. They intend to eradicate all life on this planet - including children." She looked at Arthur directly in the eyes,

"As a father - wouldn't you defend your daughters by any means necessary?" It was a low blow, but effective... Arthur was still reluctant to have any connection to the military - but in this case was the lesser of two evils.

"Alright. I'll go to the HQ with you, find out what the whole secrecy thing is about. I'll just have to tell my boss I'm taking a personal leave."

----------*enough time for lunch to pass later*--------

While Arthur was speaking to his boss about leave, Igraine waited outside the office looking rather downcast. She had effectively blackmailed her brother into joining, and she felt horrible about it.

Over comlink: to Frost "Crescent here. Second recruit confirmed. Assuming no further hiccups I'll see everyone back at base."

[someone give me a violent hiccup, kinda want Arthur to go into Protective Big Brother mode - he's more likely to stick around after that.]

"Got both my recruits, heading back now," Mia said into the comlink. She led him to the car and opened the passenger seat door, went around, and sat in the driver's seat. The female recruit reluctantly climbed in back and she waited for Sora to get in before she drove.

((Short post...))

[Man that took me longer to read then i thought and thanks for the invite Shyrus. I guess i can be a new recruit if that fits me into the story.]

User: LD

Name: Cody fallows

Codename: [soon to be 327]

Sex: Male

Appearance: Cody (No sword and a blue hoodie instead of the body armor.)

History: He doesn’t like to talk about it but if you can get him to he can be very open to the right person. Mostly that he grew up in a rather normal house but life changes without warning.

How many suicides have you committed?: none possible recruit.

Skills: Sneakiness, near perfect aim with kunai knives

Strengths: (Up to four) intelligence, and a good tolerance of pain.

Weakness: (At least as many as your strengths) Even though his antisocial personality doesn’t show it he is very emotional when it comes to killing other versions of himself and will often show it later when he is alone, the fear of drastic heights and large amounts of fire.

Dislikes: Light, noisy people, unemotional people who don’t care (kind of hypocritical but aren't we all.)

Notice: even though he's not rather talkative he will make jokes from time to time.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

(Making a post just to let you all know that i haven't disapeared. I'm still waiting since i have both my recruits too. And no problem LD. biggrin.gif )

[People are getting their recruits, Ingraine had lunch with her brother, Raven chloroformed her other recruit, and Frost is helping Necromancer...]

Mercury rolled her eyes and said into her comlink, "I got both of my recruits."

[Also Igraine emotionally blackmailed her brother into joining... that will probably bite her in the butt later.]

(Okay, LD needs a way in. So i'm going to trade in Jen as a recruit. So pretend i never got Jen... i never liked her anyways. xd.png I hated my own character. And as far as recaps go, Mel just got her /first/ recruit and is about to go get her second.)

Mel told Alexander where to go. She told him to just stay in the main room until he was given further instructions, or she came back for him. He seemed trustworthy enough to leave alone. He really couldn't do much if he tried anyways. Mel waved goodbye before leaving the room. She checked the second file she was given.

"Cody Fallows." Mel read. She looked at the photo and address. He wasn't too far either. As a matter of fact only about a five minute walk. Mel walked outside and grabbed her bike. Even with the short walk, she wanted to get this done quickly. That meant more time for training, and such. She got on her bike and started down the street.

---

She slowed down on her bike and looked at the house. She looked at the folder to make sure she had the right address. She kept her sword by her side-sheath and hopped off her bike. She walked to the front door and knocked.

[Thanks Shyrus.]

The day so far wasn't to bad for Cody he had finally beaten a level he had been stuck on for a while. Though even with that accomplished he felt like taking a break and enjoying some target practice even in the day. He always did like night training better but he might as well get some in though he still stayed closer to the shade. Taking a knife he flung it at one of the four trees planted along the house hitting a tad left of his intended target.

A knock caught his attention and he quickly retrieved his knife from the tree. Sneaking around front he found a girl on the porch.

"You won't find anyone home" he called.

He wondered if this was the government coming to take him like his sister so many years ago seeing as she had a good size blade by her side.

Mel waited at the front porch for someone to answer the door. Instead of someone opening the door however someone yelled from the inside, telling her no one would be home. She sighed, knowing fully that this would happen many times but she still found that it irked her. Instead of knocking again she raised her voice a little so Cody- or whoever yelled before- could hear her.

"I'm sorry but i am not permitted to leave without someone named 'Cody'. He's been recruited...."

Mel stayed silent for a second before speaking again. "If you cooperate this won't take long at all." She said as if the problem was time.

(No problem.)

[i was actually outside haha sorry if that wasn't clear.]

"Who are you yelling at" Cody said walking up behind her. "Recruited eh, and if i don't feel like cooperating?"

He fiddled with one of his knives spinning it around his index finger testing the weight. Once he was bored with that he began to study the girl more closely. She didn't seem any older then himself but looks were deceiving and he wondered how good she was with the sword.

(Before i reply i'm going to wait for others to post. That way they don't have as much to read up on when they come back. smile.gif )

[Waiting for my next assignment, I think Raven's already back at base.]

((OK, so after we get our recruits, we just head back on our own?))

((Yeah, I think so. Mia and Booker are already at HQ, so I'm just waitin' for the next assignment.))

((Got it. Thanks!)) Mercury called to her two recruits, "Hey guys, we're going back!" They ran out and followed her onto the street. Adrian started floating again, and Mercury spread her wings.

The other recruit frowned. "What about me?"

Adrian grabbed his right arm and said, "We'll fly you back. Don't worry!"

Mercury grabbed his other arm and together they flew him back to base. By the time they landed, the two fliers were feeling exhausted. "You're heavy!" Adrian whined.