7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I got a 6IV Perfect Shiny Pinsir for one of my shinx babies !! and i also got a lvl 62 shiny stoutland from wonder trade o.o

About to have my shiny Larvitar (with the right IVs)! Found someone to hatch it for me with the right TSV. Next up is Ralts!

Could someone explain to me the whole deal about 'tsv' and hatching a perfect shiny with it? I have no idea what it is....

Could someone explain to me the whole deal about 'tsv' and hatching a perfect shiny with it? I have no idea what it is....

perfect just means that the pokemon has all 6 stats having 31 IVs.

I don't know what tsv stands for exactly, but basically each egg has an ID number and if it matches your character's ID number, it will hatch shiny. so someone found a way to tell what the egg's ID is and you can then find someone with that ID and ask them if they will hatch it for you so it hatches shiny.

What I've gotten from Mudkips thus far (usually female):

*Lugia

*Moltres

*Giratina (lvl 100)

* Rayquaza!!!! (My fav. Pokemon collection is complete! My two fav pokemon: Rayquaza and Lugia! <3)

* Xerneas

* Suicune

* Raikou

* And I think a few others, I'll check... I may have gotten some of these lovelies from other trades, but I believe they're all from Mudkips.

perfect just means that the pokemon has all 6 stats having 31 IVs.

I don't know what tsv stands for exactly, but basically each egg has an ID number and if it matches your character's ID number, it will hatch shiny. so someone found a way to tell what the egg's ID is and you can then find someone with that ID and ask them if they will hatch it for you so it hatches shiny.

I know all about having perfect IVs, it was just the other part I was confused about. So I guess that means i'll have to hunt around to find out exactly how to get an egg's ID number, hm.

I know all about having perfect IVs, it was just the other part I was confused about. So I guess that means i'll have to hunt around to find out exactly how to get an egg's ID number, hm.

We do it using this. I've hatched a handful of shinies for people and gotten a handful of imperfect but perfectly usable ones myself via TSV hatching. Nowadays my shiny Noivern is on my Le Wow beatdown team.

And to answer your original question:

ESV = Egg Shiny Value. It's a hidden ID number on all Pokemon. It is a 4-digit number starting from 0000.

TSV = Trainer Shiny Value. It's a number calculated using your trainer ID number (which you can see) and secret ID (hidden value used to determine if you are the real OT in the very rare case that you trade a pokemon with the same trainer ID as you) and all Pokemon you catch/hatch will always have the same TSV attached, because they all have the same original trainer. For example, all Pokemon that I hatch/catch on my current save on my X cartridge have the TSV 0634. Notably, if I restart this game, I will end up with a different TSV.

When a pokemon is generated (laying an egg counts as generating a pokemon), it's given an ESV. TSV is set upon either hatching an egg or encountering the pokemon the wild. If ESV == TSV of the game it's on, then the pokemon is shiny.

Since the only legit way to "change" the TSV assigned to a pokemon is by hatching it with different people, similarly to soft resetting for high IV legendaries, TSV hatching is the practice of seeking out someone who has the TSV that matches your egg's ESV, sending it to them, and having them hatch it for you. Since the other person will be the original trainer, the ESV and TSV will match, and the egg that would hatch nonshiny in your game will yield a shiny in theirs.

Of course, this also leads to the slight complication in that your egg will then be a traded pokemon when it is returned to you. If you want a nickname, have the hatcher do it before they return your pokemon. I've had some... odd nickname requests myself.

Edited by Lythiaren

There are also other ways to get a hold of the info if you don't want to download anything. The battle method for ESV checks involves turning off autosave, hatching your eggs and battling someone who does have the necessary software to check for you, quitting out of the battle immediately, and then resetting to "unhatch" the eggs. TSV info can be obtained by catching any junk pokemon and trading it to someone who can check it for you. :3

There are also other ways to get a hold of the info if you don't want to download anything. The battle method for ESV checks involves turning off autosave, hatching your eggs and battling someone who does have the necessary software to check for you, quitting out of the battle immediately, and then resetting to "unhatch" the eggs. TSV info can be obtained by catching any junk pokemon and trading it to someone who can check it for you. :3

I have heard people are soft reseting after hatching eggs lol. Does that work? like hatching your eggs and no shiny and soft reset and hatch back? or the eggs id stays same and they all hatch same and over

Oh, I apologize! My bad ^^ I know some people consider clones to be cheating, so I wasn't sure if you were one of those people tongue.gif

Even though some do consider it to be cheating, I don't, since it's done in-game. Besides, I don't let those people tell me how to enjoy my games xd.png

~

About to have my shiny Larvitar (with the right IVs)! Found someone to hatch it for me with the right TSV. Next up is Ralts!

~

If anyone's willing to let me clone/trade me a cloned Diancie, I'd be very grateful c: It's currently the only (available) Pokémon I'm missing on my Dex (I have 718 atm).

It isn't meant to be in the game, though.

I have heard people are soft reseting after hatching eggs lol. Does that work? like hatching your eggs and no shiny and soft reset and hatch back? or the eggs id stays same and they all hatch same and over

It works if after soft resetting, you trade the egg to someone with the correct shiny value and have them hatch the egg for you. It's a much easier way to obtain shinies but I prefer mine to have my OT. tongue.gif

Well, cloning is a cheating imo. Whatever people says, it makes everything easier in an unfair way. Its same as Duping items in mmorpgs which is pretty much cheating.

I am kinda getting bored of the game because of it, i am putting my failbreed pokes and wanting like uber pokes like shiny dialga and stuff in GTS. And guess what i get them, i got many shiny legends like that. Why? because people are cloning,pokegenning and shinyfying their pokes and get whatever they want with them since they can clone them infinite numbers.

Thats why i am breeding my own stuff and mostly trading this suspicios pokemon like the shiny dialga lvl 19 with 6ivs i got today for a vivillion from GTS.

Diances omg, i dont want to start it even, now people are cloning different natures and lvls and spread them all over the pokeworld >_>

Or a lvl 100 shiny metagross i got from GTS for a lvl 5 growlith

When everything become so easy to get, it gets boring for me.

Edited by rayheart

I am trying to get a Mightyena. but they use roar and they run away on me.

Use a woobuffet then xd.png Shadow Tag.

Like I said, I strongly disagree. It has been in each and every Pokémon game since Red and Green, and Game Freak hasn't fixed X and Y's bug, despite the ability to launch updates. If they cared, they'd have gotten rid of it. Anyway, there's no way to tell, so all cloned Pokémon are legal at the very least. I still will always consider it legit, as long as it can be done within the game.

It might not be so simple to debug it. More likely you'd end up losing the Pokemon entirely if they did the easiest fix. I've heard the argument that it's been in so many games that it must be intentional, but I disagree with that, too. Like in Emerald, where it became possible but wasn't before hand in RS.

Like I said, I strongly disagree. It has been in each and every Pokémon game since Red and Green, and Game Freak hasn't fixed X and Y's bug, despite the ability to launch updates. If they cared, they'd have gotten rid of it. Anyway, there's no way to tell, so all cloned Pokémon are legal at the very least. I still will always consider it legit, as long as it can be done within the game.

They are not legit in my eyes, they are the copy of a pokemon just duped and stuff. I dont care if they cant fix it or what so ever. Its not the taste of my gaming style. There are tons of stuff to explain about it, you can keep on cloning , of course its your choice. But not mine.

I still find the argument about why it's cheating to be rather silly. Just because a game isn't intended to be played the way players play it doesn't make it cheating. I highly doubt GF intended for people to Nuzlocke the games, but it happens anyway. Still, I also highly doubt people consider Nuzlockeing to be cheating. Why is cloning any different?

I still find the argument about why it's cheating to be rather silly. Just because a game isn't intended to be played the way players play it doesn't make it cheating. I highly doubt GF intended for people to Nuzlocke the games, but it happens anyway. Still, I also highly doubt people consider Nuzlockeing to be cheating. Why is cloning any different?

I didnt say all of these glitching,programmes and stuff are legit lol. Its just all glitching, but pokegening and shinyfying are worst tbh. Cloning is least .Anyway, as i said i just breed my stuff myself even i had to trade with cloners since i need dex enteries still. The thing makes me sad, getting everything that easy and super fast just bores me lol. I didnt expect these stuff happening that fast.

I see nothing wrong with cloning. It's no different from RNGing to me, albeit a bit easier. I'm absolutely fine with exploits

EDIT: Also, to clone something. You have to get a legit one first. Someone did all the work to get that shiny, 5IV, 0SpA, Adamant Magikarp. Even if the version you got isn't the original

Though I really dislike outright hacking. I don't care what you do, so long as it's within the game's limits

Anywhales, I was wondering if anyone had an extra Charizardite X and/or Tyranitarite? I don't really have much outside some 3IV Inkay and Absol (Adamant and Jolly respectively) PM me if you happen to have one free ^^

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Is it from Johto? Because then it's likely from the Arceus event and perfectly legal

Is it from Johto? Because then it's likely from the Arceus event and perfectly legal

i will check it when i go to a pokecentre, hunting scatterbugs to get me more shiny legends :I

What's your pattern? Can't be Elegant or Modern, nobody ever trades for those ono *Has Modern* (Ima fake an Icysnow location for ORAS owo)

What's your pattern? Can't be Elegant or Modern, nobody ever trades for those ono *Has Modern* (Ima fake an Icysnow location for ORAS owo)

Sandstorm