picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

"Just a few thousand-oh right. For humans a thousand years is extremely long." Jeth Said after Tatsuke told him about the paintings. He explained that old Nihounese drawings were not drawn well but possessed great style. "I'm sure you're drawings have a style of their own." Jeth said with a smile finding a patch of grass where he sat down on the ground. "In my culture each Shaper has their own style. There is no overruling tradition of how shaping is done. Perhaps it is better to see things like this: instead of losing the old style of Nihounese drawing you are pioneering the new style of Nihounese drawing." The element theorized leaning back on his hands.

Dain frowned upset from her snide remark. "I would be but the school doesn't lend any and my coffin at home is too big to move." Dain chuckled and approached her, poking her on the nose. "Would you like to come lay in my coffin at home with me? It is a two person and could fit us perfectly." Dain was, of course joking. Trying to get under Kira's skin, and though he would be friends, wants to fight her. Dain stepped back a few more steps with a slightly sadistic smile. "So what do you say? Are going to lay with me or are you going to fight.

Kira narrowed her eyes as Dain came closer, not faltering as he poked her nose. Did he just?... she frowned as he back away. Her face would have flushed but she already had pink fur. That's some kind of bad joke. Classy my ass. They're just rats with wings taking human form she thought. "What did you-! ... Who do you-! ..." she hunkered down on all fours again and growled. "Not on your life!" she snarled and lunged at him. Her claws came out, swinging out first to try and pin him. "I'll give you a coffin! And I'll put you six feet under too so you dont have to worry about the daylight!"

Dain chuckled at the irritated werewolf. When Kira lunged at him he allowed her to pin him to the ground. Dain chuckled before putting on a fake surprise face. "Now I knew I am unresistant but you didn't have to tackle me in the process. Dain lifted his knee up between Kira's legs. "Well I must go now... I have classes I must get to. Besides, I am to much of a gentleman to fall for such a vulgar and bold way of answering my previous question. Dain chuckled as his body began to degrade into a pool of dog blood.

Kira snarled at his response. She raised a paw and swiped at his hat. Perhaps he'd burn without it. Her paw only met blood when her hit landed. She jumped out of it in disgust. "You're the opposite of a gentleman. Go ahead then, coward. Run" she taunted. Kira shifted down into her human form again and folded her arms, "I expected as much. All talk" she added. Kira wondered if the commotion had attracted attention. Not likely. Even when she'd heard Jaden before, she kept walking. Why would anyone else respond different?

Dain chuckled his voice almost echoing in the air. "You picked to fight me at the wrong time. I just got done eating." The blood on the ground slid away from Kira and as it all came together a few feet away, it began to rise into the air. Dain's laugh continued as the blood began to swirl and spin in a tornado shape. After a little bit, the blood turned almost black and demonic dog eyes began to open in random places on the tornado. A large mouth appeared on the blood spiral in front of Kira and moved with Dain's laugh. "I am going to show you a little trick some of us high class vampires possess. As this was said the blood began to boil and the mouth opened wide before pulling away from the spiral. As it moved, the blood made the shape of a dog's head with the eyes covering it. The dog sprinted towards Kira with its Jaw open while howling at the same time. As this happen Dain regained shape behind the dog, with the dog acting like his arm.

((The dog looked like this: http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/...27568.jpg?v=1))

Tatsuke was about to interject more of his awkward words to Jeth, and they would have been along the lines of this.

"I know my style will always be different, just like every artist in the past has brought their own ideas into the pool and eventually made one big idea that is usually made to be an entire culture. Those artists a thousand years ago probably thought the same thing I did. But sometimes you want to be just like the perfection you feel they've created. Even though it means stepping back in detail to acquire more of a set style, I wish I could just do it perfectly a few times so I could see how they did it. Every little shred of information- every perspective- is one piece of a bigger whole and sometimes knowing that you'll never be able to fill in all the white spots with a crayon drives you crazy."

But, of course, Tatsuke wasn't as eloquent, and he had not the words to fully express the feelings deep inside his heart and brain. The feelings he knew, but just couldn't share because he just didn't know how. Like the white spot on the paper he could simply never color with a crayon. But even if, by some miracle of emotion and speech, the awkward Nihounese boy discovered how to present his heart in those little sounds that we call words, there was noise coming from the forest. Not laughter, not speaking... Then when the scuffling stopped, the birds ceased to sing. Something terrible was happening, and it was in the air all around.

"What is sound?" He pointed towards the forest. "I have bad feeling..."

~~~

Jaden. Huh. Wasn't that a girl's name? Or was it ambiguous? Damned if she knew. Whatever it was, it was a weird name and it was probably not much more than a sound to describe this kid; so she would only think of it as such. For the moment. She doubted that Jaden would ever have the connotation of a 'friend' or 'enemy'. Just a guy in the hall. "Jaden, eh? Fits you." She shrugged her shoulders, before putting her hands in her pockets. "Don't scratch any furniture." It was at that point she turned to leave the Untamed alone. It was so nice out, and she had better places to be than inside teasing a fourteen year old.

(Whoops, I'm sorry. I thought you guys had walked towards a wooded area. I assumed that there were woods surrounding the school looking at the photo on the front page, so I guessed that you'd wandered far enough that you would start crossing into said woods. yeah, it does. Tatsuke doesn't know yet, he's just got a bad feeling. His reaction depends on Jeth's response.)

EDIT

(wtf am I talking about, there's no picture there. Agghh.)

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Lol "Professor, Dains envoking the power of Satan again" "Meh, Ill allow it"))

Jaden watched Sin as she spoke again. He was sure her comment on his name had an undertone. "Tch" he turned towards the stairs, "Some lady you are" he growled and walked back down the stairs. Chancing an awkward situation outside was better than being harassed in here. Zeek followed him down. Jaden walked instead out the front doors instead of the back where the others were. He was greeted by a pleasant breeze and sunshine. "Much better" he sighed in relief. Zeek pranced forward, pouncing on a dandelion and rolling in the grass. His ears twitched at distant snarling and other odd noises. ...Do I even want to know? he turned. It was definitely coming from the forest. Probably not...

Chobit and Faze, who'd been waiting heard the commotion going on. "Hey that sounds like Kira" the ferret mused. Chobit cocked her head, "Werewolves make dog noises you know" he prodded her. Faze sat on her back, "Well come on, let's go see" he urged. Chobit stood up and trotted along the forest until she spotted Kira and Dain off in the distance. She paused behind a bush when she noticed they were fighting. "Uh... yeah good call. Let's sit back here" Faze fiddled his paws.

Kira bent her knees, "Don't give me too little credit. I just fed too" she growled. She watched as his form began to shift. I should keep human form... magic will do be better than blunt strength here... she decided. Kira jolted out of the way as the black dog lunged. She rolled to the side and spread her hands. Fire engulfed her body in a sort of cloak. It created a fire tail and ears resembling her werewolf form and her eye-teeth sharpened a bit to a more canine look. She caught her roll on her knees and opened her mouth in a shout. A large fireball shot out at where Dain now stood.

((No you were right I'm pretty sure they're in the forest.))

Jeth had also heard the commotion in the forest and grown concerned. Didn't Dain go in there earlier? It was still daylight out which increased Jeth's concern. "I am not sure what that was, but I did see Dain go in there...and I think Kira too." He added remembering the girl a moment later. "When Jaden a few others and myself were in there yesterday we were attacked by a creatures called Shades. Perhaps we should see what is happening." Jeth said answering Tatsuke's concern and stood up. "If you're comfortable with going in there that is, it might actually be better to get a teacher."

(Of course the werewolf and the vampire are fighting in shadowbeast-infested woods. Couldn't choose a better place to flex their disposition muscles, eh?)

At the first nod of approval, Tatsuke was off. Jeth wasn't even able to finish his last sentence. Creatures in the forest that attacked man? Bears were a dangerous animal in the forest he came from, but the Nihounese didn't screw around when lives were on the line. There were whole breeds of dog bred for the take down of just bears. Then, add in the old legends of demons and monstrous snakes and man-turtles that drowned people and as anyone could imagine you got a race who was ready for pretty much anything. About ten feet in front of Jeth, the boy stopped and reached into his cloak. Out he pulled a large but relatively thin book. Old, wrinkled, brown like leather on the cover and yellow in the pages.

"Teacher take too long. If Shaydz very dangerful, must have backup right now. I not knowing what Kiwa and Dain be, but I thinking if Shaydz gather around school built for many kinds of people then they must have idea of many different people they be hunting. No accident that schoolbuilder just so happen to built on Shaydz... home, den, nest-thing. No time! We go!"

Now, he wasn't rash. Tatsuke had no deathwish nor was he looking for injury. But if it WAS some kind of beast, they would need help and they would need help now. If it wasn't, then there was the possibility they were fighting in the woods which would surely attract those Shaydz Jeth spoke of. They could wait a fair distance from the battle if that was the case, and wait for the real trouble to show up. The important thing was that two students didn't face things like that alone.

(Sin is in the halls, Jaden and Faze are outside and notice coming from the forest, which is just Dain and Kira are having a super-saiyan battle. Tatsuke is trying to get Jeth to come with him to see what's happening since they're not sure if Dain and Kira are having a cataclysmic slappy fight or if the Shades are coming back.)

Edited by Luckyclaw

((Don't usually spam on this but... GUYS I BAKED ANOTHER CAKE! user posted imagebiggrin.gif

Also, Faze is with Chobit, not Jaden. Faze is a white ferret and Chobit is Kira's dragon))

((That is amazingly pink o.O))

"Uuhh..." There wasn't time to say more as Tatsuke dashed off into the forest a pink cloud and eggshell floating hurridly after him. Grunting Jeth stood up and started jogging after Tatsuke. The thundering footfalls of hte elemental would be plenty warning to anything nearby that he was rushing. Jeth didn't want to get into a full run because that made it hard to stop but tatsuke was getting distance and he couldn't afford to lose sight of him and chip. So full run it was for the elemental. "What is the book for!?" He called after Tatsuke.

((Jeth will now participate in cross country avalanching xd.png))

(It would be crazy ironic if Jeth took ballet classes.)

It clicked five minutes later that Jeth was made of stone and probably wouldn't be able to run as fast. Whoops. The human slowed down a little bit, making sure he wasn't going to be half a mile ahead of the elemental when they arrived there. Tatsuke made barely any noise as he moved, mostly in part to his skinny body and the fact he wasn't a ton or made of rock. He didn't answer Jeth about his book yet. If the going got rough it would be obvious why he was holding his special tome, but if nothing happened then there would be time for him to explain why there had been a ratty old book in his cloak.

(I'll post arrival upon the next few lines of battle from Dain and Kira, just in case they want to either notice Jeth's footsteps, not notice or get interrupted by Shades as Jeth and Tatsuke predicted.)

[[i kinda need to find a way back in to this thread, aheh. Also, shouldn't the second class of the day be starting now? tongue.gif Teacher's probably going "Where are all the students? o.O]]

Soria blinked, slowly absorbing the massive amount of books that filled a plethora of shelves inside the gigantic room. When she was able to comprehend the fact that the Academy would have such an extensive collection of texts, the young witch began to inspect first one row of shelves and then the next. She wasn't certain if there was any sort of Librarian here since it was so quiet; not even the rustling of pages or the steady rhythm of breathing beside her own. It was rather lonely actually and she paused, frowning. Maybe I should just look through here later... When there's more people in here or with me... Brushing a stray bit of hair behind her ear, Soria promptly left the large room and headed for the cafeteria; her stomach was complaining about being empty and she could only obey its demands.

[[so short but I've got work in a little bit to get ready for.]]

Dain cocked his head slightly not sure if he should be scared or start to laugh. Kaira had went from her canine form to the human form, and then gained a cloak of fire that made her look somewhat canine again. Dain chuckled as she dodged the dog. He moved to the side quickly, dodging the fire ball, and began to laugh crazily as more of his demon hounds began to start flying out of his body in all directions. Dain could her something in the distance, regardless of the laughing. It sounded almost like a footstep, or a footstep for a giant. Dain shrugged it off, turning his attention once more towards Kira. "Your a little lucky I don't have my sword hun. This battle would have been over."

((FINALLY.))

Kira dulled her eyes. All this laughing. It reminded her of one of the video games she played back in the city- Zelda. The boss Ganon was always laughing to the point of stupidity. She moved in between the black dogs as they approached, her fire cloak enhancing her speed like she would have as a werewolf. She glanced up as Dain spoke again. "Tch, you gonna talk all day or do this?" she taunted. She weaved in around the dogs, trying to get closer as she spewed out more fireballs. It would at least help her determine if the dogs were sentient or he had to spare concentration to control them. Thundering footsteps caught her attention. She sniffed once. Jeth and Tatsuke. Can't stay out of anything, can they? she thought.

No. No they couldn't. Tatsuke came to a halt near the fighting, but not near enough to foolishly get caught in the crossfire. It occurred to him now that it was just a fight between students... well, that was putting it too casually. It was an apocalyptic war of the freaking gods out there. There were dogs all over the place, freakish demon dogs, and the girl was running at the male who was on the opposite side of the dogs. Since the canines weren't attacking Dain, and because Dain wasn't attacking them, that they were linked in some way. Were those dogs... Shaydz? He didn't think so... but looking at them was unsettling him great. He suddenly wished he hadn't left his holy charm in his room. Nothing to be afraid of, they said. His mind grumbled, half from the need for a distraction and half from side thoughts as he formulated the best course of action. Just as scared of you as you are of them, they said.

When Jeth caught up, Tatsuke leaned to him and asked as silently as he could while still being audible under the roar of battle, "Those, they shaydz? Not look safe, but look, they are not hurting Dain. He is... owning them, I think. Master."

((NOT TRUE! Ganon almost never laughs in Skyword sword! *only example*))

Jeth was greatful that Tatsuke had slowed down, it allowed him to jog and he was even more greatful that he was jogging because the boy stopped almost out of the blue. Had Jeth been running Tatsuke could have ended up flat as a pancake. Still even stopping like this was hard for the elemental, he'd only leaned forward in order to keep himself from stumbling and squishing his new friend. Fortunately that action caught Tatsuke's whispered words. He looked up at the dogs and shook his head. "No, those aren't Shades, and maybe. I don't know Dain's abilities." Even though his appearance had changed a little the vampire was still unmistakably Dain. On top of that the girl on fire was clearly Kira.

Jeth watched for a moment a little concerned. "Tatsuke, shouldn't we stop them?"

Dain frowned. It seemed like it was time to get serious. Dain began to quickly move between the fireballs, almost like it was a dance. Every now and then he would kick up some dirt, eventually making a dust cloud around Kira and him. Dain removed his shirt, not that he needed it since his powers were making an 'armor' around him. He then quickly moved in a circle making his way to the other side of the cloud from his shirt. Dain kneeled and let his mutts roam free from his grasp. The demonic dogs used their nose and many eyes to help them see, target, and attack. Dain was irritated that he didn't have his sword and knew it was would have been the greatest asset to the battle that he could have had.

((Of course he would find some reason to take his shirt off lol))

Kira watched as Dain kicked up a dust cloud and fled. She smirked, "That's not going to work~ I can smell you" she taunted, turning to where he was through the cloud of dirt. She zipped back through the dust away from the dogs and straight for Dain. She spotted him kneeling and dashed for him, her cloak widening for a sort of flare-blitz. When she was close, she lunged forward to pin him again. It was experimentation either way. If he turned to liquid, she could see how vulnerable it was to attack.

(Lul, Kira is totally not Arcanine... nope))

Tatsuke kept a close watch on the two. Aside from knowing they wouldn't just stop on a dime if they stepped in and it was dangerous for him and his new friend to get in the middle of a fight like this, Tatsuke was also... curious. The bottom line was that Tatsuke was human in a school of beasts. Any one of them could smash him into pieces if he got into a fight like this, and the only advantage he had was his wit. A stupid little book wouldn't protect him from any one of the abilities displayed. The more he knew about each and every one of these people the better. Not that he was planning to become some kind of dominant being here, in fact he only wanted to be friends with everyone despite his fear and awkwardness. But if push came to shove, he wasn't going to pass off a chance to learn anything that could save his butt in the future. You had to realize those things when your race had the greatest casualties of the war, only rivaled by the losses of the dragons.

"No, they very into fight. If jumping in now we break their focus, and more people get hurt. If they would stop, would have stopped by now by hearing us come. Or by smelling us. Earlier today Dain tell me my blood smelled nice to him, if he smelled it across lunching room over other smells, he smell it here and now." He gently put his arm out, gently tapping Jeth on the chest as a body language for 'easy does it.' Dain scared the hell out of him. He did in the cafeteria when he jumped out of the chair and hit the ground and he did now while he looked like some kind of demon. He hoped he never had to fight him. "...How she not sneeze with all that dust in face?"