Jemindra

Plushies!

Plushies! Yes! Oo here's an idea. The plushies come in 'eggs' that you can open up and there's the plushie waiting for you inside. Or at least the hatcling plushies. The adult ones can be out of egg. Thoughts?

And as for making them, I can sew pretty well. Give me time and I could make one. But college comes first mind you.

Edited by FeatherDragon

I like the idea of the hatchling in the egg. It's better than having those ones which you have to fold inside out, I don't like them.

If the eggs could be put back together that would be great. Then you could collect the eggs too.

We already talked about this in the new news thread

I looked, and found the company that AdventureQuest gets its plushies from. However, there's a minimum order of 500 plushies, and I'd probably have to do the shipping myself, something I just don't have the time to do. The site is a hobby, not a business.

Sorry i wanted them too

TJ only said no to massively producing them.

That doesn't mean we can't find a way to make small orders of plushies.

And yeah, TJ doesn't have to do it alone. Some of the members could help.

I think I would end up collecting my whole scroll in plushies.

...Which I shouldn't do, because I'm trying to get EB stuff with my allowance.

But, it's a great idea.

I NEED a mint plushie!!!!

They are my fav and SO CUTE!!!

<.< If this idea isn't stamped with the O.K approval I might just resort to making my own...

Plushies are really easy to make!

We could solve this. Why would TJ have to do the shipping himself? Why not some other members help out? If it would be a financial issue, donors would get their investment back after the plushies sold.

It's not a financial issue - it's a time issue. Shipping potentially 500 plushies out to 500 different addresses is time-consuming. However, I only work part-time, so if no-one minds the shipping only being on a Monday or a Friday if the AdventureQuest people don't mind sending the order to the UK I'll happily do it laugh.gif

Nya~ Plushies would be cute. I'll ask my boyfriend to take a look at the sprites and see what he can come up with, he's awesome at creative shiz like this laugh.gif

We could solve this.  Why would TJ have to do the shipping himself?  Why not some other members help out?  If it would be a financial issue, donors would get their investment back after the plushies sold.

It's not a financial issue - it's a time issue. Shipping potentially 500 plushies out to 500 different addresses is time-consuming. However, I only work part-time, so if no-one minds the shipping only being on a Monday or a Friday if the AdventureQuest people don't mind sending the order to the UK I'll happily do it laugh.gif

Nya~ Plushies would be cute. I'll ask my boyfriend to take a look at the sprites and see what he can come up with, he's awesome at creative shiz like this laugh.gif

Already asked my mom, she's a genius with fabric.

D: I so would love a plushie.

But there is the problem of actually ordering them/shipping/money/yadda yadda yadda.

T^T I still want one.

Not if we get members to make the plushies :P

It'd be a simple thing to do, but I'd only be able to take ten orders at a time, due to school and the ammount of time needed to make them well.

I'll make some prototypes.

D: I so would love a plushie.

But there is the problem of actually ordering them/shipping/money/yadda yadda yadda.

T^T I still want one.

Not if we get members to make the plushies tongue.gif

It'd be a simple thing to do, but I'd only be able to take ten orders at a time, due to school and the ammount of time needed to make them well.

I'll make some prototypes.

we'll compare prototypes then, Kila, mom says she'll happily make prototypes too.

I like the idea of the hatchling in the egg. It's better than having those ones which you have to fold inside out, I don't like them.

If the eggs could be put back together that would be great. Then you could collect the eggs too.

Yeah the eggs could 'crack open' and be put back together and you could put the plushie in or out of it.

I had a dream the other night I was collecting plushie eggs that looked liked they were from the Dragon cave. But instead of being in a cave it was at a beach.

They were really cute in my dream. I wish I could at least make them. My last attempt to make a plushie was terrible but that was several years ago.

I lost it, but my mum said it looked cute.

If someone's making hatchling-in-an-egg plushies, I suggest making pouches along the spine that zip up. The wings could be folded up inside them, and then the pouches can be unzipped to let the wings out. :B

Also: take apart egg, stuff pieces into zipper-pouch in hatchling's belly for easy storage to avoid losing its shell. >.>

mom's making adult plushies, what should she do first?

The cute little mint...? Trying to pick the easiest one, but sewing isn't my strong suit so I wouldn't really know.

mint hatchie or adult? and how big should the plushie be, tiny resting in the palm of your hand, or big to hug and squish?

mint hatchie or adult? and how big should the plushie be, tiny resting in the palm of your hand, or big to hug and squish?

make the adult first, maybe slightly bigger then your hand.

because I would love a larger plushie big enough to hug.....

xd.png Maybe something in the middle? Like 18" long?

I could see egg plushies being a favourite to collect from people that don't even know what Dragoncave is.

EDIT: Maybe have the egg be a container, with the hatchling inside? Both plush.

Edited by Kharaen

O_O I was just wanting a plushie yesterday! And 18" sounds good. Big enough to hug, but smaller than a pillow.

Edit: DragonCave collectible egg plushies! I can see them lining the shelves now...

Edited by kimetara