TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

I want to know what is going to happen to reed and Zagan before I post.

Are they going to be stuck in the cave still? or will the be teleported out somehow?

It's up to you whether you want us to RP out Zagan and Reed leaving the cave - the exit there is actually just a straight exit to the same forest.

Reed won't wake up until everyone besides Zagan leaves.

I don't mean to direct this at you, I just find this the right time to say this... I'd really appreciate it if people would read the entirety of news posts like that. It's a pet peeve of mine... ^^; I understand in your case, since the part this was in was directed to Puredark, but I'd still appreciate it if everyone would actually read through everything in the news posts I put up from time to time.

Sorry, I...I don't have an excuse. My exams start, uh, next month actually, sometime around the 20-30th? But I don't spend that much time studying typically so I'll probably still post. I didn't really think editing to include basically the exact same thing TalonCat said with the forest and everything was necessary since they're not supposed to be awake yet. I can go do that if you want though. I'm okay with a time skip.

kirstenhow: that sounds like a cool idea! I say go for it, if no one else in the RP objects.

Thanks~

Whenever you guys start accepting again I'll incorporate the idea then!

Don't have an excuse either... sorry, I'll try to be active again >_<

About the questions;

1. Yes, they do. Don't worry about that ^^

2. As long as you make it

3. Your RP, your rules. Sorry again for being inactive >_<

4. I though Tiramisu wanted to leave the group behind? I don't mind a time-skip if we tell each other how our charries would have acted. About Zagan and Reed, if you want to skip it I don't mind; just warning you that Zagan's going to be acting so fraking "The dust is going to get in my immaculate fur" that he'd hit himself in the face if he wasn't having so much fun messing with Reed

5. Do what you want~

About the Pokerus, the problem is that the games say clearly that it has no negative effects and will wear off with time, so it isn't a genetic sickness. More like a cold, and when it passes, you can't transmit it anymore. It doesn't mess with the DNA either (IV), just with the growth of the poke (EV), so a poke with the pokerus would grow faster than one without it but they both can become equally powerful. The games don't really say how the infected pokemon acts or looks, though, so the tiring out, coughing and looking a bit different like the Charmander tail and cocoon pokes can be an option. It just wouldn't be strong enough to kill or cause serious problems like dying while laying an egg.

Edited by Puredark006

Don't have an excuse either... sorry, I'll try to be active again >_<

About the questions;

1. Yes, they do. Don't worry about that ^^

2. As long as you make it

3. Your RP, your rules. Sorry again for being inactive >_<

4. I though Tiramisu wanted to leave the group behind? I don't mind a time-skip if we tell each other how our charries would have acted. About Zagan and Reed, if you want to skip it I don't mind; just warning you that Zagan's going to be acting so fraking "The dust is going to get in my immaculate fur" that he'd hit himself in the face if he wasn't having so much fun messing with Reed

5. Do what you want~

About the Pokerus, the problem is that the games say clearly that it has no negative effects and will wear off with time, so it isn't a genetic sickness. More like a cold, and when it passes, you can't transmit it anymore. It doesn't mess with the DNA either (IV), just with the growth of the poke (EV), so a poke with the pokerus would grow faster than one without it but they both can become equally powerful. The games don't really say how the infected pokemon acts or looks, though, so the tiring out, coughing and looking a bit different like the Charmander tail and cocoon pokes can be an option. It just wouldn't be strong enough to kill or cause serious problems like dying while laying an egg.

True although it was just an idea to balance it out. That and I do want an excuse to have a sick charmander walking around without infecting others...

I could probably take the kill/egg prob. out of it...it does sound a little much...

but I still want that chance for it to seem dangerous...I mean the game explained it by the "human poke center" terms...which doesn't give the pokemon view of it so it can be given a wide idea of what it does. The PMD games don't show it though if it can happen in the human world, why not the "pokemon" viewing world.

I promise I'm not fighting *just incase you think I am*

I'm just trying to make a unique set of a team and hopefully inspire later RP'ers to try something out and not having to be "in the norm" aka perfect pokemon...

No, don't worry, you aren't fighting, just defending your idea. Well, the games know when a poke has been infected even when the virus itself passes, so the sickness continuing even though it loses its infectious stage is possible.

Hm... In the human-conquered parts, battles are very regulated in the games, so if the sickness doesn't really affect a poke's performance and doesn't shorten its lifespan, maybe that's why they don't consider it dangerous? But in the wild, where battles are chaotic, a single cough in the wrong moment could spell defeat. Which could explain why the pokemon themselves can think it's dangerous. That, and human's knowledge about its benefits comes from researching it, which I don't think the pokes could do without access to necessary equipment. So maybe they don't know the pokerus benefits its host too, and think its something you should avoid? The virus is really rare, too, so not many would even know it exists.

Sorry if it looks like I'm fighting too; I don't oppose your idea, I'd just like it to not contradict canon too much... Though in the end it's Talon the one who decides. Now I feel like I'm meddling too much >_>

No, don't worry, you aren't fighting, just defending your idea. Well, the games know when a poke has been infected even when the virus itself passes, so the sickness continuing even though it loses its infectious stage is possible.

Hm... In the human-conquered parts, battles are very regulated in the games, so if the sickness doesn't really affect a poke's performance and doesn't shorten its lifespan, maybe that's why they don't consider it dangerous? But in the wild, where battles are chaotic, a single cough in the wrong moment could spell defeat. Which could explain why the pokemon themselves can think it's dangerous. That, and human's knowledge about its benefits comes from researching it, which I don't think the pokes could do without access to necessary equipment. So maybe they don't know the pokerus benefits its host too, and think its something you should avoid? The virus is really rare, too, so not many would even know it exists.

Sorry if it looks like I'm fighting too; I don't oppose your idea, I'd just like it to not contradict canon too much... Though in the end it's Talon the one who decides. Now I feel like I'm meddling too much >_>

Nah it's okay and thanks for doing so! It'll really help with the contradictions. That and gives the idea of mystery to the subject...

It's nice to have a good theory that will be contradicted anyhow at least then it'll become a better theory and almost become real!

Well, glad I helped, then ^^

Looking forward to meet your charrie!

Oi, Sailing, it's not like I didn't warn you guys in advance about my finals week.

Which, as evidenced by this post, is over! Today I had to clean out my room (a practically annual thing, thank Arceus, because it's a whole day thing), so I had no chance to post.

Edit: Posted!

Also, I'm accepting more people now that we're at the first town!

Edited by TalonCat

Well, Talon, if Reed and Zagan need to be in town to advance, then it's better if we skip it to not keep the others waiting. Zagan's just going to approach Reed as a Dodrio named Antranig asking for directions to Uranus and insisting it's actually possible to arrive there because a Clefairy told him so. Also, two of his 'heads' will get into a fight at one point or another. After bothering Reed for a while, or when Reed manages to shake him off, he'll just head to town with his Mienshao illusion and go to sleep.

Hi,

I'm interested in RPing as a Pokémon here, but where do I submit my character apps? I probably overlooked it, but...yeah.

Hi,

I'm interested in RPing as a Pokémon here, but where do I submit my character apps? I probably overlooked it, but...yeah.

Just send them to me and after looking them over I'll add them to the list of characters (on the actual RP thread).

@Puredark: Okay~ I'll do another timeskip to the morning then; it may take a little longer to write the post, again, so it might not be tonight.

Just wanted to say that my finals start this Saturday and end next Friday, so I'm going to be busy studying >_<

I'll try to post now and then, but it won't be much until they're over... sorry

Um...I'm posting to mention that I would have little to no time to RP until Saturday.

You guys only need to tell me if it's over a week or so, but thank you. ^w^

I was thinking about the battle system we'll have whenever we get to a battle (which may or may not be soon depending on how quickly we decide this)... We could use some sort of chance thing for the accuracy of moves, or just use discretion, or something else that you guys would like to come up with. Accuracy would be affected by the reliability/unreliability of moves (maybe + or - 5% either way?), and dodging (which would be considered one move) could reduce the chances of the move hitting by somewhere around 15-20%. But then who would determine if it hits, the one being attacked or the one attacking? And how many moves should be allowed per Pokemon per post? Combo moves (like an Aura Sphere x Shadow Ball explosion and all that)?

Just a note on Agatha. She's a little... Unstable. To but it lightly.

Also her hyper voice is unreliable, not because of a high hit or miss ratio. (it's a 100% accuracy move) but because for her, it's a one shot move. After she uses it, she can't use it again for a while, as well as Astonish or Perish song, as those require use of her voice.

Edited by sailing101

^^; I'll be going for a little vacation, so with questionable WiFi and an overall vacation feeling, I'll probably be gone for a week or so.

Something to ponder in that time:

It seems like the unreliability of moves is for different reasons for every Pokemon, so I think rather than having the accuracy drop across the board, everyone should choose 1 or more debuffs for each unreliable move. If you guys agree, go ahead and PM me the debuffs so I can add them to the character profiles!

Additionally, I think it would be a pretty cool optional thing to have each Pokemon have a specialty move they could add one reasonable buff to. However, they could only have one specialty move. I'm debating whether or not it should be one ever or one at a time (you would have to completely remove the previous specialty move). Example buffs would be increased accuracy, greater power, functional individual flairs (such as manipulating a Shadow Ball into different shapes, allowing the user a greater range of attacks using only one). What do you guys think?

To the two whose bios I haven't accepted yet, you may go ahead and post. If there are any further problems with your bios at this point, I'm sure they're extremely minor just by glancing over them. ^w^

EDIT: I'll give you guys the details on Laos as soon as I can, but I will let you know that the town contains a Shop, a Move Tutor, and a small storage box. I'll fill you in on the items on sale and the moves that can be taught as soon as possible.

Edited by TalonCat

The "Specialty move" Idea sounds alot.png like how moves could level up in Gates to infinity. It makes sense really, the more you use a move, the better at that move you should be. And since Agatha typically uses shadow sneak for anything that requires hands, (Since her species has none otherwise) She can use it multiple times over a wide area, with up to (Idk, let's say, to be reasonable,) 6 shadowy hands at once.

Like that?

If we're doing that, Zagan's would be Night Daze. Hmm, it's a move that releases energy in a sphere, so maybe it could hit multiple foes now? Something like that?

Requiem's, I don't know. Will check it out after exams are over, he's a difficult charrie ^^"

And I think it should be one at a time. What if the poke ignores its previous best move and starts focusing on other one? You'd have to decide when they practice enough to actually make it that strong, though

It sounds like a cool idea, I'm a bit tied on whether to make Iron tail or Dig the specialty move, both are Haldors most used moves, I was thinking either using his disjointed boulders and such, iron tail could be a very fast attack because he can pivot his body on the spot in a whip like effect, or when he digs he can move really fast, without making much shuddering allowing him for sneak attacks and the like... with that I agree with puredark, but we have to make sure we don't abuse it.

Could someone tell me which 'specialty' move would be better for Haldor from my suggestions, I really can't decide.

Hmm I don't really have specialty move ideas for either of my characters...I'll think about it.

Also psst Azurill is normal type

Marcus, judging by the bio, I'd say Haldor's specialty move would best be dig? 'Sides, it'd be giving a giant steel snake the ability to be sneaky, which is a huge advantage in surprise attacks and when he uses the move