chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Mia almost started to go when Sora said, again, that she was "lovely." Didn't she tell him to not do that? Maybe she hadn't been clear. She turned to him, backhanded him across the face, and turned back. Before heading off to the training hall, she took a deep breath. Getting all ticked at him would definitely not help training or anything else. After sufficiently calming herself down, Mia started for the hall at a brisk pace.

Edited by TSparkle123

[Probably the latter Takhesis.]

Well, that went better than expected. Sora trailed behind Mia, not saying much. "So... what is this 'ka' you spoke of before?" He knew, but he was trying to play it off as though he didn't. As though he wasn't able to hack into the network here and leave without a trace. It was just too easy to, but telling Mia that would only earn him another backhand across the face. It would definitely be better to not say anything about that yet.

((Well I suppose Crescent could show up in the room again... and possibly pass Raven's mission file over....or at least give the gist of it.))

Igraine finished reading through her mission file, and as requested let the boss know that she was done. A notification on her bleeper (pager thing) informed her that one of the new recruits hadn't shown up for orientation.

I bet thats my brother Igraine wandered into her brother's assigned dorm room, found that he wasn't there and started to look for him. Her path took her back into the briefing room - where surprise, surprise her other recruit was still standing. Not my brother then.....

Poking him in the shoulder, Crescent said,

"You were meant to report to room 1502, 5mins ago." Giving him directions and telling him to hop to it, she then noticed Raven already seated.

"And I thought I was a fast reader..." She made the wrong assumption that Raven had already read her file and was waiting on the others.

"Fast reader? Feh, I barely ever read those things." Raven said, lounging on her chair. She was perfectly content there, but she stood up anyway. "Besides, I didn't have to read it when you, oh fearless leader, just told where to be, and how fast to get there." She smiled and sauntered off, opening the door to her briefing room and sat down in that chair. "How quick, where, and how many do you want to know?" She asked, not even bothering to beat around the bush.

Igraine answered Raven's questions in order, blunt and to the point, made things simple for a change.

"How quick: As Soon As Possible, Where: Dimensional Gate Room, targeted Dimension World 2, How many: All operatives that haven't committed their second killing yet."

[Lol I looked at Raven's Character Sheet...... she and Igraine share a dislike - sort of - Raven hates people, Igraine hates crowds.]

"Think that just about covers it."

Mia rolled her eyes at Sora's question. He'd embellished his own file enough that she'd already guessed that he'd hacked the system. He was better than a lot of recruits who hacked themselves in, since he hadn't left a trace in the system. "How about you tell me, hacker boy? Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anyone."

"Darn, and I'd tried not to show it off too much... unfortunately, I couldn't find too much on ka. Ball's back in your court." Sora replied, folding his hands behind his head. He liked doing this, it made him feel more comfortable. However, it also prepped the arms for getting into hugging/cuddling position when he was trying to impress the ladies.

"Heh, I asked if you wanted many to see the murder, or none. Working with people's not my style. You'll have your murder/suicide in a few hours at most." Raven stood and marched to the dimensional gate room, checking her weapons to see if the ammo was full, the blades were sharp, and her brass knuckles weren't bent. She waited for the others.

[They really are pretty similar, except Raven is crazy.]

[noticed that... and the reasons for not liking people/crowds are different too. But one can appreciate Raven's efficiency. The Phrase: I'm not Evil, just Efficient, could easily be her catchphrase or a variant there of....]

Igraine already knew of Raven's general dislike of teamwork, fortunately that wasn't a problem that she usually had to deal with. The only real cooperation that was really practical off-dimension was arriving and leaving as a group.

"I'm not concerned with witnesses, that's the boss's problem. As far as I'm concerned as long as it gets done - who cares if witness spout crazy stories about winged assassins?" She replied to Raven's clarification/statement. Igraine knew it would bite her in the butt later - being callous wasn't her style at all, but that was what was called for in this job.

Rounding up her own equipment, she joined Raven in the waiting game.

"I'm sorry, the last thing there is besides that is a bow and arrow, and we don't have any spares." Mel explained. Alexander sighed. "I never thought i would be a murder."

"Neither would I think i would be one. It's not easy but it's got to happen. It's kill yourself, or let everyone on earth be killed."

alexander sighed and blew another dart. He hit the tree this time just barely.

"Just practice this for now." Mel said sitting back. "Next we will be working of how fast you can run, and evade."

(Sorry for lack of spell check. In a hurry. >_>)

((Hey guys...I'm really sorry, but I think I might have to pull out. It's...kinda hard to keep up and stuff. Well, bye!))

"Heh, seems like the government doesn't even trust itself," Mia laughed. "Basically, ka is the energy we're trying to harness by killing our counterparts in the other universes. We can harness it in different ways. For example, I keep up a haze that makes my hair blue all the time. 'Cept for when I'm sleeping, of course. Booker used his ka this morning to burn codename Necromancer." Just as she smiled at the fact that Necromancer was probably going to do something to take her revenge on him, she found they'd arrived at the training hall. She swung open the door and held it for Sora.

"It's fun. You get to see yourself die inside as the light fades from the other you's eyes." Raven smiled, allowing herself to picture the moment when the other her saw Raven. She liked up close and personal kills, it made her feel more powerful, and even more powerful her was another day for her.

"Huh. Cool." Sora said, noting the relationships. As he went through the door, he wondered why someone would need such a big area for training new recruits. It was so huge... and full of endless possibilities. Were there cameras? Computers? His fingers itched for a keyboard.

((Recruit training for some, those needing second kill are waiting for the dimensional transport.... or at least Crescent and Raven are waiting for that.))

"Welcome to the training hall, Sora. What weapon do you wanna start with? We've got it all. Everything from handguns to swords," Mia smiled and took her sniper rifle off her back. It wasn't really much for short-range fighting, but she avoided that as much as possible. It was hard to bear the thought of possibly looking into the eyes of the other hers when they died. Long range was the best. You never had to look at their face, except when confirming it was them.

Frank sauntered into the room he was supposed to be in for the assist mission. Immediately once inside, he plopped down onto a chair and leaned back. Freakin' assist missions...

Alexander had used all the darts. Mel would get more later. For now they had other training.

"Okay, i'm going to sit right in the middle of the yard. I'll be facing towards the fence. you come and sneack behind me."

"Okay but-"

"Just do it." Mel said running off.

"How about a computer? I could rig something up if I had the resources, but my shop is back home... didn't think that through... heh. Oh well. All I need is wifi and a few simple elements." Sora said, not thinking that this alternate him would be the target. Not right now anyway, he had thought about it. However, he made the choice to kill when he hit the submit button.

Mia placed her gun back in the straps on her back and crossed her arms. Obviously, the one thing that probably wouldn't work for him was what he wanted. That sounded like tons of fun. "Sorry, we just have one that we're allowed to use. The internet's been disabled on it, sucks, dunnit?" She deadpanned, guessing he'd take it as some sort of challenge.

Frost rose from his seat after the healing procedures were done and he heard the door slide open. He got off the table and watched the person that had entered - it was his first recruit. She passed him a file. "Here, Frost." She said and caused Frost to smile slightly. "Thanks, Vera." He spoke and she walked out of the room. Checking his file, he slightly smiled - now this was interesting.

Codename: Frost

Objective status: Complete!

Next assignment (not optional): Kill alternative.

Alternative information*: Okay, Frost... I don't know how to tell you this, but he... or should we say, she... well... she's passed through surgeries to change her gender and thanks to the technology there, she's fully a woman now... her name is Nickita Murrow, and I advise you to take care of her as fast as possible before you get humiliated by the others for having a female copy when you're a guy.

*DO NOT SHOW THIS TO ANYBODY, FROST. THIS IS TOO PERSONAL.*

Well, this seriously was embarassing. First, he'd found the mission interesting because of the alternative killing objective and now... well... he had to kill a girl version of herself. There was a picture of her - she had long blue hair and deep red eyes, and she wore a black dress along with high heels and a necklace with red and blue crystals. Dammit. Closing the file quickly, he encased it deep in ice and took it, walking outside of the room and going into the meeting room. "For freak's sake, how did this happen to me?" Frost spoke as he watched the others, feeling pink on his cheeks. He was panicking - how did his alternative become a girl?!

Raven, bored, listened to what Frost said. "Why did what have to happen to you?" She asked, curious as to why he was blushing so much. "Don't tell me your double is a transvestite? That would be stupid, but given the chances..." She smiled, she didn't mean it. More than likely, his double was in jail or something minor like that. People were so uptight about that stuff.

Moka popped in out of the rafters, now sucking a cherry lollipop. "What happened? What is the object of ridicule?" Her hair was now blonde, and her eyes were a stormy grey. She hung upside down, looking over at Frost and Raven. "Lemme see." She held the ripped file in her left hand, covered in tape, and it was a futile effort to try and fix that. She reached for Frost's file with her right.

"I'll fix your knives. I know they get personal. Keep throwing, and maybe sweep your arms a bit more out, rather then down." Seraphim instructed. Leaning against the wall and stretching out her shadowy wings. Her wings were huge, at least twice her length, and incredibly black, like the shadow of wings came and attached themselves to her back.

Frost went back and forth in his seat. Oh no, no no no. He'd become a subject for jokes - his career as a short yet very skillful agent, and the title of leader he'd managed to secure himself to a couple of apprentices back at the base - all of that'd be gone if this... this horrifying truth was to ever come out to the world. He watched the others approach and almost went into a fit of panic. "N-nothing to see here, guys... nothing at all! Hehe..." He said quickly but heard Raven's comment - that caused him to almost jump out of his seat. Then, Moka suddenly managed to snatch his file from his hands in the confusion, causing him to jump up there and then. "G-give that back! Don't open it!" Frost spoke, feeling how his throat dried up and he panicked even more. He tried to reach for the file, but the height from which Moka hung was making it impossible for him to pick it up.