TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP OOC

actually, I was planning on him doing that and reasoning that the voices led him where he wanted to go, and made him take a detour because something bad would have happened otherwise

get out of my mind D: really, it's dangerous in there

Which makes me think how a life draining will o whisp would see him.

Would it see a madman, a conundrum, or a three course meal?

the voices aren't exactly real; they're auditory hallucinations. Requiem's only one Pokemon, just a kinda crazy one. So, his life energy would be a single one, like a normal Hydreigon.

I don't really know if it would show his mental state, though, or allow that Poke to also hear the voices - it depends on how 'life energy' works for you. If it helps, I'm going with the theory that the voices are actually there (like thinking; there's a voice in your head right now reading this for you, right?), but Requiem can't know they come from himself because some parts of his brain don't work properly, so he attributes them to different persons speaking to him. If for example Bree reads his mind, she'd hear them too

Edited by Puredark006

Hey, what outburst is everyone talking about? Tiramisu was the one yelling shut up, not Landorus - sorry I didn't make that clear.

Techno;

Reed and Zagan are talking near the chamber where everyone woke up in, through a hole that I think is the one in the wall where lava came from earlier.

Requiem is somewhere in the hallways, moving as fast as he can.

Landorus guided Leo, Rena and Cobalt to the cavern that Tiramisu and Bree were in. It's blue and really huge, with a near-bottomless pit and a narrow bridge above it. Landorus is saying that the exit is at the other end of the bridge. Tiramisu is already a fourth of the way by, clinging to it as if her life depended on it, and Bree is floating right behind her. The other four are still at the entrance to that room.

Hope that helped ^^

As far as I know, Techno has either been extremely busy or hasn't had internet for a while (her Sig said something). I haven't posted for a while because I'm trying to get an art project done at the last minute, haha.

If you guys could just continue, that would be great - I don't have many other ways to draw out the current situation considering Landorus is going to continue sitting there like an evil mastermind unless someone won't go in, Reed's asleep, and Tiramisu will continue in her merry way of inching forward while clinging to the bridge...

ASFDASGAHL I'm sorry guys. I got...kind of very extrememly confused as to the posiotns of everyone. But thanks, Puredark! I'll be posting now...

Sorry, sorry! I've been kind of busy lately. My English teacher is a butt. Anyway, Bree's just kind of hovering there awkwardly now because she's not sure whether or not she should carry Tiramisu across without permission from her. I guess I could write up a reaction to Requiem bursting through the wall or something. Aaaahhh hold on.

From what i can tell, the pit takes up most of the room, other than the bridge, and possibly ledges near the entrances.

I cut the post there in case anyone would react quickly, but I can expand on it to give you guys something else to work with if you want

Added two small paragraphs at the end. Can't really add more than that, since Requiem has to recover his breath after the hit

Hi! I'm alive! ^^; I'm really really really REALLY sorry - I went to China for spring break, and I was told we were going to have WiFi in the hotel, but then we found out it was only in the lobby. Add in we had to use the buddy system, so I couldn't get down there terribly often (plus typing on phones = yuck), and that contacting my parents was kind of top priority...

I'll post sometime in the next day or so. 13 hour plane jet lag is absolutely fantastic. xd.png

You went to china? Lucky...

don't worry about posting quick, then; jet lag sounds horrible O_o

Well, in other news, I just finished the new mystery dungeon game for 3DS last night, so if you need anything Talon, let me know.

Wait WHAT? You got Gates to Infinity, sailing? So lucky! But then again, I'm not really sure when it's released where I am.

On another note...which part of China did you go to, Talon?

Ehehe, I got Gates to Infinity too. >:3

I went to Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai! It was smoggy, but amazing!~ (Also, if any of you ever go there, bring tissue. Squatter toilets, squatter toilets as far as the eye can see - and not a roll in sight, if you get what I mean.)

So, RP matters!

While it would be incredibly difficult, there's still a chance to avoid a full-on fight with Landorus. He is just a bit insane at this point, so your options would likely be along the lines of stunning, OHKO-ing, or otherwise incapacitating the paranoid egomaniac (not the sleeping one, haha).

Second matter of business: Gates to Infinity items. Should we add them in? Looking them over, I'd have to limit a few of the items (although surprisingly few - the "Custody Orb" would be remarkably useful for the people in this RP without a bag as their held item, although it brings up another issue). For example, the "devices" would be straight out banned, gifts would be useless, and the flags... Actually, the flags would be somewhat useful, though I'd have you guys decided if they're overpowered or not.

Third matter of business as we will soon be approaching the first town! (I know, thanks to me it's taken how many months? I honestly intend to make this go more than a little faster, because it's a long ride ahead I hope!) Item banking! Yes, no, limited - what would you guys like? If you want it, I'll gladly add a banking section to each character's profile and supply Kangaskhan Rocks from time to time. (As a side note with this, I'd also rather keep Poke out of the RP (ECONOMY ARGHHHHHH), so the world is based on trading items. Because of that, banking also would be remarkably useful, therefore making the Custody Orb doubly remarkably useful.)

Related to that, I'd like to ask if anyone sees any changes that needed to be made to their characters' profiles that I forgot to make (held items, etc.) To make it a little less stressful for me to keep your profiles up to date, I'd also like to ask for a certain format in the RP itself when actions are performed that require me to edit profiles (finding an item, changing held items, learning/forgetting a move, etc.). If your character does something like that, I'd like to ask that at the end of your entire post you add a separate section like in this example.

EXAMPLE:

This is my main RP post. Joey the flaming Rattata was sick of his Mobile Scarf. He threw it into a flaming pit, where the flames engulfed it slowly. The blaze made Joey so happy that he put his Apple on his head.

[ JOEY

- Mobile Scarf was discarded.

- Held Item: Apple. ]

This is the next post I make. However, he soon realized this was silly and dangerous for his dear Apple, so he returned it to his fur and wrapped a Gold Ribbon around his neck like a sensible man. Joey's amnesia made him forget how to use the move Amnesia. The Rattata hates his life very much.

[ JOEY

- Apple returned to Inventory.

- Amnesia was forgotten. ]

So yeah. There we go. It makes these things a lot easier to see - I'll do likewise with game-mechanic-like things (turn/post-based events such as the Fissure, items). Also, in regards to items, there will be quite a few more once we get to other places. This place has been untouched and flaming for quite a while, but for the most part other places will be more well-traveled.

Aaand what I believe to be my last topic, collective headcanons for the RP. I'd like to have some more ideas for the world decided upon. Based on these, I'll make certain planned events happen one way or another (not getting any more out of me than that, haha).

Super happy questions for you guys time!

1. Can Legendaries die?

1a. If so, are they reborn?

2. Is Arceus the creator of the world?

2a. If so, is it separate from the world and distanced (and therefore uninvolved in the story), or part of the world (and therefore counted among the other Legendaries on Darkrai's Legendary Hit List of Evil and Nightmares)?

3. Do you have anything else you'd like to add?

With that, I end this news bulletin!

I haven't play Gates of Infinity, so I can't offer an opinion on that ^^"

Storage would be really useful, as long as its Stones and not real Kangaskhans; in the game it made sense since players were always in the same town, but when traveling you can't expect all the Kangys to have the extra-rare item you deposited for use at every town.

As for my opinion on the questions,

1. Latios died in the third movie, so I guess they can

1a. It would depend on whether they're 'unique' legendaries or not, like the naming issue. For example, if Palkia dies, I guess it'd be reborn because there's only one and it'd disrupt the balance of the world. But Legendaries like Latios would remain gone, since there's more than one so they DO have a way of reproducing trainers in the games aren't aware of.

2. The Pokedex entry says he is, so it's canon. In my head he lets himself be captured just to pass time because he'll still be alive when the trainer dies

2a. Taking into account Giratina has its own world and Arceus ranks higher, I'm imagining him watching the events of the Pokemon world from a safe distance, eating popcorn while sprawled on a galactic sofa wondering where the remote went so he can change planets (hint: Deoxys hid it)

3. There's something I've been meaning to ask: How is Pokemon eating each other viewed? It's mentioned several times in the games that it can happen, including the MD ones - there's a team where a Wurmple is afraid his partner Swellow will end up eating him. So, would it be an accepted part of the society that everyone doesn't think too much about, or would it be a big deal? BTW, tvtropes has some options listed

I just got Gates of Infinity, too!!! I haven't seen all the items yet though so I can't comment on custody orbs. What if we used the storage boxes instead of Kangaskhan rocks? Kangaskhan rocks have never made sense to me. They're rocks that are shaped like a particular pokemon...and that means you can store items in them for whatever reason?

And yeah, I pretty much agree with Puredark on the headcanon questions. As for the pokemon eating each other thing, I think that we should still do that and have it be a casual everyday thing. Although if you just ate your coworker or best friend or something, you would probably get a few weird looks.

(I'm from China! China is cool. I...don't think I've ever had any toilet issues when I visited? Although with us it was mostly relatives' houses and fancy restaurants, so I don't know.)

I tend to immagine that Pokemon who actively eat other Pokemon get clasified as outlaws Very quickly. After all, in gates to infinity {spoiler} Hydreigon spent the first part of his introduction promising never to eat, devouer, maul, dismember, crush, consume, destroy, or kill the protagonist.{/spoiler}

As for the lack of using money, the reason Leo is reluctant to use Pay Day is because he feels that making money isn't fair to other Pokemon who have to work for it. It's part of his character. However, he will occasionally use it to help someone in need, (read; flat broke) or to entertain a young Pokemon. (Coin from ear trick)

Not having money in the RP will limit that.

For banking, do deposit boxes sound good for everyone? That seems to be the best option so far (same thing as Kanghaskan Rocks anyway).

@sailing: To work that in it could be kind of like how gold would be worth a whole ton in trading - Pay Day provides a lot of gold coins, pretty much all you would need to live for at least a week, I would imagine.

It seems like everyone just about agrees on the Legendaries - can die, major Legendaries get reborn.

For the Carnivore Confusion, I propose these compromises:

- Pokemon do eat other Pokemon; however, they obviously don't eat anyone associated with them (or it would be more of a murder sort of thing).

- Excessive eating of Pokemon in a sort of malicious way would lead to being classified as an outlaw.

- Pokemon are expected to be respectful of the Pokemon they eat, and in the case they eat someone's family member (and the family brings this to attention) they are expected to help take care of the family.

- Magikarp are a large part of the diet for carnivorous Pokemon, since (according to legend) they can come back to life if you pick the bones clean and put them back in the water.

- The wilder Pokemon (such as the ones that would attack you in the games) are socially acceptable to eat. For example, if a Caterpie tries killing you (a Pidgey or other predatory species), you're absolutely free to eat it.

- It is not socially acceptable to eat other Pokemon in front of Herbivores unless given express permission.

- The topic is often politely avoided.

Another question -

Are ghost-type Pokemon actual ghosts?/ Can ghosts take the shape of ghost-type Pokemon?

(Personally, I think the latter works the best if there is any connection - it accounts for both ghost-types born from an egg and the creepy stories around them.)

Allen is a lampent, not a chandalure. I hope you did not mean for him to have been evolved against his will (he prefers being a lampent because he fears that if he were to evolve, his need to feed off of others would override his kind personality)

Allen is a lampent, not a chandalure. I hope you did not mean for him to have been evolved against his will (he prefers being a lampent because he fears that if he were to evolve, his need to feed off of others would override his kind personality)

Ah crap, I felt like something was off - I'll fix it immediately. ^^;

EDIT: Fixed!

Edited by TalonCat