Quhanta

Striving For Survival

"Oh god, my head..." Yuri groaned, his face planted straight down in a red soaked carpet. He stayed still for a moment, letting his vision clear. Finally, when it did, he was looking straight in a cracked mirror. He saw his reflection, not too surprised by the state he was in. He had a gash above his left eyebrow and his clothes were covered in dirt and blood. Typical client, always trying to get away with something for free and kick Yuri's ass for it. Yuri stood up slowly, pressing his hand to the ground. He got about half way before letting out a loud groan, and muttering a few cuss words in Russian. His ribs hurt like hell. He stood fully up, laying one hand on his rib cage. He observed his surroundings. he was in a small square bedroom. The window had purple shades closed, the bed had been flipped over and folded, the mirror was next to the door, and the door was a jar. No posters, no other furniture, not even a closet. He flipped the bed over, sitting down on it, taking a moment to find him self again.

(gonna revive this RP a bit)

Lianna walked along the sidewalk, stepping as silently as she could, her largest knife held aloft. She was still using her house as shelter, the windows boarded up and a heavy-duty deadbolt locking it. She carried 2 keys: 1 for the house, another to get into the stock room of the convenience store she worked at. She'd mostly emptied her backpack except for weapons and her flashlight. This trip to the stock room was for those gallon bottles of water.

When she reached the store, she stepped through the glass-less door and ducked under the handle. A couple walkers headed for her, but she quickly stabbed each in the head, returning them to the dead for good. She went up to a door, the "EMPLOYEES ONLY" sign barely legible anymore. She got her key out, unlocked the door, and opened it slightly, looking through for zombies. None. After all, they couldn't use keys. Once inside, she closed and locked the door behind her. Shelves and shelves of food and supplies filled the large room. Walking past the alcohol shelves, she came across the gallon water bottles. She put one in her backpack, then, leaving it there, searched for other foods that were still good. She grabbed a couple lighters, too, as her current one was running a bit low. She took a few soup cans back to the backpack and stuffed them in. She zipped it up with some difficulty, heaved the backpack on, picked her knife back up that she'd set down to load the pack, and headed back out the door, double-checking that it was locked. Suddenly, she heard the sound of someone browsing what little was left on the store shelves. She snuck around to the shelf, ready for a zombie, but instead a survivor, seeing Lianna's knife before seeing her, bolted from the store. "whoops", said Lianna quietly.

Edited by missHPfan2

(I'm just going to remind you that you do need to go on Google maps to see where you actually are in Hillsborough. If you're in a house and the convenience store, you have to be in Hillsborough.)

(You didn't mention a state and I can't use Google Maps on a DSi. I rarely have access to a computer. I'm on one now but don't know what state this takes place in.)

(There are no states in Canada. They are called provinces. We are in New Brunswick, Canada. Moncton is the town. Hillsborough is the village that we're in right now.)

(Oh, ok. Derp. There was no mention of Canada anywhere. I just got a 3DS, but its only advantage over the DSi's browser is that it's faster and has slightly more memory. Still can't do Google Maps. I need to find a library or find out if the one near my real house has been rebuilt yet. I'll have the info tomorrow on that, and if it's still under construction I'll need a bit of help finding out if there's even a convenience store in Hillsborogh.)

((I am quite intrigued by this RP. Got a quick summary for me to read up on covering the most recent events with the chars? Locations and such?))

(Those who are not in a truck on their way toward Hillsbrough, are already there. F**k it, we're there.)

Sarisha spotted the school and noticed that her mind had wondered. They were in Hillsbrough now. The familiar route was pleasant, but she only said something when they neared the gas station, Cooks.

"Turn in here. Barely anyone is here during the day anyway, so we should be okay to gas up." She noticed that the lights inside still worked, so the pumps might as well. Sarisha waited for replies and sat up straight in her middle seat.

Edited by Quhanta

Mak sighs blowing out the cigarette smoke leaning agenst a wall inside the gas station he has been living in since the begining of the zombie rise. Thinking about the times before people started becoming undead.

"Wonder if everyone back in the states is ok or not?" He says to himself. Mak then hears the motor of a vehical coming down the road making him smirk. "Seems like another person is passing through, might as well help them get any supplies they may need." He turns and bends down picking up his shotgun, then he pulls down his welding goggles to cover his eyes and heads to the door of the gas station.

(( I'm not entirely sure where the gas station is on the map. ))

As they entered Hillsborough, Winston slowed the truck slightly. He had been rather quiet in the past chunk of time, focusing more on driving than speaking to the (mostly underage) people surrounding him. As Sarisha pointed out the gas station, Winston took a look at the tank. It wasn't empty, but if the power was on there was a good -- well, okay chance that they might be able to siphon something from it.

The soldier slowed the truck, gazing around for any of the unfortunate infected. He drove in to the lot and parked next to the pumps, then very casually opened the door and stepped out, gathering his rifle from the dashboard. He held it idly. "Alright. Fill it up, I'll keep a lookout." He gave a nod to Sarisha, surveying the station quietly, checking the boarded up windows from a distance in an attempt to catch any sign of movement from inside.

( I think it is the Quik Mart Irving on the map)

Mak gets to the door but decides to take a quick look outside through one of the barred windows to see the newcomers. ~Hmmm about three youngsters and two military men. More people then normal at least, I can't really tell who is leading though. Wouldn't be shocked if the two soldiers duke it out at some point of time over leadership.~ He thinks chuckling a little heading to the door and removing the planks in front of it and undoing the locks.

Lien stretched out and looked around. "Are we going to spend the night here?" She asked curiously and took a few steps from the car.

Winston whistled sharply, shouldering his rifle. He half-raised the weapon (in preparation, not in threat) towards the door of the convenience store. "Movement, inside. Somebody's coming out," he called.

Edited by Arctic

Mak removes the last lock and opens the door quickly putting his shotgun on his shoulder looking at everyone through his goggles noting one of the soldiers readying his weapon.

"Howdy, how's everyone on this fine day? Need help with anything?" He asks tilting his head slightly.

Yuri shook his head, looking toward the half open door. He grabbed his rifle, making sure there wasn't a round in the chamber. He held it by the trigger mechanism, casually, his finger off the trigger. Yuri slowly opened the door, revealing a boring living room with a door to the outside and a small kitchen. The couch was flipped over, and something seemed to be gurgling on the other side. Yuri slowly approached the couch, seeing a blood trail going across the floor and even on the kitchen counter. Yuri peered over the couch, seeing a rather old woman in a sundress splattered in blood hunched over a large, fat man of equal age. She seemed to be ripping his throat open, eating the flesh with a gut-wrenching gurgly snap. Yuri slowly approached the woman, laying a hand on her shoulder. "Ma'am?" he asked in his deep Russian voice. The woman snapped her jaws back, barely missing Yuri's finger. Yuri tumbled on his back, the springfield sliding into the kitchen. The woman slowly rose, shuffling around the couch toward Yuri. Yuri began to back away as the woman approached, but she seemed to be hobbling at a good pace. As she got close, Yuri turned on his hip, preparing his leg. He then flipped his hip to the other side, his leg sliding across the ground and cracking against her ankle. She slammed face first to the floor with a crunch, making a high pitched demonic scream and clawing at the carpet, toward Yuri. Yuri quickly stood up, jumping over the old woman's still moving body to the kitchen. Yuri grabbed his tactical backpack from the counter, throwing it over his back and attatching the strap across his chest. He also grabbed a kitchen knife, sliding the sheath on it and sticking it in his belt. Yuri racked a round into the springfield, looking at the old woman. Yuri had seen these things before...

(Shadowwolflegend, since your character's been in the town a long time, you should know who my character is by name. She's a local and it's a small town.)

Sarisha got out of the truck quickly and checked the pump. It seemed to be working fine, except it was coming out a bit slower than usual. She topped off the tank and then walked to the bed of the truck. Sarisha stood on the tire and grabbed an orange gas jug and started filling it. When came out of the store and spoke, she wasn't surprised that it was Mak's voice she heard. 'Tough as nails.' She smirked at the gas jug. When the jug was full, she realized that it weighed close to her weight and she couldn't actually lift it back into the truck. The sides were too tall and she couldn't haul the jug over her head. 'D*mmit.' She thought.

"You demons are back..." Yuri breathed out. He remembered these creatures through his time in the Russian army...

It was December. A cold, snowey night in Stalingrad. Yuri was 20, at the time. He was wearing all white camo armor and was on the roof with his partner, Victor. It was night out, they were scoping out a building said to be housing some sort of "Enemy of the country". Yuri figured it was just some over excentric gangsters, he'd seen the type before. Yuri spotted a black van entereing the building, the large metal shutters concealing it just as two men opened the back doors. Yuri confirmed the face of a known suspect. Reason enough for an assault. Yuri and Victor approached the door of the garage, armed with two AK-47s, silenced. Victor kicked the door open and Yuri charged in...

Brought back from his flashback, Yuri looked down to see the old woman grabbing his ankle. He raised the rifle to her head, no emotion on his face. Demons did not deserve mercy. The Springfield, loud as it was, echoed through the village.

Sarisha heard a sudden loud noise. Recognizing it immediately as the shot of a Springfield. Whoever it was, he or she had a really nice gun.

Yuri slapped on a black baseball hat, searching the house. He grabbed a map of the town and a drained iPad. He grabbed a bottle of water and a wrapped up sanewhich, along with a bandolier of about one hundred Springfield rounds. Yuri sat on the couch in the small house, adjusted to the smell of gore. The curtains were closed. Yuri had a moment to rest and plan.

"Um, would you like some help?" Lien asked Sarisha, but jumped a few inches at the sound of a gunshot. Was it really that quiet now? But at least they weren't over where that person was, a horde might head over there to investigate the sound.

Mak narrowed his eyes seeing someone that looks familiar. "Sarisha is that you?" He asks taking a step forward lowering his gun. Then the shot sounded out. "Hmmmm seems there is another survivor in town." Looks at the group in front of him.

"Well we'll worry about that a little later. I bet ya'll probably need rest the station here is a pretty safe place not the greatest hotel out there but it works. Also if you want I can upgrade your truck a bit. Be easier to get though them zombies with some attatchments, huh." Grins pointing his thumb behind him at the station.

(THANK YOU! Right behind the Quick Mart is a mini hardware store. Good eye on the map, my friend. P.S. John and Maranda are Sarisha's parents.)

Sarisha was about to accept Lien's help with the jug when she heard Mak call out her name. She stood up with a smile on her face, for once, and turned to face him. "Yeah, that'd be great. John never did get it tuned up by anyone else." She stated simply in reply. She turned back to face Lien, smile gone, and accepted her help putting the jug back into the bed of the truck.