chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Adrian immediately paled. "T-Torture?"

The other recruit, whose name was Sam, just shrugged. "Hasn't it ocuured to you that they might be joking?"

"No, joke. Ask anyone. Some might even show you their scars." Deathnote said, snuffing out the cigarette she had been smoking. She peered at the two boys from behind her wall of hair, almost laughing at their expressions.

Sam paled as well. Adrian, on the other hand, grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him. "See? I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this!"

"Hey, Lampe. How many times do you think they'll get hit before they crack?" she asked, clearly getting enjoyment out of this, even though her face was covered.

Mercury was barely holding in her laughter. "I don't know, Note," she managed to choke out before she burst out laughing.

Deathnote allowed herself a chuckle, which was extremely rare. If she had burst out laughing like Mercury, she would have been deemed insane.

Mia found herself passed out at a table in the cafeteria. She lifted er head and sighed. It only figured that she would fall asleep again, since she'd been so exhausted from not sleeping and having to run around and find people. Plus, she'd had to deal with Sir Flirty Rich Boy Sora. That would have made anyone insane if they were in her position. People just didn't flirt with her. It was simply not allowed. If you wanted to compliment Synth, you didn't go for looks. In fact, you didn't go for personality either. The only compliments she ever accepted were from adoptive parents. That was only because they didn't mean anything to her. "You're so pretty!" "Any boy would be lucky to even hang out with you!" It all made her sick. Guys in general made her sick. First there was this Booker guy who was clearly trying to impress her, then it was Sora who was just annoying as censorkip.gif.

Frank had gone immediately into his room when he got back. He just didn't want to take the chance of running into Synth. She was likely ticked off, since she seemed to be one of those people who wasn't too into recruitment missions or being leader. Running into a person who already doubted your justification for existing while they're ticked off is just not a good thing. He figured he'd wait for her to cool down a bit before he continued to try to make her realize he wasn't a waste of space.

Frost dashed as fast as he could, spotting code Caramel fighting the strange guy. Whoever he was, he was skilled with knives. A lot, in fact. His legs boosted him even faster so no casualties or fatal wounds could be confirmed and he felt his leader instinct kick in right there and then. He stopped the ice under his feet and instead focused on something else. Suddenly, spikes rose around Cody, blocking his movement and kind of stopping him from attacking. "STOP AT ONCE!" Frost stopped next to him, watching him through the ice. "You may not want to come, but it's no reason for you to kill another human being!" He yelled at him, then turned back to Caramel. "Oh lord. Are you fine?" Frost siad, ducking down as he watcher her wounds.

The ice that sprang from the ground kinda surprised Cody but the emotion didn't show on his face. The newcomer began yelling at him for trying to kill the girl, a little over reactive if you'd asked him.

"Don't get your panties in a twist" he smirked. "It's only a flesh wound and i think freedom is worth dying over unless you want to be just another number."

Since he seemed to be at a lost and trapped in the ice he started spinning his knife around watching the gleam off of it. He probably would have won if it wasn't for her healing ability. Causing multiple wounds was his specialty letting speed and blood loss win the fight kind of like an assassin quick in quick out but with little honor.

"Oh well next time she won't be so lucky" he thought. "The cavalry did arrive sooner then expected and the government never did play fair."

Seraphim was bored again, she got up from the table and left the room, the way she usually said 'I'm done talking with you'. She wandered around the base looking for something to do. Entering the communications room she decided to check on the others. "This is codename Deathnote, requesting a status update from all field units." She said into the microphone.

Mel looked around at herself. Her shoulder still bleed. And her Wrist still have the knife stuck inside. She wondered if she could even heal with it now. But besides that she thought she was going to be fine. Mel nodded her head. "I think I’m going to be alright. I should make it back to Hq. I have lost quite some blood though. To tell you the truth I’m mostly worried about my hand not working anymore." She said sending a glare to Cody. "But we need to get him back to HQ too in all fairness. He'll bleed to death if we don't. And if I heal him here he might make some sort of attack. Either way thanks for the help." Mel forced a smile. Then she looked back at Cody. "Think you'll still be awake by the time we get you to Headquarters?" She asked. Although she could tell he wasn't too happy, and her question would probably make him even more livid. It was confirming he was going to go after all. But she felt it needed to be asked.

Edited by Shyrus

Crescent picked up the all-units call from Deathnote,

"Crescent here.... Got my recruits. Should be back at base in 15 minutes."

She only had to wait for the last recruit to be loaded in to the transport, and then she could go flat out on the speed back to base. Plus it seemed her team leader may want a lift back - since he'd gone on a rescue mission.

Turning her commlink to Frost's frequency, she asked.

"Where and how fast do you want the pickup?"

Cody caught the glare and pointed with his knife to his useless arm returning with a smirk as if to say you started it.

"To tell you the truth bleeding to deaths sounds better then becoming some dog for the government" He replied to her comment.

He never did like to be told what to do, where to go, and when to speak and being recruited against his will threw it over the top.

"Mutts" he cussed under his breath.

Continuing to spin his knife he thought about what to do running away was out of the question as his ankle was still bleeding from the slash. Attacking was also probably not the best idea ether since it would bring more pain upon him. Though a good shot to the chest or head was in reach but highly illogical. Cody finally accepted the fact, unhappily but knowingly, and rolled over pushing himself up with his good arm and knee. If he was going to be going he might as well get some things.

"It's not like i can get away" he said limping over to his door and pushing it open.

Every muscle and nerve screamed in his leg but he ignored the pain for now returning with a backpack filled with his things.

"Well this is gonna suck" he thought.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

Mel got the hint Cody was sending. In her defense she did feel threatened. But she could have handled the situation a little more kindly. While Cody stepped inside Mel clicked on her Com. "This is Codename Caramel responding to Codename Deathnote's request. Last recruit is packing his things. Can you do me a favor and make sure Med-Bay has a spot open? Recruit Cody has been injured. Over." Mel clicked the Com off. It wasn't long before Cody had walked back outside. Mel thought over how they could transport him back to Hq in his current state. She had her bike with the basket, but he would have to hold himself up straight without falling out. The basket wasn't big enough to lay someone inside. "Frost, have any idea how we can get him back? I'm out of ideas."

((Mel would probably have heard Crescent on Frost's com.... offering transport so....feel free to preempt Frost's reply...))

(Really? Okay, thanks. I didn't know it worked that way. I'll remember that. biggrin.gif )

"I think Cresent is taking care of that." Mel replied. "But thanks, Over."

((Just a long fight scene that many characters weren't involved in. I would not object to a time-skip.))

(ooh, okay, It was just all in caps, so i thought i did something rather horrible. xd.png Sure, a timeskip is fine with me. Sorry i made it so long. happy.gif')