TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

Was the stone bridge thing actually stated at any point? I went back and read the first post in which it was mentioned before writing that post, and that just said it was a narrow bridge, nothing else. (Unless I somehow missed the stone part, I'm pretty tired.) Did that fact get established later on? I don't feel like trawling through a bunch of pages to find that again ._.

Was the stone bridge thing actually stated at any point? I went back and read the first post in which it was mentioned before writing that post, and that just said it was a narrow bridge, nothing else. (Unless I somehow missed the stone part, I'm pretty tired.) Did that fact get established later on? I don't feel like trawling through a bunch of pages to find that again ._.

I don't think I ever mentioned outright it was stone, haha... I meant to imply that it was sort of a natural thing, but I didn't really do that well with that. ^^

Bluh.

You know what, I'll just go back and delete that. It was terrible anyway.

Bluh.

You know what, I'll just go back and delete that. It was terrible anyway.

^^; I'm sorry - I'll try to make the descriptions more clear next time!

- Pokemon are expected to be respectful of the Pokemon they eat, and in the case they eat someone's family member (and the family brings this to attention) they are expected to help take care of the family.

Or you could nom on the whole family if they object O_o

- Are ghost-type Pokemon actual ghosts?/ Can ghosts take the shape of ghost-type Pokemon?

My headcanon is that sometimes when a Pokemon dies it's reborn as a Ghost-type. I don't know if some/all would retain their memories of when they were 'alive', though. Anyway, my opinion is we let sailing decide since he's the only one with a charrie close to a ghost-type

Edited by Puredark006

My headcanon is that sometimes when a Pokemon dies it's reborn as a Ghost-type. I don't know if some/all would retain their memories of when they were 'alive', though. Anyway, my opinion is we let sailing decide since he's the only one with a charrie close to a ghost-type

That's pretty much what I'd go with too.

That doesn't really make sense to me, because if that's the case, then there would be way more ghost pokemon than other pokemon. Besides, ghost pokemon are pokemon too, so what happens to them when they die? To me it just seems like they're creepy intangible pokemon and some of them consume life energy, with a few exceptions like yamask. Fire-type pokemon aren't literally fire either.

...wait a minute. If yamask/cofagrigus are human ghosts, how do they exist in PMD?

That's why I said 'some'; if not, they'd be more common than Rattatas. Maybe those who really had something to do on their previous life, or maybe it's a luck thing. And when a Ghost Poke dies, it's the end and they go to wherever the others go. Or maybe it's a combination of both, like you said: only some Ghost-types are pokes reborn, the rest are just another type of Pokemon.

...Maybe Yamask's evolutionary line is kinda rare? They DO have a creepy origin O_o wonder what they'd say if we ever encounter one in the RP, specially if their conversion is something like this

((Why would Allen be resisting evolution? Lampents evolve with Dusk Stones *is confused*))

That... would be my mistake. X'D Again. I have to say, I've always kind of avoided the Litwick family altogether (they freak me out)... But nonetheless, I'll leave it in there because of certain circumstances Allen is under which would make it plausible for him to say that. Nonetheless, I'll make sure to check Bulbapedia a little more. ^^;

Also, to clear some things up, I am an incredibly unreliable narrator and I plan to remain that way until a certain point in the story. So-! Don't take everything the characters under my control say to be true!~

I was thinking Allen was a ditto in disguise and that was why it was acting like that xd.png

He thinks there are tiny things trying to kill us all, and will react violently should anything get near in his current state. He's not really paying attention to Allen or Landorus, so I was waiting a bit before posting as him.

I was thinking Allen was a ditto in disguise

My name is Tyndall, and I am a Ditto - not a Lampent.

Holy macaroni O_o

Sorry! I had midterms! Can anyone give me a recap? I don't know what's going on right now...everyone's in a group, right?

Location-wise, everyone's still where they were.

Plot-wise, the Lampent who was supposed to be Allen turned out to be a Ditto named Tyndall in disguise. According to him, he guards one of the entrances to Palkia's domain, and the real Allen plus some other pokes got transported there. He's now saying there's a portal at the bottom of the pit that will lead us to safety and that we should jump, and the Wobbuffet near the portal (he's the one keeping it open) is yelling what's taking so long. Tiramisu asked Requiem for a lift down, but just got attacked with a Dark Pulse for no seemingly good reason.

Hope that helped ^^

Oh. Uh. Thanks. But what the Zargon are Rena and Cobalt supposed to do...?

I'm sensing a nasty plot induced split personality from Tiramisu.

biggrin.gif

Just waiting for Techno...

Just a small question cause I LOVEEEE your Rp thread and hope to join soon...

Is Poke'rus allowed?

like having the pokemon "sick" but with the better affects of being "stronger"

It's technically weighted out if people understand that it is an ailment and can harm the pokemon even if it makes them stronger...

I asked because one of my main characters I like to Rp as has this condition and it's assumed that she is constantly tired out and coughing but she can at least fight and have surprisingly higher attack than normal. *though I promise not godly just a better attack stat*

I can indefinitely keep up with it and even have made a reason of how it came about and how it spreads.

so how about it?

Just a small question cause I LOVEEEE your Rp thread and hope to join soon...

Is Poke'rus allowed?

like having the pokemon "sick" but with the better affects of being "stronger"

It's technically weighted out if people understand that it is an ailment and can harm the pokemon even if it makes them stronger...

I asked because one of my main characters I like to Rp as has this condition and it's assumed that she is constantly tired out and coughing but she can at least fight and have surprisingly higher attack than normal. *though I promise not godly just a better attack stat*

I can indefinitely keep up with it and even have made a reason of how it came about and how it spreads.

so how about it?

I personally have no problems with it, or the way you said you'd RP it; but seeing as I've tried to leave as much as possible up to the other members of the RP, I think I'll continue with that. I'd love to hear your idea about how it would spread - would your character still have the infectious form or the noninfectious form, by the way?

And even if people don't particularly want Pokerus per se in the RP, your character can always just be a more sickly Pokemon with a higher attack stat. ^w^

I personally have no problems with it, or the way you said you'd RP it; but seeing as I've tried to leave as much as possible up to the other members of the RP, I think I'll continue with that. I'd love to hear your idea about how it would spread - would your character still have the infectious form or the noninfectious form, by the way?

And even if people don't particularly want Pokerus per se in the RP, your character can always just be a more sickly Pokemon with a higher attack stat. ^w^

It spreads through the family, it's a sort of mutation to some but also a sickness to others...like a cancer!

Many pokemon don't find out until they have ethier evolved for the first *or second* time, or a healing/aura'd *aka lucario etc.* pokemon can sense a difference between them and healthier pokemon. Some pokemon of the same species can tell a difference to such as charmanders with their tails or cocoon pokemon with soft shells *metapod, kakuna, shelgon* it can vary between pokemon depending on how bad it spreads through the body.

My character wouldn't be able to transmit it to others from coughing, etc. but she can breed with another pokemon and that offspring can either carry it or have it entirely.

In all it will raise some questioning to the healing pokemon community *audino, chansey* since there isn't a cure and more likely won't be one for a good while.

(even if people aren't in this rp, they couldn't figure it out either anyhow)

The Poke'rus can go dormant though so not to kill the pokemon entirely though it speeds growth causing the pokemon to be stronger in attack and sometimes larger than normal pokemon though not in a good way.

Many pokemon with the virus die during mid evolution line or early in the last evolution line. This means widowing to forever mates or a mate could die during egg laying.

don't worry about eggs though my character will not have any since she understands how dangerous the virus is from her mother having the virus. Most likely she'll help out or adopt if needed though that's far later on and may not even reach that point.

Sorry for the long reply but this is the full explination to the virus itself...

Poke'rus, Poke Virus, or even Cancer for Pokemon *which is a tad over board but true*

*pokes* Heellllooo? Guys? I promise there's a more direct plot once we actually get to town! *dangles plot in front of you*

It'd be kind of great if you guys could tell me when your testing dates are in advance so I can know when there will be lulls. (For reference, my final exams are the week of the twenty seventh this month.)

Soooo... It's taken around six months to start the RP and almost get out of the very first area, if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to be completely honest and say I'm very impatient, so this has been bugging me a lot. Because of that, I'd like to know something:

1. On average, do my posts give you enough to move forward?

2. How long would you like this RP to be? (I was initially going by towns, and in towns it would have been around fourteen towns... Which at this rate would take us around seven years to finish, assuming there's only one "dungeon" between every town (which there isn't).)

3. Would any of you be averse to me putting in a posting once or twice a week rule (which you'd be able to skip, of course, if you gave me a legitimate reason such as testing or illness (preferably before your absence))?

4. Can we do a time skip from when everyone leaves the cave to when they get to the town (which is just outside the forest limits)? (@Puredark: It's up to you whether you want us to RP out Zagan and Reed leaving the cave - the exit there is actually just a straight exit to the same forest. X'D I hope no one feels cheated about how everyone could have just cleared the rocks and moved on - but you guys got more plot out of me this way, so.)

5. Do you have any suggestions for how the RP is handled in respect to these things or other things?

@Kirsten: Just reiterating, I'll let everyone else choose whether or not that idea for Pokerus is canon for the RP. ^w^

I want to know what is going to happen to reed and Zagan before I post.

Are they going to be stuck in the cave still? or will the be teleported out somehow?

Sorry, I...I don't have an excuse. My exams start, uh, next month actually, sometime around the 20-30th? But I don't spend that much time studying typically so I'll probably still post. I didn't really think editing to include basically the exact same thing TalonCat said with the forest and everything was necessary since they're not supposed to be awake yet. I can go do that if you want though. I'm okay with a time skip.

kirstenhow: that sounds like a cool idea! I say go for it, if no one else in the RP objects.