StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Hazelpaw quaked with fear as her mentor gave a calm reply. How can he be so calm? she thought. That RiverClan warrior is so... scary. Those eyes... The apprentice glanced up at Foxthunder and realized with a start that her mentor could be very scary as well. Feeling a little safer, Hazelpaw stood up straighter and peeked around, sneaking a glance at the scary RiverClan cat.

Silverbreeze narrowed her eyes, staring at the mentor and apprentice for a moment without speaking. What was his name? Foxthunder, or something like that? By the look of it, the apprentice was still quite young, and probably didn't know any better. She still needed to be taught a lesson, though. Silverbreeze saw the apprentice peek around her mentor and opened her mouth to tell the young cat off, but then she realized that it was almost sundown. The Gathering is tonight! She would probably miss it if she had to sort out this whole mess - not to mention she might receive quite a few injuries as well, as it was her against two other cats. Definitely not worth it.

"You'd better," Silverbreeze hissed. "Very well, I'll let this pass. But know that the next time I find a WindClan cat far too near RiverClan territory..." She slid out her claws, baring her teeth at the young cat. The apprentice squeaked and jumped back in fright, and Silverbreeze flicked her tail in satisfaction. "I won't be as lenient." Where in StarClan's name had these words come for? Silverbreeze couldn't remember ever threatening any cat before.

Her heart was thumping in her chest and she tried to hide her fear as she turned away, disappearing into the shadows. What am I doing!? she scolded herself. I shouldn't have jumped out at them. I can't handle stuff like this by myself. Next time Silverbreeze would definitely bring another warrior with her, or at least Dovepaw. No, it was lucky Dovepaw wasn't with her - she might learn to make wrong choices, just like Silverbreeze. Sighing, the feline began to make her way back to camp, hoping that she would be able to attend the Gathering tonight.

"Is she gone?" Hazelpaw whimpered. "I don't want to be hurt... can we go back to camp now, Foxthunder? Please?" She glanced up at the sky, realizing that it was almost sundown. Who knew what other scary cats lurked in the darkness of the night? At that thought, Hazelpaw let out another whimper and curled up tighter into a quaking ball of fur. Somehow, she was able to be coaxed back to camp, and when she and Foxthunder returned they realized that Pigeonstar had been waiting for them. Oops. Nodding at the leader's words, Hazelpaw followed Foxthunder to the fresh-kill pile.

"Yes, please," she replied at his inquiry about wanting to share. She took a few quick bites of the rabbit, taking the edge off her hunger, then sat up and licked the bits and pieces off her whiskers. Pigeonstar announced that they would be ready to go, and, excited, Hazelpaw trotted after her leader.

Starlingleaf looked on proudly as Leafstar announced the new addition to the Clan. She then asked Icefire the traditional question, and the former loner looked over at Starlingleaf for help. "Say 'I do'," the medicine cat whispered, unsure if Icefire could hear her. Luckily, the she-cat exclaimed 'I do!' and Starlingleaf smiled. When Leafstar mentioned her courage and kind heart, the smile broadened as Starlingleaf remembered how Icefire had bravely saved Sunpaw from the rogues. "Icefire! Icefire!" she cheered along with the rest of the Clan. Purring, Starlingleaf bounded up to her friend and nudged her shoulder affectionately. "Welcome to the Clan."

[Phew. Sorry guys. ;~;]

(xd.png It's fine. Glad you were able to catch up. happy.gif)

Lunapaw looked at Blizzardstar in shock. I get to go again? Yes! she thought with joy. It was hardly ever that an apprentice, even a warrior, would get to go to a gathering twice in a row. She got up, preparing to leave for the gathering, then realized Skykit might not want to be alone. "Umm..." she said, thinking of what he could do at his age. "Well, you are to be a kit, so you may as well make yourself a nest... I'm sorry, but I've got to go." A frown plopped itself on her face for she truly was upset that she couldn't stay longer right now to help him get settled in. "You'll be okay, right? I'll be gone just for a bit. And you've got Ashkit," she said, putting on a fake smile. The kit was hardly of much company or fun, especially with how he was acting right now. I'll go looking for his mother if she isn't back by sunhigh tomorrow... she thought to herself. She felt as though Ashkit was like her little brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(blink.gif It posted before I was ready! xd.png)

Socks looked at Fall, Dew, and Drop uneasily before responding. "My tw-twolegs again," she stuttered, using the clan term she had once heard. Unsure of why she used it, or if the others called them that as well, she corrected herself. "Upwalkers, I mean." She winced as the door of the garden right beside this one slammed shut.

Edited by StarSea

Blizzardstar looked around the camp. " Where's Silverbreeze? She's supposed to be here. Oh we'll, she won't come." He announced, then headed off towards fourtrees, where the Gathering was held every moon. They could go by the river; or the dirt path. The leader padded alongside the dirt path.

((Silverbreeze is headed back to the camp. I'm certain she's there by now but, in the OOC, Silverbreeze has arrived with the rest of Riverclan's group at Fourtrees.

Also, Star, I think you might have missed my post for Fawnlily.))

((Silverbreeze is headed back to the camp. I'm certain she's there by now but, in the OOC, Silverbreeze has arrived with the rest of Riverclan's group at Fourtrees. ))

[Haha yeah sorry if I made that unclear O_o I left off that post with the assumption that she arrived back at camp in time to leave... and posted in the OOC. So yeup.]

"Thanks," Icefire purred, eyes shining with happiness. She could start a new life in Thunderclan and forget about the horrors in her past. She looked up, hoping that her mother and father were watching over her, wherever they were.

Leafstar then announced, "Tonight is the night of the gathering and Icefire shall sit vigil. Those coming to the gathering, get ready since we shall leave soon."

---

Skykit looked somewhat alarmed at having Lunapaw leave, but when she started fussing over him, he said, "I'm not a kit anymore, I can take care of myself. Stop fussing over me..."

He turned away, half-embarrassed.

Mistfall smiled at Skykit, obviously sensing his embarrassment.

(( :C I thought Icefire would be made an apprentice first? She does have to learn the ways of a warrior right? Or am I thinking wrong? I've only read up to the second book in the Power of Three series so I don't know if there's anything that happens like Icefire's case. I know Milli was made a warrior but only after having been taught by Graystripe. Just wondering. If I'm wrong, you're free to shoot me.

Also, SL, you might want to get to the OOC. Leafstar get's to go first for speaking at the Gathering.))

((Oh, really? Well, lets say this is just the way Leafstar does things...? I'll get to the OoC straight away!))

[[Dang, I replied to the OOC first. So does that mean we'll continue this scene after the Gathering? Or does the cats 'come back' into camp? Like, should I post this:

Was it just my imagination? No... Eyes narrowed, Galeheart dashed out of camp, towards Fourtrees. "Let's go." I'll deal with it after the Gathering...but why is a rogue here? [Then, the Gathering. Then after that they come back to camp.]

Or should I post this:

Galeheart padded towards where Russet was heading. "Show yourself," He growled, eyes narrowed. ]]

Silentpaw nodded. He blinked in amusement, as if he knew what Twistedpaw was thinking. Then, he mewed in a quiet voice, "Nice of you to come with us, Twistedpaw."

Edited by ChocoBrownie

"So...are we leaving for the Gathering now?" Asked Moonpaw as she cheered with her brother for Icefire.

Spirit looked around and realized she was in the hollow where the cats had their Gatherings. She heard the first cats coming and cursed. She ran as fast as she could back to her den and hid there.

(Sorry it's so confusing. *rubs head* I was just trying to think up a way to have it like the cats are really at a gathering and that way we wouldn't use up half of our 10 pages just going through the gathering...

And Derp. xd.png)

Lunapaw was a bit embarrassed herself, not having expected to start fussing about him, but she supposed it'd been from worrying about Ashkit being alone as well. "Sorry," she said, before bolting off after Blizzardstar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oakpaw nodded. "It still hurts a bit, but my paw feels like something is pricking it... It's weird."

((I'm just going to guess that the rogues/kittypets/loners can continue doing their own thing.))

Upwalkers thought Slash. That was the term that he had used before they came in the picture. Although he did hate the clan cats, the term they used stuck, and he found himself using it all the time. Anyways, back to the current situation. "What did they do?" he asked quietly, failing to notice the arrival of the new cats.

---

Nettle padded up to a familiar Twoleg den. Slash's home. "Oh Chairman Meowzies?" she meowed as loud as she could. "You there?" She was greeted with silence. Strange, he should be there. What's he up to now? she thought, walking off. She looked back for a moment. Oh well, since I'm here, I may as well check out the rest of the Twolegplace to see if he's here.

((Popping Nettle into the scene at Voodoo's house on next post.))

Edited by greenglassesgal

"Oh good. That means the Tormentil root is working." Gently touching the poultice with a forepaw, she checked the moistness of it. "A little longer and it should be okay to remove. Let me know if anything changes alright? In the meantime, get some rest. It's late and snake venom can take a toll on your strength."

" Yeah. I haven't been able to come for a few moons." Twistedpaw replied to Silentpaw, looking ahead of him.

~~

Blizzardstar looked at Fourtrees ahead of his group. Were the other clans there now? He stopped and sniffed the air. No one. They were first! The RiverClan leader strode into the middle of the four trees. Oak trees. He made his way up the rock in the center.

~~

Russet stiffened. Should she run away from the strange cat? She could come later. Bristling, the ginger kit dashed away, forgetting where she lived, and slipped into the rabbit hole, bumping her head on the ground below.

Edited by girlfairy76

((xd.png Actually, all of the clans should be there now and, in the forest territory, all the leaders sit on the Great Rock in the center.))

[Lol yeah. This thread is for rogues/loners/kittypets and the cats back at camp. All Gathering things take place in OOC thread. xP And about the Icefire thing, yeah, I wasn't sure what you were going to do; I thought she would be made an apprentice first but this way works too because she can still learn along the way, she just won't have a mentor.]

"You're welcome," Starlingleaf mewed, smiling in return. She was genuinely happy that her friend could join the Clan. Leafstar then announced that they would be leaving, and the medicine cat nodded. "Well, goodbye, Icefire. I'll see you soon." She touched her tail tip to Icefire's shoulder and bounded after her leader.

[Yeah. She's technically already at the Gathering. Just felt like posting that bit. LOL this is a little confusing]

"Sitting vigil is guarding camp. But you must be silent. When we come back, you can go and find a place to sleep in the warriors den," Leafstar explained to Icefire, who nodded eagerly and sat in the middle of camp.

"Thunderclan, let's go!" Leafstar then said, leading the cats out of the camp.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you." Voodoo chuckled lightly. She gestured to the others with a jerk of her head to inside her garden. The black she-cat leaped down first and her brother--who was scolding himself on the inside for reasons unknown-- followed shortly after. The shadow furred cat led the group deeper inside the jungle of a garden while her brother brought up the rear.

Fall followed with Dew and Drop excitedly chatting at his side. Then Scar came after. Fluffy looked over at Socks and Slash.

"Slash, Socks, are you two both coming?" she asked before following.

"Huh?" responded Slash, confused for a moment. Then, he realized that the rest of them had left. "Oh yeah! I'm coming!" he said, padding along...

---

"Coming where?" asked a stern Nettle. "Why weren't you at your Twolegs' den when I came, Chairman Meow?" She stated the last two words loudly and clearly in hopes to embarrass Slash in front of all the rogues and other kittypets.

"Nettle!" exclaimed an annoyed Slash. "Don't call me that in public!" He took a moment to calm down. "Well, anyways, yeah, sorry for not being able to meet up with you. You see, there's this group of cats I found that are more than happy to get revenge on the clan cats..."

"I thought I told you that I'd never do something as rash as that!" Nettle snapped. "We would get killed if we were to recklessly charge into-"

"But that's the point!" interrupted Slash. "We're rounding up cats to do this so that we can think up a plan while keeping safety in numbers! Wanna join?"

"... I'll consider it. Might as well follow them to keep an eye on you," grumbled Nettle.

"Thanks." Slash then continued racing after the rogues. "Come on!" he called back.

"To where? What are we doing?" Socks asked, slowly padding after Slash. She didn't get what they were talking about when they said something about getting revenge on clan cats. Then as Slash raced away. she bounded after him, not wanting to go back to her twolegs but having no where else to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oakpaw nodded and rested his head on his paws, then slowly closed his eyes as sleep tugged at his paws.

"WindClan is doing very well. Oakkit is now Oakpaw, and he's been bitten by a very very poisonous snake. Hah! He may even die! What a relief. It's too bad that he was Dusteye's apprentice. Shame. Anyways, I told Fawnlily to give him some deathberries, and now that he's going to die, why doesn't everyone come over to WindClan for a game? It'll be great fun." Pigeonstar cheered to the cats below at the gathering, all looking up at her, wide eyed and Cheshire smiles, blood dripping from their mouths.

"What? Why? But I didn't do anything wrong!" Oakpaw screamed as they all turned to him.

Pigeonstar looked directly at him, leaping at him, arms spread wide. She seemed to glide along the distance, and before she reached him, she went up in flames, becoming a burning hawk. The hawk opened it's mouth and instead of a screeching call coming from it, a deep and rich voice spoke from it. The hawk turned his gaze towards the glowing stars as he spoke.

"A star shall fall, one of wisdom and will. Their loyalty shatters the fears of others, but only so tall may they stand." With that, the hawk blew out like a small flame, and Oakpaw was left in darkness. Eventually his mind calmed and sleep overtook him fully.

Edited by StarSea

Voodoo led them all through the variety of herbs and plants to the lavender bush the first few cats met under before. Crawling under first, she took her original place at the base of the bush and sat down. Whitefeather waited for everyone else to crawl under before entering. He took his place on Voodoo's right side. "Don't you think it's a bit, cramped under here?" Whitefeather complained.

"Oh it's not that bad, Whitefeather." Voodoo sighed. "Alright, so far we have nine cats total or ten if Socks wishes to be included." Her green eyes traveled over the crowded cats. "We have many potential fighters, but we are missing one thing. A healer. Anyone willing or know anyone who's good with herbs?"

Fall let out a chuckle as Voodoo mentioned a healer. "I have all the knowledge you can have about helpful herbs and plants. My old bones won't be any use on the battlefield anyways." he said.

"Wow Fall! You sure know a lot!" Dew exclaimed.

"What are you being surprised about, right? Of course he knows a lot. Think of all the moons he's been traveling for!" Drop then said. Dew glared at him as Fall smiled at the two.

Rennoshin heard a commotion coming from the bushes nearby. He walked over and saw Slash and a bunch of other cats. "Hiya." He chirped. "What's going on?"