Dawnwing

How did you die recently?

Alchemist Code. I'm lazy. It's the price of genius. Thought I could go all the way on an event dungeon with a brand new account. Word to the wise: no matter how good your strategy is, you cannot complete those types of dungeons without heavily bolstering your units. I only got as far as I did (the final level) because of my strategy.

Edited by Miral

Earlier today I was killed multiple times in League of Legends by an enemy Master Yi in the featured game mode. Good times good times.

Destiny 2, on the "A Garden World" heroic strike. Killed by a gravity lift. Over and over and over again. One of the players in the fireteam got annoyed at me when I finally did manage to get up to the boss (thanks to a team wipe) because I "caused" us to wipe. Yeah, I definitely should've been up there, but it isn't my fault the game decides I'm not allowed to use the gravity lift. If I wanted to purposefully kill myself in the game over and over, it wouldn't be on a strike. Maybe I could've been up there if you didn't rush through the whole map. salt.png?1453371387

So it turns out Ignis won't correct you if the offroad Regalia drives off a cliff. You just fall to your death. Go figure. XD

My VG death stories are a bit boring because I'm usually playing Japanese/Korean mobile games on my Samsung as opposed to popular western MMOs on a desktop. Alas.

This one is actually more surprising than the others. I initiated a Brave Battle (AI-controlled) on Bleach: Brave Souls that I was sure I was going to win, but I didn't. Poor Byakuya and Renji. I was smh going "I know I judged that right," and a few minutes later, I got presents in my giftbox because there had been an error. #iknewit

Let's seeeeeeee..... Most of mine are really really stupid, fair warning lol

Fallout 4

• Totally forgot what a suicider mutant bomb sounds like(at around level 54, so I definitely know what they sound like, I just... forgot somehow lol), stopped in the middle of the wasteland(didn't realize I was right next to a hive............ Thanks for the heads up, Deacon) going "what's that noise????" BOOM bits of me go flying across the screen
  • Decided stairs/elevators were for wussies after I finished exploring a skyscraper in the financial district of Boston, forgot I didn't have my freefall armor equipped... and jumped off of the top of the skyscraper. On the plus side, the physics engine glitched and my character's back/legs/limbs bent in hilariously impossible ways
  • Decided to explore the Glowing Sea, decided "nah I've got plenty of RadAway and the top level of Medic perk, I don't need a hazmat suit or power armor". Proceeded to totally forget to take the RadAway, died in one hit from a freaking bloatfly of all things

Skyrim

• Took off my enchanted amulet(that boosts my health to insane levels thanks to the potions/armor removal glitch lol) so that I could get married to a kick-butt Argonian maid..... After the honeymoon, forgot to swap my Amulet of Mara for my enchanted amulet and decided to fistfight a dragon.
    • You can imagine how well that went
  • Before I discovered that glitch and crafted that amulet, I decided that since I'm a Khajiit who gets a bonus to stealth and I'm pretty good with a bow, I could totally sneak into the 10-levels-over-me-even-the-grunts bandit camp
    • Spoiler alert: I couldn't. Not for the first five times, at least. Then I just got mad and managed to do it out of sheer stubbornness/spite and utilizing over 200arrows and a huge battleaxe
  • I totally misjudged the height of countless jumps before the amulet as well. TBH that's my most common method of dying: "stairs are for wussies, i'm just going to jump"

Overwatch

• Oh god the stories I could tell from Overwatch
    • As Mercy:
      • Flew right into a charging Reinhardt to get to my dying teammate, got us both killed
      • Hanzo's BS scatter arrows hitting me in the middle of my ult when I'm flying WAY over the battlefield
      • Misjudged a slingshot guardian angel jump, flew right off the edge of the map
      • Didn't realize Tracer stuck her pulse bomb to me, accidentally became Bomb Delivery Service to a group of teammates trying to get away from the bomb I thought was on the ground by me
    • As Zen:
      • Charged(floated) right into an ulting Reaper because I was so focused on taking out this dude who'd already killed me fifteen freaking times seriously all my deaths were from this Reaper
        • I did take him with me though
      • Ulted, forgot how much faster I was going/how close to the edge I was, zipped right off the edge of the map two seconds into my ult and without healing ANYONE
      • Controller batteries died, stood there like an idiot while a widowmaker headshotted me from half a foot away
      • My tanks abandoned me to deal with a flanking Genji, Sombra, and Tracer all by myself
        • I took the Genji with me
    • As Sym:
      • Got so focused on getting a D.Va out of her mech I didn't realize that I was following her right into enemy territory
      • Shotgunned/fried a Roadhog and killed him while he was ulting, so busy gloating over his corpse his Hanzo teammate sniped me in the head
      • I can't count the number of times I've been killed by players who panic-ulted because they don't expect the Symmetra to go toe-to-toe with them 
        • But at least when they do it: a)I'm the only one killed by it because I chase them away from my teammates and b)one of my teammates usually takes them out in the next hit because I've zapped away so much of their health
Edited by WildDragonFlying

Got blasted by a super tentacle cannon cause my allies don't know how to attack the weak spot... in dragons dogma

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Technomancer:

So picking up a game after a break always means to die in combats a lot because you need to relearn how to fight in that game.

But when you character says i will get shot if i go further that way and then going further that way... Surprise your character does not lie to you!

Tibia: Some nolifer killed me while I was just afk for cooking lunch. And that guy calls himself "Love". Yeah sure.

Aggro'ing too many enemies at once trying to rescue Zatanna in Metropolis (DCUO). Game's targeting system is not to my liking. Luckily, there weren't any other players around to see it. Most embarrassing.

The Minecraft server I frequent has a feature that teleport you to a random location. And apparently it has it in for me, because I used it a few times last night. These are where I ended up.

1) On top of the tallest tree in a jungle. Fell to my death. 

2) Next to a concealed ravine. Fell to my death.

3) Next to a pool of lava. Burned to death.

4) On top of a sheer cliff. Fell to my death.

5) In a village...that another user was in the process of demolishing. Got blown up.

6) In an inescapable sandpit where knocking out one block brought the whole lot down on me. Got crushed.

7) In the middle of an ocean. Drowned to get back to spawn.

8) The cliff from 4. Survived the fall, fell into a lava flow.

9) Finally end up somewhere safe. Right  next to three creepers. Boom.

I gave up after that. 

Tomb Raider:

Finally made it through a hard climbing section with also many timed jumps and so on....

Died, because I accidentally did a step back and Lara fell...

Destiny 2:

Deah by lasers in the Pyramiddion strike on Io. Sprinted through the first moving laser, jumped over the second and ended up landing in the third set of quad lasers as my jump drifted too far right. Those lasers have killed me more times than any mob on normal or heroic mode. :lol: 

Jumping off a cliff near Manteca Falls on my horse and automatically dying upon impact with the falls in Red Dead Redemption,

Got smacked to death again in The Technomancer because my heal didn't heal fast enough. 

Wasn't careful enough at the entrance to the Rho Cauldron and fell to my death in Horizon:  Zero Dawn.

I lost count of how many times I died to Sentients in Warframe this morning.