Jemindra

Plushies!

A kit could be difficult. Some people don't have the artistic talent or patience to make their own plushies. I think people would prefer just getting a plushie straight away.

Agreed. Most people don't buy plushies that they can't cuddle right off. Not only does it lack that kind of instant gratification, but people are busy. Most people have neither the time nor the motivation to put a plushie together from scraps of fabric and thread.

We could probably have a poll asking which dragon people would most like to become a plushie, and have a few made of that plushie. If it does well, we could branch out into other dragons.

mom is making a mint plushie, because I asked her to....

smile.gif she's driving home now, over the next few days she'll do something. she might make a silver male too, because she thinks Streamer is cute. She wants to make a silver hatchie to be hugged too.

Note: The plushies mom is making are good sized plushies, to be hugged and squished. She will also make dragon egg pillows, if you're interested.

I cannot wait to see the Mint plushie! I actually made a Mint dragon out of modeling clay, but....well, I made his neck to thin and his head fell off. He's still on my dresser though, I keep hoping I'll get some Super-Glue to fix him with.

Oooh... can't wait to see them! biggrin.gif

I honestly would love to see a Skywing plushie. That'd be the cutest and the best! IMO... smile.gif

Edited by dejavugurl

Ok I now realy want a mint and season. I have an idea for the paper. You could make it an oriagami one. I can do Oriagami. But the thing is, it would have to be big...ok then maybe forget it.

origami dragons have been suggested. in the "inanimate dragons" thread.

Guys, mom is looking for good fabric so bear with her, the small store by where my parents live doesn't have anything really good, it's currently stocking fabric for homecoming gowns. Next time she's at the bigger city where there's a big fabric store she'll get plushie fabric. Unless you REALLY want fake silk mint dragons......

Should we get artist permission to make plushies?

Edited by sabbita

She will also make dragon egg pillows, if you're interested.

O.o, YAY!!!

She will also make dragon egg pillows, if you're interested.

O.o, YAY!!!

but yeah, she needs good fabric first. She's a master at plushie making, so you'll be impressed by the results if you wait.

Plushies!!! I too would LOVE plushies!!! biggrin.gif

I think that after someone has made the first good one of each kind, they could maybe share the pattern and instructions so that others can make them themselves? That would cut down a little bit on the mass-production conundrum.

(on the other hand, that would open up a whole can of worms about copyrighting, both for the pattern and for the dragon images and for the dragcave site as a whole... is TJ sure he doesn't want to make Dragcave into a business?)

Edited by Kayar

Guys? Should I talk to artists about permission to make plushies?

We should so do this! Sooo. when will we start designing plushies? >w<

Mom IS designing plushies, didn't you hear me? she doesn't have dragons of her own but she loves looking at mine, and she really wants to make plushies. She just needs to get the fabric to start working.

Omfg, I hardly buy anything from the internet but I will so buy silver and mint plushies.

Mom IS designing plushies, didn't you hear me? she doesn't have dragons of her own but she loves looking at mine, and she really wants to make plushies. She just needs to get the fabric to start working.

nope, sorry. /w\' Just posted....

nope, sorry. /w\' Just posted....

okay smile.gif just tired of telling peiople "were working on it"