7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

put a coin under the Roller Skate pad

With this, I say a big NO. Don't put a coin under the circle pad, ever. My friend's circle pad eventually broke off and stopped working after excessive use with a coin, so I don't recommend doing that. What I do is sand down (or bite, if you don't have sandpaper) a toothpick so it has flat edges, and use that to keep the circle pad locked in one position. It doesn't lift up the pad and risk damage like a coin does, but still works just the same.

Anyway, 8 boxes of eevee eggs to hatch. Let's hope there's a shiny in one of them.

I don't use the Lumiose trick, instead I go back and forth along the really long path between Connecting Cave and the Daycare. I just do Super training along the way to save the time that I other wise would have spent standing there and doing nothing while I hit the bags. Lumiose one sounds a whole lot less tedious though ^^ I have no toothpicks or coins handy anywhere unfortunately so I am condemned to forever ride along that really long road.

Taz: That's why you use a small coin, like a dime or a penny :P Quarters or larger can cause damage.

Edited by PieMaster

Taz: That's why you use a small coin, like a dime or a penny :P Quarters or larger can cause damage.

Still lifts the circle pad, which isn't meant to be lifted.

Besides I find that to be a very lazy cheat that does ruin the circle pad so why bother

Just bike back and forth between connecting cave and Camphrier. There's a straight shot that goes from between the cave entrance and sign to the path right through the fountains and lanterns in the town. Get something with Flame Body/Magma Armor and use hatching powers. Besides, then you're right there next to the daycare and can keep picking up eggs and putting hatched pokemon in the PC either in the town pokemon center or the daycare's PC.

I've been doing it for months and yet to have a problem, IIRC.

Thanks everyone! I can't believe I actually managed to hatch a perfect competitive shiny! biggrin.gif

And since we're on the topic of egg hatching methods... I usually just bike around Route 7. I like to make a save before any eggs are generated (before the Daycare man turns around). That way, when I fill up all my available boxes with my hatched Pokemon, I can just soft reset my game and all those Pokemon will be "instantly" released. xd.png

I only have ~430 Inkay on my shiny hunt owo

I fill up my party with eggs and activate a hatching power and bike back and forth. Then go check IVs, swap out the female if I have a better one. Then repeat

Yeah I've never had an issue with actual damage to my circle pad by wedging a dime underneath. The only damage I've had to it was when I tore the covering off it, so it's currently a plastic disc with some shredded silicone on the edges. And that was from pressing too hard while playing Mii Plaza of all things.

Plus toothpicks leave splinters behind. I'd rather not have tiny fragments of foreign material getting into the actual mechanical parts of the analog stick, that's likely to cause even more damage than a well-worn dime would. Of course, wedging anything in there can cause damage, but I'd rather have coin-related damage than splinter-related damage.

Then again if I manage to break my 3DS I just send it to my friend to get it fixed for free. Fun fact: Nintendo employees get free repairs. ;;

Edited by Lythiaren

Yeah I've never had an issue with actual damage to my circle pad by wedging a dime underneath. The only damage I've had to it was when I tore the covering off it, so it's currently a plastic disc with some shredded silicone on the edges. And that was from pressing too hard while playing Mii Plaza of all things.

Plus toothpicks leave splinters behind. I'd rather not have tiny fragments of foreign material getting into the actual mechanical parts of the analog stick, that's likely to cause even more damage than a well-worn dime would. Of course, wedging anything in there can cause damage, but I'd rather have coin-related damage than splinter-related damage.

Then again if I manage to break my 3DS I just send it to my friend to get it fixed for free. Fun fact: Nintendo employees get free repairs. ;;

I'd still say it's not a very good idea to use a dime to push up or anything. The pad wasn't meant to be lifted or tilted in that manner. :\

The way the thing is built, it floats above the mount and tilts slightly with movement anyway. Using anything to hold it in one position at all is likely to cause damage, it's just down to what sort of damage you'd rather have.

Edited by Lythiaren

Yeah it tilts anyway, but it's a bit different from being pushed down to cause that tilt as opposed to being lifted into that tilt. :P

I'm not a fan of the idea of doing that. I don't have the money to get it repaired. I'm good with, at the most, using my foot to keep it going. (Yes. I do that sometimes. The worst that happens is that it smells like feet.) I always ride my bike around the plaza place. xd.png

My 2DS is in good shape. Unlike my broken DSlite. Which is my new GameBoy.

Anyways, that's getting a tad off-topic. Everyone has their own way, no?

...Okay I've stuck my stylus beneath it a few times out of boredom...

Moving on. Kind of. I don't know. Um, anyways, if anyone has a spare Kangaskhan, I'll trade something for it. I have Absols. And a few other random things. I can breed something, too; I have quite a few of the starters. And I mean starters from like, every game.

So, you can message me or just post in here. Whatever you'd prefer. c:

Oh! I have a weird Kangaskhannnamed Wumbo257 I got off GTS from this random guys. I could breed it for you g you'd like. Just as soon as I get that stubborn Sturdy Aron that never hatches from my eggs.

Edit: Expect that tomorrow, I'm too tired for anything right now. Sleep!

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Nah the circle pad discussion is related to breeding. :P

But yeah I totally understand being leery of the "wedge the circle pad in place and mash B" tricks. Nintendo's baseline repair fee is $85. If I was going to pay that I'd rather skip lunch that day and drop the $95 for a refurb replacement, and no amount of Pokemon eggs are worth that.

Edited by Lythiaren

D'Oh! That was an idiot move. I was attempting to find a Mewtwo with a ton of good IVs, and went to the checker. Only had three, so I was going to reset it. But I saved instead.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Mewtwo is never going into battle.

What I need now is a new 3DS so I can get more Friend Safaris. I'm mostly full on my current system {and have Ditto and Eevee safaris}, but can't access them on Y because I JUST beat the game the other day, and I can't catch my people on-line. {Maybe because they're no longer playing the game.} So, I don't want to delete my OLD Friend Safaris because it took me forever and a day to get the ones I have currently.

Nah the circle pad discussion is related to breeding. :P

But yeah I totally understand being leery of the "wedge the circle pad in place and mash B" tricks. Nintendo's baseline repair fee is $85. If I was going to pay that I'd rather skip lunch that day and drop the $95 for a refurb replacement, and no amount of Pokemon eggs are worth that.

Well, it's mostly that the problem is also the angle at which the coin needs to be inserted. It's not like the circle pad lies flat on the system. It's in a little depression, so to be able to fit the coin under there would still push it up further than pushing down normally on the pad would. c:

No, it's not gonna just bust your circle pad immediately, but it will probably wear it down faster and/or make it start leaning slightly in that direction naturally, so it's more sensitive and likely to go in that direction. I have a GC controller with that slight problem. Nothing huge, but often characters will turn in that direction and even walk in that direction a little bit while barely touching it. o3o (I don't mean a similar problem where the character walks in a direction that can be solved by unplugging and replugging in the controller. This is a separate issue).

But anyway!

I think it's easy enough to just go back and forth on route 7, so I think it's far safer and more useful to hatch eggs there, especially when it's right next to the daycare anyway.

I've only used the Lumiose coin trick for happiness evolutions honestly. Leave that running for 20 minutes and it is usually enough. I've only done it twice ever though. My circle pad was a bit loose once but it has been fine since.

Okay, Silver! Want another Absol for one? xd.png

My Mewtwo is only weaker then my Delphox. o_o

Okay, I might pop on today to hatch more Absols...

Nah, I'm good. I have a box full of Absols from friend safari. I can never seem to get the IVs I need though. Always defensive ones, and Absol's defensive capabilities suck.

I'm missing Tepig and Chikorita as starters, if you have either I'll trade for them. Anything on my list actually I will trade for.

I have good attack ones. xd.png Mine are weird.

I can't find your list... These are the starters I have:

Squirtle

Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin

Torchic, Treeko

Chimchar

Totodile, Cyndaquil

Snivy, Oshawott

...Yeah...

Okay. I need a moment; My Pokemon are dying and I'm busy and you are too, apparently. xd.png

Taz: That's why you use a small coin, like a dime or a penny tongue.gif Quarters or larger can cause damage.

We don't have those coins here in aus tongue.gif just the 5c, 10c, 20c and 50c coins. But whenever I do use the lumiose trick, I snap a toothpick in half and sand down the broken end so it's smooth and flat, so there's no danger of splintering.

But wow, two shiny eevees within two batches of eggs, and still 6 boxes more to hatch. Shiny eevee is so silver.

FINALLY

I FINALLY HATCHED MY SHINY ICE CREAM

I was past 3000 eggs and I have never had a shiny hunt last this long EVER

I'M SCREAMING

c'':

It's male and missing an HP IV but I don't even care anymore and everything else is perfect |D

Wait wait I just realized I forgot to put Autotomize back on the Vanillite I was using to breed last time I took it out

,,,Oh well whatever |D

Still got my Ninjask so I can just Baton Pass speed to it anyways c':

I'll probs use the extra move slot for Rain Dance so I can use Water-Type 100 base power Weather Ball as opposed to Hidden Power |D

Or I guess I could run Hail because Ice Body but eh c':

Edited by Pika_Oi

1st wonder trade of the day and i received a shiny froakie 5IVs , but Torrent not Prot... Not bad anyway