picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((Spring depression. Don't ask why))

"...Hmm..." - Ten-Jorra stood in place with head tilted to side, while the hatchling stared at her patiently. "...Maybe I should try ancient ones... Tonitrui? That means lighthing... No, that would be the same as to write a rune... Wait... Rune... Runara... Runara!" - and she named her last thought to dragon. The latter thought for a second, then squealed happily: "I like this name! No, I love it! Thank you, Ten-Jorra!"

"You are welcome, young one." - smiled Ten-Jorra. Suddenly she heard a small growl around the room. Runara looked around, then found out the reason. "Eheheh... I am actually hungry..."

"Hungry? Oh." - Ten-Jorra mentally slapped herself. How did she not realise that it took a lot of energy for Runara to get out of the egg? Besides, she had no idea what does dragons of various types eat. "I knew I should have read more books about dragons..." - she thought. Right now she had a question itching her brain: what do electric dragons eat?

"...To be frank with you, I don't know what your types of dragons eat." - she said. - "Maybe I can ask profes-"

"No no no no no! No professor please!" - Runara shook her head - "You need to find out by yourself!"

"Are you sure?" - incredulously asked argonian. - "Because I don't want to put you at risk..."

"Yes, I'm all hundred sure! Somehow I know that you'll care for me for the rest of your life, so I believe in you!" - enthusiastically replied the hatchling.

Edited by TheTron852

((So I took the remainder of the cake I made to gamers club at college. They all swarmed it like piranhas, told each other to burn in hell for taking too large of slices, amongst other things, and then thanked me xd.png cake makes people violent. Yeah, I was starting to expect them to eat the plate too))

After a while the professor straightened up, "Alright class, that's enough for today. Don't forget to have protein to repair your muscles" she sniggered. "There's 15 minutes left of class if you wish to utilize the showers. We have them on base principal. Girls on left boys on right. Just return all borrowed weapons to the armoire" she pointed to the two doors and sheathed her sword. Jaden mulled over the shower option. He shrugged it off, figuring he could take one back in his room because of blank period he had next. Showering with near strangers seemed awkward to him. He sheathed his katana and looked around as the dummies sank back into the floor. He was used to this, and had thus expended little energy.

Kira wafted away the last of the smoke, "I don't suppose you have any other means of attack besides getting lost in darkness" she laughed. The hatchling shrugged. It seemed it was the best she was going to get for now. "Darkness attacks... maybe the library has something on it?" she walked along the halls. She entered the big doors to the library and stepped inside. "May I help you find something?" the clerk greeted. Kira nodded, "A book on dark dragons please?" the clerk nodded and lead the way, "Over here" they walked for a minute before she stopped and pulled out a purple book in black bindings. "There you go" Kira smiled and nodded, "Thanks" she turned on her heel and left the library. Kira read as she walked towards the dorms, "Meat diet... obvious. Ah, abilities. Oh there's that flake-y one" she showed the picture to Chobit and Faze who stared at it. "Says it's like a smoke screen. With extended abilities. Calls forth nightmares or something. Pretty nice"

((*Drool* You should have shipped the cake to me T.T))

Jeth took tot hear the teacher's instructions and stepped into the next couple of swings. It had made a huge difference although he was still off. And then SLICE! He cut clean through just below the shoulders. Jeth watched with delight at his hard earned success as the dummy healed. However, his joy was short lived as the teacher pronounced an end to the class. He stood up straight and with a slight sigh. He had wanted to try again to see if he could keep getting it but that would simply have to wait until next week.

Jeth lumbered over to the sword closet and stashed the greatblade where he had found it. The elemental returned to the rest of the class as the teacher explained that they could take showers. Jeth paled (although not visiably) at hte mention of running water over his stone hide. Thankfully the teacher said that they 'may' use it and not that they 'must' use it. He heaved a sigh and turned to Jaden and Tatsuke. "Do you have any other classes today? I was thinking the three of us could hang out together. Oh and you too Mister Nick." He added to the shapeshifter with a warm smile.

------------------------------------------------

((Begin: The adventures of Chip))

A pink cloud floated through the hallways of the school. On top was the top half of an egg shell. A light blue tail with a pink tuft hung from behind and swished side to side. Two pink eyes peered out from beneath the shell as it guided it's fluffy ride through the halls. The dragon remembered very little of the person they were looking for but knew that they were supposed to be very very hard and that they had named him Chip sometime last night.

Edited by En'K'Haral

The elemental returned to the rest of the class ass the teacher explained that they could take showers.

Two pink eyes peered out from beneath the shell ass it guided it's fluffy ride through the halls.

((LOL these are the typos I love. Anywho I shall post in a bit and I put the cake on DA biggrin.gif))

Edited by Sai

((I was typing really fast x.x

*gasp* That's not fair Sai! I can only admire it's deliscious delisciousness on DA. DX))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Lol take it up with the damn animals in the gamers club xd.png It was like a chain reaction, "Guys I brought the leftover cake" "Oh cake" "Cake?" "CAKE! WHERE!?" "OH MY GOD SOMEONE SAID CAKE!?"

It's like.... drop it and run))

Jaden shook his head, "Not today, no. But I'd like to stop by my room to clean up" he said. He stretched his arms up and then took a few steps towards the door. He glanced at Tatsuke. Being more quiet himself, other quiet people usually made him uptight. However he did seem really worn out from the class. A small smirk crept onto Jaden's face. He was used to being looked down on for being a runt amongst his own kind. Seeing himself barely dented by the session compared to others was an ego booster. Jaden started to walk from the room. Considering he had a mid-drift shirt and they were all sweating from the heat, he didn't find it polite to ask Jeth for a ride.

((Well...maybe you could lodge a formal complaint for me against the cake devouring animals in the gamers club. happy.gif I'd greatly appreciate it if you did happy.gif BTW where is Kira?))

Jeth watched as Jaden left. The boy seemed quite smug and satisfied with himself. Jeth had always thought Jaden was insecure but obviously he must be feeling more confident now. The thought that Jaden was becoming comfortable and confident made Jeth smile. It was nice knowing his friends would be alright in the school. He turned back to Tatsuke still grinning. "Do you have any other classes today then?" He asked lumbering over to the resting nihounman.

The dummy was descending into the ground... with the sword in it. Of course. He leaped to his feet, making one final effort to clasp his hands around the hilt of the sword to finally dislodge the weapon from the dummy, but only gave a few tugs before dubbing the enterprise hopeless and just watching the dang thing descend as far as possible. He would bet money that he would come back in a week and find the blade still stuck in the chest of the dummy, but he also wouldn't be surprised if Flaydor removed it when he left.

It was about that time he realized Jeth's words were directed in his direction. Not just at the others, but him as well. He had to admit he was slightly surprised, but surprised didn't mean he wasn't joyful. He'd love to hang out! Assuming hanging out was some kind of sang for spend time with people and not dangling from a coat rack! "No classes, I am..." How did the saying go again...? Fantastic. People want to invite him along and he doesn't know how to say he's not busy. "I am no money for rest of day!" Close, so very painfully close.

(Ew short.)

Edited by Luckyclaw

Jeth thanked Jaden for his imput before the untamed left. He led the way out of the class and towards the mainhall so that they could go outside. It was a reasonably quite walk until Tatsuke asked hima question about sword-ing. Luckily Jeth managed to understand the boy this time around. "No not really. Elder Limestone always got mad at me for not practicing." He said revealing recalling his lessons on the earthen combat styles. "Personally I prefure sculpting. I know it's a little plain, but I enjoy it." Being able to shape or sculpt was a very basic skill to Jeth's people. He didn't yet understand that some people prized sculpters. "Maybe I'll sculpt a statue of my friends before I leave this school."

Edited by En'K'Haral

((In the dorm hallway

user posted image))

Jaden paused in the doorway, raising a finger, "He means he's free to hang out" he said before continuing out of the room. Jaden walked back to his dorm and opened the door. The pile of blankets on the floor where he put his egg was still there. He sighed. Nothing. Jaden jumped up on the bed and sat down, resulting in a resounding crunch. His tail instantly spiked out in horror, "OH GOD!" he yelled so loud, he was sure the whole school heard. He jumped up and looked under the sheets. His egg was in pieces. But I left it on the floor! He stared in shock for a moment, holding his breath. He then noticed the shell was void of liquid. Isn't there a dragon inside?... he thought slowly. "Um..." he hummed quietly to himself. He yelled out again as he felt something jump on him from behind, resulting in his face being smothered in the sheets. He made a sort of hissing noise, rolling away and falling straight off the end of the bed. He hit the floor with a loud thud before a bit of silence. Jaden composed himself and looked up on the bed. A not-smashed dragon stared back. It was white and feathered, and had bright blue eyes. Two sets of wings protruded from its back. "You're alive! I mean you hatched!"

Edited by Sai

Jeth didn't understand the meanings of sayings and Tatsuke didn't know the sayings. It was a good fit. He was just glad that Jeth wasn't laughing at his poor use of words. The small pack on his back was hoisted up, the water in the bottle making a sloshing sound. The pearl-like egg within was calm, unlike other eggs in the school which were all pretty much crashing and banging through the hallways. "I follow you."

Tatsuke actually wasn't naturally a very quiet person. Not talkative, but not quiet either. When he learned more about the language, he would surely begin to get more talkative as his confidence and knowledge increased. Like his swordplay... he had the potential, but it was simply unrefined. "Are you good at... sword-ing?" His pauses weren't for effect. They were only there when he couldn't figure out a phrase or word.

((I try to use a Japanese-based broken English for Tatsuke, but most of the time I mess up and make it look more Russian on accident. Whoops.))

((EDIT: Bah, I'm a slow poster DX))

Edited by Luckyclaw

Jeth thanked Jaden for his imput before the untamed left. He led the way out of the class and towards the mainhall so that they could go outside. It was a reasonably quite walk until Tatsuke asked hima question about sword-ing. Luckily Jeth managed to understand the boy this time around. "No not really. Elder Limestone always got mad at me for not practicing." He said revealing recalling his lessons on the earthen combat styles. "Personally I prefure sculpting. I know it's a little plain, but I enjoy it." Being able to shape or sculpt was a very basic skill to Jeth's people. He didn't yet understand that some people prized sculpters. "Maybe I'll sculpt a statue of my friends before I leave this school."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Sai where is Kira I want to send Chip to her.))

((OOOOOOHHHH!!!! I thought you were saying the grenade was in the dorm hallway at your school and that was why you couldn't lodge a formal complaint I've seen the real version of that BTW, apparently they're antiques. xd.png

Ok antics time over time for part two of the adventures of chip.))

The pink cloud floated down the dorm halls just above head height. The two little eyes peered out of the half shell down at Kira, Chobit and Faze with curiosity. None of them seemed especially hard at all let alone hard enough to be the one she was looking for. The cloud lowered and stayed level in front of Kira and the others rather suddenly. "Have you seen the hard person?" She asked Kira although the lady seemed rather involved with her book.

((Yes I actually have one tongue.gif

and that post sounds soooooooooo awkward xd.png))

Kira looked up from her book as she heard someone screaming bloody murder. That would be.... Jaden's voice?... she pondered. "Probably just screwing around" she snorted with laughter. A pink cloud carrying a half-hatched dragon asked her if she'd seen someone....hard? "Eh?" Kira paused in thought. "Hard.... Like stone? Jeth? Oh you must be his" she paused again and sniffed the egg, "Yeah, you're Jeth's" even in human form, she could use her werewolf senses. She sniffed again, "Looks like he's downstairs. Well come on then.... I'm sure Jaden is alive" she rolled her eyes at the second scream. Kira walked down the hall and downstairs where she smelt Jeth. She saw (and heard) the elemental heading for the outdoors, "Hey! ...." she refrained from cracking a rock joke, "Jeth! Your cotton candy hatched" she pointed to the fluffy pink cloud. Chobit trailed after and stared up at the dragon as it floated. She frowned slightly and beat her wings. She was able to fly up a foot for a moment before flopping back down.

"Oh this is great. I didn't sit on you. You moved the egg then? Or rather... well it doesn't matter. I thought you would never hatch!" Jaden ranted. "I suppose you need a name?... How about Zeek?" he asked. The hatchling chuckled and bounced around the bed. "Alright then. Well I have to take a quick shower. So just.... stay here" Jaden disappeared into the bathroom. He took a quick shower and climbed out of the tub, shaking his bushy tail to a damp state. After dressing, grooming, and entering the main room again, he found Zeek playing with the feathers on the end of his tail. Jaden secured his scabbard to his back and looked to the hatchling. "Let's go introduce you to everyone"

Edited by Sai

((*facepalm* Don't put people's minds in strange places Sai x.x))

Chip floated after Kira as she lead the way downstairs to the person she was looking for. The hatchling looked down at the little blackish dragon below her. She watched as the dragon beat her wings and felt a pang of...something. Chip's cloud went very low and Chip moved over a little to make room so that Chobit could get on.

Jeth looked over at Kira as she approached him and Tatsuke. "Cotton candy?" What is cotton candy? However, although Kira's joke was lost on him the message was not. Seeing the pink cloud floating low to the ground near Kira's own dragon almost gave Jeth a heart attack. Only half the egg was on top and was quite close to the edge of the cloud. "Catch it before it falls!" He boomed as panic ripped through his mind and he ran over to the cloud.

((My brain has been long lost in the gutter, Enk. Don't temp me xd.png))

Kira stared at Jeth in somewhat of annoyance as he started to panic. She wanted to reach in the egg and pull out the hatchling. "Tch" she looked at the wall and folded her arms, "Doesn't matter, it's already hatched. It's just chilling in the shell" she muttered. Chobit hopped onto the cloud as it lowered. It was a strange feeling. Soft. Chobit grabbed the sides of the egg and peered inside at the other hatchling.

Jaden jogged through the halls with Zeek flying behind. Flying seemed like a simple thing to learn with two sets of wings. He zipped down the stairs and came to a slow stop as he saw Jeth running through the hall. It was a slightly alarming scene due to the rattling and just Jeth's size. However, he noticed Jeth's egg had also hatched. "Oh! Yours too" he spouted, pointing over his shoulder at Zeek. The feathered dragon made a purring squawk as he flew down the stairs and landed on the floor.

((School is a pain in the ass.... >.>))

Dain stood up straight from his stance when the class ended. He was breathing slightly heavier than normal and had shed his jacket and hat during the class. However, the class was simple to him considering the fact that sword play was a preferred art of dueling and fighting among those of the vampire clans. Dain made his way to the showers and took a quick shower. As he got out he had gotten redressed but he left his jacket off and his hat off. Dain made his way to his room and hung his jacket and hat up in his closet. He took a look towards the egg and frowned. He could see a crack but it still hadn't hatched yet. Dain made his way to the egg and wrapped it in a blanket and at that point, he realized Jeth's egg was missing. Dain searched the room quickly and when he failed at finding his roommates egg, he dashed out of the room and into the halls. Dain made his way through various halls and saw Kira. After a couple more steps, Dain could see the dragon, hatched, and floating above Jeth and Kira. Dain sighed and slowed to a walk as he approached. "Hey, guys."

(Tell me about it, ugh. School ain't kool. *Irony beacon flashing*)

The subject of art was dropped before he could say anything about drawing. Or board games, for that matter. Nothing was really more important than the event of a dragon egg hatching. He guessed this was kind of a bad time to say anything, so he just tottered along behind Jeth with his mouth zipped shut. The Elemental was gonna have a moment here, getting to see his companion for the first time, and Tatsuke sure didn't want to ruin anything like that.

...Well, he'd like to be calm, but seeing a rock-man bound towards a floating egg sent chills down his spine and almost made him lunge for the egg too. But something inside him told him that if an egg was floating on a pink cloud that followed it, it most likely wouldn't logically fall off the cloud. Then, while he didn't understand at first why it was a good thing that a dragon baby was freezing in its shell, he quickly realized that 'Chilling' probably meant 'good'. The dragon was being good in the eggshell. You could almost hear the mental check, like his brain was taking notes and he wrote that down.

"Congratulate about your dragon!" He thought it was the right thing to say, a gesture of kindness towards Jeth. Other students began to flock around. There were five now, Jeth (Rockman), Jaden (Catman), Kira (Lady), Yet (Dain) and himself (awkward fifth wheel).

Edited by Luckyclaw

Skidded to a halt (tearing up the once glorious looking floor) as numerous people enlightened him about the state of his egg. Some were congratulating him and others seemed more like they were telling him off. It took a moment of stupified silence for him to grasp the situation. "Thanks. And thank you Kira for watching over Chip. I don't know how the little one got out of the room but I'm glad that it is ok." He said to the group feeling a little awkward.

Meanwhile Chip looked out at Chobit. When the black dragon lifted the shell Chip used one claw to keep it low so that it didn't get lifted off of her. Inside Chip had a pink main and sky blue scales. Her pink eyes peered curiously out at Chobit and she poked Chobit's snout with her other claw.

Chobit sniggered as Chip poked at her maw. She retracted her head and made a few squeaky sputters before turning her head and sneezing another cloud of darkness into the hallway. It filled the space and obscured all vision for a minute before fading away. Kira coughed and waved away the remainder of it, "Ah yeah, sure" she looked over her shoulder at Dain. "And what about you blood sucker? Got your dragon yet?" she asked. Jaden laughed awkwardly and scratched his face, "I thought mine would be the last to hatch" he looked at Zeek. The dragon seemed to have a lot of energy, as he was occupied with his tail again, chasing it.

Chip giggled as Chobit sneezed out a big black cloud. The curious little dragon took the oppertunity to try and make Chobit sneeze again by trying to shove the flats of both her front feet onto Chobit's nose. the scene was quite commical as two sky blue legs shot out from under the eggshell accompanied by an excited squeel.

The black cloud had surprised Jeth but he waited for it to clear. "Was that your dragon Kira? That was very cool." He said impressed by Chobit's ability.

"Yeah, looks like she's a dark dragon" Kira shrugged. She leaned to one side and looked at the hatchlings. Chobit grabbed Chip's paws as the blue dragon tried to grab her snout again. She screeched and puffed another cloud of darkness out. A larger one. "Need to fix that" Kira continued as she lost sight of everyone. "It's like it absorbs light" she waved it with her hand. Some of the darkness started to move and a black stallion made of the smoke burst out. It had glaring red eyes and long fangs. It gave a hoarse, mangled whinny and jumped around, kicking and rearing, scarcely missing Jaden as he moved out of the way, before poofing backing to smoke as the darkness dissipated. Kira paused and opened her book again, reading along and muttering to herself. Zeek seemed ruffled from the event, running in circles.

"True, even we need a source of light to see." Jeth said waving the smoke away as well. He knelt down next to Chip, the hatchling poked it's blue head out from under the shell with it's claws still in Chobit's grip. "Don't tease your new friend too much." "Kay!" Chip responded and then pulled her claws free from Chobit. She held up the top half of the shell inviting the darkness dragon to share it.

Jeth smiled and stood back up. "I will have to spend some time looking up Chip's bread but right now I promised to Hang out with Tatsuke. We were just talking about art...well I started anyways I don't know if tatsuke had anything to say."

Jaden smoothed out his tail which had spiked out from alarm of the horse. His ears flattened out in annoyance. Sure, it wasn't like he was nearly crushed by a beast or anything. He'd been excited about his dragon, yet hadn't even been acknowledged yet. He turned on his heel and walked back up the stairs. Zeek bounced after him. Chobit spread her wings and glided back to the floor. "Come out!" she beckoned back. Kira glanced around. They were so close to the outside, perhaps some fresh air would be nice. And if no one was around, she could go for a run.