TJ09

2012-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Thank you for the extended descriptions. It drives me crazy that the Christmas dragons all share the same standard Christmas blurb, rather than giving an insight to the individual breeds personality. The other dragons get it, even the Halloweens and Valentines. Christmas should be the same.

I am having a ton of trouble decorating my house. I have no artistic talent. At all.

I have also never decorated a gingerbread house in real life.

I probably built and tore mine down 20 times.

I named my new dragons Wrapper's Delight and Unwrap The Night.

Aaaaaahhh, I can't stop looking at peoples houses! All so beautiful!!!

I wished there was a list or we could click through random houses that were "published" by their creators.

I hope this link works for you. For some reason I got a page not found error when I tried to view this while not logged in. ????

My House

And last but certainly not least, what Whovian wouldn't love a TARDIS gingerbread house?

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house/Raistlin24It's being attacked by a Dalek!

Raistlin, that TARDIS house is amazing! ohmy.gif

Thanks, RowanDreamer, for linking so many! cool.gif

I do like the info on the new dragons! biggrin.gif

Bellatrix, here's a link to RowanDreamer's post - http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=6842508

I have so much fun looking at all the amazing houses. I think I have seen every single one in this thread and all are adorable!

It's always the same every year, I have problems to find names for the Christmas dragons.

Now I named them "Mad Wrapper" and "Grinning Wrap", but I hope to find better names.

Edited by drabrugon

http://dragcave.net/holidays12_house

Gorgeous houses, everyone! I've really enjoyed seeing what ya'll have come up with! There's some major creativity going on around here! biggrin.gif I wanted to fiddle with the house some more, but figured I'd best leave it alone now. lol

I named my hatchlings AllTheShinyGifts and AllTheShinyPresents. I love the new dragons body shape. They're like flying stingrays! xd.png

I am having a ton of trouble decorating my house. I have no artistic talent. At all.

I have also never decorated a gingerbread house in real life.

I probably built and tore mine down 20 times.

I don't think it has anything to do with "talent", just willingness to put time into it and the ability to think outside the box. I somewhat decorated mine once and really am not bothering to do anything more to it.

I did decorate a Halloween house years ago. The stuff was discounted so I bought one for fun.It completely fell apart, but the funniest part was that the sound of the wall falling down sounded like a real wall. It was too loud for such a small thing and I assumed it was because of the stand it was on.

What are these dragons officially called? Surely they have a official name like the Snow Angel and others do, I want to be able to call them something in their descriptions if needed to be.

What are these dragons officially called? Surely they have a official name like the Snow Angel and others do, I want to be able to call them something in their descriptions if needed to be.

Wrapping-Wing Dragons smile.gif

They are called Wrapping-Wing Dragons wink.gif

All of these are amazing...but rather than start over',I stole my BF's house(he weasnt going to do it anyway),& just have had fun..this is it SO far.

Of course,its going to end up being more "overdone",but who knew it was so fun??!

http://dragcave.net/holidays12 house /seeker

Rockin' On

try THIS(Ill edit it ASAP when I figure it out

http://dragcave.net/user/seeker

Edited by Rockin' On

That isn't necessary. I just wanted to give the user base a chance to see the adults before I posted their information.

Here it is:

Name: Wrapping-Wing Dragons (Although I do like strawberries smile.gif )

Personality: They are usually old fashioned and can be serious at times, but are proud and almost always well intentioned. They are also widely known for being extremely fussy. They also love tending to hatchling and telling them stories.

Mating habits: During the holiday season, they decorate their territories to attract mates. Trees, caves, and other things in the territory will be decorated. If you live in a Wrapping-Wing’s territory, your house will be decorated whether you want it or not. Afterwards, they will fuss with their display until they are absolutely convinced it is perfect.

When Wrapping-Wing live in neighbouring territories, they will bicker over who has the best display. They will often break out into small fights consisting of small, quick slaps to each other’s faces with their wings. They don’t actually hurt each other and it’s more comical than anything else.

Breath weapon:  Ice breath, but isn’t very powerful. It mostly just frosts things. It’s good for stunning prey, but it’s mostly used for decorating things.

Size:  Very large, usually ranging between a tiger and a polar bear. You could probably ride them, but they probably wouldn’t let you. However, you could probably talk them into pulling you around in a sleigh.

Diet:  These dragons probably have the most human like-diet of all dragons. If you’d let them, they would happily sit at your table and eat Christmas dinner with you. In the winter they usually hunt wild turkey and quails (using their magic to heat the meat before eating) and usually eat fruit in the summer.  However, they can be very picky eaters and would rather go without dinner then eat something they don’t like. It is unheard of a Wrapping-Wing to eat meat cold.

Wings:  Every few years, these dragons grow an extra wing digit. The pattern on the skin depends on the health of the dragon thought the growing period. The brighter and more intricate the pattern, the healthier the dragon was. Each dragon’s patterns are slightly different so they use them to tell each other apart.

If there are any questions about the breed, feel free to ask. I'm sorry if it takes some time to answer, though.

___

Also, thank you all for the congrats and complements. I can barely keep up with all the PMs (If I haven't respond to you, I'm sorry I missed you. I think some got lost...). I'm sorry I can't respond to each comment personally. I've been ill as of lately and haven't been on as much as I would like.

EDIT: Now let's see how long it takes for this info to make it's way to the wiki...

Quoting the creator of the Wrapping-Wing dragon in case others haven't seen this ~

Blah... my gingerbread house should be condemned... A load of the houses in this thread make mine shameful. xd.png