chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Mel watched as he came to the front porch. He didn't look too friendly, like his photo suggested. But she felt like this could be handled under control. She lost her calm however when she saw the knife. She kept her hand close to the hilt of her sword incase he decided to suddenly attack. "I'm sorry but it's not an option." Mel apologized. "Once you're recruited you must accept or go against your will. I know it's not exactly a warm thought but it's the law..." She trailed off. To be honest she had no clue what to say now. She just explained all that there needed to be. She silently crossed her fingers.

"Don’t use the knife don't use the knife don't use the knife. That would be bad for both of us..." She thought.

(Welcome to page six everyone. xd.png longest rp i've been in.)

Edited by Shyrus

[This is page 11.

Techinically, we're just shy of 11, with the starting post, but this is page eleven.]

"Warm, Indeed" Cody replied.

He watched as her hand went close to the hilt of her sword in case she needed it before turning his head away. Looking at the house he thought it over, it wasn't like he had any emotional ties with the place or anybody in it but being forced to go made him not want to leave at all.

"Well then it seems we've reached an impasse, unless you're good with that blade of yours?"

Cody kept his eyes locked on the girl as he continued to fiddle with his knife.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

Mel grabbed the hilt of her sword firmly. Was that a challenge? She quickly thought it over in her head. Her mind screamed, 'He's not going without a fight. Use your sword!' Mel wasn't great with hiding panic. It was obvious she didn't know what to do right then. Her voice thankfully stayed calm. "Yes. I'll also have you know that i can heal myself fully and within seconds. So if you try anything i can just heal it. I can heal a limb that has been compleatly torn off."

No, Mel. Stop bluffing! You can't do half of that!

Mel became more cautious and pulled out her sword half way from her sheath.

Cody stopped playing with his knife when the girl pulled her sword partly out of its sheath. Though her voice stayed calm he could tell she was more then uneasy at the moment.

"An entire limb eh" he thought "Don't think my knives could do that in one strike like her sword probably could."

He debated about throwing a blade near her face but decided against it, she would have to make the first move not him. Grabbing a second knife he held them blades pointing away from the girl as he readied himself into a defensive position.

"Impress me then" he replied calmly.

'Well look what you did now, Mel! You idiot .' Mel thought to herself. It was obvious he wasn't coming unless forced. And it was also obvious she was going to die.

She took one step back for some space. She tried to think what she should do as an attack but her mind was slightly jumbled up right now. She followed the first instinct that came to mind. She unsheathed her sword fully and quickly raised it to her hide and into the air. She swung the sword down aiming for his shoulder. No use throwing knives if your arms aren’t going to work, right?

All she could do now is hope that each attack she makes can land a hit. And if not, hope she remembers her (almost moderate) healing.

[i believe most everyone has their recruits and are returning or have returned to the HQ. Cody is currently in a blade fight with Mel.]

The girl took the hint and finally attacked raising her blade high into the air and Cody quickly made an X with his knives to block the blow. For her size she was pretty strong as he caught the strike in the pocket of his blades.

"This should be interesting" he thought.

As he held the sword's blade he moved back so he was closer to the end of it before deflecting the weapon to the side. Once there he jumped back a few yards to give himself some distance to throw from. Cody switched his grip on one of his knives and launched it at the side of the girls leg just close enough to give a small wound.

(Techno Elf, I think we just have to wait it out. If you want we can interact our characters so we can still role play until we get further information. Once i get LD back to HQ then we can find something out. biggrin.gif)

Mel was taken back as he caught the sword with the two knives. She wasn't expecting that. As he backed off she knew quite well he was going to launch an attack. Before she could make another charge he had thrown the blade and sliced her calf just above her ankle. The wound started to bleed. Mel quickly ran her hand about an inch above the cut and healed it. It didn't dig too deep. She was able to heal it completely. Directly afterwards she dropped to a kneeling position and tried to get him in the side of the knee. It made contact but she wasn't sure if it did any damage that would help. The sword wasn’t exactly light so having to switch to one hand really hindered the energy of the swing.

"Well that was a waste" Cody thought watching Mel heal her wound completely.

He'd have to take a different approach with this fight if she could simply fix any problem he made or so she said. He doubted she could heal an entire limb but still being able to heal simple cuts would be useful. Though before Cody could do anything more the girl dropped and gave him a slash at his leg leaving a good cut. Stepping away from her blade he grimaced from the gash as blood started to run out.

"You have my attention now" he thought giving her the taunting sign with his hand telling her to attack.

Readying his knives he stayed in the defensive stance ready to block her strikes and maybe tire her out.

((Well assuming noone is going to call in Crescent as reinforcement she'll arrive back at base soon.))

After her brother had arranged personal leave with his boss, Igraine and Arthur left for the transport back to base.

On the way, Arthur tried to get Igraine to explain exactly what she did in the Project. Igraine kept deflecting his questions with the standard lines:

"It'll be explained to all new recruits on arrival."

Or:

"I'd prefer to only say it once - can it wait til everyone's gathered?"

Mel saw the sunlight glint off of something in the corner of her eye she looked behind her. It was the knife Cody had used just seconds ago. Mel put her sword quickly back in its sheath and rolled backwards. She grabbed the knife and threw it aiming for really anywhere that would land a hit. However Mel had never practiced knife-throwing and missed by at least three feet.

But she was hoping it would make a small distraction at least. Just water throwing the knife and stood back up and pulled out her sword and tried to land a hit on his arm again.

However to Cody's surprise the girl didn't attack but sheathed her sword and rolled backwards. Only when his earlier knife flew by him did he realize what she was doing but thankfully she had terrible aim and it never touched him. Though the knife wasn't an intended attack but a distraction from her sword which came next. Cody was just fast enough to block part of the blow with one of his knives but the blade slide down digging into his right shoulder.

That would surely leave a mark but more importantly it had deaden his arm for the time being.

"Heal this" he thought growing annoyed by all the damage she had landed on him.

His right arm was useless for the moment so using the other knife, in his left hand, stabbed deep into the girls top wrist.

Frost smiled as his recruits, along with a handful more left for the HQ. It was a successful mission for now, and he liked these missions. Suddenly, he could hear strange voices and sounds from one of the commlinks. Something like someone was fighting. "HQ, if you could tell me from whose commlink come sounds of fighting?" He asked, hand placed on the earpiece's button and waiting for a few words. "Roger, Frost. Codename Caramel is fighting her recruit, Cody. If you want to assist, head toward these coordinates." Someone spoke, then said a few coordinates. "Roger, on my way. Out." Frost said as his hand fell from the commlink and he dashed, ice under his feet making him go twice as fast. "HQ, another thing, see if you can hook me up to Caramel's channel." He said, and suddenly he could hear the fighting sounds himself. "Code Caramel, Frost here. I'm coming for assistance, out."

((Alright, so I'll just wait until everyone's gathered and Frost is reporting or whatever.))

Caramel's COM link clicked on. She could hear Frost speaking. She wanted to answer back but she wasn't sure if it would be wise to take her attention off the fight. In those few seconds she had succeeded in landing a hit on Cody's shoulder. She was ready to use the handle of the sword to knock him out, but before she could react Cody used one of his knives and stabbed Mel in the upper wrist. Mel took a glance down to her wrist. It caused a searing pain to run up and down her arm. This was much more then she could heal. Mel grunted, in pain. She tried to heal it quickly but it didn't do anything of worth. Her hand was now useless and loosing blood. This put her at a handicap. Her sword was two-handed. With her good hand she picked up the sword and tried to swing it again. But now it was just a heavy object.

" censorkip.gif ." Mel cussed silently. She turned to her side and lifted up her sword and then started to spin around to gain momentum. Her sword lifted in the air and she tried to hit Cody again. She landed a hit on his side. She didn't know how hard it hit but she hoped it was good enough to at least do enough damage so she could have a few seconds to gain her bearings again.

Edited by Shyrus

Cody's knife had manged to damage the girl and he heard her stifled grunts of pain. It had been more of a trade off blow since now they both had one useless limb. Though she was a fighter, he would give her that, as she used her momentum to swing the two handed sword around. The blade came around hard on his already damaged arm thankfully causing no important lose other then some more blood which cody could handle for the time being.

"user posted image that hurts" he thought gritting from the pain.

Thinking quickly he stepped back from her standing reach holding his knife at the ready when something caught his eye. Cody turned his head to the side spotting a newcomer running at them on what appeared to be ice.

"You guys don't play very fair" he said with a smirk turning back to Mel.

Taking his knife he flung it at her before grabbing another from his belt. He would probably lose this fight with the newcomer approaching but he might as well go down with some pride.

Seraphim aka Deathnote walked out of her room, she had probably been transported there after passing out in the training room. She wore a fresh uniform, she hated it when other people dressed her. She checked for her suicide notes, they were there. She rearranged her hair so it covered her face again, walking to the cafeteria. Maybe the others were back by now.

Moka stumbled back to HQ, tired of both of the new recruits, mostly Celeste. She kept complaining about how her feet hurt and all that sorta ****ed up crap. "Shut up already." Tskune just sat there in his dog form, looking around, then sometimes licking Moka. "Necromancer reporting in. Celeste needs to go. Mancer, out." She pressed her comm link once, then petted Tskune.

((Celeste's gonna be an NPC. and Tskune is too. tongue.gif))

Mel was getting tired now. Fighting and blood loss where not supposed to be mixed up. She could feel herself slowly getting weaker. " censorkip.gif , not now." She thought. She couldn't keep her mind focused very long. She could see something in the corner of her eye, but Cody saw it too and confirmed that it was Frost. When Cody turned back he said something about not being fair. He turned back and threw a knife. It hit her in the side shoulder. The knife hit her fairly hard but Mel was able to pull out the knife - unlike the one in her wrist - and was able to heal it just more than half-way. It stopped bleeding and almost sealed the wound but it was still partly open and looked 'not too good.'

She swung her sword again, aiming for the shoulder but missed. Instead the blade fell onto his foot near the ankle. It didn't cut it off, but should have left a pretty nasty mark.

Cody watched his knife lodge into her shoulder, a small victory, as she immediately pulled it out and healed the wound slightly. Though even tired the girl stuck next swinging her sword into his ankle leaving a nasty slash along with knocking him off his feet. Now dazed from the drop and loss of blood Cody was just about finished. He shook his head to trying to clear his gaze but it was still foggy. He grunted pushing himself with his good arm away from her before propping up on the other to give freedom to his left hand which was now his last defence.

"You're good I'll give you that" he panted his voice lined with pain. "We should do this again."

To say Cody was annoyed by the turn out of the battle was an understatement her ability to heal her wounds was impressive but in his eyes a tad unfair since he had to deal with the damage received. He readied his remaining knife in case she should attempt another strike.

((Maybe I'll just let Mercury interact with Deathnote in the cafeteria. And I'm assuming they know each other...)) Mercury told her recruits to stay where they were and glided back to her room. She changed, went back downstairs, and led the two boys to the cafeteria. She saw Deathnote and walked over. "Hey, I'm back." She pointed to her recruits, who were right behind her. "These were my recruits. What do you think?"

"Hey." Deathnote answered, she wasn't one for words, but if you needed someone to keep a secret, she's your gal. "I think..... They won't make it past level one, round eight. I'd bet my ridiculously low government salary on it." She said with a smile, a smile you couldn't see of course, having her face covered by her hair. But hers was the smile you could feel. Mercury was one of the few people Seraphim didn't mind, perhaps even enjoyed.

Mercury turned around to look at her two recruits. "Yeah, I think you're right."

"Hey!" Adrian said indignantly. And then he said, "What's level one round eight?"

"Round eight is when they introduce you to the concept of 'torture'. Its rather fun, if you like pain." She said, purely to scare them. When she had first arrived some guys played this same prank on her. She had been looking forward to it, then was dissapointed to find they only started shooting at you. Torture didn't come till level four.