picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Jeth was a little confused at first by Tatsuke's action but it reminded him of another human who did the same thing before except to his shoulder. Jeth figured the meaning was the same. Jeth wasn't a fighter by his people's standards and as he saw these two go at it he doubted that his skills were all that noteworthy by the standards of other races as well. "Alright Tatsuke, I'll trust you on this-wah Chip, no! Come down from there!"

The daydream dragon was floating over the dust cloud that Dain had kicked up. She was well above the combat looking down to see if she could figure out where the two fighters were. It's ok, I won't go in so I won't get hurt. The daydream stated letting out an amused chirp from under her eggshell. Her tail waved back and forth as she leaned over the cloud to get a look at the fight.

((It's good that Jeth doesn't have a heart.))

((...Mini-TS))

Ten-Jorra hastily entered the training room, oblivious to the events outside of the academy. She finally managed to find Runara a correct food to eat, and right now little dragon was peacefully sleeping, curling around argonian's neck.

And now all she had to do is wait for teacher to come here. She was a little nervous: she never really used spears before - only when she was 5. And now the argonian had to dig deep in her own memories to remember her using the spear.

(I can't really react too much with Tatsuke, since fighting is very fast and it isn't good if Kira and Dain are frozen mid-combat while Tatsuke and Jeth scurry around them with no consequence. You would think the area where a werewolf and a vampire were fighting would be a minefield, if the awkward asian exchange student and the granite man can get up to get popcorn, it's not really a battle.)

The scenario was great in his head. He would jump ten feet into the air like a graceful ninja, grab Chip and do multiple front-flips before landing on the other side of the battlefield, twenty feet away, with no scratches. That would save the hatchling from any danger present and put Jeth at east! Well, that's how it played in his head. In actuality he continued to sit where he was, jaw agape. He calculated the options. "Is okay, Jethf," he tried to reassure him. Maybe it wasn't the safest place to be but it was safer than endangering everyone when there was a low chance of injury at this moment. "If Chippu stay over battle, not get hurt. She just must stay good above battle!" As he said that, he looked around for any way he could get up there and grab Jeth's hatchling. A thick branch he could climb nearby, a vine he could use as a rope... It caused him to turn his eyes from the battle, searching for something. "I am skinny, can climb and not get hit by fighting. I try look for way I can get her back to you..." It was a bad idea to be the hero. But if there was a day-old baby involved, barely hovering over frantic mini-war, sometimes rules were made to be broken. But only if he carefully thought out all options first! Rash was not something Tatsuke was...

~~~

...very unlike a surly Azel.

The first thing she passed was a class. A class that held a lizard-man with milky eyes and sandy skin. Sort of like one of those exotic pets her old friend always talked about. A bearded dragon, she thought it was? Maybe she was one of them. Of course, he had described those as small, but this lizard was very big. Then again, he must have had a screw loose because any dragon with a beard had to be a big and old brute! So she couldn't have been one of those either. She had no beard.

Nevertheless, it was none of her business. The weapons of her people had long been halberds and spears, and it had been one of the driving strategies in her great-grandfather's time to use spears and arrows to keep their people from getting killed. An Azel had the strength to obliterate with axes, but most enemies just assumed that the army would attack with only brute force. They never even considered that a race of farmers and janitors would have no idea how to even hold an axe, let alone have an inkling of knowing how to wield the long sticks that they handled almost every day. The lances and spears kept attackers at bay, and anything that got passed the initial wave was chopped down by the Azels who actually knew how to swing axes and swords. Or were just picked off by archers. Ignorance didn't just hurt the side it was ignorant toward, the lack of information was what made the army so efficient. But in the end, there were just too little of them and too many of everyone else. They burned out too quickly in the cataclysmic war, knocked on their backs in the first inning. That meant they didn't loose as many in number as humans and dragons, since the defensive meant less risks than offensive, but there was still a hunk of the previous generation lost in the war. Many of her friends grew up without parents, and there were millions more of other races who they themselves experienced the pain of loosing people they took for granted.

She moved on from the entrance of the spear class. She hadn't made her own schedule, her grandfather had. Her Grampy and a bunch of other guys who had firsthand seen war. Sin had never had that torture. She had seen a lot of things and a lot of them weren't the kinds of experiences that made up a good person, but one detriment to deduct was the horrors of war. She was proud of her culture, she loved the weapons of choice her kind had used for generations, but there was something about pitchforks and spears that they must have found politically incorrect. Didn't need the next generation to keep the connotation of cowardly stabbing at a distance? Maybe they felt that if Azels continued to use pitchforks they would continue to be seen as 'demons' and rampant stereotypes and derogatory terms would coast on passed the time that Sin would see her children's children, sailing on a sea of blame and grudges. Sin scoffed at that fact. If they really wanted to deduce a connotation, they should be investing in the entire race and not just her. Not just one little school in the middle of nowhere with some Average Joe who just happened to be the first grandchild. Hey, while they were at it, why not take out all of those sharp teeth? Sand down their ears, whittle off their claws. She'd introduce herself as 'Serenity', can't go around using a name like Sin if you want to be an angel! Practice a curtsey, learn how to properly serve tea, recite sonnets and wear poofy pants. What a joke.

She had another hour until practical combat. Another hour of walking through the hallway like a loose cannon and making cynical statements about everything and offending anyone in a ten-foot radius. Lovely. She next thing she stumbled upon was a library, a wealth of knowledge and books. It was open by the hallway, its ancient wisdom beckoning to any knowledge seekers who saw its pale treasure resting dejected on the shelves. Tatsuke would have been screaming in delight, Sin took one look and snorted air from her nose quietly. Books were for chumps!

...or...were they? Silver eyes glazed over every book she could see from the hallway. Fat ones, skinny ones, ones with fresh white pages from a clean paper slicer, old charred ones with uneven pages and yellow rims cut by hand. Maybe they had... adventures? Short stories, maybe? Maybe she could find a book on Azels! Was there ever an Azazel author? Sin wasn't as adverse to learning as would be assumed. One thing lead to another, and before she knew it she was sitting on the floor in between two discreet bookshelves, books on her lap and at her side, one clutched in her hands delicately holding the pages apart as she started on some ancient story about dragons and humans who shared a mountain together. It didn't matter who the author was, for she didn't care, all of the sudden the whole search for a book written by one of her own kind was lost. All that mattered was the pages in front of her, and the hard concentration as she struggled to understand each part of the book. For it was a read far above her current level, and there were many words and terms she had never heard before. She read with her lips as well as her eyes, mouthing each word carefully. Sometimes she was even forced to crack a whisper. Amicable, pensive, quarantine, amethyst, megalomania... what did they mean? She was on the fifth page already and she could barely tell what it was saying. Her face twisted into confusion, brows furrowing in frustration.

(Tatsuke's the one near a battlefield and Sin's the one who gets 5 paragraphs. Sorry for the long, rambling post, by the way :/ )

Edited by Luckyclaw

((If he doesnt post by tomorrow, Ill make it an auto loss. He's way too bad at posting -.-))

[[Maybe he has stuff to do? I mean, life happens. I'm not too constant about my posts either but I still pop on and post when I can.

Speaking of which, I'll get a post in sometime tonight or tomorrow. Depends on how I feel. Had a crappy day yesterday and I'm exhausted today.]]

((I like to believe that Frodykins is living life to it's fullest happy.gif Which is why he never appears to be on. Maybe he's skydiving right now or mountain climbing.

@lucky claw: That said, you have a point about Jeth and Tatsuke acting around Kira and Dain while they are in suspension would be awkward. If it's ok with you I'd like to wait until either Sai makes him auto-lose or Dain posts before I throw up a Jeth/Chip post.))

(Sometimes I forget who you're referring to with the nicknames. For the better part of five minutes I thought something along the lines of this...

Anyway, yeah it's totally fine by me smile.gif . It would feel awkward if we were having a post war while they didn't post anything, being Tatsuke and Jeth's actions are indirectly linked.)

((Luckyclaw, sandy skin? Milky eyes?

With eyes that was close enough, but they also have a blueish color.

And Ten-Jorra's skin is dull green. Please don't forget that smile.gif ))

Edited by TheTron852

((Going through with it now -.-))

Kira weaved closer and closer before pouncing onto Dain. She pinned him to the ground and swiftly used a fire-fueled punch to knock him out cold. The dogs disappeared with no one to control them. She stood up and examined her work, "Tch, all talk. Typical" she snorted and put her hands on her hips. Her fire cloak melted away and she turned to face the others. "Come to watch the show, did you? He asked for it. Literally. So I don't want to hear any lectures" she narrowed her eyes at Tatsuke and Jeth. "Anyone ELSE feel like cracking jokes?" she growled. Perhaps this wasn't the best way to make friends. Then again, what was the point? She was hardly able to click with anyone. Back in the city they were all troublemakers. But it was all in great fun. Graffiti artists, hackers, and all the rest. She loved the big city. Now she was stuck in the woods with many other races as socially awkward as her in their own ways.

Jaden looked at the forest. Jeth and Tatsuke's scent mixed with Kira and Dain's. The roars and explosions had ceased into an eerie silence. He felt like he should check, but he still felt awkward from earlier. He heaved a heavy sigh and collapsed back onto the grass. Someone had probably lost. He figured Jeth could have stopped anything serious since he was a tank. Then again, Jeth seemed a bit... slow in reaction time.

((He could be acting out Cast away on hisd own desert island complete with volly ball. I have a lot of fun imagining what Froodykins is up too IRL

@Luckyclaw: Lolz! Well I actually took one of his other nicknames "FROD" [the acronym of his full name] and added some flair to it that I stole from D-Gray Man.))

Jeth sighed when Kira went off on a rant. "We were just concerned for you and Dain. That was all, I'm glad your're both ok...ish." Jeth said with a frown. Why was she always so angry? he knew he was wierd but he didn't think that would cause her to be consistantly mad. It couldn't be Racial, Tatsuke was a human too and he was the polar opposite of Kira.

Chip wasn't quite as forgiving as Jeth. Here they were worried about Kira and she just yelled at them. It made no sense at all. Furious at Kira Chip balled up as big a pink cloud as she could manage, even coming out from under her shell to do so. Once Chip was done with the cloud it looked to be the size of Kira's head, Chip held the rather large daydream over the edge of her own cloud and let it drop down aiming for Kira. "Be nice to them." She telepathically squeeked at Kira since she wasn't big enough to really yell yet.

((That's right Chip get mad and hurl the fluffiest cloud you can make at them.))

((No, unfortunately. I talk to to him regularly and none of his business is fun -.-

FROD makes me thing of Frog. I just know him as Dain xd.png he changed his user a couple years back to FROD from Dain))

Kira's eyes snapped up to the hatchling. She blew the small cloud away with a small puff of fire from her mouth. She looked off to the side. Perhaps it was better to stop talking. She enjoyed bantering and even more so, rough housing. Everyone here seemed way too mellow for her liking. It was probably due to tension from the war. Even the little Untamed seemed cooped up. Weren't they suppose to be fiery too? The train of thought made her feel a pang of something. Loneliness? She furrowed her brow in annoyance to it. Chobit came trotting out from behind the bush now that the fighting was done. Faze held on to her horns for support. "Quite the show. But I'm glad you didn't burn down the forest" he commented. Kira recoiled- she hadn't really thought of that to begin with.

((Enk? Camp site and scary stories at Great War RP smile.gif ))

Argonian glanced back at the passing person, catching the latter's glance. It was a teenage female with a messy red hair, silver eyes and very bright freckles. Ten-Jorra took her as a human at first, so she paid her almost no attention and turned back to her position. She closed her eyes, minding her own business.

Runara on her neck yawned, waking up from her nap. "Huh... Whoa. Last time I was somewhere else. Uh, Tenny? Where am I?" - she asked the argonian.

"We are in the class room." - replied Ten-Jorra. - "And please call me Ten-Jorra."

"Aww..." - the dragon hatchling chirped sadly. - "But 'Tenny' name is cute..."

Ten-Jorra just chuckled and stroke Runara's head.

Tatsuke really didn't know how to react, what to say. She just knocked that vampire flat on his back, then in the flash of an eye turned to them. Couldn't say he was surprised that she knew they were there the whole time, but he never reacted too well to snapping. "Not wanting trouble... calming. No one going to 'wreckture'." He didn't even know what that meant anyway. But it didn't sound like a good word, so maybe she thought they were going to attack her...? No, maybe it meant she didn't want to be made fun of? Baah this language. "We just watch your back. Jethf told me Shaydz live in here forest. Shaydz bad! We would help if came, but as see none came. So guess you can say... Meshon Akumprish!"

In all honesty, he didn't like this girl's attitude either. They hadn't said anything to her yet, made sure they didn't get in the way, just looking out for her in case something went wrong. But if it diffused the situation, there was no need to stick one's nose up in the air. It took two opposing forces to cause friction. It never really occurred to Tatsuke that she was the kind of person who worked better when others did clash against her. Like Jeth had thought, they may be of a similar race but they were indeed two very different people, and Tatsuke was smart but he wasn't a mind reader.

~~~

Sin was getting aggravated and this was really starting to bite at her confidence. She had to put down three books because she just couldn't read them, and all the books her level were boring and stupid. One was about some tribal cats in the woods and the main topic everywhere was forbidden love, another was about some vampire falling in love with an electric socket that barely had enough emotions to be considered human, and the last one was a human in school who had to weak glasses. All the cool books were written in hieroglyphics to her, so she was stuck with the ones that just bored the snot out of her head. An exasperated sigh escaped her, her fangs glinting under her lip and the crummy book falling to the ground. She surveyed the area around her, ears twitched once like a cat, three bad books she could understand and three good ones she couldn't. Six books. She wished she hadn't come in here. The bad books were haphazardly picked up and crammed back into the book shelves, no care for order, while the good books she gathered up into her arms and stood with. What was she going to do with these now? She didn't want to put them back, but there was no point taking them either...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud "MEEP!" followed by tiny claws clattering up the side of her head, like a little bat. They rested as soon as they reached the top of the red mountain, a head barely bigger than her palm resting its chin on her forehead. Her silver eyes looked up. Did her dragon really hatch that quietly...? Hot dang.

(Was gonna elaborate but it's late and I'll be packed for my own lunch if I don't get to bed now.)

((I've always wondered what would happen if someone ate themselves. Would they implode or cause a paradox?))

Kira looked back at Tatsuke. She stared at him thoughtfully for a moment. He always talked like he'd just been punched in the mouth. He was human wasn't he? It seemed strange that he was so incoherent. "Shades bad, huh?" she echoed, cocking an eyebrow at him. On the offnote, she couldnt imagine shades being much trouble to a group of magic-wielders. "Oh, Jeth. I'm assuming you can carry his sorry butt back to the dorm. I certainly ain't. The pervert" her eyes flared again. She regained her composure and shook her head. Chobit tilted her head, "Per...vert?"

Jaden tilted his head back, looking at the woods from an upside-down view. A hunt would be nice. Or real climbing. Something out in the woods like he had surrounding his city at home. His home was a city of stone, surrounded by a lush meadow on one side with a river, and surrounded by trees. Mountains capped off in the distance. He missed it a lot. Hia mouth went slightly agape in thought, his eyes drooping in a sudden sadness. Perhaps going through the forest would make him feel better. Jaden groaned quietly as he rolled onto his stomach and pushed himself up to a standing position. Zeek followed after him as he walked into the forest. A gentle breeze fell through the trees. Peaceful. He shut his eyes though his heart ached more for home instead of feeling better. He sighed. Weakness. That's what his teacher would have called it at home. "Tch, some warrior I am, huh? Here one day and already moaning to go home" he said to Zeek. Zeek smiled and rubbed against his leg. Of course since Jaden was small, that really came up past his knee.

Jeth stood by quietly, happy to let Tatsuke deal with negotiations. He felt like lettting one human deal with another would yield better results than is he tried to reason with Kira.

"I can, but was it really appropriate to hit him so hard?" Jeth said to Kira casually as he lumbered over to his unconscious roommate. He knelt down and picked Dain up off the ground, he had always heard Vampires were remarkable at healing themselves, maybe he couldn't because the sun was up right now.

Chip glowered down at Kira from under her shell. She was a little peeved at having her cloud blown away by the girl. She had hopped to but the girl into a proper daze as punishment for being so mean to Jeth and Tatsuke. She huffed and floated away from Kira with her tail tucked tightly around her body.

Jeth saw Chip floating away and called out after her. "Please do not go too far Chip!" "I don't want to be near the mean one. I thought she was nicer but she isn't!"

Edited by En'K'Haral

[[i've got some catching up to do. I'll be taking care of it over the week as I've nothing else to do and I'm almost done with a cartoon series I started re-watching.]]

"Oh it's every bit appropriate. I was minding my own business. Not only is it creepy that he followed me, but he started making perverted jokes. So excuse me for knocking him flat on his ass" Kira folded her arms across her chest. "My kind doesn't get along with vampires in the first place. He's certainly not helping" she huffed. Of course, she was more than happy to oblige the fight when Dain had offered. Kira watched Chip float away. "Careful, if you heat up, your cloud might just evaporate" she teased with a smirk. She looked between Jeth and Tatsuke, "For a big guy, you are terribly passive. And you. You're just on the edge of jumping out of your skin" she looked at them respectively. What did it take to get anyone to rough-house?

"What's out here?" Zeek asked, looking around. Jaden sniffed the air, "Nothing..." it seemed the wildlife was keeping away in fear of the new company. Aside from the bear den he could smell downwind. But bears tended to keep to themselves unless otherwise provoked. "Oh!" Zeek spread both his wing sets and flew up into a bunch of leaves. He shook the branch from the inside and red apples fell to the ground. Zeek landed and chewed experimentally on one. "Really sweet" "They're apples" Jaden picked one up. He preferred meat, though he was technically an omnivore.

((I would have Jeth sweatdrop here but he can't sweat xd.png))

Jeth watched with a touch of anxiety as Kira ranted some more. She really was very aggressive. "Your kind? Aren't you human?" After all he hadn't seen her transform, then again he couldn't recall humans and vampires getting along much but something about her statement seemed off. Whatever she answered Jeth shrugged it off as she went on to tease Chip. Chip just turned around on her cloud and stuck her tongue out from under her shell at Kira before she resumed floating away.

Before the elemental knew it the rage had turned on him. He felt himself becoming a little exasperated by her near constant anger. "i was told by my shaper that people from the other races might be intimidated by me and that I should be sure to be nice to all of them to help me fit in. Besides, my people aren't as aggressive as we used to be for good reason. If the four elements hadn't waged our wars before the new races were born this would still all be one land...well at least that's what the Shaper legend says." he said adjusting Dain who was currently slumped on the elemental's shoulder. "But, you know you can just come and fight with me if you really feel like you need too. I'm not as fragile as the other races here so you can wail away without worry." He said shifting into help-desk mode again.

((Yes, Chip is in fact cos-playing Shellder.

Jeth the rock man, here for all your stress relief needs happy.gif))

(My mind sees a golem in a white suit and glasses behind a help desk with a tiny little sigh that says 'Jeth' and a cup that says 'I Hate Mondays'.)

At least Tatsuke had some good reasons for always looking like he was going to scream. His magic was mediocre at best and he was possibly a member of one of the weakest races here. No claws, no super-strength, no fangs, no shape-shifting. Then toss in the fact he didn't even fluently speak the same language. Humans were sort of like a common ancestor to a lot of races, the water before the soup. There was nothing special to them, but they had small traces of everything the other races had. Tatsuke was a humble person, non-confrontational. That could have been something to explain, an excuse, but Tatsuke on top of his low self-esteemed feelings and her abrasive approach which would have subverted his reply into the metaphorical equivalent of putting his tail between his legs... had no idea what 'jumping out of one's skin' meant.

"I very badly understand what 'jump out of skin' means. I am not moving. And yes... Shades bad. Shades are bad. We wanting to be friend-like, make sure no get hurt when making hurt with other, understanding?" Tatsuke was trying so hard. He said his words slowly, thinking about each one as he said it. But it still came out wrong. Nothing he ever said was right.

His arms involuntarily crossed, closed against his chest. It was a reflexive gesture, he didn't even notice he did it. He was swapping to the defensive, because he felt increasingly intimidated. He wasn't as resilient as Jeth, not at all. Just the fact he wasn't understanding Kira was getting to him. Not in an annoyed display, in a subconsciously submissive and embarrassed way. A human may not pick up on it right away unless they had an eyes trained to look for it, but anything with an animal side would detect it blindfolded.

~~~

The books were abandoned as they lay. Dragons were way cooler than books anyway. She was exiting the library, feeling the need to get out of an area she could be shushed for talking too loud. Her new perch was a corner in some far-placed region of the school. The hatchling was on her lap, and she glanced to the clock before she went back to address the world's newest dragon. About fifteen minutes or so until her next class...

She ran a hand over its body. The scales were like smooth leather if rubbed from head to tail, and like sandpaper when rubbed tail to head. It reminded her of a shark, something she'd been allowed to rub once when some sea-goer sold the tail of one to her merchant buddy. It crossed her mind for a split second that the dragon probably tasted like shark-fin soup, but that was discarded as quickly as it came. Thinking of what your life-long companion would taste like in a soup was frowned upon in most societies, and Azazel culture was no exception, contrary to some beliefs!

He was a black dragon, with occasional markings of ashen white and brown crisscrossing his body. But overall he was black as pitch... except for a totally white face with a black lateral stripe right across his muzzle. He was unique looking, if nothing else. Especially the bright blue horns that curled over the side of his face like a ram's.

He rested that white face on her knee, eyes closed and flank slowly rising and falling. No front feet, just wings and hind legs. "So... looks like you don't talk much, eh? I thought you guys'd talk when you first came out." At her comment, he just opened an eye at her sarcastically, then rolled from his belly to his back. His wings flopped out wide all over her lap like a drunken bat. She took the opportunity to scratch it, earning a pleased grumble from him. "Eh. Guess it was sorta wrong to assume you'd just start talking when you were just born. At your age The best I was doing was... exactly what you're doing now. Sleeping and making noises. All the others I heard of so far though, they talked so... bah whatever. So I guess that means you ain't got no name, eh?" Still no answer, but she guessed the looks he gave her were a good answer enough. She never had a friend who spoke without words before... but she sort of liked it. It was new. There had been a longstanding Azazel tradition of naming one's child something negative, to teach them that out of something bad can come something good. Sin herself had been told a poem about her name her mom had come up with, but that was for Azels. She wouldn't feel right giving a dragon a name like 'Sever' or 'Derelict.' It was the human equivalent of naming it Paul. "You're black like pitch... and you seem to really like when I itch your belly..." One thing about Sin was that she wasn't very creative. At all. "Pitch, itch... I'm gonna call ya Mitch. Speak now or forever hold your horses." She got no reply aside from a twitching tail, so she guessed it wasn't the worst name in the world. Not that it was anywhere among the most awe-inspiring names for a dragon.

(Again, Tatsuke is the one doing something and Sin gets a longer post than him. Amazing.)

((Sorry Enk, I am not that out going with that much money... No I am just working and going to school... Sorry about not posting, however I am needing to focus on school... I have my exams coming. Because of this and the lack of a sufficient job, I will not be posting for a while so just think of Dain as a typical student... Send me a PM if you want to chit chat and I will answer them ASAP but other than that I guess I will see y'all two weeks from now, hopefully with good news! smile.gif))

Kira put a hand to her hip, the other coming up in a gesture, "It means you get scared very easily. You're what we call meek. Over submissive" she explained. It was strange. She was more used to seeing that kind of behavior in girls. Dainty as a dandelion. Kira turned on Jeth again, "I don't need a punching bag. I like something that fights back. But it seems you're determined to hold your temper for your race. Pity, you probably cant even feel pain. Where's the competition in that?" she paused to mellow over his other question. "Well" she looked down at Chobit, the small dragon made a quiet thrum of curiosity, "I'm not... entirely human you could say. Or rather I have a 'condition'" she made quotes with her fingers. "Something from the human culture. Only humans get it. And they can spread it by bites. Same as a vampire" she smirked. She laced her fingers together thoughtfully, "We and vampires have disliked each other since ancient times. I don't even know why. Just a hereditary hate it seems" she figured Tatsuke could piece it together himself. Maybe, he did seem... ditzy to other humans. And she wasn't sure Jeth even knew what a werewolf was.

Jaden raised the apple to his mouth and sunk his fangs in it. A sweet apple. He turned and watched Zeek trot through the area. A beam of light poured through the trees. Zeek tried to grab it with his paws. "Mmm" he hummed and tilted his head. As he did, the light bend as well. Jaden paused, swallowing the piece of apple before he choked. "Is that you?" Zeek looked back, big blue eyes looking innocent. Was the dragon manipulating matter as he could? Or was it something else? Zeek reached at paw back in the light and pulled a piece of it apart like string cheese.

Chip was grumbling to herself as she floated through the forest having left Jeth and the others behind. She saw Zeek and Jaden up ahead, Zeek was busy pulling light apart while Jaden watched. Concluding that it looked like fun Chip floated down to the duo and tried grabbing at the light as well with zero success.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeth laughed a little. "We do in fact feel pain although for you to hurt me would take far more effort than it would for you to hurt anyone else." He didn't say anything back to her when she said she didn't want a punching bag. He hadn't planned on just being a punching bag but he didn't really want to fight either so there was no point in encouraging it much farther.

Jeth added his own tidbit a little bit after Kira when she answered Tatsuke's question. "It's a human expression meaning to be very scared. I didn't really understand it the first time I heard it either." He basically restated what she had already explained. Jeth kind of understood what Tatsuke was getting at. "I think he was saying that we were here just to make sure you two weren't in trouble. He had no intention of interfering with your personal fight." Which reminded Jeth when Dain came around he would have to talk to the vampire about the evil ways of perversion he had pursued with Kira.

Kira went on to explain her condition and her relation to Vampires. As she spoke Jeth wracked his mind for a specie that matched her description and he could only think of one also mentioned in the third generation's tales from when they had been in contact with the other races. A specie that was in constant conflicted with the Vampires of legends did come to mind. "You are wolf-kin?" That was the old name that the elemental's had adopted for were-wolf, it indicated the relation a man/woman had with wolves. He didn't have to stretch his imagination to figure out how Kira viewed her predicament.

((Is it ok if Jeth hurls Dain into the room from the courtyard when they get back?))

In Nihoun, wolves had been part of the culture for thousands of years. Unlike their counterparts in more popular human culture across the old world, wolves were seen as wise and fair creatures. A wolfkin would be expected to have that noble standard he grew up with, and wolves would have respect in his eyes. This one here, though, he didn't like her very much. But one thing he had begun to realize was the presence of her red hair. Pushing aside the fact it was a perfectly natural hair color in several species similar to humans, to a human themselves it was reputed that scarlet red hair was the indication of a werewolf. It was something he read in a scroll somewhere, one he'd meticulously been forced to translate from one language to another to finally crack open to the sweet knowledge like honey inside. Werewolves apparently had hair on their palms, under their skin and their index finger was the same height as their middle one. But these were all things he had read, not knew. There were legends of shapeshifters that lived in his home country, the Tanuki and Kitsune races, but he knew as much about those as he did Werewolves. Unconfirmed trivia.

But it was still enough to pin she was probably werewolf. Especially the bite-to-transform bit. He was ditzy because he didn't understand, when he was onto something there was a hidden intellect that was lost in translation. He didn't say anything now, like he had cracked in the better part of thirty seconds her race with only the slight doubts that came with any indirect answer she had cracked him right away. Yes, he was terrified and defensive, that much was so ungodly obvious that it only embarrassed him further. Any bravery he had was shot down, like a bird with an arrow through its heart. With it so obvious, it only made him want to shut up for fear of looking even more cowardly. Keep it clammed before he made it worse. Like he did in the cafeteria earlier.

But one thing did illicit reverence from him. Jeth understood what he was trying to say, and explained it to someone else in the exact words he had wanted to use. He appreciated it a lot, wanted to ask how Jeth did that so easily. Thank him for unscrambling his words from the alphabet soup of syllables. But later, for now he was simply too uncomfortable and too estranged to reply back to Kira's dart on the bullseye...

Edited by Luckyclaw

[[Tomorrow I'll get my post made. I'm going to be a bit more active too for a bit until about mid June when school starts up for me again. Apologies.]]