7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Has anyone had issues evolving Eevee into Espeon? A friend of mine is having issues getting hers to evolve.

No trouble here, I have two Espeon and one of them is an awesome support lead.

Eh, I never used the Amie. Too much time and effort for something that only works on in-game battles.

Meanwhile, in Adventures in Masuda's Method, I've gotten past 580, and still not found a shiny. I had to release 523 due to a lack of space, as well. Fun.

Yikes 580 D= Good luck!

I myself just bred a shiny Kangaskhan whilst trying to breed for a regular 5 IV one and only caught the female from the wild like a half hour ago. Unfortunately as it didn't have a 5 IV mother it only ended up with 4 IVs being 31 with attack losing out and being just 16/17 and no idea about the special attack but who cares. =p Still stoked though since it's the first shiny I've bred beside in gen 4 when I bred a shiny feebas and even that's it. \o/

Yikes 580 D= Good luck!

I myself just bred a shiny Kangaskhan whilst trying to breed for a regular 5 IV one and only caught the female from the wild like a half hour ago. Unfortunately as it didn't have a 5 IV mother it only ended up with 4 IVs being 31 with attack losing out and being just 16/17 and no idea about the special attack but who cares. =p Still stoked though since it's the first shiny I've bred beside in gen 4 when I bred a shiny feebas and even that's it. \o/

Nice!

I'm past 700 now. Save me ;_;

I've decided not to try until I get the Shiny Charm (when we finally get Pokemon Bank).

Though hilariously, I have managed to get a shiny through the Masuda Method when I was doing something else entirely. Basically, I had a Jolly Protean Greninja with poor IV in Atk. Eventually, I decided that I should breed it for one with better IVs. So I ended up hatching multiple Froakies. HOWEVER, I did this with a German Ditto in Day Care. And during the process, one of these Froakie hatched as a shiny with Protean for its ability.

So yeah, my first shiny through an egg ended up being a Jolly Protean Froakie when I wasn't really trying.

how do you get them to hatch so fast? O>o

Flame body Talonflame + Centrico Plaza + coin under circle pad = fast, nearly hands-free hatching (you still have to press buttons once, "Oh?" appears). Makes it much more bearable.

Edited by PieMaster

Flame body Talonflame + Cebtrico Plaza + coin under circle pad = fast, nearly hands-free hatching (you still have to press buttons once, "Oh?" appears). Makes it much more bearable.

Can you use your skates? Everytime I try it doesn't work

I use my bike wink.gif It also helps that I'm using two Honedges rather than one and a Ditto--they make eggs faster.

Edited by PieMaster

I was going to try to hatch a shiny Beldum. Then I got quickly tired of the time it took to hatch them, so I went to Mudkip.

What's Centrico Plaza?

No trouble here, I have two Espeon and one of them is an awesome support lead.

They get killed by like everything though. Greninja is such a common lead these days too.

Has anyone had issues evolving Eevee into Espeon? A friend of mine is having issues getting hers to evolve.

What kind of issues is she having? If the Eevee's evolving into Sylveon, try deleting any Fairy-type moves it might have. If it's evolving into Umbreon, don't train at night.

If it's not evolving at all, you may need to increase its happiness. (This has nothing to do with Pokemon-Amie, apparently; to make the Eevee happier, you should use Potions or Soothing Bags, give it a Soothe Bell to hold, walk with it, or let it win battles.)

...Does that help any? I'm sorry if I made the wrong assumption.

I was going to try to hatch a shiny Beldum. Then I got quickly tired of the time it took to hatch them, so I went to Mudkip.

What's Centrico Plaza?

The section of Lumiose City where the Gym is.

It also helps to try to get the Hatching O-Power and get it to Level 3.

They get killed by like everything though. Greninja is such a common lead these days too.

Calm Mind/Baton Pass/Psyshock/Toxic, Magic Bounce, max Speed and HP :3

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Yes you need to be perfect bros with your fox-cat to get it into Espeon or Umbreon. Having a lv 2 Espeon was the best thing ever, just saying.

I think you can buy happy juice at the juice place too.

Calm Mind/Baton Pass/Psyshock/Toxic, Magic Bounce, max Speed and HP :3

Still going to get hit by night slash.

That's right. Scizor could easily beat Espeon with Night Slash, and Espeon can't learn any fire moves except Sunny Day.

You ignore the obvious fact that if I send out my Espeon and my opponent sends out something that is obviously going to murder my Espeon's face I'm going to switch.

You ignore the obvious fact that if I send out my Espeon and my opponent sends out something that is obviously going to murder my Espeon's face I'm going to switch.

But if Espeon is your last Pokemon, you can't switch. Although I guess you could use a revive and sacrifice Espeon...

Espeon can't learn any fire moves except Sunny Day.

What about Hidden Power Fire? It may not be super strong, but at least it's a fire-type special move... and when used by an Espeon with max Special Attack EVs, it could easily one-hit-KO a Scizor.

And you can't use Revives in competitive battles, can you?

Oh speaking of which- does anyone know of a forum/chat room/etc. for casual (aka non-competitive) battles?

Edited by Athkore

jegus people can I just use my espeon without getting infinite criticism

I use Pokemon I like. My team consists of Volcarona, Mawile, Espeon, Noivern, Lanturn, and Flygon-as-a-temporary-stand-in-for-Sceptile.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Well, Lampent with Flame Body equals lots of Mudkip. I've got a horrible internet connection on my DS, so I'll have to start releasing Mudkip sooner or later >.<

jegus people can I just use my espeon without getting infinite criticism

I use Pokemon I like. My team consists of Volcarona, Mawile, Espeon, Noivern, Lanturn, and Flygon-as-a-temporary-stand-in-for-Sceptile.

Using your favorite pokemon = WIN. That's why I can't stand competitive battling. If you don't pick from a certain pool of "top-tier" Pokemon you get picked on so badly.

Remember what Karen said in G/S/C? "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with their favorites."

My team (in-game, not for online battles) contains a whole lot of 'mons other people consider "weak"- but they kick SO much butt in normal play.

(PS, your team is amazing. Noivern/Flygon/Espeon/Lanturn for the win.)

Edited by Athkore

I use Pokemon that I like and that are strong. It makes for a good combination. This is my team:

Scizor

Machamp

Clawitzer

Gardevoir

Altaria

Ampharos

I use at least three Bug-Types at any given time and I don't care what anybody has to say about it |D