Quhanta

Striving For Survival

Lien took Sarisha's hand and gently hopped off the counter, brushing off her clothes and looked at the box, gently prying off the lid. "So there would be something useful in here then."

"Well, I'd hope so." Sarisha said, touching the side of her nose gently. She approached the box as Lien opened it. The contents of the box were relatively similar to what you would find under a teenage boy's bed. There were a few magazines, about fifty cherry bombs, twelve strings of firecrackers, a few cans of black spray paint, some stolen hard liquor from behind the counter, and some bootlegged Red Number Seven King Sized. (The smokes my dad always gets. I am not a smoker, I promise!) Sarisha stared at the box of stashed 'goodies' and thought of the usefulness of the items. Of course, all of the items, save for the magazines, already existed in the store.

"Well then..." She muttered.

((I'm worried at what a teenage boy would have. xd.png))

"That is...interesting." She mumbled and poked at a few of the cherry bombs as if they'd go off in her hand.

(Yeah, maybe a little bit. tongue.gif )

"At least this stuff could be useful." Sarisha put out there, grabbing a can of black spray paint. "We could use this to cover the glass doors and windows. That way, we could have lights in here at night without attracting attention."

(( oh just read my last post the cig is unlit idk why I wrote until xd.png aslo it feels odd that sarge hasen't appeared at all recently))

Mak looks at 'Ivan' lifting and eyebrow at him. "That's a good plan." He states eyeing 'Ivan' now. "You said you were a military man right?" Mak asks still eyeing him. "Cause if not that was a great tatical plan from a hard worker and not everyone can use a springfield like that one in this period of time unless ether you were in the war. Which obviously you wern't or you were trained to use one." He says smirking a little.

Sarisha nodded in agreement and then uncapped the can of spray paint that she was holding. She moved to the glass doors as she shook the can violently. Applying two coats to one door, the blackness intensified to an impenetrable blackness. No light would get through that glass now.

Yuri stared at him for a moment, then sighed, lowering his head. "I am about to explain to you classified information, classified by the KGB, CIA, FBI, and the SAS." Yuri's voice was now much more clear. "I am Staff Sergeant Yuri Petrovich of the Russian Army and an Agent of KGB- Yes, we still exist. One year ago, I raided a warehouse and found traces of a disease that reanimated corpses, but with slight flaws... I tracked down the virus, but unfortunately my comrade was killed in the last chance to stop a full spread of the virus... I have come here to track down the last known scientist that worked on the project. I need the help of the locals, such as your self, to help me find and, if I must, eliminate him." There was a silence as Yuri stared at the man, putting his hands behind his back. Yuri rested his hand on his hidden Markov pistol, in case the man became hostile toward Yuri.

(Made a new character, check his character sheet out on the first page.)

Charlie shuffled across the empty street to the gas station. His hair was messy, his muscles ached, and his stomach growled violently. His eyes were sunken in, but he pressed on. He made it to the gas station parking lot before he felt a surge of pain go up his legs. He collapsed on his knees, his stomach burning with hunger. Charlie grabbed the asphalt, a drumstick in both hands. He crawled about a foot, before collapsing on the ground. He groaned like the undead, but it was out of hunger and agony- Not the groan of a dead man walking.

Sarisha nodded at Lien. When she looked at the unsprayed portion of the other door, she saw a teenage boy crawling along the ground. She opened the door and walked over to him, remaining out of arms reach.

"Speak or be killed." She announced coldly.

He looked up, his head slightly shaking as it was difficult to move at all. "Food..." He said in a thick Scottish accent (sounds like wheatly from Portal 2, if that helps) he said. He tried to get on his knees, but his elbow gave out midway through and he collapsed back on the ground.

Lien had gone around outside to spray paint, and stopped to watch Sarisha and a another boy. She walked over to them worried and looked at her wondering what to do.

Sarisha heard the boy speak and immediately began to assist him.

"Lien! He's alive." She called as she hosted the boy to his feat and then hauled him toward the store, bridal style.

Winston remained seated on the roof of the filling area, rifling through his book. He tensed as he heard a groan, resting a hand on his Beretta and waiting. Some seconds passed before he heard a commotion below. Not bothering to check it out, he went back to reading, figuring that the girls below had everything under some amount of control.

(( You can see the houses I was talking about from the gas station on Google maps. You'd definitely be able to see them from the gas station roof. ))

Lien scrambled and opened the door for her and letting them in before taking some water and a little bit of food and running back over to them.

He was on the verge of consciousness, his eyes flickering open and closed.

Sarisha lay him on the counter, face up. She held open his mouth and suspended his head so that Lien could feed him.

Lien unscrewed the lid of the water bottle and gently poured it. "I wonder what happened? He looks horrible." She mumbled to her self and put the lid on the water back on and began to give him some food.

He coughed up some water, breathing heavily. He just laid there for a moment, breathing. He pushed the food away for now, having some strength back but not much. "Gimme a sec..." he said, still breathing heavily. "I'm light headed... I got h... Hit in the head by a door earlier..."

Sarisha backed away from him when he spit up water and told them to wait. She grabbed his arms and started examining him for bites and scratches.

He had a few bruises on his ankles and one on his shoulder, but nothing along the lines of bites or scratches.

Sarisha saw no bites or scratches. She released him and walked over to her dropped spray paint can. He was in the capable hands of Lien, so she would resume covering the glass doors and windows with black paint. For the meantime, she propped oped the already painted door with a crate to air out the store.

Lien took a rag that she had in her bag and dipped it into water and started washing him up. She hummed to herself as she was working and coughed slightly at the smell of paint. She had finally finished after a few minutes. "There, all clean now." She mused to herself in her thick accent and sat sat down on the counter next to the boy.

He still laid on the counter, staring up at the ceiling, his hand on his stomach and his legs stretched out. He breathed slowly, clenching his teeth. "The room's spinnin'..." he said. He glanced around briefly, then looked over to her. "Does this gas station have any basic medicine? And can I have some more of that water, please..."