TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

The steelix scolded Agatha for her coarse nature, and Agatha Flipped out, attacked Leo, hid underground briefly, and has now abducted a young Pokémon.

I get what your saying puredark, not sure whether we can incorporate the special stats yet cause if we could it would be great for bringing down Agatha. With that, how are you going to get her to join in the legendaries quest, assuming that's gonna happen eventually.

Sorry, had my last final yesterday night and I spent the whole of today sleeping ^^"

Looking up sizes for my post, and discovered the anime has been lying to us. Pikachus are tiny

Yeah, it isn't what we thought, when i was comparing steelix's stats i never realized just how short they all were, or how big a smeargle was...

Yeah, the anime, uh...depicts a lot of pokemon at different sizes than the official pokedex numbers. But then again, if we assume that wailord is cube-shaped, its density is comparable to that of hydrogen. And magcargo is hotter than the sun. Pokemon really just doesn't make sense in general.

Scolipede is freaking huge though. Atto is the second tallest pokemon in the entire RP, just behind Haldor, and would be even if he was 40cm shorter than an average scolipede. MY CENTIPEDE TOWERS OVER EVERYONE EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE TWO DRAGONS IN OUR LINEUP.

Yeah I compared haldor to everyone in the RP at the time of my reading it, including that legendary fellow who died. Tallest was Requiem at 1.9 meters (i don't know in feet), scolipedes are fairly tall though. I love how the two huge guys are also quick, its great. Haldors also very heavy... not sure of the rank.

Yeah, the anime, uh...depicts a lot of pokemon at different sizes than the official pokedex numbers. But then again, if we assume that wailord is cube-shaped, its density is comparable to that of hydrogen. And magcargo is hotter than the sun. Pokemon really just doesn't make sense in general.

Well, Wailord IS based off a blimp as well as a whale, but you have to remember, the pokedex entries are filled out by ten year olds.

Uhh not really sure where to post this, so sailing Haldors tail hasn't reached the surface yet, hes slowly pushing it up through the ground so that when hes near the top bree can give the final location and he'll strike... Also does anyone know whether perish song effects pokemon with sturdy? I don't think it does (assuming im full health)

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

It does affect them - Sturdy activates when hit by an attack, but the reduction in HP caused by Perish Song isn't considered one. Same with Focus Sash

EDIT: and sailing, you have just shed light on one of the greatest mysteries in the Pokemon series. Seriously, Oak can't be checking every single data the kids send him; why haven't people thought of that before? Suddenly it all makes sense O_O

Edited by Puredark006

Edited.

Yep, Perish song is one of agatha's getaway tactics. She gets knocked out as well, but the reviver seed fixes that. It's one of the reasons she's so dangerous, she's not afraid to use it in a crowded area. Her other method is to take a hostage, as seen here. Uses less reviver seeds that way.

Righto then, still immune to dying in the first hit is handy. I knew I should have got some reviver seeds, I think haldors too confident to buy them.

I'M SORRY EVERYONE! My mom blocked this website for three weeks. So could someone give me an extreme recap?

Wow, what happened?

Anyway Agatha kidnapped a young Pichu, Haldor and Bree went after him, and Leo has been revived.

I'm going to the US tomorrow for a week! I'll probably still post since there's going to be wifi in the hotels but probably not as often.

Thanks for the recap, sailing. It was test week, and I get distracted easily, so...yup. Anyways, how do you suggest I re-poof my characters in?

Hm, they could have followed Agatha taking a detour so they wouldn't be noticed, or they could have been doing crowd control to keep everyone from panicking or kids from doing reckless things, I guess? Ultimately it's your choice, since it depends on their personalities

And good luck on the tests, I hope you passed them all ^^

O_o Good lord, it's a full-on police chase isn't it? Guess I had lucky timing with Reed ollie-ing out of there. Tiramisu has been quietly brooding... I imagine I might make her do something rash out of annoyance... ^w^; To be honest, I haven't quite nailed down her character yet.

Alright... Business time!

1. Specialty moves are now officially included in the RP!

- Only one specialty move at a time. A Pokemon may replace their specialty move if they practice another move enough. (This requires a PM to me, just like reliable moves.)

- Specialty moves are stronger than other moves in an attribute that you may decide (ex: spread, power, versatility, accuracy, etc.), AND may be unique-looking.

2. I would really appreciate it if you guys had any ideas on how I could shorten the rules post. ^w^ It's horrendous to try to look through, and intimidating even for me. Unfortunately I lack any sort of lasting organizational skills and any sort of conciseness...

3. Would anyone mind if I brought back Gummis as just a simple food item? They'd have no special effects other than making a Pokemon less hungry, and would only be sold in towns and by merchants.

4. I'd now like to ask everyone to describe how unreliable moves are unreliable. (Whenever you want to is fine, just PM me it, preferably in another copy of your character bio if you still have it! ^w^)

5. Check out the Locations post for the info on Laos!

6. I think we established that there's no 'money', but trading items? If so, how should shops and Move Tutors work?

7. Could you guys show me that size comparison thing? ^w^ Got me interested over here.

8. I still need some help working out battles.

9. I'm really behind on the happenings of the RP itself, so if I've missed anything in the bios, please PM me!

10. Good luck on tests everyone!

OMG YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

With Tiramisu I'm detecting a slight split personality centered around nasty plot. Almost like she uses it often without realizing it.

1: Leo's Specialty is defiantly Faint Attack. He's quick enough when using it that some Pokémon incorrectly guess that he is somehow using teleport.

2: I'm not sure how to shorten the rules section, but really, I don't think it's necessary. A RP having well defined rules like this one is a diamond in the rough.

3: Agatha loves Gummis !

4: I think I'm good on the unreliability of my characters' moves.

5: got it!

6: the money issue has gone back and forth. I really don't know anymore

7: Here's the Link

8: My only recommendation is one or two moves per post in a battle, unless the battler is a boss.

9: I think you should PM everyone about that.

10: My tests were Months ago (Midwestern USA community colleges are out EARLY)

On a semi unrelated note, I posted this earlier, because it made me think of reed, but nobody said anything, so here it is again.

1.- Yay! Gonna PM you in a while with the updated char sheets then ^^

2.- Hm, maybe fuse some rules into one without omitting anything important?

3.- No prob~

4.- Same answer than 1

5.- *Goes check* D: I'd love Requiem to have Earth Power but he's too socially awkward to go ask Anareise to teach him and he'll probably run away anyway >_<" I still love you, my crazy Hydreigon

6.- Same as sailing, I'm lost ^^" But if money isn't allowed, we could pretend Haldor gave Atto an item to trade for the Reviver Seed?

7.- & 8.- What sailing said~

9.- No one really used items or anything, except the Haldor thing I mentioned in 6, so I think there's nothing to change in the bios

10.- Passed everything~ *does happy dance*

And sailing, I saw the image but forgot to comment ^^" If that Smeargle is Reed, he's a troll xd.png

Sorry, I've been kind of busy! I'll send a PM later when I get the chance c:

Alright, here's my idea for the money issue: because it simplifies things, money exists. There won't be a tally of it, though, so your character has as much money as you play them to have. So have fun with that! >:3 I'll just have to make sure everyone needs to use their items more often, no?

With battling... Would you guys prefer a complicated battle system (with a damage calculator, IVs, etc.) or just a simple battle system (essentially what's going on with Agatha right now)? If we used the complicated one, I feel there would be more surprises in the outcomes of battles; it would also only be used in major battles (where I would give the opponents' profiles or otherwise signify it). There's also the issue of accuracy...

@sailing:

Urgh, just barely alive after that Las Vegas heat... 120 degrees at night! We had the top down on the Jeep and everyone huddled around the air conditioner...

xd.png I always thought that Smeargle had it out for me... There was only one flag out of all of them that I like and he always gave me the other ones!

Thankies for the link!

*does the happy dance with Puredark*

EDIT: Also, I've decided to allow Luminous Orbs as an explosive light source. ^w^

Edited by TalonCat

The problem with precise battling is that this is a Mystery Dungeon RP, so we're probably going to gang up against only one or two bosses, so using one-vs-one calculators would make it too easy for us. It could be solved by giving bosses an absurdly high amount of HP like the games do, though.

The system we use really depends on how much work people want to put on it. I mean, the most precise and fair one I can think of would be having the charries' HP and stats somewhere and updating it every time someone attacks/uses an item/whatevs, but that may be too much work. I think we can just trust each other to keep our charries' damage in mind and to decide if moves hit or not, like we've been doing, but I agree on major battles (like legendaries) having a special treatment. RNG for accuracy, damage calculators, HP with actual numbers; hit us with your best~ That's just my opinion, though