Quhanta

Striving For Survival

Lien scurried around the shop looking for a tissue. She ended up finding a box in the bathroom and she took the box and walked out of the bathroom and back to the counter. Sarisha was standing on the counter trying to get into a hole in the ceiling. "Um....What are you doing?"

Edited by KyokoYei2

(Okay. Fine. Whatever, you can apparently see through houses and trees.

I'm not on the roof. There are wooden ceiling tiles and there is a space between there and the roof big enough for people to fit in. tongue.gif She's standing on the counter next to the register.)

Sarisha heard Lien behind her.

"I'm trying to climb up here. There's a box of something and it could be a decent place to hide if the zombies break in." She sat down on the counter, facing Lien. More blood was coming out of her nose. She seemed to not notice it.

Edited by Quhanta

((Psh. I meant that. Edited))

"Ah, I see." She said and shoved a tissue into her nose to stop the bleeding. "What if we get trapped inside? Then what?" She asked curiously and handed the box to her.

Sarisha backed up a bit, in surprise, as Lien shoved a tissue into Sarisha's nose. She accepted the box with a nod.

"Thank you. I hoped that the contents of the box would be interesting." Sarisha replaced the tissue in her nose with a fresh one, and threw out the old one. There was a small, purple garbage can on the floor behind the register.

"Suspension, da?" Yuri said. Let's make Ivan a mechanic... Yuri thought in his mind. "I know lots about auto world. I can help with truck, no problem." Yuri said in his dumb-guy voice. He played an ignorant man very well... All he had to do was imitate the image of his father. Yuri then opened up the large red tool box, search for tools and possible papers as to where the parts for this certain truck is located.

(I am TOTALLY at a loss of how to change the suspension on a truck, but Yuri would know basic mechanics obviously. Baby-step me if you can.)

(( yeah you are not the only one I have the basic idea though at least. biggrin.gif Problem right now is that it is 4:30 A.M. here and I am wroking on about 5% brain power so there maybe some mistakes.))

Mak nod at 'Ivan'. "Great well first thing is first we have to remove the springs and shock absorbers from the linkages to the truck then install a heavier spring, new shock absorbers with limiting straps to make sure the linkages and shock absorbers don't get damaged when going offroad." He says grabbing a wrench and heading underneath the truck to start working on it.

Yuri began searching the garage for the parts needed, and making a list of anything missing.

"Are you cold?" Sarisha asked, observing Lien's shudder. Her nose was finally starting to hurt, but she tried to ignore it. She changed her tissue again. The bleeding had all but stopped.

Sarisha stared at the 19 year old for a minute. She half-smiled at Lien and then went back to her neutral face.

"I'm going to get that box." Sarisha said ambitiously.

"Then I will help." She said with a smile growing on her face. She put her hands on her hips determinedly, ready to do something else if she was shot down.

"Alright." Sarisha accepted Lien's assistance. She stood up on the counter again. "If you stand up here with me and grab the edges of the hole, I can lift you up."

Sarisha shifted in front of her. She bent over, to the left of Lien and grabbed around her knees. Bending her own knees, she used that leverage to hoist Lien upward so that her thighs were even with the side of Sarisha's face.

Yuri worked the hyrdolics system in the garage, the car being lifted about three or so feet, enough for one of them to get under it. "Alright, we have most parts in garage, but there is one thing missing..." Yuri said, looking at his clipboard of parts.

Yuri looked to the clipboard, rubbing his chin. "Shock pads... I think you can find them at local store... Ehm... Wal-Mart?" Yuri said, again in his dumb-attitude. Of course he knew what a Wal-Mart was! Really though, any local auto shop or car mechanic, or even a car-junkie, would have shock pads. If they were skilled enough, they could also loot a local car with some quick automan ship.

Lien wobbled a little but took firm hold of the ceiling and pulled herself up so that her head was sticking inside the hole. Once she was there she started getting inside and finally brought her legs all the way inside. "This box?" She said and pushed the box that Sarisha was trying to get.

Sarisha secured Lien as she climbed inside.

"Yes, that one." Sarisha called. She positioned herself so that the box could be handed down to her. She would quickly place it and then help Lien down.

The jets made a lower pass this time, actually slightly shaking the building with the roar of their jets before flying off. Yuri was now concerned, but tried not to show it much.

Mak looks at 'Ivan' frowning then look at the ceiling when the jets pass again. "Government's up to something I know it." He says more to himself then to 'Ivan'. "We gotta get that part though. Hmmm going to a store though would be too risky." Mak stands there and thinks for a little bit while puting an until cigarette between his lips to help him think.

"Ah got it! If we go an' find another truck like this one it should hav good shock pads. That or we go check out the hardware store that's just behind the garage here." Mak states going back into thought.

"That is not bad idea..." Yuri said, rubbing his chin and staring at the floor briefly. "If you give me minute I can temporarily active light system in building, den one or two people can run in and grab shock pads for truck. I can provide cover from rooftop." Yuri said, still looking at the floor. censorkip.gif, I think I was just a bit too smart Yuri thought, not showing any sort of breakage on his face, though he felt it. He never was much of a good actor- Just a good shot.

Lien nodded and gently passed down the box. "I wonder what is supposed to be in it." She mused and watched Sarisha take the box. She leaned down and looked out the window as the jets passed, worry growing on her face.

Sarisha set the box down on the counter and helped Lien get down from the ceiling. The jets passed and Sarisha felt anxiety well up in her chest.

"The people who worked here used to put things in it all the time after the store was closed." Sarisha hopped down from the counter and then extended a hand to Lien, in case she wanted aid on getting down from the counter as well.