chicbecause

Suicide Mission

Moka flicked out a knife, and cut herself before anyone could say anything else. "Shhh. Watch." Holding out her finger, blood seeped out of it, but instead of it being crimson, it was golden. "It's not special effects, I guarantee you." Grabbing the comlink, she stuck her finger into her mouth, sucking on the blood. "Mkay. Welp, I'm ready to start."

(Could you explain how her blood is gold? She's the same physically as anyone else, is she using ka, or did she have surgery or something?)

( Hey half our team isn't respodning anymore. >_>..)

[i'm at work, only reason I'm giving you a post is that I am on break...]

"Well, good to know that if I see your body and a large spray of gold is your blood on a wall." Raven said, pulling out an apple and carving on it, eating various bit and pieces off of her knife as she did so.

Moka smiled at Raven's sarcastic comment. "Yup! That way, we know I'm not an impostor!" She winked. She would ave to draw Raven later, she was mysterious and a good model.

(sorry if I sound like a stalker happy.gif)

((Sorry, I was at a friend's house and I don't know her WiFi password.))

Mia smiled at Caramel's social awkwardness. "Don't bug it. You're too awkward to be a backstabber," she winked. I'm still watching you, though. "Well, Booker's right there, Scrambled probably isn't coming, and I have no clue about Art." She shrugged, her team was completely in shambles. She turned to Booker, "And I don't feel I need to answer that question. You've been eavesdropping."

Frank rubbed the back of his neck. "How'd you guess?"

"The fact you asked that question is proof within itself."

Mercury Lampe frowned. That was it? She turned to Frost. "So when are leaving?"

A look up to see and remember the woman with gold blood. Goodness she was annoying. "Keep up that attitude I may have to kill ya myself. Just to... check." She grinned, her pointed fangs more evident. Err wasn't a vampire, just ordered a dentist to sharpen her teeth. It provided a great effect upon those who opposed her.

[i'll make a sheet, but I'm too tired to right now...]

(It's cool. Welcome back. biggrin.gif Also, as you may have noticed i make narroration smark-alec remarks about my character, When i do that it will be in these: ' '. When She's thinking, it will be in Italic.)

Mel looked over. "Oh, hi. I didn't see you there."

'Well, duh! He was easedropping.

'Then again it proves your point that keeping your voice low isn't bad.'

"I'm Caramel." She introduced herself ignoring the fact he probably already knew.

"Well..." She added adressing the lack of team members again. "What should we do? Wait or go?"

((Eee Gold blood is random.... And just for fun my Brother will be one of the recruits, up to Frost/OP who's lucky enough to get the challenge of recruiting him xd.png))

User: Takhesis

Name: Arthur Matthews

Codename: (none as yet - will end up being Muscles)

Sex: Male

Appearance: Similar to Igraine in height, has the same colour eyes - green. His hair is black though rather than her blonde.

History: Brother to Igraine, so same story as hers, except - unlike Igraine, got married and has 2 little girls.

How many suicides have you committed?: None - he's a potential recruit.

Skills: Being a pain in the ass to his sister. Has a lot of physical strength.

Strengths: Anything requiring applied muscle force.

Weakness: Limited use of Ka - his mind can't quite grasp the concept of 'magic'.

Dislikes: Military. (Blames them for Mother's death and taking away his Father too...)

--------------

Igraine watched as Necromancer cut herself and drew Gold Blood. Interesting use of Ka.... Igraine thought and made a mental note to conduct some Ka experiments - she wanted to see how durable Ka-produced illusions were. Although those experiments had to wait til after the recruitment drive.

Frost watched as Necromancer seemed to use ka to shift her blood color into golden. He then practiced, using ka to briefly shift his eye color to white before returning it to the normal dark red. Well, technically, red wasn't normal at all - it was rare, extremely rare, and he was very lucky to have this color. "Since the second team still has to gather, I reckon we can start the mission - if they require any assistance from us, then we'll be able to help out." He spoke, then approached Crescent. "One thing: The second file you have is of a person with the surname Matthews too. Probably your brother." He spoke, then turned to everybody. "Let's go." He finished, turning quickly and sprinting out of the building and heading out toward his first target - a young girl in her 20's that seems to have adapted slightly to ka and used it to manipulate her sight power. He thanked his stamina now as he ran through the streets.

Mercury rolled her eyes. "About time." She spread her wings and flew above her team while reading her file. Her target was guy, about 22, who had found out about ka and was using his to fly. She growled and swooped around a building. As she turned a corner she almost smacked into him. "Alright, you're coming with me."

The boy glared at her. "Yeah? You think you can take me by force? Where and why are you taking me anyways?"

"Look kiddo, I'm taking you to a place where we send you to different universes to kill your other selves and gain power and protect Earth, OK? So if ya wanna live you gotta come with me!"

"I'll race you. If you win, I'll come with you. If you lose, you have to leave me alone for the rest of my life."

"You wanna race me? You don't know what you're dealing with here. You're on!"

"OK, I'll race you to the building there," the boy said as he pointed to a building three blocks down. "Ready...GO!"

And then they were off.

Edited by Techno_Elf

((Yey.... I get to bug myself xd.png))

Crescent glanced down at the files when Frost mentioned another Matthews - it would be just her luck if she had to convince her brother to join a military project.

And it looked like Frost was eager to go, he left almost as soon as he dropped that mental bombshell. Yep second file was her brother.... she flipped back to the first file - anyone would be easier to convince than Arthur.

Plus she could practically predict where her brother would be during the day - his workplace was easy to get to so she planned to corner him at lunchtime just before he clocked off for food. Perhaps he'd be easier to deal with if she buys....

Glancing at the file, she noted the location of her first recruit. Looking at the rest of the team, Igraine asked:

"Who needs a lift to the Coin Quarter?"

Obviously Mercury didn't.... she left on her own wings. (Ninja'd)

Edited by Takhesis

((Wait so is the girl in the Coin Quarter or the park exactly?))

((We all have 2 recruits to go after, I'm picking the Coin Quarter as the area I'll find my first one. I think you got confused with Frost and Mercury Lampe seeming to go after the same one....))

Edited by Takhesis

((Oh...crap. Wait, let me get this straight. Your character and mine are on the same team right?))

Edited by Techno_Elf

((Team 1: Frost, Necromancer, Raven, Mercury Lampe (you) and Cresccent/Igraine (me) So yes we are on the same team, but we each have our own files to go after....))

[user: RainDash

Name: Sora Dent

Codename: (none as yet - will end up being Mechanic)

Sex: Male

Appearance: Mech

History: Sora grew up in a rich home with plenty of education. He graduated high school when he was 15, and earned his doctorate in robotic engineering when he was 20. Bored, he started to hack into various servers and eventually discovered that there were multiple universes. Naturally, he hacked himself in and made himself a recruit.

How many suicides have you committed?: None - he's a potential recruit.

Skills: As his suicides increase so will his proficiency in technology, genius

Strengths: Anything to do with technology or physics.

Weakness: His ka can't manifest in reality.

Dislikes: Noise, broken items, and Booker (For standing in his way.)

In Synth's files...]

Edited by RainDash

Mia shrugged. "We might as well start going to the south garage," she said, handing over the two files she assigned to Caramel, then the ones for Scramled. "You don't mind taking a couple more, since we've got absentees, do you?" She turned to Booker and handed him only two files, as she was going to take Art's recruits as well as her own.

Frank raised an eyebrow at the fact that he got only two files for people to recruit, but shrugged it off. She must've had her reasons, or he was really doing something wrong in his attempt to prove that his file was correct. Either way, he was sure he could prove that he was a relaxed person, given time. He decided to just head to the garage without another word. She'd see him as he was, someday.

(Should i make forums for the recruits and use them as our own characters? Or is it choice?)

Caramel silently thanked Mai for the files and looked over to Scrambled and booker, wondering who they had to recruit. She felt like she didn't want to open the files. She felt as if she was taking someone to hell by doing so. Taking someone against their will to kill themselves didn’t seem fair. She still remembered when she got recruited.

Mel was doing a small 100 piece puzzle. She enjoyed simple challenges as long as they stayed under control. Her parents were on vacation while she stayed home. With no siblings, she had to take care of herself for the week. She didn't mind at all though. A knock on the door came one afternoon. She was told to look through the peak hole in the door to see who it was. If it was someone she didn’t know to just make sure the door was locked and didn't answer it. She walked silently over and took a peek at the other side of the door. A tall man dressed in a black open trench coat, blue eyes, black hair, and oddly enough two horns like a ram's on his head. His appearance scarred Mel, but she did as she was instructed and stayed in her home. But after she didn’t answer it, a second knock came. Then a third. Then he moved to the backyard and looked through the sliding glass door to see Mel working on the puzzle. He caused a shadow to run over Mel which caught her attention. She looked to her side to see him merely feet from her. She grabbed the phone and tried to dial 911, but he started to smash through the glass. She ran to the basement and locked the trap door above her.

"911 what's your emergency?"

Before Mel could explain she could her the man's feet above her. She whispered into the phone. "There is a strange man in my house and I am all alone. I am in the basement hiding and he is right above me."

The operator said something but Mel couldn’t hear. The basement door had been torn open and she was taken by the man.

She shivered as she thought about it. She herself was a recruit. But after a while the man went to kill himself and died in the battle. That's why Mel choose healing- she didn’t like seeing people die. Which sucked because it was her job now.

((I think it's choice.))

Mia thumbed through the top file in her pile. "Sora Dent." Somebody's parent's weren't fans of Two-Face. She noted that he was a mechanic and a "genius." She translated "genius" to "hacker." What kind of person was this guy? Maybe he was in it completely for going to alternate dimensions. That was what drew her in originally. This guy had no clue what he was getting into. "Let's head out, then," Mia said, putting the our files into her messengers' bag and leaving for the south garage.

Frank began his way to the garage, completely enveloped in the files he had gotten. Neither of them were particularly interesting, but he wanted to know as much as he could about these potential recruits.