StarSea

Warriors: The Beginning

Mountainmist looked forward. They were almost to camp. Mountainmist replied without looking at Sunpaw, “I mean, Sunpaw, you’re fickle. One moment you’re lazy, then in the next moment, you’re all pumped up. It’ll be way more easier to train you if you pick up a different trait. How about…‘diligent’ or ‘attentive’?”

Starlingleaf nodded at Brightheart once she was done showing Icefire the nursery. "We'll be on our way and let you get your rest," she purred, and started to head to the warriors' den before pausing and looking over at Icefire. "How are you doing so far?" she meowed. "Any questions? Do you want me to go slower, so you don't feel overwhelmed? You're not saying much," she observed.

[The awkward moment when you realize that your RP characters are always more talkative after you watch a Pinkie Pie-related episode of MLP. Like, I read my words in Pinkie's voice. o_o]

((Star, not sure if you noticed but, I put up a couple of forms in the OOC and a question.))

Dusteye nodded slightly, waiting briefly as Oakpaw caught up. "Yes, some are poisonous. Usually, those are the more brightly colored snakes but there are very few of them so a warrior doesn't have to worry too much about being bitten. Still, that doesn't mean one can be a bit more careless. Here, this is Outlook Rock. Right over there is the old set." He pointed with his tail, glancing around and taking in the view from Outlook Rock. He loved spots like this where he could see a good stretch of the territories around him and see what was happening nearby. "We've got some time before we should head back to camp. Let's head to the badger set and see what scents you can pick up. That is, if you're up for it."

---

"To an extent, Silentpaw, yes. When hunting, snow can crunch beneath your paws and alert the scarce prey of your presence. It will also make it a bit harder to scent out your prey but, with time and practice, you'll be able to scent it almost as well as you can in New-Leaf." Nightstar padded over to stand beside her apprentice, her movements a shy bit slower than they usually were due to the snow.

The ground was now covered in a very thin layer of white powder that was half melting and half sticking. Ears twitching, Nightstar brushed Silentpaw's shoulder to direct his attention towards a scavenging rat. It shuffled its long nose through fallen leaves and chilled soil. Quietly and delicately, Nightstar took a few paw-steps back, indicating that Silentpaw should attempt to catch it.

---

Graykit squealed in anticipation, darting around Lightningstreak's paws until she licked his head. At that point, he stopped abruptly and purred loudly, rising on his hind legs and resting his front paws against her flank. "I can be patient! Watch! I'll be the most patient warrior you know! Promise!" He exclaimed happily, intent on proving his worth to the other cats, especially the deputy and the leader. Dropping to all fours again, tail held high, he bounded to Wildshade's side and rubbed along the older cat's leg.

Wildshade growled with disgust, pulling his paw away and clicking his jaw. "Yeck... Keep you're kitten filth to yourself! Go annoy the fur off of someone else, would you?" Rotten kit! Wildshade shook out his 'offended' paw, glancing at Lightningstreak a moment later. "Mouse-dung... Alright, fine. Deadwinter can lead the patrol on his own but he better hurry it up then or I'm leaving without him. Where is that sorry warrior anyways? Is he still sleeping? Lazy feline..."

"Don't worry, I'm fine," Icefire said, smiling. Then, she suddenly noticed the snow. it had covered most of the ground by now and she had been so use to the snow in her earlier years that she had only just noticed the change in the scenery.

"Snow..." she whispered, looking around, bittersweet memories coming into her head. She shook herself and looked at Starlingleaf, feeling a bit down.

"Okay, what's next?" she asked with forced enthusiasm.

---

((Yes, I was hoping for someone to notice Fall))

"Alright..." Sky said calmly, curiosity in his voice, "I'll have a look... It's been a while since I've been with other cats..."

---

Scar turned and kicked up snow at the other cat, smiling.

"Nothing really..." he said.

Sunpaw lifted his muzzle in the air. "Yes, Mountainmist...I know what you mean." He then let out a mew of excitement. “We’re back!” Snow crunching under his paws, Sunpaw screeched to a halt at the clearing, looking around. “Hey! Did anything happen while we were gone?” He asked no one in particular.

Silentpaw flicked his ears back, silent as a rock. He slowly stalked forward, recalling his training a few moments ago. Then, Silentpaw slashed forwards, using both claws to lash out at the rat before quickly retracting his forepaws. The rat fell dead on the ground. Silentpaw padded over to the rat and picked it up before placing it in front of his mentor’s paws.

Hazelpaw closed her mouth and glanced around, as if realizing for the first time where she was. "Oh, this is Fourtrees!" she exclaimed in surprise. She took a double take at how close she really was to RiverClan territory. "Oops. We should.. probably go, yeah." Hazelpaw began to walk away, her paws making little prints in the snow, when an accusing mew rang out in the still, chilly air.

[FINALLY, A CHANCE TO USE A RIVERCLAN CHARACTER]

"Not so fast." Silverbreeze padded forward, her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing so close to the RiverClan border?" Her neck fur was fluffed up, but it flattened a little when she realized it was just an apprentice and her mentor. She had been worried, as she was on a single-cat hunting mission, but she wasn't going to just let those WindClan cats get away with this. Maybe I should have thought this through, Silverbreeze thought, suppressing a sigh. She stood up straighter, her blue eyes flashing coldly.

Hazelpaw let out a squeak of fright and sprang backwards, cowering behind her mentor. Please, please, please don't hurt me, she thought fervently. Oh, why oh why did she have to venture so close to Fourtrees? StarClan, if you're listening, don't let the scary cat kill me! I'm too young to join you! I have my whole life to live, my warrior name to earn, lots and lots of patrols and battles to take part of!

Lightningstreak nodded in approval, her eyes glimmering. "Good, Graykit. That's all I ask for. Your mentor and the Clan will be very pleased with you." Her whiskers twitched as Wildshade grumbled at the kit, then her eyes flashed at his words. "Why don't you go find him yourself?" she retorted. "I have my own patrol to lead." The deputy suppressed an urge to roll her eyes. Wildshade was making this whole patrol business take wayyy longer than necessary.

"Now, ah, Graykit. Why don't you do me a favor and take some prey to the elders?" Lightningstreak tossed a mouse toward the kit, well aware that he probably just wanted something to do. And all the better - if he bothered Wildshade any more, Lightningstreak suspected that the grouchy warrior would bite the poor kit's ear off.

Starlingleaf nodded, relieved. Then Icefire whispered something Starlingleaf couldn't quite catch and looked around. The medicine cat looked around as well, puzzled, then realized that Icefire had probably just noticed all the snow. "It's pretty, isn't it?" Starlingleaf purred, admiring the scenery and failing to notice her companion's troubled thoughts. "Next... let's go see the apprentices' den, shall we?"

[i'm not sure where all the apprentices are. Help? ;~;]

Icefire nodded. "Okay, let's go," she said. She lifted her paw and shook some snow off. There was at least one good thing about it snowing; Icefire's skills wouldn't get any less sharp with the snow around. She was used to it, well, she had lived in the mountains for a long time.

[Okay I'll just assume they're all out patrolling/training/etc.]

Starlingleaf led Icefire to the apprentice den and poked her head inside. "It seems that our apprentices aren't here right now. Which is good - they should be training and working hard at the moment, not napping." The den was empty, a few nests neatly made and the rest of them messy and all over the place. "Oh, my." Starlingleaf squeezed in and patted down the nests so that they were nice and neat. "That's better," the medicine cat purred. "Any questions about apprentices?"

"Yes. Will I become an apprentice when I join or what?" Icefire asked, tilting her head slightly. She looked at the nests that Starlingleaf had adjusted.

"Also, how many apprentices are there?" she added

((Great new character? So you killed this one? -confused-))

Nightstar nodded, purring faintly with approval. "Very good, Silentpaw. I don't believe you should have much trouble with hunting during Leaf-Bare. Come. I wish for you to continue practicing a bit longer elsewhere in the territory. Anytime you catch prey-scent, hunt it down. If you need help, I shall provide it." Beginning to walk, she half-guided, half-followed, Silentpaw through the territory.

---

Graykit bounced again, tail wagging excitedly. "Sure, Lightningstreak!" Hurrying over to the fresh-kill pile, he picked up a frog nearly bigger than his head and quickly headed for the Elder's Den.

"Good riddance," Wildshade muttered, ears twitching at the deputy's voice again. "Find him myself? And where do you suggest I start looking, deputy? I know nothing about his habits nor do I care to." Nonetheless, he got up and began searching for Deadwinter. "Deadwinter! Foxdung! Where are you?"

Edited by Narvix

Silentpaw shook his head. Narrowing his eyes, he slid through the wet bushes and peered into the forest, amber eyes flashing as he caught sight of a vole, scampering into the ground. Flashing behind the vole, Silentpaw used a paw to throw the vole into the air, preventing it from entering the hole. Using the other paw, Silentpaw killed the vole with a quick slash.

"I'm not too sure what Leafstar plans to do when you join the Clan," Starlingleaf admitted. "But like I said before... she probably will have you be an apprentice for a few moons until you get suited to Clan life. You'll receive a mentor and do apprentice tasks. And at the moment, there are four apprentices in ThunderClan: Echopaw, Goldenpaw, Sunpaw, and Moonpaw." She flicked her tail. "The apprentice den will be quite full if Leafstar decides to have you sleep there as well," she mused, eying the nests. "Well, never mind that for now. Let's go to the warriors den." Starlingleaf slid out of the apprentices' den and waited for Icefire to follow.

Icefire smiled. It sounded nice to have so many other cats around. She nodded and followed Starlingleaf. The warriors den, huh? She wondered how it would be different from the apprentices den.

Mountainmist looked around camp. "It seems pretty busy here. Sunpaw, why don't we check on Icefire?" Mountainmist just finished her sentence when her eyes caught sight of Icefire and Starlingleaf. "Hey! You two! How's it going?" She waved her tail in greeting. "I bet Leafstar let you join. Welcome to the clan."

Coldstorm snarled. "Don't joke around." He whipped around, claws sliding out, a glint in his eyes. "It seems as if I'll have to kill you here." Lunging, Coldstorm used one claw to slash at the rogue's legs, before using his hind legs to sweep Scar off balance.

Scar winced as his leg received a nasty slash. However, Scar reacted quickly and jumped up before Coldstorm's legs could sweep him off balance. He used Coldstorm's back as a springboard to land on his other side.

"Kill me? Oh ho, I'm so scared!" he taunted, turning to face Coldstorm again. "Catch me if you can then."

He then ran further into Riverclan territory.

---

Icefire smiled as she saw Mountainmist and Sunpaw and dipped her head respectfully. "Yes, thank you, all is fine, Mountainmist," she replied.

Edited by SoiledLove

Mountainmist nodded promptly. “Very well. I’ll leave you will Starlingleaf, then, Icefire.” Mountainmist bounded off, signaling Sunpaw. “Come, Sunpaw. The clan’s fresh kill pile seems low today.”

Coldstorm bared his teeth as he watched the rogue escape. “Tch. Foxdung.” He turned to look behind him. “I need to tell Blizzardstar…” Coldstorm then turned and splashed through the river; the water’s weight didn’t seem to slow him down. Coldstorm sprinted across the land, soon arriving to the clearing, panting. “Blizzard…star…there is a…rogue in our camp…he is strong enough to match me.” Coldstorm growled, calming down with each breath. “Tch. If I see that rogue again…”

Scar stopped as he realized the other cat wasn't chasing him.

"Whatever, that was no fun..." he muttered, going elsewhere.

---

Icefire smiled as she watched the two go. Clan life was going to be great.

Sunpaw quickly ran to Mountainmist's side. He looked back. "Bye, Icefire!" He mewed.

Silentpaw was about to bury the prey when he realised that it would probably be frozen by the time he gets back. The ground was already starting to freeze solid; it will also be hard to dig into. Leaving the vole next to his mentor, Silentpaw snuck back into the undergrowth. "..."

Lightningstreak smiled as Graykit scampered off to the elders' den with a huge frog clutched in his jaws. Her smile faded as Wildshade responded snarkily to her suggestion. She opened her mouth to shoot a few words back, but then the grouchy old warrior got up and went to go look for Deadwinter. Great StarClan, Lightningstreak thought, the tip of her tail twitching irritably. That tom is honestly getting on my nerves. Hoping that Wildshade would find Deadwinter and that everything would be sorted out just fine, Lightningstreak went off in search of cats for her own patrol.

Nightstar waited and watched silently as her apprentice caught the vole. He seemed caught in a dilemma about what to do with the fresh kill afterwards before leaving it with her. Smiling inwardly, she picked up the vole and followed Silentpaw, waiting for him to make another kill before speaking. "I believe this shall do for the time being. No use staying outside of camp for very long and having all of one's strength sapped away by the cold. Come. We'll head back and you can rest up a bit."

Silentpaw opened his mouth to complain, but then decided to stay silent. He trotted up to his mentor's side. "..." He sniffed the leaves. Prey was already starting to hide in their holes. This Leaf-Bare, like always, won't be an easy one.

Darkkit played at the edge of the main clearing of Thunderclan. She stayed away from most others. She felt like she didn't fit in but still needed to be looked after. She'd bound about, jumping on imaginary prey. The stories of the Warriors fascinated her. She then turned to fighting a cat from another territory, fighting over her imaginary kill. She'd swipe her paw and claw at her opponent. She'd duck out of the way of an attack and then attack with her own.