TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

I agree with Puredark, it would probably be way too much effort to calculate damage and such against basic pokemon. It does work a lot more for legendaries but its still going to be fairly difficult to calaculate. With that, what would happen if two people p[ost about attacking a legendary at roughly the same time, would someone calculate the damage in the next post?

Also what is 120 degrees in Celsius?

Which of these three?

120F-->48.49°C-->322.04K

248F-->120°C-->393.15K

-243.67F-->-153.15°C-->120K

(BTW, boiling water temperature is 212F-->100°C-->373.15K)

About the legendary thing, I'm guessing Talon is going to be the one doing the damage calculation for them, since I'm guessing she'll be controlling the bosses. That way, we don't know how much HP they have left until she says the battle's over

Which begs the question; if we fight a major battle against a character one of us owns (like you guys are doing with Agatha), would the enemy still have the HP boost? In the games, even though the legends had hundreds of HP points, when recruited they were just normal, so...

It took two Iron tails and a Shadow ball to KO her.

Considering her high def, but normal special def, That's within the norm.

Edit: reed's nickname for Leo is sheriff, and his fighting style is like a ninja's. I now have an image stuck in my head of Leo wearing a cross between a ninja outfit, and cowboy gear.

EDIT: Talon, you weren't the only person who hadn't posted for a while, perhaps you should pm everyone to see if they are still interested.

Edited by sailing101

Talon, you weren't the only person who hadn't posted for a while, perhaps you should pm everyone to see if they are still interested.

I'm considering doing another of those "post within one/two/three weeks or you're out" things as soon as we leave the first town. Quite honestly, I need people to be checking the OOC thread, so this time I'm just going to put the warning both here and in the RP itself with a bolded reminder to check the OOC thread from time to time; no PMs.

( ^^; As much as I'd try to avoid being lazy, if people don't have a strong enough interest in the RP to check anything to do with it for three weeks, I can't do anything about it. (Of course I'll make the usual exceptions for vacations, depression, illness, grounding, school, etc.) )

With the battle system, I think we'll just stick with the standard RP-style battling all around, though I myself might use damage calculators or the like to have a few surprises~ Legendaries will have the huge amount of HP they had in the games, although they will retain this even if they side with the group.

xd.png And sailing, that would look absolutely hilarious.

Arghhhhh, I can't think of how to introduce this minor character...

But there are no doubt some who think that YOU had lost interest.

It's the curse of being the op. Sometimes you're lucky enough to have someone with a microplot in mind to carry some people through your absences, (Ie ME, and now) But even then, some people simply stop checking when the Op is gone for a few days, even if they are truly interested.

It's been the death of every RP I've been in.

I feel like I'm somehow cursed to kill very RP I touch.

PLEASE BREAK MY CURSE

Edited by sailing101

But there are no doubt some who think that YOU had lost interest.

It's the curse of being the op. Sometimes you're lucky enough to have someone with a microplot in mind to carry some people through your absences, (Ie ME, and now) But even then, some people simply stop checking when the Op is gone for a few days, even if they are truly interested.

It's been the death of every RP I've been in.

I feel like I'm somehow cursed to kill very RP I touch.

PLEASE BREAK MY CURSE

Nonetheless, those people most likely never caught the post I made about my being absent for a week or so...

^^; Although that is a good point. I could send some PMs when I get a chance. I think I'm missing a few people on my list...

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY KILL ONE OF MY RPS

(( Pardon the double post! ;A; ))

I sent out some PMs to people I don't recall having seen post in a while!

;A; I'm sorry for going dead, I'm still stuck on this one idea...

FINALLY got the stable Internet connection and ATM writing from the phone. This roaming ate me and my money for breakfast...

I am sorry for being absent for a while. Recap, please?

If one or two of your characters could give Haldor a nudge while he sleeps (reed use wake up slap or something) I'd really appreciate it.

Hi everyone! I've just been accepted into the RP, and I look forward to playing with you all. Just look out for the Scizor in a top hat. Also, um, does anyone know how I should introduce Mister Buggles to the RP?

Recap for TheTron:

Latios gave a speech telling everyone that Darkrai has been capturing the other legendarys, but it may not be Darkrai. Latios then advised to find the lake spirits, and Kyurem (Very carefully), before leaving.

The crowd then began discussing the news, at which point, a Mismagius named Agatha began drawing some attention. A steelix tried to have her be more respectful of others by saying he was once part of a rescue team, but that only ticked her off. At that point, Leo noticed the commotion, and recongnised Agatha as a wanted outlaw.

Agatha then attacked Leo and the crowd with Hyper voice, abducted a Pichu, and ran off.

Fast forward to after the battle, and Agatha has been stopped.

Anyone still alive here?

Also, I just read Mister Buggles's character form and...do humans exist in this universe? I remember your partner from Gates to Infinity saying that they thought that humans were just a myth. Not sure how you can just kind of wander into another world like that.

It's not outright stated, nor will it be when I start RPing as her, but it is heavily implied that there are multiple universes and that traversing between them is possible. I mean, what d'you think Dialga and Palkia did all day?

Edited by colourcodedchaos

Imma here, but since Zagan and Requiem are on their own, there's not much sense in posting yet. And welcome, colourcodedchaos!

MD games are a bit weird to begin with, and I'm not gonna talk since I haven't even finished Sky or GTI yet, but if Talon approved the form I guess it's canon now, at least in this RP. Besides, she did mention that "human as a back-story" was possible, so humans must exist somewhere, even if it's on a different plane. The wandering part is a bit confusing though ^^"

Im still here but as Haldors sleeping... I can't really do too much. And woo another original steel type, we got to stick together... Buggles biggrin.gif Best name EVER!

I'MALIVEI'MALIVEI'MALIVEI'MALIVE

What, people were waiting on me? ^^; Sorry... Not going to lie, I just honestly could not write a single word this past week. No reason whatsoever, I just couldn't touch it.

I believe once everyone's done with Laos we can head off to find the Lake Trio or Kyurem then?

With the alternate universes/dimensions/etc., I approved the idea because the humans don't exist within any sort of viable distance that they could play a part in the plot. ^^; As for the stumbling in, if it's okay with colourcodedchaos then it could be as a result of Palkia's incapacitation weakening the stability of space.

Edited by TalonCat

If we go For the lake trio, Then Leo would suggest going to Fogbound lake first, as his hometown is also within Foggy forest.

And sorry for dragging the fight on for 3 pages. user posted image

If we go For the lake trio, Then Leo would suggest going to Fogbound lake first, as his hometown is also within Foggy forest.

And sorry for dragging the fight on for 3 pages. user posted image

Just a warning about that, the Legendaries won't be in the same places as in the games. ^w^

Well, Perhaps it can still be on the way?

Edit: I've been watching bleach on hulu, and I know realize that's what inspired Leo for me.

Leo fights ghost types,

A soul reaper fights hollows

Leo uses faint attack

A soul reaper can use the flash step

It all matches up laugh.gif

The things your subconscious can do

Edited by sailing101

So now Leo's a shinigami too? Best character ever xd.png

...We need to find someone who can draw Leo in ninja clothes, with a cowboy hat, his trademark Scope Lens and a zanpakuto.

Does Mister Buggles' random magic stuff - playing cards, flags-of-all-nations, glittery powder, &c - count as a carried item in her bag? Because I doubt it'll have much effect in combat, or be used in it for anything other than egregious comic relief.