StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Voodoo sighed from her place on the fence that bordered her garden. The black she-cat leaped off her perch, staggering slightly from her lack of full balance, and scanned her surroundings. This place is unbearably dull. Voodoo thought with disdain. Her acidic gaze flitted around the area once more before she continued down the path towards ThunderClan Territory. She padded through Tallpines and sucked in a soft breath before moving onward. Voodoo knew she need to be quieter now so she wouldn't draw too much attention to herself. Scenting the area, she located a blackbird trying to peck a worm from the earth. Although not her preferance, Voodoo slowly stalked towards it. The blackbird spotted her at the last moment. It let out a strangled caw as Voodoo launched herself at the bird, crushing it to the ground. With a swift bite to the back of its neck, she took its life and began to eat her fill.

Moonpaw sniffed the air for signs of prey. There was a mouse nearby. She crouched down into her hunter's crouch and inched forward slowly. She gathered all her strength into her haunches and leapt. The mouse squeaked loudly but was soon hanging limply in her jaws. She put the mouse down and scratched some earth over it. She kept walking through the forest, breathing in the fresh morning air. Suddenly, she caught a whiff of a strange scent. she opened her jaws to let it in, and a strong scent of cat hit her. It wasn;t from any of the clans, so it must have been a rogue or loner. Moonpaw was worried. Did this mean the rogue was stealing prey, too? She wanted to follow the scent and track down the thief, but she wasn't strong enough to fight back if the rogue attacked. She looked around and realized she was at Fourtrees. she made a mental note to come back here with Sunpaw and left.

-------------------------------------

Spirit was out hunting. She had to be extremely careful or the "Clan cats" who lived here would catch her and probably eat her. She crouched down as low as she would go and tried to imitate the way the Clan cats hunted. She saw a mouse scratching at something in the ground and swiftly caught it. She held it in her jaws and walked back to her den. A bush rustled in the distance. She crouched down again and snuck foward. It seemed like a whole group of Clan cats were hunting. She rolled her eyes. They were making so much noise, it was a wonder she didn't hear them sooner. She tried to make as little noise as possible while slowly backing away, but her pelt brushed against a clump of bracken and the group immediately swiveled their heads to look at her. "Mouse dung!" she cursed under her breath.

Edited by Techno_Elf

[[EH? I thought Spiritpaw wasn't approved yet!? Also, for Spirit...is it a flashback?]]

Sunpaw bounded into the forest, going into hunting position. Eyes darting around, Sunpaw's amber eyes caught hold of a-

“Hey, is that a Moorhen?” He hissed to Mountainmist, eyeing a medium sized bird that was pecking around some roots. “Last of the season. I call.” Sunpaw stalked closer, picking up the pace. From what he had learned, Moorhens are weak flyers but fast runners. It won’t be a problem with his speed. Sunpaw reached just a feet behind the Moorhen, however, he slipped on a stick that was covered by the snow. “AHH!” Sunpaw fell face down in the snow. The Moorhen, alarmed, spun around and kicked up snow as it fled.

((Wait...WHAT? I thought she was approved! Soiled said so! So confused... ARGH. Also, no, it isn't a flashback. I'm starting from when she was discovered.))

Fluffy saw Voodoo go into the woods. She narrowed her eyes and decided to follow, keeping very quiet. Then she stopped as she saw Voodoo kill the blackbird.

"Nice kill..." Fluffy said, stepping out of her hiding place. She thought this would be a good time to do some making-friends with her neighbors. They all know each other, and quite well, too, but weren't really friends or anything like that.

Slash was perching on a fence when he saw Voodoo go into the woods. She was soon followed by Fluffy. Interesting... he thought as he went ahead and followed. It was rare to see his fellow kittypet neighbors socializing like this. Then again, those two somewhat... scared him at times. Either way, he may as well join in...

"I agree with Fluffy," he mewed somewhat pathetically.

((eh... how should I jump in with Robintail? Is there anyone who would like to interact? Or should I sneak him onto a patrol?))

((D: Sorry I haven't posted in a while! School work and crazyness everywhere! Have to go to a dentist appt. after school, but I'll catch up and check everything when I get back home.))

Voodoo jumped at the sound of both of their voices and spun around, fur bristling. She relaxed slightly and let her fur lie flat. The black she-cat knew these two from the Twolegplace, but she never really talked with them.

"Uh... thanks, I guess." She said with eyes narrowed suspiciously. Voodoo padded two tail-lengths away from the blackbird before sitting down. "Blackbird isn't my favorite fresh-kill, but it was the first thing I found. Personally, I prefer frogs. I find it unfortunate that ThunderClan's territory doesn't have any." She commented as she licked one paw and began to clean her face.

"You can have some if you want." Voodoo meowed before continuing to clean her face.

Starlingleaf glanced up as Mountainmist called to her and Icefire, waving her tail in greeting and welcoming Icefire to the Clan. Starlingleaf waved back with a smile as Icefire responded, then nodded as Mountainmist and Sunpaw bounded off to replenish the fresh-kill pile. She glanced over at Icefire, noticing the smile on her companion's friend, and guessed that she was thinking about how great Clan life was and how awesome it was now that she had joined them. Well, that's what Starlingleaf was thinking of. "Bet you're glad you joined ThunderClan, aren't you?" the medicine cat meowed slyly, with a smile.

"No thanks. I just ate," Fluffy said nodding a greeting to Slash. "By the way, Voodoo, I want your opinion on those clan cats. I just met a few. They seemed pretty pathetic."

She padded slightly closer and sat down.

---

Icefire turned to Starlingleaf. "I sure am! Everyone seems so nice," she exclaimed.

((Hmm...no one seems to be replying to Spirit, but whatever.)) Moonpaw dashed back into camp with her mouse. She'd almost forgot it in her haste. She burst into the clearing, dropped her mousein fresh-kill pile, and tried to find her mentor. "Robintail, where are you? I have something urgent to tell you!"

[[is Girlfairy going to reply soon? If not, I’ll change Coldstorm’s actions.]]

“Sunpaw, you mousebrain!” Mountainmist hissed; turning tails to chase the Moorhen. This bird was pretty big, enough to feed one or two cats. “You aren’t getting away,” She hissed softly as the Moorhen squawked in panic, pelting down the trail of leaves and snow. Mountainmist was fast enough to catch up to it, and managed to knock the Moorhen to the ground. In a heartbeat, Mountainmist was right beside the Moorhen, giving it a slash to the neck.

“Huh. I came pretty far.” She noted that she ran a few feet away from Sunpaw. “Pretty fast, even for a Moorhen.” Picking up the prey, Mountainmist trotted back to the fallen Sunpaw. Soon, she arrived beside him. "Hey, you alright, Sunpaw?" Mountainmist mewed, tail flicking with restrained amusement.

Username: Mumzy

Name: WinterPelt

Position: Medicine

Clan: Shadow Clan

Appearance: [X]

History: Over 4 years ago, all she could remember was wandering through the forest. She was hungry, cold and couldn't remember the last time she ate. She was far to young as a kit to survive on her own. But she kept walking, to try to find someone of her clan. Eventually she realized she was walking in circles most of the time, dizzy from hunger. With no other options, she sat down to rest. She noticed a plant, some herb, perhaps. Sniffing it, she remembered seeing and smelling the same thing. She remembered seeing a medicine cat give the same thing to some of the other kits in the nursery. She thought, she has no other choice, it has to be a harmless herb. She has nothing else to eat! She started eating, and surviving on herbs she remembered seeing in the beloved medicine cats den. She would test some out that she had never seen before, and plant herbs in places she visited often. She felt as if she knew the forest and she could survive on her own.

Months passed and one day she woke up feeling sick. Her condition was worsening by the minute. It then dawned on her it was a plant she had eaten that made her ill. Unknowing of what to do she cried out for help. Hours later she gradually saw a figure in the distance. And That's the last thing she remembered of that forest. After that the Shadow clan took her in. She grew up in the nursery and became a medicine cat for the kits. Now her dreams are to be the clan medicine cat.

Other: She wonders about her family from time to time, but otherwise she is content being in the Thunder clan. She doesn't have any plan on having a mate any time soon, but she does dream of having kits one day.

Mate?: none

Password:Spartan-Kitty

Edited by mumzy

Robintail perked his ears up. "Tell me now! I wanna know!" he excitedly mewed. Despite the fact that he was a full warrior and was mentoring an apprentice, he still seemed to act like a kit at times.

---

Slash eyed the blackbird for a while, before he politely declined. When he heard Fluffy's question, he tensed for a moment. Hazy memories of cats with strange names flooded into his mind, accompanied with the sound of yowling and fighting. Yes, he remembered now. Those clan cats got in a fight with one of his brothers... and won. They were far from pathetic. Snapping back to reality, he forced himself to relax.

((@mumzy: uh... sorry to say this, but Shadow Clan medicine cat has already been taken by me... you can, however, make her an apprentice. Also, post your character sheets in the OOC. There is an updated character list on page four.

Speaking of which... I should jump in Crystaldrop... but how...?))

Edited by greenglassesgal

[[Post in Ooc? And, this:

'otherwise she is content being in the Thunder clan.'

I thought she was in Shadowclan?]]

Sunpaw groaned. "Not again!" He rolled back up. The snow was cold; staying in there wouldn't help. "Did you get it?" His eyes laid on a dead Moorhen. Narrowing his eyes, Sunpaw grunted, "I'm going to find something even better than that Moorhen..." Then he trudged away.

Robintail perked his ears up. "Tell me now! I wanna know!" he excitedly mewed. Despite the fact that he was a full warrior and was mentoring an apprentice, he still seemed to act like a kit at times.

---

Slash eyed the blackbird for a while, before he politely declined. When he heard Fluffy's question, he tensed for a moment. Hazy memories of cats with strange names flooded into his mind, accompanied with the sound of yowling and fighting. Yes, he remembered now. Those clan cats got in a fight with one of his brothers... and won. They were far from pathetic. Snapping back to reality, he forced himself to relax.

((@mumzy: uh... sorry to say this, but Shadow Clan medicine cat has already been taken by me... you can, however, make her an apprentice. Also, post your character sheets in the OOC. There is an updated character list on page four.

Speaking of which... I should jump in Crystaldrop... but how...?))

((Ok, I just read the first post and it said "None" sorry. I'll go ahead and post that sheet. Also got confused between this thread and the OOC one.. *Face paw*

Brownie, that was a typo *Double face paw*))

Edited by mumzy

Darkkit continued attcking her imaginary prey. As she was doing this, she ventured further and further away from the main clearing. Suddenly, she found herself weaving through trees. She stopped and looked around. This was dangerous. She tried to retrace her steps but found herself more lost than before. She started mewing, running around, desperate to get back. What if a cat from another clan attacked her? What if no one heard her? What if they didn't find her? She ran about, trying to get back.

((Techno, Spirit could find Darkkit and come across Thunderclan that way tongue.gif))

Nightstar lifted her head slightly, parting her muzzle in order to scent for prey better. Her ear twitched once and she turned her gaze in the direction she had heard the faint sound. Slipping into a hunter's crouch, she crept forward slowly, carefully listening for any crunch of snow or frozen leaves as she took each step. Finally, when she was close enough, she leapt and pinned the frog to the ground. A simple nip around the neck was sufficient enough to kill it. "Let us head back. It grows dark sooner in Leaf-Bare and the Gathering is tonight. I wish for you to rest a bit so you are well enough to make the trip to Fourtrees." Picking up the frog and Silentpaw's first kill, she let him carry the other two fresh prey and headed back for camp.

((Almost forgot. Dovepaw's going to need a mentor from Riverclan.))

Voodoo paused for a moment. "The clan cats?" She asked in a cold voice.

"I find them to be heartless idiots." She replied simply."I lived in one of the clans at one point, ShadowClan. However, I was mocked for my kittypet roots and," Voodoo stood up and moved to the side."my tail. I was born with a short tail like my father. ShadowClan never let me forget it, so I left and here I am." The black she-cat sat down again.

((Okay, sorry all for my absence! D: And I'm terribly sorry to all of you whom have cats waiting for responses from mine. I'm hoping to get everything knocked out right here and now, but if I miss anything, make sure to let me know!))

Oakpaw was eager to get his first hunting lesson started. "That is, if you're up for it," Dusteye said. "Of course!" Oakpaw couldn't wait to see what his mentor had to teach him, and the thrill of hunting snakes, poisonous snakes, made him even more eager. "What do we do first? Attack? Stalk?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunapaw nodded. "Come on, it'll be fine," she told Sky as he finally agreed to check out the clan. Ashkit began mewling again and it started to bother Lunapaw. Why is he so upset? she wondered. He's almost never like this unless his mother is out doing something... Standing up, Lunapaw began leading Sky to her camp again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Not so fast." A River Clan warrior's voice kept Foxthunder from leading Hazelpaw back closer to camp. When she asked what they were doing so close to the border, he had a smart aleck response that, before it slipped his tongue, was better left unsaid. "I was giving Hazelpaw some hunting training and she strayed a bit far. That was my fault, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Unknown, I had stated before, somewhere here, that Girlfairy76 had pulled out, but we we're keeping Blizzardstar for a bit so that I could allow Sky into the clan

GATHERING TIME!!!

Please wrap up whatever your cats are doing in the next page or two and have them go home. Leaders, pick at least three cats and at most five cats to go to the gathering! The gathering will be RPed in the OOC thread so as not to confuse and mess everything up between activities at camp and at the gathering. Once the gathering has made a whole page, everyone will move back to this thread.

Leaders, please please please post your list of the cats you are taking in the OOC. The leader, deputy, and med. cat don't count as one of your cats as they have to go. Try to make sure that the owners of the cats have been recently active!))

Edited by StarSea

Silentpaw nodded and bounded back to camp. Yawning slightly, he laid down and watched cats as they walked from here to there.

Sunpaw looked up, then whipped around and yowled, "Mountainmist! It's almost time for the gathering! I wonder if I'm chosen to go, that would be great!"

Sky cautiously followed, glancing around nervously as he did. He looked at Ashkit. "Is that kit okay?" he asked.

---

"I understand what you mean," Fluffy told Voodoo, "I think we should teach them a lesson."

Slash, too, nodded slowly. "I've had a bad experience with them myself. They need to be brought to justice..." he meowed in a low tone. He never forgot that moment, even though it has been moons since he'd lived on the streets.

((Hmm...good idea. You don't mind terribly, do you, Tiger?))

"There's...a rogue in our territory! They've been stealing prey and I think the den's near Fourtrees! We should go check it out, come on!" Moonpaw mewed urgently at Robintail.

---------------------------------------

Spirit saw the group coming towards her and freaked out. She twisted around and started running like an entire pack of dogs was after her. She didn't stop until she got to the river and crossed it. She shook off the water and sniffed the air. Great. Now she was in another Clan's territory. She quietly crossed the river again and took the long way back to her den. As she ate her mouse, she hoped the Clan cats wouldn't come too soon for their meeting near her den. She didn't want to lose this one.

Then, she heard a small mewling sound coming towards her. She shrank back into her den. She hoped it was just a cat who was passing by. Then, a small kit came into view. It seemed lost. She stepped out in front of it and said, "Hey...are you alright? Where's your mother? Why are you out here alone? It could be dangerous, you know, for a kit your size."

Edited by Techno_Elf

Darkkit shook a little and stared at this new cat. It was in her Clan's territory. She hissed a little, backing up. She pushed her claws out, even though she knew it wouldn't do much good against a full grown cat. "Darkkit." she growled. "My mother left me in this territory and I was accepted. I was fighting another cat and we strayed away from the center of our territory and now I'm lost." she didn't mention her invisible opponent but she stopped hissing and growling and sat down. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "Please help me."