chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Moka returned to her perch in the room as everyone left. Better find something about these recruits before I run off trying to find them. Looking at the file, she noticed the person's name was Celeste D'Amore. Great. Another one of the wealthy recruits to bully me. She was female, obviously, about 20. Rose pink hair, sea green eyes. Rolling her eyes, she jumped off the ledge, grabbing her scythe. Walking out of the building, she shoved the files into her bag, along with her sketch book and extra knife. Jumping into the trees, she moved from branch to branch, trying to find this weird address. Most likely a mansion.

((sorry it took so long to post... I didn't understand what was going on....))

((Assuming noone in first team needs the lift to the Coin Quarter , I think its time for Igraine to move out. xd.png If they do they can just say they were in the vehicle that Igraine picked.))

Igraine studied the first file she had been given, just enough so she'd recognise the recruit on sight. Useful information was also there on what buttons to push to get them to join.

Once done she slipped the files into an ordinary looking carry-all and requisitioned one of the unmarked transports and drivers. After all once the recruits were 'hired' it was best to get them to the training facility before they changed their minds.

The destination was a central area of the Coin Quarter. There the driver was to wait for further instructions or until the first set of recruits had been loaded. If the transport was full, the driver was to take them to the training facility and then return to the designated point for the rest.

((I'm assuming there's room for 4-5 people to travel in the vehicle))

Raven stood and brushed off her jacket. She followed Igraine out, secretly waiting for her to take off, as she had no ride, nor any indication of even trying to go to do her missions. She was, in a word, bored of recruitment missions. She wanted to know when they were going out on a real mission.

Mercury growled and flew a bit faster. She pulled ahead of the guy and reached the building first. "I win! Now you gotta come with me!" She yelled triumphantly.

The boy nodded. "Alright." He extended his hand. "I'm Adrian. You?"

Mercury looked at his hand for a moment, then shook it. "You can call me Mercury Lampe. You know, you'll need a code name if you're part of us. Got anything?"

Adrian thought for a while. "How about...Archangel?"

"Isn't that a comic book hero name or something?" Mercury asked skeptically. "But whatever. Archangel it is. Welcome to the family, Arch!"

Edited by Techno_Elf

Nick dashed through the city, reaching the apartment building of the girl in 10 minutes. The building itself seemed to be of rich people, since the entrance was made fully of gold, the surface was made of a light yet durable and beautiful red material - something like carbon fibers - and the doors were made of high quality wood. He entered, and turned, going into the elevator. After a quick ride to the eight floor, he came out and walked to Door 843. Nick nodded to himself and knocked on the door, knowing that the letter of arrival by their facility having been already sent. "This is the APC, ma'am." He spoke, waiting for the answer of the riddle.

(( Anyone feel free to make the character! ))

((Everyone's just either starting to head out to the mission, or they're already out. So far, Mercury has successfully recruited one person and Frost found his first recruit.))

"Yep," Mia responded shortly before she was out of earshot to Mel. Somehow, though, Booker managed to keep up all the way to the car when she turned to him. "I don't suppose you're wanting to share a car, Booker." She smiled and placed her hands on her hips. The guy was a fool, thinking he could ever get her to think of him any differently than she did now. His persistence was admirable, nonetheless.

Frank rubbed the back of his neck again. He couldn't help but notice that her eyes were two different colors, probably an illusion she kept up for appearances. Maybe it wasn't. She didn't seem like the kind to really give a crap about what others thought about how she looked, but he'd been wrong before. It was a while before he realized she'd asked him if he wanted to share a car. "Oh, um, yeah, sure!"

Edited by TSparkle123

Mel looked over the files one last time. "Okay then, I’m heading out. I'm taking my bike." She said running off. The kept her bike in her room. She ran into her room and took it by the handles, and walked outside. She seated herself and started down the street. The first Recruit wasn't that far.

Mia rolled her eyes and jumped into the driver's seat of a small car and started it up, pleased to find the keys already in the ignition. She looked over as Booker entered the vehicle and drove to the Coin Quarter wordlessly.

Frank was in a daze. He'd fallen so suddenly and so hard, hadn't he? He sighed, but smiled. All things happen for a reason, and if that reason was to make him feel horrible, he'd just have to accept it. When the car stopped, he stepped out, calmly and almost happy. Maybe he'd impress her yet.

Mia left immediately for the residence of Sora Dent, knowing he'd be the easiest to recruit. She knew she was allowed to use force if needed, but she didn't want that to be needed, was the thing. The recruits taken by force were, more often than not, very angry people. Those who weren't just angry went insane from longing to be home. Sometimes they simply accepted their fate and became mindless killing machines. That was the last thing she needed to be weighing down on her mind. She found herself knocking at Sora's door not too long after setting out. "Open up, it's the government here to take you away."

(2)

Seraphim collasped to the ground before the seventh round started, out cold. She had set a new record, making it past round 6.

Crescent/Igraine spotted her first target and followed him into one of the buildings. Walking quickly and with a confident air, no-one questioned her as she entered an employee-only section after her target.

The whole thing was an illusion, but Igraine had learned the easiest way to convince people you should be there was to act like you belonged there. Once inside she had to decide on her approach, waiting until her target had entered his office before cornering him seemed the best.

Igraine gave him enough time to settle down and give his PA an order to get some coffee. The PA left - and she took her chance.

Tapping on the door, and entering swiftly, Igraine caught him unawares.... He thought she was his PA with a coffee. While he was stunned she quickly explained her presence and placed a couple of forms on his desk... then left.

His file indicated he had an insatiable curiosity and she predicted a 99.9% chance he'd follow and catch her before she left the employee area. Her fast exit was designed to catch his eye - and it did. He stopped only long enough to pick up the forms before following her.

That one was too easy She thought, and explained the rest to him on the way to the car. The forms were a formality and he could fill them in while in the vehicle. Not her problem what his PA would say or do when she got back to find the office empty. Now to try and convince my brother......

"One down, one to go." She spoke into her comm - directing it at team leader Frost.

((Lol..... since Crescent is in the Coin Quarter if Mia has trouble - she can respond. And play bad cop if need be tongue.gif))

"Roger that, Crescent. Nice work there." Nick spoke as he turned on the comlink with a quick press on the small button. He suddenly heard a door unlocking and it swung open, although on a chain. A young girl, in her very early 20's, was visible through the opening of the door. "Frost?" She asked, and Nick nodded as she unlocked the door and let him in. "I've come here from our agency." He spoke, taking a seat on the golden couch in the room and watching the girl. She was wearing a blue t-shirt with black, tight jeans and white boots. He felt kind of strange to see that she looked quite normal, like a normal teen, as he put the files on the table. "... I'll join. One thing - what's your real name?" She asked and Frost got up. "I'm Nick. Your transport is at the Coin Quarter, in front of the bank. Good day." He spoke and left the building directly through the open window, landing on a nearby roof then rolling and falling on the ground. "I'm done wiht the first too." Frost added, smiling as he started walking to the second recruit - another girl, at 12 years that found her powers and wanted to leave without her family knowing.

Mercury landed, pulled out her second file and read it. Adrian hovered next to her and read over her shoulder. "You have files on all of us? Do you know how creepy that is?" He half-yelled into Mercury's ear.

Mercury shoved him away, replying, "And so does the government. I don't see anyone freaking about that. And don't yell in my ear!" She put the file into her bag and walked towards the library. "Come on, my next recruit is there."

As they neared the library, a guy who looked about 25 burst out and nearly knocked Adrian over. "There he is!" Mercury yelled while chasing after him. "Don't let him get away!"

Edited by Techno_Elf

The name of the girl was Jen. Mel decided to go for her first. She seemed like she would be a lot more difficult to take care of then Alexander, the guy. Better save her energy for this one.

She rode her bike down the street. Jen didn't seem to live too far away. As a matter of fact, maybe just a mile. As for the guy he lived relatively close too.

Mel parked her bike and stepped onto the pavement. She looked at the file to make sure she had the right address. This was her first time recruiting. She walked to the door and knocked gently. No answer. She rang the doorbell twenty seconds afterwards. A grumble was heard from the other side of the door. The door was ripped open with such force it looked like the hinges might break off. The girl studied Mel, looking at her from head to toe.

"What do you want?" She growled annoyed.

'Don't. blow it.' Mel thought. "U-uh Hi. I'm here to recruit you." She started out. Jen leaned in the doorway. "For what?" She asked. Her eyes still looked annoyed.

"See, there is this program. You need to commit suicide."

"...What?"

Mel tried her best to explain but only made it worse.

"Look kid, I’m not interested." She hissed.

"It's not an option."

"Leave before I pound your face into your skull." Jan said closing the door. Mel stuck her foot in. "Please, I really don't want to have to do this. But it's not optional. I'll have to ask you to come with me."

Jen curled her nimble fingers into a fist and threw all of her body weight into the punch. Mel barley avoided the attack. She pulled out her sword. "Well now you just made it hard on both of us."

Moka landed on an apartment rooftop, seeing as Celeste was most likely here. It said so on the sheet anyway. Slipping down onto the porch, she knocked on the door.

"Hello? May I help you?" A pretty young woman stepped out, glancing at Moka. Then she noticed the scythe. "Oh my god! What are you..... GO AWAY!"

She started to close the door, but Moka stuck her foot in as it was about to slam close. "Hi, I'm Moka. I have to recruit you for something. It would be best if you didn't question me." Moka's foot hurt like hell.

"Mhmm. Yeah, are you lost? And that is a very dangerous weapon. You should go home." Celeste stopped and nodded in fake sympathy.

"Go die. I am seventeen, excuse you. I need you to commit suicide." Moka stared at the woman, shifting her ka to turn her eyes red and hair black. "And if you refuse, which won't happen, I'll just have to force you."

Celeste nodded, afraid of Moka. She stepped outside the house and locked the door. Then she shut it without a word.

Moka had used hypnotism on the lady, a simple mind trick.

"Open the censorkip.gif door! I'm not here to kill you." She decided to then stress the 'not'. "I'm here to talk to you about the church of killing yourself!" Err said in a loud voice. Why had they picked her to get recruits was stupid, but she could force someone if she needed to.

"What?" They opened the door a little.

"What I said. The church of killing yourself. Except we're not a church. We're a government organization." Err said. The door slammed shut, and locked.

She activated the comm. "Welp. I could have called that I wouldn't make friends with this recruit...."

Sora pried himself away from the computers just long enough to look at who was at his door. A girl! He smoothed out his hair and was just getting to the door when she knocked. Unfortunately, she ended up being from that group. He opened the door. "Well, I submitted my file about a week ago. It's about time, I'd say. But you can take me away anytime, sweet."

Mia smiled. "We could definitely use someone with a sense of humor in our group. Many of us are far too serious," she winked as she pulled Sora along with her. She pulled out her radio and pressed the button to transmit to Frost and the rest. "Got my first recruit." Once they were outside the next possible recruit's door, she pulled out the file on him and held it out to him. "I can tell that they've added to what you wrote yourself. Besides, I have the file they wrote up on me when I first joined. Got it from my recruiter. That's when he pulled out my code name from that ridiculous top hat of his... Oh! That reminds me! You need a codename!" She beamed. This mission reminded her so much of her recruiter, Layton. He was so kind and obsessed with puzzles; he'd taught Mia all she knew about being a part of the team. It was a real shame that he'd gone and gotten himself killed in action.

Frank had walked up eight flights of stairs before he managed to get to his first recruit. Seriously, who lives on the top floor of an apartment complex? Then again, why did they make buildings that tall? He stopped a moment to catch his breath outside their door. He knocked on the door. "This is the military looking to recruit," he announced as politely as he could. At least he wasn't lying. They were military and looking to recruit. He'd just left out the bit about alternate dimensions. He'd be seen as a mentally ill homeless man looking for shelter.

((Trying to decide whether I should make a third character...))

Edited by TSparkle123

Jen stepped back and pulled out a dagger. Why did she have a dagger?! Mel pulled out her sword. She couldn’t do any real damage. Nothing that draws blood anyways. What good would this do? Maybe she can knock her out with the handle of the sword but this would be tricky. Jen charged with her eyes aglow with flame, her dagger in her hand ready to do some damage. Mel yelped and stepped to the side. Jen slowed down her speed and ran to her, and made a jab with the dagger. Mel tried to step closer but each time she tried she would be less than an inch away from the blade. For the longest time the whole thing was just avoiding her attacks. Mel decided she had had enough of this and sucked it up best she could, which admittedly, wasn’t a lot. She quickly stepped into arms rage and brought the handle of the sword down at the back of Jen's head. Jen jabbed Mel in the arm. Mel brought down the sword handle again and this time knocked her out successfully.

Blood dripped down Mel's arm. Mel grimaced as she looked it over. She could heal this only part way.

She spread her good hand just above her injured arm. The wound stopped hurting, the bleeding slowed, and the inside started to heal a little faster. The skin itself would need natural time to heal. It still looked pretty nasty, but not half as bad as before. Mel took out a small radio from her pocket. "First Recruit secured. Dropping her off at base. She's very unfriendly and not very happy about the idea. Maybe some sort of holding cell so she can safely calm down would be appreciated."

Before he could protest, Sora found himself being dragged behind this mysterous girl from the government who completely ignored his making a complete fool of himself as he tried to woo her. That usually worked! Girls swooned, he wasn't some lazy buffoon, he was the lazy buffoon son of a famous technological CEO at a company that was near household standard. "I haven't even filled out any paperwork or have met the rest of the team. Well, in reality. You're much lovlier than what they said you were in your file miss..." He paused, and it only took a moment to scan his mind for the person. "Mia Hartham, right?"

Mia burst out in laughter when he called her lovely and said her real name. Mia Hartham, lovely? Lovely was definitely not the first word to come to the minds of people back home for sure. Then again, they all thought she was dead. She really couldn't care less about how her family was faring, they'd all but disowned her before she joined the team. Maybe they thought she had just killed herself somewhere in the woods. She couldn't stop laughing, no matter how depressing the thoughts she thought, so she let herself laugh as she spoke to Sora. "Yeah, that's me. Lovely! Ha, oh god, I knew you had a sense of humor on ya, but not that much of one!"

"Looks like we're on schedule then." Crescent replied to Frost as he confirmed her first recruit as well as his.

Crescent took her time walking towards her brother's workplace, she needed the extra time to think on what she was going to say to him. She had plenty of time before lunch - which was when she planned to corner the stubborn man that her brother had become.

She wondered how the other members of the first team were getting on. Then dismissed that thought as if they needed aid they'd call. Then her comm crackled with Raven's sarcastic comment....

Welp. I could have called that I wouldn't make friends with this recruit....

Crescent sent back, "Need help Raven? I shouldn't be too far from your location."

"You know... it gets harder and harder to take you seriously when I'm not even making a joke." Was this woman crazy? Maybe they had left it out of her file?

"Yes please, you seem to have a better time with recruits I think." Err replied to Crescent.

[Oh gosh they're horrid, but they're the most I can get out right now...]

Mel got onto her bike and set Jen in the back basket. Mel had custom made her bike so she could transport someone with her.

She started riding down the walk when she took a third look at the other file. He lived close to here.

"Should I get him?" Mel thought. "Not now. I wouldn't have enough room on my bike."

Mel dropped off Jen and started to back track to the next house.