Quhanta

Striving For Survival

Sarisha followed Yuri into the Cookes. She walked around to the back freezers and grabbed a few bottles of water as he was filling his canteen.

"Kak tebe imya?" she spoke directly to him. (It's Russian for What is your name.) Sarisha shoved the water into her back pack, not breaking eye contact.

(Applogies, I was going to take Russian my Sophmore year (still a Freshy) but decided on German instead. Still ahven't even taken that calss yet either xd.png)

He looked up at her. "Uhhh, Ivan Cherno..." Yuri said, sounding MOSTLY truthful. He moved his rifle from the bench across the other side of the table. "Take a seat if you'd like."

Sarisha nodded and sat down across from him. She grinned a bit.

"Alright. I will believe that is your name." Sarisha didn't recognize him at all, so he must have come from far away like mostly everyone else in their brigade.

"Are you staying with us, or venturing off?"

In an instant, a woven lie zoomed through Yuri's head. "I need a manifesto of the residence in this town. So, if we're going to the town hall, I will be glad to stick around." Yuri grinned happily, he was proud of his lie.

"The closest thing to a town hall would be the Kawanas Center." Sarisha stated in her British accent. "I could take you there tomorrow morning. It's not far, but it would be infested. So the wise act would be not to take everyone." Sarisha sat up straight and holstered her pistol.

"Thank you for your kindness." Yuri said, nodding and laying his hands on the table. He glanced out the window, then back to her. "So you obviously are a local... I am looking for someone. An... Old friend, of mine."

"I know everyone. So does Mak." Sarisha noted that he may be a drug dealer. So far he was calm and non-violent, therefore she would help him until she felt threatened.

Now, this is where things got strange for her. Yuri pulled out the photograph of an old, wrinkly man with large glasses and thinning white hair with a crazed look about it. "Doctor Eirnhart. Do you know him?"

Sarisha recognized him immediately. Her eyes grew wide. "What do you want with that crazy old man?" She tried to keep her voice steady. Subconseously, her right hand had grabbed her pistol and held it tightly, trigger finger along the barrel.

Yuri raised an eyebrow. "He's an old friend of my father. They served in the same army, together... I have something I must give him." he laid his hands on the table, making it look like he was showing he was unarmed. In reality, he was preparing for her to draw the pistol so he could snatch it from her.

Sarisha sighed."I can take you to him after the Kawanas Center. He lives closer to there than here." She released the pistol and put both her hands on the table. She stared directly into his eyes as she spoke.

"Ne yebut so mnoy."

(Russian for Don't f*ck with me.)

With an equally cold stare, Yuri said in a much more threatening voice. "The same goes for you, little girl..."

(Little girl? Aw hell no! lol)

Sarisha grinned wickedly. "Little girl? I can take care of myself." She stood up and grabbed some food off of the shelf behind her. Her back was facing him.

"You never did say if you were joining us or not."

"Once we find him we will see about my allegience." Yuri said in a cold voice, laying a hand on his rifle casually.

Sarisha turned to face him, and threw him a can of Salt and Vinegar Pringles. "If I were you, I wouldn't mention Dr. Eirnhrt to anyone. It might not bode so well that you came here to see a crazy old man." She pulled her back pack up over one shoulder.

Yuri chuckled, shaking his head as she walked away, muttering something as he brushed the can aside. He laid the rifle on the table, staring at it's fine wooden grooves...

Yuri ripped the back of the white van open to reveal something horrid. The whole car smelt of iron, and some sort of sickish sweet mixture of gore and cologne. A large blood puddle lay on the floor of the van, and four chains lay on the floorboard, connected to the walls. "What the hell..." Yuri muttered, as Victor called him over. Victor pushed a box aside, revealing a long latter without lights. "After you." Yuri said, but Victor only gave him "the look". Yuri sighed and began to go down...

Yuri traced his finger along the grooves, bringing back old memories...

Mak walks inside the store after the two and go grabs a beer and two sodas and walks to thier table. As he walks up to the table lifting his eyebrow at the two conversing in front of him. "I brought drinks for you guys and please no killing eachother in here. There are already too many dead people as it is."

Mak sets the two sodas on the table then turns to Sarisha. "Hey do you mind if I have the keys to the truck, so I can drive here around back and upgrade her a bit."

Sarisha turned to Mak. "Winston wouldn't led me drive. He'd have them and I think he went around back." She smiled.

Mak sighs shaking his head. "Great..... Well guess I got to go fine him then." Starts walking to the door then stops and truns around. "Oh umm who is Winston? I never got the rest of their names."

((Goodness that was fun to read. xd.png))

Lien watched the dispute between the two with interest riddling her eyes, and she had stopped understanding what the two of them were saying halfway through the conversation.

Sarisha turned to face Mak again. "He's the army man who's not in the back of the truck." She wasn't sure how to describe him otherwise.

Mak nods at Sarisha. "Thanks Sarisha will let you know when the upgrades are done." He says walking outside and heads to the back seeing no one there. Mak looks around then notices the lock on the ladder was busted and looks up the ladder cupping his hands around his mouth yelling. "Hey is somebody up there that goes by the name Winston?"

After surveying the nearby buildings, Winston sighed simply laid his rifle across his lap. He reached in to one of the pockets on his vest, drawing out his pack of cigarettes again and his lighter. As casually as before, he placed the paper-wrapped tobacco between his lips and sparked the packed end, inhaling deeply and slowly exhaling through his nose. He replaced the cigarettes and lighter in to his pockets.

"Hey, is somebody up there that goes by the name Winston?" The shout came from below. At the shout, the soldier grimaced and scowled, standing up and resting a hand on top of his rifle. He calmly walked to the edge of the rooftop and squatted down, peering over the edge down at the mechanic with a none-too-happy expression.

"Yeah, and I'd appreciate you not shouting, brother," he replied in a firm though quiet voice. "You're ringing the dinner bell otherwise. They're already frenzied from the jets, I'd imagine, yeah?" He took the cigarette between two fingers, inhaled, withdrew it from his lips and exhaled, a cloud of smoke dissipating in the clear Canadian air. "Winston Arctur at your service. What can I do for you?"

Edited by Arctic

Mak frowns at the soldier but nods at the logic. "Yeah sorry about that I can understand the concern though. Anyways do you have the keys to the truck you guy arrived in?" He says scratching underneath his goggles. "I kinda need them so I can make it easier to travel through the zombies."

"I left 'em in the ignition." Winston replied simply, resting his forearms on his knees. "Anything else?"