7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

If anyone is ever interested in battling, just shoot me a PM. I'm game.

So, anyone else do some hardcore shiny hunting?

She's shorter, and the pigtails. But I don't think she's younger, maybe (Though you might want to look at her sprite a little closer...)

I think it's pretty much the same stuff for male and female players, but I haven't done a male character, so...

Usually, my main game is the male player character, X in this instance, and the off-game, Y, is the female. Mainly because in previous versions, I've found that it's easier to get female starters with the female character. This version, I'm not so sure it worked that way, though.

@ Dragonhatchling: You found your shiny Foongus in the Pokemon Village? That's where I found mine. ALSO in a horde battle. Plus, burned status? Good thing you caught her before she fainted. {Unless the picture was taken later and NOT right after the battle.}

EDIT - @ Arbock: That's sort of what I've been doing currently. Got Artemis the Illumise with Sweet Scent in the Party hunting horde battles. Haven't found one I REALLY wanted yet, but I was able to catch the Seviper in the horde of Zangooses. {Zangeese? Or is the plural of Zangoose also Zangoose?}

Edited by RicFule

@RicFule: She got caught with the burned status.... but had Ingrain working with her so it kinda cancled that out. My Talonflame burned her by accident.... and yes, it was at the Pokemon Village smile.gif

@Dragon_Arbock: Currently I'm hatching Hoothoot with a japanese Noctowl and one of my own Noctowl for wonder trade fodder.... as well as trying to get a shiny from them.

My Lanturn wasn't going to breed with my Ditto that I caught very well so I took a few chinchou babies I had from breeding two Lanturns and wonder traded for anything.... someone sent a japanese noctowl so I figured I'd breed those two instead xd.png

I'm also hunting for whatever shiny decides to show up in hordes thanks to my Foongus' Sweet Scent

I've been using a male Combee for hordes. It'll never evolve, and it's at the point where it won't learn anything else. Though as for shinies, I've had no luck from hordes....

... Although, I just now had my first instance of a Carbink appearing in a Roggenrola horde. blink.gif

That seems to be left up in the air, tbh... personally I kind of like to assume it did work, but that's because I can see my character coping by becoming some kind of world-traveling pokemon professor-ish figure and I just find that to be kind of a cool concept |D

Yeah true.

... Although, I just now had my first instance of a Carbink appearing in a Roggenrola horde.  blink.gif

that.... can happen? blink.gif

yes it can and its cool xd.png

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Yes, although it's a rather rare instance. Much like a Heatmor appearing during a Durant horde (which I still haven't seen yet).

I thought Y's story was supposed to be darker than X's?  blink.gif

In a world as bright as X tries to portray, long shadows are bound to be cast, and a shadow stands out more so against contrast than it would in the dark...

Edited by Luckyclaw

And after several hordes, I managed to find a shiny Murkrow!

... This is one of those times where I wish I had a good camera....

EDIT: Lonely Super Luck with a good IV in Sp Def. I'll get it checked by the IV guy later...

Edited by Lord X-Giga-X

@Lord

That's pretty cool.

For an observation, I've noticed a laughable number of shinies are varying degrees of pink.

@Lord: I still fail at battles xd.png just goes to show I suppose that I really don't do competitive battling much anymore.... though I wish I could use the pokebank (and could find my Platinum and Soul Silver game.... had some competitive pokemon specifically for those games... miss them <3 )

anywho, congrats on the shiny murkrow smile.gif I have yet to find another shiny. Or breed more Hoothoot....

Thinking about competitive battling kinda stresses me out when playing the game >.<

I always end up thinking about how my Pokemon suck, have EVs in all the wrong places (seriously, Blastoise is being sweeper and Delphox a special wall).

Well to be fair, you did manage to do a lot better than last time against my team. See how much of a difference setting it to Normal Battle made?

Also, I only used 5 Pokemon because I was kinda in the middle to drawing out hordes, so my last Pokemon was Combee. Be glad it was that and not the Scizor I usually have on this team.

Also thanks guys, although it was a long process. Basically, I decided on drawing out 20 hordes in each area capable of having hordes. I ended up skipping Route 14 because it was raining, so I ended up in Route 15. And after a total of 198 hordes, the shiny Murkrow showed up in the middle of the horde.

Anyway, I'm still at it to try to see if I can find others. Backtracked to Route 14 for a bit more hordes before it started raining again. And ended up skipping Route 19 because guess what? It was raining there too! Currently in Pokemon Village.

Edited by Lord X-Giga-X

That's a lot of rain Lord....

I thought only I got that much rain xd.png glad to know that I don't. But still, *sprays rain-away for lord*

I'm still trying to find rain to evolve Sliggoo. I try all the common places for rain (Geosenge, Kiloude, etc.) but its never raining.

I'd say the rain-way worked, except that it's still raining in Route 14. Great. Just... just great.

I guess this is where my horde quest ends for now. Overall, it was more successful then I thought, managing to get away with a shiny Murkrow. Speaking of which, I should get it checked by the IV guy. To Kiloude!

I'd say the rain-way worked, except that it's still raining in Route 14. Great. Just... just great.

I guess this is where my horde quest ends for now. Overall, it was more successful then I thought, managing to get away with a shiny Murkrow. Speaking of which, I should get it checked by the IV guy. To Kiloude!

Mrr? What does rain have to do with anything?

Okay, so I think I need some help. I'm trying to build a "competitive team", and I'm thinking a Trick Room team.

How does this sound?

Wailord-

Ability: Pressure

Nature: Quiet

Attacks: Water Spout, Surf, Ice Beam, Protect.

EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 SpD

Ampharos-

Ability: Static

Nature: Modest

Attacks: Thunderbolt, Charge, Power Gem, Confuse Ray.

EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 HP/ 4 Spe

Aggron-

Ability: Rock Head

Nature: Adamant

Attacks: Earthquake, Head Smash, Heavy Slam, Power-Up Punch/Thunderbolt.

EVs: No clue. Need help.

Hypno-

Ability: Inner Focus

Nature: Relaxed

Attacks: Trick Room, Psychic, Hypnosis, Protect.

EVs: 252 HP/ 196 Def/ 60 SpA

Machamp-

Ability: No Guard

Nature Adamant

Attacks: Dynamic punch, Wide Guard, Thunder Punch, Bulk Up.

EVs: 212 HP/ 252 Atk/ 44 Spe

Chandelure-

Ability: Flash Fire/Shadow Tag (Need opinions)

Nature: Quiet

Attacks: Trick Room, Protect, Heat Wave, Shadow Ball

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD

If anyone can help/critique, that would be great thanks ^-^

Updated ^u^

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

I think Reuniclus is good for setting up trick room; but you should have several pokemon in your team able to use that move. Otherwise, when trickroom user faints, your team falls apart.

Also, using speed EVs and IVs are risky.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Hmm, you may have a point KN. Also, I forgot a 6th Pokemon ;n;

Can you say "noob"? Lol sorry.

Most of my EV decisions are coming from Smogon, that's why KN.

I was actually think of having Hypno being my Trick Room guy.

Edit: Edited Original Post.

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

Smogon is often very reliable; using it as a guide is a wise choice.

If you have Hypno as a trick roomer, you'll need to choose one or two other pokemon who also use the move, just in case Hypno dies.

Aggron is a great choice for a Pokemon.

Though you don't have to change your team, Uxie, Mesprit, Drudigon, Slowking and Dusknoir are good trick room pokemon (although they're usually used more in RU). Chandelure is great as well. Heatran is a good alternative.

a good video of team using trick room (it's RU vs. OU, though) Edited by KoalaNoob

new person to the IV thing: I'm working on vulpix, I have one vulpix with 4/6 perfect IV and one with 5/6, so all the stats are covered, I gave one of them the destiny knot but I'm still getting vulpix that have 2/6. Am I doing something wrong?

new person to the IV thing: I'm working on vulpix, I have one vulpix with 4/6 perfect IV and one with 5/6, so all the stats are covered, I gave one of them the destiny knot but I'm still getting vulpix that have 2/6. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, it's annoying when it happens but it's possible.

Say for example the male has perfect hp, attack, defense and special attack and the female has perfect hp, attack, defense, special defense and speed. Getting a child with only 2 perfect IVs could happen by the child inheriting hp from either parents (perfect), attack from either parent (again perfect), defense as the wildcard (since the destiny knot only transfers 5 so 31/32 chance that it'll be imperfect), special attack from the mother (imperfect), special defense from the father (imperfect) and speed from the father (imperfect).

In general, the minimum number of perfect IVs from breeding two pokemon is the number of perfect IVs in the same stat that the parents share minus 1 (except for when they share none in which case the minimum is 0 =p). So in this case they share 3 perfect IVs (hp, attack, defense) and if one of those stats is not chosen to be passed down by the destiny knot, you're only guaranteed 2 perfect IVs.

Sorry if that was badly worded. =B

No that makes sense, thank you. They did breed me one with all perfect except for speed stat, which I think I can live with. I didn't give anyone an everstone I wasn't sure what nature I should go after.