Quhanta

Striving For Survival

( I did notice a home depo store down the road too if I am not mistaken)

"Yeah he always said that whenever he did." Smiles then frowns. "I know that's your pa's truck and that your here I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does Sarisha."

Looks at the others thinking about how they may have also lost friends and familys and brushes his hand through his hair.

(It got renovated into a grocery store.)

Sarisha almost dropped the jug. She had been trying to ignore that fact. She needed to be strong and lead herself.

"He went in his sleep." She faked a smile as they pushed the jug into the bed. "He could sleep through a Metallica mosh pit, though." She exhaled quickly from her nose, making a small wind sound. Sarisha looked around. 'Everyone's lost someone. You're not special. you're no different. Suck it up.' She thought to herself.

Yuri sat on the couch, the dim light from a candle gently loominating the room. Sure enough, the groans began. Yuri looked up toward the door, slowly approaching it. He looked through the peep hole and, almost on que, the street was full of the undead, shambling around, searching for the noise. Yuri decided he could grunge the food he could, stay here, and look at the map. He'd make a game plan, then.

( ah but it was there at least xd.png)

Mak sighs shaking his head a little. "Sorry 'bout that curiosity got the best of me there. At least he went the best way possible in this situation." Forces a smile and looks at the others.

"What am I doing just blabbing on and not introducing myself to ya'll. The names Makiya but ya can jus' call me Mak. I used to work here as the mechanic but when....... everything happened I pretty much stayed here to help other survivors passing through the area." He says lifting up his goggles and putting them on his forhead.

Sarisha turned back to Mak. She listened and then smiled. She crossed her arms and leaned up against the truck. It was nice to see Mak, someone of whom she knew.

Yuri packed a duffel bag of what he could find around the house. So far, after about an hour of rummaging around, he collected...

- One can opener

- Six sandwhiches

- Four bottles of water

- A map of the area

- A pair of binouclars

- Two sets of spare clothing

- The keys to a Grey two seater, stick shift Toyota in the front yard

- A rifle cleaning kit

- $4,000 in American Dollars

Lien brushed off her hands after helping Sharisha with the jug. The Vietnamese looked from her to Mak with interest. She knows him then?

(Fine, Canadian dollars.)

Yuri stood sat at the counter as the undead continued to roam, trying to find out who let out the shot. He had a mapped out plan. There was a gas station, most likely salvageable, about three blocks away. He needed gas for the truck, plus some more food anything he could grunge up. He'd seen what these hellish creatures have done in the past. Yuri did not expect anyone else in this town to be alive. Yuri finished mapping out his route, folding up the map and sticking it in his cargo pocket. Due to the closeness of the gas station from this house, Yuri decided to clear the gas station before taking any gas back. Yuri grabbed his rifle and headed into the backyard. It was a small square, with dead grass on dry dirt. Yuri slung the rifle over his back and grabbed the fence, peeking over. The alley way was eerily clear... Yuri hopped over, his feet slamming into the gravel. He dusted his hands off, looking both ways around the street. He began to walk through the alley way, when suddenly he heard a jet fly over head, followed by three more. He stopped to look up, and sure enough he could hear the infected being drawn toward it's location. All the undead in the vicinity began heading down the streets, attempting to somehow catch up with the super sonic jets. After a few moments of walking later, Yuri ducked into a bush across the way from the gas station. He pulled out his binoculars, beginning to scope out the place. This reminds of him of...

Yuri stormed in, raising the AK-47. It was a small, old brick room, big enough for maybe three vans. There were only three men sitting around a guard table. Yuri raised his rifle to the table just as a man looked over and began reaching for his revolver. The gun blasted shots of red light around the room, a loud TICKing noise made for all 20 bullets taht exited his gun. The men and table were ruined. The man with the revolver tipped over his chair and laid dead on the ground, the other man was only hit in the head and slammed face first into the table. The other man was hit multiple times in the chest and curled up on the ground, dying shortly after. Victor approached behind Yuri, patting him on the shoulder. All the men that were previously in the building were gone somewhere, almost disappearing. While Victor began to investigate what happened, Yuri approached the back of the white van and-

Yuri adjusted the binoculars, as some undead shuffled through the street.

(( Hillsborough, correct? SSE of Moncton/Riverview? I see the Quik-Mart, but I don't see a home depot or any hardware store. ))

As the man stepped out, Winston kept his battle rifle aimed towards the ground. He eyed the (apparent) mechanic cautiously, not saying a word. As he and Sarisha began to speak, he lowered his rifle fully and turned, grumbling something or other and walking off near the side of the Quik-Mart, glancing over his shoulder once. It didn't seem that he was antisocial so much as he was tired and didn't want to stand idle. He took position next to the convenience store, gazing out towards the river in the distance.

He quietly tugged up a pack of cigarettes from one of his pockets, then a lighter. As one might expect him to do, he slid out a single smoke from the pack and placed it between his lips, then cupped a hand around the top of the lighter and flicked it on. The flame briefly touched the tobacco-packed end of the rolled paper and it ignited. He extinguished the flame and returned the pack and the lighter back to where they came from. He took a puff and allowed his rifle to lay against his chest, hanging only by its strap.

At the sound of the Springfield, his head quirked up slightly and he stood silent, listening for more gunfire. Distant, Winston thought. Not too close, at least. Wonderful. The necros will head over that way... hopefully. He listened for another shot. Nothing. Nonetheless, he rested a hand on top of his own rifle in quiet preparation, then looked back out to the river. It was at that moment that the all-too familiar drone of jet engines met his ears. He quickly turned his attention upwards just in time to see four F/A-18 Super Hornets fly directly overhead. He smirked slightly. Apparently, somewhere up the ladder, central command was still functioning.

He checked his compass, then looked at the now-distant planes. Toronto, it seemed, was where they were heading (or somewhere in that general vicinity). Firebombing, most likely. Now, unfortunately, those engines had been loud. He rested a hand on his 92FS, making his way around to the back of the building. He peeked around the corner and, seeing nothing, quietly slipped around and stood still.

The sound was loud enough to make any semblance of direction difficult to obtain, but no doubt it would've disturbed any infected in the immediate area. It simply meant more activity, though not so much a horde approaching. Not good either way.

He leaned back on the wall, now on the other side of the gas station and out of sight from the main group. He stared at the river in the distance, cigarette hanging loosely between his lips.

Edited by Arctic

"Locals..." muttered Yuri. It was Canada, he figured they would be friendly. Using his... "Russian charm", yuri crawled out of the bush, holding his sprinfield tightly, the barrel pointed down. He stopped the street, waiting for the man to notice him. "I'm not infected!" he called out.

(They were built more recently. They are there.)

Sarisha muttered a thanks to Lien. After the plane passed overhead, Winston had gone around back. 'That's going to attract some zombies.' She thought. At the sound of a voice from behind, Sarisha reached down into her holster and quickly drew her pistol. Turning on her heal, she faced the truck. Sarisha slid along the side of the truck and carefully looked, over the hood of the truck, to see who was there. The manly voice had a Russian sounding accent. 'The man with the Springfield.' She thought, seeing the gun in his hands.

Mak frowned and looked up at the sky at the sound of the jets. "That doesn't seem good, wonder what their up to?" Shrugs remembering he has a spent cig still between his lips and pulls it out looking at it between his fingers.

"Ya know this has me thinkin' I wonder how good them zombies fry? Proabably could whip up a few good cocktails and try them out sometime." Smirks and snuffs out the cig with his boot then looks over toward the voice. "Howdy stanger."

"Hello..." Yuri raised the rifle into the air with one hand, by the trigger mechanism, finger off the trigger. "I mean no harm... I am here for gas and shelter, I will not take up much space." Yuri said. The man, over all, looked like a simple straight-forward guy. Except the accent of course...

(So instead of being chased by rotting, undead corpses, we'll be chased by rotting, undead corpses that are on fire... Bring it on. lol smile.gif )

Sarisha lowered her gun and stepped away from the truck. Keeping her gun in hand, she walked over to the back of the truck and climbed in.

"Josh, could you please hand me that backpack." She asked him, her accent prominent. Sarisha pointed to a medium sized, brown, backpack that was in between him and The Major.

((That would be awesome. xd.png))

Lien kept a good eye on the stranger, funny how she was meeting all these people but could hardly remember their names. She was always really bad a that.

Yuri slowly lowered the Springfield in his arms, looking up and down the street. "I am looking for gas. I have money for trade, not stolen. Can you supply?" Yuri asked the group of people, to one in particular, keeping his distance from the group.

"Kak tebe imya?" Sarisha called to the new stranger. She had identified his accent as Russian, and she responded in accord. Still waiting for her backpack to be handed to her, she shifted her weight to her left side.

(Yeah Molotov cocktails anyone? xd.png)

Mak looks at the sother survivor and smiles. "Well you can take any supplies need from the store here. That goes for everyone else here as well and there is no need to trade we have to help eachother in these hard times. Also if anyone has some glass bottles I'll start cooking up some new weapons for everyone." Grins a little evily.

Josh got up in the bed of the truck and reached for her bag, he handed it to her and lay back down. Ignoring what was happening, he might get up once they actually get somewhere.

(We are at a convenience store. We're most likely going to be staying there for the night. Please read this page, at least.)

Sarisha accepted her back pack and thanked him. She swung it onto her shoulder and hopped off the truck bed.

Edited by Quhanta

Josh suddenly realised everyone was getting off, he jumped up and got of the truck slowly. He dropped down to the ground and leant against the truck, staring at the others.

After a minute or so, Winston flicked the cigarette to the ground. He placed his right foot, clad in a black cleanly-laced boot, down on it and twisted his heel to extinguish the flames. He dusted his hands together idly, then looked around. His eyes settled on the hardware store behind (and presumably slightly down the hill from) the convenience store, then flickered over to the maintenance ladder that ran up to the roof of the gas station. It was, of course, locked closed.

Winston stepped over, shifting his battle rifle so it was held in his hands. He made a quick check to make sure the scope's dust covers were seated properly and that the weapon was still on safe - it was. He took the padlock in his hands and examined it quietly. It was coated in rust and clearly hadn't been tended to in quite some time. It didn't particularly matter. The padlocks were built to last, but a little force in the right place could make a difference.

He smoothly shifted the butt of the rifle up against the padlock, angling it down. He made a couple practice jabs at it (not quite hitting it either time), then thrust the rifle down and hit the top of the lock dead on. With a 'snap', the metal bar broke and the lock fell to the ground in two pieces. Winston quickly moved one hand down to catch the ladder as it fell, then gently lowered it to the ground and made his way up quickly. Once atop, he sat back on an air conditioning unit, raising his rifle and uncapping the scope.

He adjusted his right eye so it was level with the magnifying piece of hardware, gazing through the glass lens as he shifted the rifle across nearby rooftops, buildings, churches, apartments - the town was certainly small and well forested. There wasn't much to see and, as a result, it was unlikely there was anyone looking to start trouble. Still, Winston was in a position to be able to roll off to the side and in to cover if someone chose to fire at him. He likely wouldn't have be visible to anyone on the ground below unless they were either on the other side of the street or at the far end of the parking lot.

(They are both on the same level ground, but about a foot away from the far end, there's a 40 foot drop into a small but deep pond. There are also no apartment buildings, but that's okay.)

Yuri slowly entered the gas station, looking around. He began to poke around the trucker section, where all your tools and such would be. He found a wooden tire beater, giving it a few swings. It was similar to a baton, but meant for checking the air in your tires. "Good a weapon as any..." Yuri breathed, tying the tire beater to his hip. He also grabbed a canteen, filling it with some water from a water bottle. He grabbed some wires, and zip ties as well, along with a good 50 feet of thick nylon string. Taking a break, Yuri sat at one of the tables, laying his rifle against the seat. He rested his hands on the table, mostly keeping out of people's way. It looked like he was in some pretty deep thought..