StarSea

Garden Creatures

Hey Darklight, we're glad to have you! happy.gif Welcome to GC and if you need any help, just ask. smile.gif

We have our first hatch!!!

YEAH!!! What do I win??

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Welcome Darklight smile.gif

idk, please people of GC who don't have forum account, please make one, just to keep upto date(things that this forum is not allowed)......

And conratz Jedi biggrin.gif

Edited by zorua9

You win... a... a... hat! biggrin.gif

Lol, not sure. I've got plenty more store items in mind, but I'm not sure what their uses would be. How 'bout this, your choice- a rush new creature to do with of your choice (you come up with a pet idea and then everything I do for GC pets will be on that until it's done and then you decide to release it or keep it all for your own) or... an unreleased shop item. Also basically will become like the rush pet- you pick what it will be, what it'll do, and if to release it or not. If you do release it, for how much.

Also, a new site addition will be coming soon! You'll get to make and release your own pets, deciding all the statistics about them just like I do when I release a pet, but... it costs you some Seeds for it to be released in a new shop section. Because I can't be trusting enough with every single user we may ever get, a new site is being made. This site's link is http://gardencreations.myadopts.com

As it is new, and a site all its own, you have to register yourself once more. Same deal if you're having problems registering here as if you were to be having them while registering for GC itself- PM me what you want your;

Username, Email, and Password to be. As well as what site you need it for due to the fact that there are now two sites.

Also dealing with the fact that Garden Creatures itself is different from Garden Creations, I need to update links and all, the time between GC's theme change can be different from GCreations', and you won't find any pets to adopt at GCreations. All links made on GCreations bar will be linked to those of GC instead of its own.

Please however note that just because you make a creature does not mean that it will be released in the Creation shop. Please do not make any adopts that have limiters on them such as promo codes, release-only dates, and of the such. If you are in doubt, ask me before deciding.

Another note- Now that school is starting up again, timers are going back on. I'm not sure when my internet will go on, but it will go off at 7PM tonight and through the rest of the week. I believe 10PM is when it goes off Friday and Saturday nights.

Whelp, I'm off to start work on GCreations!!

I made an account for the new site already because I absolutely love the idea of a "make your own creature" site (I may only use it for sketches/creatures that aren't finalized though blink.gif). This site will help artists showcase their work, and give newbies the opportunity to get constructive criticism on their art. It will also show off how creative people can be. I do have some questions though:

-The main issue I see is others messing with others creations. I'm not saying that anyone here would do that, but there is always the possibility of new users doing such. Is there a way to make sure that the creatures/items that are made can only be edited by the creator? Or no?

-Where will creators put their name to make sure other know the creature they create is theirs? In the title? ex. "Creature (Mindless)" or will there be a description box for each adoptable where you can state the the adoptable is your creation?

-You said seeds are useless, does that mean that shop items that are made will always be free? I believe so since the site is mostly for art (as I see it) anyway, but it doesn't hurt to make sure tongue.gif

-What are restrictions/promo codes? You said you can't have restrictions such as date (which I understand as the creature will only be available on certain dates) and group (which I don't understand).

-Will the creatures/items people make go to Garden Creatures? I may have misunderstood, but I believe you mentioned something about moving them there?

-Are you going to make a forum for the site, or make a sub-category in the official GC forums for GCreations?

I hope to see more on this site, it is a wonderful idea which may also attract new users to GC. smile.gif

I love the idea of coming up with a new creature for the game. I can't draw worth a darn though, but I have a idea for one. Should I PM my idea to you on here?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

And I joined the GC site as well.

Edited by Jedi40

-The main issue I see is others messing with others creations. I'm not saying that anyone here would do that, but there is always the possibility of new users doing such. Is there a way to make sure that the creatures/items that are made can only be edited by the creator? Or no?

Quoting from the second paragraph of the "Read Me" page-

Just because you can create here doesn't mean you can do it as soon as you join. I'm not able to edit the registered user group permissions, nor can I decide what user group you join when you register. So as often as I can, I'll move any users to the artists group. Though you'll have the ability to delete and edit the creatures that others made does not mean you have the right to do so. Make and edit your creatures and yours alone. If I find that users have begun editing and deleting those of others, I'll shut down GCreations and never bring it back. Understand? And I mean it. This is a privilege, and you have no more right to vandalize others' creations as they do yours.

-Where will creators put their name to make sure other know the creature they create is theirs? In the title? ex. "Creature (Mindless)" or will there be a description box for each adoptable where you can state the the adoptable is your creation?

There is a description box, but descriptions are not in affect yet nor can they be seen/edited once the creature has been made. Instead, it'd be much easier for everyone if creators were to put their name in with the title. Much like your example. See next response as well.

-You said seeds are useless, does that mean that shop items that are made will always be free? I believe so since the site is mostly for art (as I see it) anyway, but it doesn't hurt to make sure  tongue.gif

Quoting from the fourth paragraph of the "Read Me" page-

When creating an adopt do the following;

Make sure that the name of the adopt lists who the creator is.

Do not, I repeat, do not use the features for promo code or the restriction group. If you would like certain restrictions (not including date and group), inform me when I am going to release it. I will PM you before I do so, so that you may inform me if you'd like anything added. If you have any restrictions on it such as the ones I listed not to have, you can pretty much assume that the creature will never be released to GC.

-What are restrictions/promo codes? You said you can't have restrictions such as date (which I understand as the creature will only be available on certain dates) and group (which I don't understand).

When creating an adopt, you can decide from if it can be available always, only if users use a specific promo code on a page linked from the adopt page, only if they have the promo code and so many Seeds, or from a set of restrictions. On the restrictions, you can choose between one up to all. The restrictions are such as how many times the adopt can be claimed, a specific date that the adopt can be claimed, how many each user may have, and what user group is permitted to claim it.

-Will the creatures/items people make go to Garden Creatures? I may have misunderstood, but I believe you mentioned something about moving them there?

Yeppers. If I choose to release someone's creation, I will do as stated previously and then release it, purging (completely deleting) it from Garden Creations to keep up our space.

-Are you going to make a forum for the site, or make a sub-category in the official GC forums for GCreations?

Most likely make a category/sub-category for it. Not sure yet, and I've got to go in about half an hour for school. I guess I'll mull it over during study halls.

Ok, thanks for answering StarSea. I did read the Read Me beforehand, but I didn't quite understand some things, thought I did read and understand the part about editing the creatures, I just wanted to clarify to see if there was any way we could prevent this. smile.gif

Also, since I used the Spring Waters, my creatures have now hatched and are mature hatchlings. Only a little longer to adult! biggrin.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

EDIT: Eduard is now an adult! Panni will be an adult soon hopefully. If any of you are wondering how I got clicks so fast, I used click sites.

EDIT 2: Both are now adults! biggrin.gif

Edited by Mindless Interest

Congratz Mindless for becoming a modee

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

i would like to use spring water on id=12

Edited by zorua9

O.o Congrats!! You grabbed the 50th egg, Zorua!!! biggrin.gif

But... how can pet 12 be 50th?? *tackles Admin CP* O>O What went wrong!? Did I misunderstand something?????

Edited by StarSea

^ i know, i just check on my keep and it was hatched O_O into an alt, it was named after a zanpuktu, from the anime bleach..........

I love the idea of coming up with a new creature for the game. I can't draw worth a darn though, but I have a idea for one. Should I PM my idea to you on here?

Reposting since my question was never answered.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Jedi40

If it is for a GCreation, if you'd like. If it is for an adopt release like Turndacan, here or the forums. Which ever. smile.gif

mindless has 2 adults O_O

I have 1 sprig water, may i use it on id=14 please

Edited by zorua9

If it is for a GCreation, if you'd like. If it is for an adopt release like Turndacan, here or the forums. Which ever. smile.gif

I PM'd you my creature idea on here.

I would like to use my spring water on id=47

happy.gif Okay, all Spring Water use requests have been done!

Just a few more clicks and your eggy would have hatched, Jedi!

EDIT:

Mindless, what kinda click sites?

(Speaking of which, I'm working on a Wikia as well as a click site.)

EDIT II:

Current hatchery-

http://gchatch.zxq.net/

(Please note that this is a beta. If all goes well, I may even transfer most all of the GC pages to that hoster. As well as the fact that I've never used this host before nor have I made a hatchery. Not even an adopts site from scratch like this so I'll be using all the guides I can find.)

Sadly I'll have to find a different host- they won't allow games.

Edited by StarSea

I used Yarolds for my click site. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a click site that depends on other peoples links. Basically, you put your links down, and depending of how many clicks you make on other people links, the more your link shows up to other people.

Here is the link.

Alright, thanks so much! smile.gif

My internet goes off in under half an hour, so I'll add that link as a tab some time tomorrow.

Thanks Star smile.gif I now have two new hatchlings and teenager (I guess you could call my first hatched one that laugh.gif )

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Another good clicksite is The Hatching Sands. Not sure how you could add this site to it though.

Edited by Jedi40