StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Voodoo stared at the two cats in front of her with acidic green eyes. "I agree, but not now. There's no way we can battle the Clan cats with only three cats and I don't know the other cats around here. Plus the Clans will be holding their Gathering soon. It's not wise to fight on the night of a full moon." She meowed.

Voodoo stood up and stretched then went over to the blackbird. Quickly scraping a hole in the earth, the she-cat placed the fresh-kill in the hole and covered it with soil. "We best be moving back to the Twolegplace. I don't want to be found by a ThunderClan Patrol." The black she-cat said with an echo of disgust in her voice when she said ThunderClan.

"OK. I can help. But on one condition." Spirit crouched down so she was at eye level to Darkkit. "You can't tell anyone about me. OK?"

Then she stood up and said, "So...um...do you know the general direction where you came from?"

Edited by Techno_Elf

"Hmph. You're right. But if we do, we can at least take on a patrol by ourselves..." Fluffy got up and shook herself, "I know that it may be useless to fight them now but... I know a few others who would gladly help us teach those clan cats a lesson..."

“Don’t get so optimistic, Sunpaw…” Mountainmist let out a small mrrow of laughter. “Let’s go back to camp and put this Moorhen in the fresh kill pile, shall we?” Bounding away, Mountainmist soon reached camp. She placed the bird into the pile, nodding to Sunpaw. “Why don’t you eat something? After all, a Moorhen is a pretty big catch. And the gathering's about to start."

((Herpderp. I've yet to actually sign Ashkit up, but I plan on doing it right when I get my laptop back. <_> I miss my laptop. And I figured I may as well make a kittypet/loner or two just for the heck of it, so I'll make their actual character sheets when I do Ashkit's.))

As Lunapaw padded into the camp, she cautiously looked around to make sure that nobody would attempt to attack Sky. One could tell she clearly began to walk with her head a little higher, Ashkit swaying from side to side with each of her steps. His mewling had stopped, but his fidgeting had started up again. She put Ashkit down in the center of the clearing, near the freshkill pile.

As soon as his paws hit the ground, Ashkit burst out screaming for his mother. "Dawnmoon! Mommy!! Mamma!"

Lunapaw jumped at the loud, earsplitting noise that Ashkit was making and she herself was beginning to think he'd gone a bit crazy. "Help!" she called over her shoulder to Sky as Ashkit bolted for the camp entrance, still screaming. "Ashkit, what is wrong with you!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sock bounded up on her twoleg fence, her golden bell laced onto her violet collar letting out a small chime, and let her gaze drift out into the forest. "Wow," was all she could say. After having been confined to her twoleg nest for moons after she gave birth, she'd forgotten what the moon looked liked. The crisp, winter air took her breath away. Hazy moonlight twinkling on the gentle layer of snow. This is what she missed the most about outside.

(Gotta go. Will finish later. smile.gif)

Dusteye's tail twitched with amusement at Oakpaw's eagerness. "First, we scent the air for any possible prey. Go ahead, give it a go. Tell me what you smell." He waited, sitting lightly on his haunches and glancing upwards as Silverpelt began to appear and shine in the growing night. They would need to head back soon. Dusteye hadn't meant for them to be out so long, especially since the Gathering was tonight and those who were going needed their rest. He'd been to plenty of Gatherings but not always one right after the other so he didn't know if he would be going tonight.

Looking back to Oakpaw, he listened to whatever scents the younger cat may have picked up before moving on. "Good, good. Now is when you slip into a hunter's crouch. Be sure to avoid putting too much weight in your paws or you'll make noise each time you move and alert your prey. Also, hold your tail off the ground to likewise avoid making any noise and help your balance." Once positioned, he stalked forward, going through the movements for Oakpaw to see before standing straighter. "Go ahead and give it a go. If you're up for it, try catching something for the clan."

---

Nightstar dropped the prey she carried onto the freshkill pile once Silentpaw had done so and headed to rest. "Lightningstreak, appoint one or two warriors to be in charge while we are away at the Gathering. Afterwards, eat and rest up for the trip to Fourtrees tonight. I will be announcing our departure in awhile." She would not need to repeat herself as she knew, eye contact or not, Lightningstreak had heard her completely and see to it that what was needed was done. Meanwhile, Nightstar went to see Crystaldrop, tilting her head slightly to call the medicine cat's name before taking a step into the den. "Crystaldrop? Do you have any herbs that can hold my strength over for tonight? I will not eat any prey before leaving as what is in the pile shall be for the rest of the clan."

Sky grabbed the kit by the scruff before he could get out. Since he wasn't much larger than the kit, being only a few moons old himself, but managed to hold the kit in place. What on the earth was this kit struggling about?

"Okay!" Sunpaw yawned as he bounded towards the fresh kill pile, snatching up a vole. Tearing his claws into it, Sunpaw finished the vole in three minutes. "That was a nice vole," He mewed to himself as he it reduced it to scraps.

Silentpaw bounded after Nightstar, when he realized that he was right in front of Crystaldrop’s den. Curious, he sweeped to the side and pricked his ears; perhaps something was wrong? As he heard the conversation, Silentpaw bounding away, proud that his mentor would sacrifice her meal for others. If he got some fresh kill, maybe he’ll give some to Nightstar? Silentpaw then shot his gaze towards the fresh kill pile. Next time, he’ll catch more so that every cat could eat.

"Mmm. Sounds like a plan," agreed Slash. "We may be 'kittypets', but we do know how to fight!"

---

Crystaldrop popped out of the medicine store. "Of course! I just restocked on them," she said, nodding. "Are you sure you can go on an empty stomach, though?"

---

Robintail's expression turned to that of exaggerated horror. "THAT'S TERRIBLE! ...but should we really be going there by ourselves? We should report to our leader first" he said.

Moonpaw facepawed. "I...suppose you're right. Come on! Let's go already! Can't let that rogue keep stealing our prey!" Moonpaw meowed excitedly as she bounced towards the leader's den. Edited by Techno_Elf

Leafstar came out and was surprised as a bouncing Moonpaw almost crashed into her.

"Moonpaw? What's wrong? You seem very excited..." she asked, smiling at the apprentice's excitement. "Did you find something interesting?"

"There's a rogue in our territory near Fourtrees! He or she has been stealing our prey and I found remains there too! We have to go chase it away!" Moonpaw blurted out in one breath.

Leafstar gave an amused meow, "You're very eager, I see. I'll get a patrol for that soon. But, now, I have to announce those who are to be going to the gathering as well as hold a ceremony for Icefire, who will be joining us."

She looked around. "You and Sunpaw shall be going, so get ready for it."

Voodoo gestured towards the Twoleg place with a nod of her head." We better get back to the Twolegplace before we are found." She meowed."Fluffy, you said you some others around here that are like us, correct? I need you to find them and bring them to my garden. It will hide them well, it's basically like a jungle. We can plan how we're going to attack the Clans there. I will wait on the fence that surrounds it."

Darkkit looked into the cat's eyes. She didn't like it when they were like this. "But-But- you're in our territory!" she looked a little angry but stood her ground. She felt braver but didn't understand why. She glared a little and still looked at the cat. "Someone will find me. Or I will find my way home. There are cats all over the territory, they will find you." she flicked her slender black tail and waited for a reply.

Mountainmist pricked her ears, before heading towards Sunpaw. "Hey. It seems as if you will be going to the gathering. I will, too." She mewed, flicking her tail. "You should get ready."

"YAAY! Thaaaanks, Leafstar!" Squeaked Moonpaw as she started bouncing around Robintail. Then she bounced off to tell her brother the good news. "Sunpaaaaw! Guess what! We're going to the Gathering!"

-------------------------------

Spirit twitched her ears. "Yes, I know I'm in your territory. But that doesn't mean I know the way around! Besides, I was already found by a patrol earlier. And another cat found my den. I suppose they're on their way here right now! I just don't want the entire forest of cats on my tail, that's all. Now come on, let's get you back before...before...I don't even know! Just come on!"

She started to walk in a completely random direction.

"You guys go ahead. I'll try and find the cats I know. One of them will need a bit of persuading I think..." Fluffy said, turning to go and track down Scar.

---

"Mountainmist, Robintail, you two are also going," Leafstar announced, watching Moonpaw, amused.

"What's a gathering?" Icefire asked Starlingleaf, confused.

Voodoo nodded and bounded off back down the path towards the Twolegplace. After serveral minutes of running, she reached her twoleg nest in the dead of night. Fortunately, there was a lit lampost near her twoleg nest's fence, so she could see it clearly.

Before she leaped onto the wood, Voodoo first decided to groom her somewhat scruffy fur. No point in meeting new cats with a dirty pelt... the black she-cat thought. Once she was finished, the short tailed cat launched herself onto the fence, swaying a bit to close to the otherside towards her garden as she landed. Hooking her claws into the wooden fence, she regained her balance on the top and sat down. The black she-cat locked her bright, green eyed gaze down the path out of the Twolegplace, waiting for the other cats to come.

It didn't take Fluffy long to find Scar. He was coming through Thunderclan territory from Riverclan. Fluffy explained the situation to him, who smiled and told her that he had caught Fall's scent near the River-Wind boundary. She went towards the boundary to find Fall, asleep on a rock, and shook him awake. She then lead him towards where Scar was and the three made their way towards the twoleg place.

"Fluffy. What is it that you want to discuss? Why can't we discuss it here?" Fall asked, yawning.

"There are other cats who are here to join in as well," Fluffy replied.

"And that's why you youngsters dragged me all this way?"

"Heh. Fall, it's you who came here of your own accord," Scar cut in.

"Alright, we're here. Hey, Voodoo," she called, jumping up next to her, "This is Scar and Fall. I couldn't find Icefire, though. She seems to have mistaken the clan cats for good cats. That's why I said she'd need persuading."

Voodoo nodded a greeting to the two tom cats. "Welcome to my home." She slowly stood up and gestured with a flick of her head to inside her jungle of a garden."Please, come in." She leaped down inside her garden. She didn't stagger as much when she landed this time. The black she-cat, appearing no more than a shadow, led them through the large mass of greenery. Voodoo passed a plant she believed her owners called a "Venus Fly Trap". from it's brownish appearance it seemed to be wilting, but she wasn't sure. After a few more bushes, ferns, and a variety of other strange plants, She stopped underneath a lavender bush. It was tall enough for them all to sit up straight, while still low enough where none of them could be seen.

Voodoo slid under the low branches and sat near the base of the bush. It was dark as there was no lighting close by so luckily the cats had good night vision.

Scar and Fall leaped onto the fence and dropped down below with Fluffy, following Voodoo.

"So, Fall, any news on your daughter's whereabouts?" Scar asked as they followed.

"Unfortunately, no..." Fall replied.

"It's probably those clan cats' doings... They are heartless idiots after all," Fluffy said, sitting next to Voodoo.

"Yeah, I meant two particularly arrogant ones. They seem to look down on every other cat," Scar said, narrowing his eyes, "Their claws weren't as sharp as their words. Just a bunch of stupid cats who think they're better than every other cat."

"Well, I met quite a nice youngster who talked with me for a while about nice things. A polite young one," Fall said, giving himself a few licks.

"Those clan cats killed your mate and took your daughter. This is the perfect time for revenge, but you go around complementing how polite young clan cats are?" Scar asked.

"Never blame the little ones, never blame them Scar..."

Fluffy looked at Voodoo expectantly, as if she was expecting Voodoo to be able to stop Fall from thinking that the clan cats were nice.

"Cool..." Sunpaw mewed. [[i think I need to beam out his personality more...]] "But do we really have to go now? I just came back from hunting and training...ah, whatever...might as well..." He stood up and yawned for a moment.

Silentpaw bounded over to the clearing, ready to go to the Gathering.

"You are correct that the young ones are better than the older ones." Voodoo meowed to Fall. "However, the longer they stay in the Clan, they just get worse. Believe me, I know. I used to be in one of them." She sighed deeply. "I left because they never stopped mocking me for my kittypet roots and my tail. I was born with a short tail like my father." Voodoo started scratching a few lines in the dirt with one of her claws. "I used to think that the Clanlife was everything to me, But I learned more about my family and I grew unsure. All throughout my apprenticeship, the apprentices that trained with me mocked me constantly. Come to think about it... more like everyone. Then after a few months after obtaining my warrior name I just... snapped. I left and here I am." Her bright green eyes narrowed and she swiped her claws over the lines. She set her gaze on the cats around her. "We are still too few on cats to attack the Clans. For now we need to focus on recruitment. Do any of you know of any other cats like us?"

Darkkit followed in hot pursuit but soon found herself in a familiar part of the territory. She watched Spirit walk another way and then ran in the right direction. Soon enough, she stumbled across the camp. She then settled more in the middle but not completely in the middle. She decided not to tell the others about Spirit, as she'd asked.