Jemindra

Plushies!

@ Seikan: It depends on what deal is made. For example, for a some dragon plush(ies) the dragon artist gets a certain percentage of the profit. This has been discussed beforehand and depends on what the artist wants. The rest will be for own use though most is spent on fabrics/materials again to create new ones. I also promised to sell DC related plushies ONLY on DragonCave.

@ Kitoxa: Yes they look great ^^ I decided to use the pupilless version anyway. For some reason they just look better.

Edited by Goikuchan

-grabbyhands-

I want that one. I want it now. If you make another (or a normal black, I don't care) I have to buy it. D:

I love these. You do fabulous work.

I'd love to learn how to do this. Any resources to steer me in the right direction? I've looked at some tutorials online but they didn't really talk much about doing detail, like the folds in the wings for example.

Lyz.

user posted image

Thanks ^^ Here you go.

These are the best shots I could make. The shine of the fabric kinda prevents it so i had to use an older camera ^^' They're the only thing done with a sewing machine (that i had to borrow lol).

Wauw, that looks REALLY cool biggrin.gif

wished I could make such beautiful plushies...

but I can't even sew - and not speak english anymore as well, since I really don't know how to say what I was trying to say - that I couldnt sew a little 'piece' on a 'shirt' >< xd.png waw, but its 11:30 PM now and I'm tired *blames the time tongue.gif*

Very nice alt black! ^^

I wouldn't mind seeing a white dragon either.

Someone was working on one. I don't remember who, but if you look back a few pages you should find out.

My birthday is in less than 10 months... I want one.

That one is so cute! biggrin.gif

i love all of them,but its hard to keep track of them,is there a list somewhere?

and arnt the prices a little...um...high

Well, it costs a lot to buy the materials, and then making a profit... =P

Also, I can go ahead and list them for you.

@ LadyLyzar: I sent you a PM

@ miszamouse@yahoo.com: I'll probably make another one sometime ^^

@ DillyGirl: Thanks c: I just come from a creative family and my mother taught me a lot (two words, not one) of the basics. I think anybody could sew a plush when you have the right patterns.

royman6: I would charge less but unfortunately materials aren't cheap like Zovesta said, especially HQ fabrics , which I always try to use. I try to give people as much quality as possible in return for their payment.

Actually, I barely make any profit as it is since most of what's left of it is spent on more fabric, given to the artist as part of a deal or bills (urg... darn monthly bills) Hand-made plushies devour time and money :c

Edited by Goikuchan

Uhm... if we donated money to you, would it help?

I would love to be a mint dragon plushie too.

Lime green is my fav color :3

It would cost A LOT though...

So many people would want one.

I know I would!!! ^o^

The alt black looks pretty cool.

Though I would like to see the white one too. x3

Goikuchan, I love your plushes, they're amazing~!

But why are the horns/plates on the alt black yellow?

I'd love to see a silver female, magi, or pebble from you. Too bad I'm broke. ;D

@ smokey119442: I definitely want to do a white hatchie sometime ^^ Unfortunately I can't find any good white fabrics at the moment.

@ BettyxMe: Thanks ^^ Um.. they're not yellow.. They're brown. The velvet reflects the light too much in some pictures ^^' It's just a medium brown.

Edited by Goikuchan

lol, tried to sew

me & my sister are, uh, trying tongue.gif to make a poi, since she saw some at the Elf Fantasy Fair, and guess what!

I've just attached some ribbons to a tennisball and the sewing is still not broke! *happy* biggrin.giftongue.gif

lol xd.png

@ LadyLyzar: I sent you a PM

Good idea, I'm googling for plushie making info now tongue.gif

could you PM me too biggrin.giftongue.gif ?

Edited by DillyGirl

Someone was working on one. I don't remember who, but if you look back a few pages you should find out.

I looked back Faeryl saying she was working on one...I can't wait to see it. ^^

Just curious, what would the price be like if these were made with a lower quality fabric? You know, like felt or something (maybe not as bad as felt, but you get the gist). If nothing else each dragon sewer could get big rolls of fleece in the necessary colors (you know, that really soft stuff that's made into cheap blankets and some jackets) and just work on one or two dragon types from that. It's reeeeely nice and soft and snuggly, perfect for a plush, and not very expensive if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I'm taking a year off school next year. I'm pretty handy with a needle and thread, I could make some if I had templates. We need to be thinking about how these could be made for sale for $20 a piece or less, rather than $60.

Reducing the size a touch would be good, I think. Less materials means lower price. And smaller means less time and labor to sew.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I would really love the pattern for the alt black and the gold plushies ^^

Once you make my Guardian you could send me a copy of the pattern. I could make a smaller version and start making cheaper Guardians for sale. =3

@ Pokemonfan13: I'd estimate about $20 without wings and $25 with wings for a 12 inch hatchie. I agree, fleece is very nice material to use ^^ The problem is that fleece is available in only a limited amount of colours here. Mostly the wrong colours :c (or maybe I'm just picky). Though i don't know what the assortment is like there.

I'm not too fond either of working with low-quality fabrics though fleece would be fine. I try to use the fabrics for the dragons for other projects too to spare costs. Felt is hard to work with when you have to turn parts inside out and and it fets fuzzy after a while.

I rather work on various types and colours or it'll get boring very quickly. I always work on multiple plushies so i can switch and keep my motivation up.

Smaller plushies would be an idea since they would be lower in price but it also limits the details on a plush. For example; dragons would probably have flat horns made out of felt, since they would be too tiny to stuff them. I will try something out however. Sewing smaller plushies can be even harder then making big ones sometimes becus you'll have to everything extra small ^^'

For your other question. You're not the first to ask me for the patterns ^^' Not really a matter of trust but I don't know if I feel good about other people using my patterns for selling. I'm not really comfortable about it since I took me quite a while to figure out some dragon patterns and i kinda became my own style. So, I'll need to think about that a bit. Please PM me if you want to discuss this further c:

I do have a reference link I could send to you.

I love the plushies, too bad i can't afford to buy one. Pity i don't have the talent to make one without designs

Finally I'm done with them.

user posted image

Female Silver Male Silver

Their sizes are

9" tall

26" long(over all size)

They are for sale. So please make an offer.

This is a dragon Sprites by Kitoxa from the Dragon Cave

Offers start at 15.00 each

Female $

Male $

Any questions please note or message me.

Other facts about these plush. They have bendable tails and hand painted eyes.

Part of the profits from these two plush goes to Kitoxa the original artist!

Sorry I'm not to talkative but I just got back from the doctors and so I'm a bit tired!

Edited by yumiyutaka