Quhanta

Striving For Survival

Yuri stood in the parking lot, his hands militantly behind his back as he waited for Mak to give him a direct order, as of now he did not really know where to begin or what to do.

(( Sorry to be anal about it, but could you possibly give more detail about where Yuri is? One second he's leaving the store, the next he's on the roof. Read errybody's posts. Didn't even type out how he got back down to the parking lot, nor his reaction to Mak/Winston's words/attire/etc. It'll make the RP more rich for everyone. ))

(( I have to agree with arctic sorry not trying to be mean just a helpful suggestion smile.gif oh also Quhanta what kind of truck is it brand wise?))

Mak's feet touch the ground and he looks over at 'Ivan' shaking his head. "You don't have to be standing like I am your sargent there partner. Relax enjoy life if you really don't want to help me then you don't have to I'm not forcing you." He says chuckling while going to the truck and hoping into the driver's side turning it on. "Though if you do then I suggest you hop into the passenger side." He adds before shutting the door on the truck.

(Why is everyone on when I'm asleep?! tongue.gif It's a Ford F-150. Cab holds 3 including the driver. 4X4. Yes, please fix your posts. Not to be rude, but for the sake of everyone. Also, if you read my posts and notice errors with u, l, a, or any uncapitalizations, let me know, please. I have been having trouble with those keys and my shift key, I might miss one or two words here or there.)

Sarisha watched 'Ivan' leave the store and returned to examining at the shelves. Lien approached her and asked her a question.

"You could help me take an inventory, if you'd like." Sarisha offered. "Do you have anything to write with?" Lien was nice, quiet, and appeared very honest. She appeared, to Sarisha, as a city girl. A nice one.

Yuri approached the passenger side door, sliding his rifle off his back. He climbed up into the passenger seat, closing the door and setting his rifle on his lap. He calmly waited, looking around the store for a moment to get his bearings. He then looked at Mak briefly, then back at the hood. He still sat in a militant matter. His knees were tightly pressed together, one hand was on his trigger, and the other hand was on the barrel. His back was more straight then a flag pole, and his head and eyes stared onward- Focused. "I ready to go when others are." Yuri said. He actually could speak fluent English, even with his accent, but he maintained that hint of ignorance to keep up his disguise.

(( I don't know if there is actually a garage there so I'm going to guess there is hopefully))

Mak nods at 'Ivan' and looks forward putting the truck into drive and drove it to the back of the gas station where Mak has a garage and stopped hopping out to open the door and looking back at 'Ivan'. "Do you mind driving her inside onto those ramps there." He says pointing to a set of spaced ramps that are part of a machine that helps lift vehicals so you can work underneath them.

((Lol, It's okay. I'm always gone when everyone else is on. Hence why I don't post nearly as much as everyone else.))

Lien nodded and took out the pen that she was doodling with. "Yes. I have one." She smiled slightly and moved the arm she was doodling on behind her back slightly so that she wouldn't look like she wasn't doing anything while people were working.

(There is the store and a garage, yes.)

Sarisha acknowledged that she had a pen with a curt nod. She walked to the counter, beside the register and sat down, swinging hersef in a circle. She hopped down and was on the other side. Sarisha examined the underside of the counter and pulled a red notebook from one of the shelves. It was a darker red with a silver spiral holding the pages together. The cover, in back permanent marker, read: Inventory Check List. She opened it up and flipped until she saw fresh sheets.

"Here is an inventory list. This will be useful." She said to Lien.

Lien nodded and took the spiral and walked up and down the isles writing down notes and things occasionally, glad to be of some help.

Yuri nodded to him, sliding into the drivers seat, setting his rifle in the passenger. He carefully drove the truck into the garage, the wheels lining up with the tracks on the floor. The truck jolted to a stop as Yuri hit the tip of the tracks. He cut the engine, looking out the window to make sure the tires were lined up. "Dis good?" Yuri asked Mak.

Yuri nodded, grabbing his rifle and hopping out of the truck. His boots slapped against the smooth concrete as he looked at Mak, slinging his rifle onto his back. "What are we, ehm... Doing with da truck?" Yuri said. He wanted to make Ivan your typical stereotype Russian worker; Dim in the head but strong in the bronze...

Yuri's boots hit the smooth concrete, as he turned around, his AK-47 aimed around the room. It was a small, cracked walled room with the ladder, and a vault door. Victor popped down behind Yuri, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Get out the door kickers." Victor said. Yuri laid his gun down, grabbing two sticks of controlled C4 and one block of the stuff. He carefully lined the sticks along the two sides of the door and connected them to the block, then took a step back. "CLEAR!" Yuri yelled, hitting the button down. The edge around the door burst in a grey cloud of cold war era concrete, the metal door slamming against the ground. "They're here, they're here!" Yuri heard, "Everyone, kill the experiments!"

Yuri approached a tool box waiting for Max's response, running his hand along the dusty and grease-stained thing...

Winston stood with a yawn, holding the 417 under the crook of his arm like some distinguished hunter. He took a drag of his cigarette then plucked it from between his lips with two fingers, exhaling a white, wispy cloud of smoke as he walked to the edge of the rooftop and peered around. You'd imagine the town would be more busy than this. In my time up here, I've only seen one infected. Even after those jets, I'm not seeing much shuffling. He yawned again, then knelt at the edge of the roof and gazed down at the street. Seeing nothing, he stood and walked to where the edge of the building met the carport-like roof of the gas filling area. He tossed his rifle up, then with a small 'hup' crawled up himself. As he expected, there was not a lot up here but gravel filling, metal supports and trash thrown up by less than considerate consumers. He picked his rifle up, brushed some dirt away and made his way to the edge nearest the road, sitting cross legged and folding the bipod out. He mounted it on the edge of the roof and leaned forward slightly, scoping in once more and observing the house across the street. A little Victorian style, it seems. Fun enough. A flick of movement caught his eye in the upper story window and he quickly shifted his scope over.

A figure stood there, almost pressed against the glass, watching him. It swayed every so slightly. Winston squinted. It was a woman. An elderly woman at that, though not too old. Perhaps sixty or sixty five. She was slightly overweight and had mottled, curly hair. It was difficult to see her in the darkness, but Winston already assumed the worst. His assumptions were confirmed when she leaned forward and pressed her hands against the window, leaving bloody handprints that dragged down as she let her arms go limp once more. Her eyes were cold and gray with whited out irises - whether this was the infection or if she was blind, Winston did not know, but she seemed to be looking at the gas station. He licked his lips, watching her intently. She simply stood. He simply waited. A minute passed, and he shifted his scope up and over, giving a quick glimpse to the two houses on the other side of Duffy Lane. He didn't take the time to inspect them for more than a few seconds before leaning back and letting his rifle rest. He sat back and tugged a book from his vest pocket, opening it to a bookmark about halfway in. Winston began reading, casually as ever, occasionally licking or chewing the inside of his cheek habitually.

Once again, several jets passed over the city. They weren't chasing anything this time, they seemed to be circling the city. It was the same jets...

Mak smirks at 'Ivan' and pats his shoulder. "Well we are going to work on the Suspension making it so that the truck can have a heavier load and be able to drive off road without a problem. Then we are going to put on some off road tires for better traction and then we will do an overall inspection and finish it off with putting a snowplow blade on the front." He states sighing a little.

At the sound of the jets Mak looks up then looks back at 'Ivan' pulling his goggles over eyes. "Well if we want to get this done soon we better start now." He says grining as he pushes the button to lock the truck in and raise it.

(( Man reading about suspension was fun until I got to the math sleep.gif oh well ))

(( ...sort of already elaborated on the jets going off towards Toronto, seanster. ))

(The jets come in at a later date to some importance, I can elaborate later. Well, you'll see.)

(I gave him permission to aid in a plot twist. Just go with it, for now, please. Also, you can not see the road from the roof of the hardware store/garage. You can see the upper levels of some houses, but nothing below the second story unless you shifted to the Cookes roof. The store is IN FRONT of the garage/hardware store. Perfectly hidden behind it. We are on Hillsbrough road, not Duffy street. Thank you.)

Sarisha hopped back up onto the counter and stood up on it this time. She could almost reach the ceiling with her head, so moving the tile out of the way was simple. Often times, she would see an employee sneak something up there, and decided that she would take a look. Once the tile was moved, she grabbed either side of the wide opening. Sarisha used the register to boost herself up, so that she could see. She saw that there was a box and it had been pushed back Thinking that the metal and wood planks were sturdy enough, Sarisha tried to swing herself up. She swung forward and then on her way back, straightened her arms to try and hoist herself upward. Overcompensating a bit, her hands slipped and she fell back down through the hole. Her feet hit the inward edge of the counter and Sarisha fell backward. Just missing hitting her head off of the corner of the counter, she semi back-flipped into a belly-flop onto the hard tiled floor. 'F*ck.' She thought.

Lien pocked her head from behind an isle and looked at the counter when she heard Sarisha fall. "Are you alright?" She asked and walked over to where she was lying.

Sarisha stood up slowly as Lien approached. "I'm fine." She stated, embarrassed. Standing up caused a bit of blood to come out of her nose, from the fall.

(( ...He's on the roof of the gas station, not the hardware store. And the gas station has very clear view of Duffy Road. :I ))

(Duffy road is nowhere near the Cookes we're at. And oops, sorry about the other one.)

Edited by Quhanta

Lien frowned when she saw a little blood in her nose. "Ah, you have blood on your nose." She said suddenly worried and looked around for a tissue.

Surprised, Sarisha touched her nose. Smearing the blood a bit with her finger, she retracted her hand to see the blood for herself.

"Well, I suppose that is what happens when you fall on your face." She joked a bit, shaking off her embarrassment. When Lien looked for a tissue, Sarisha climbed back up onto the counter and grabbed the sides of the opening.

(( I asked for a specific location, and I never got one. I was told it's probably the Hillsborough Quik Mart Irving.

2995 Main St

Hillsborough, NB E4H 2X9, Canada

You never corrected that, yo. They were heading southbound along the river, and you have to run through Hillsborough to get to where they were headed. ))